New 1989 opening titles

Guest beau_t

What does everyone think of the new opening titles first seen in episode 281? I think they look great, very glossy and it's great to see them for the first time in this kind of quality.

A couple of things strike me as odd: The shots of Carly and Roo, and Celia and Fisher are very similar to the 1988 shots. Couldn't they have come up with something different? I don't like the shot of Morag as much as her short lived previous shot (though I do remember this shot from when I was little, and how I thought she looked like the evil queen or something :lol: )

And the shot of Lance and Martin is odd. Lance seems to be in a serious bad mood with Marty: not something you'd expect to see in the opening titles where everybody's happy.

Also do you think the cast are ordered in any sort of importance? I notice Alf and Ailsa are moved to a much more prominant 3rd place (with Bobby and Frank 2nd). I think the best they got was 2nd place for a while in the 1994 titles, straight after Pippa and Michael, until they were switched with Shane and Angel.

I am so behind with the early years since I cant record them off 7TWO until I sort out the problems with my TV, hopefully I'll get the episodes from somewhere when they are available. Looking forward to the new titles in high quality too!

I've only just started 1989 on my own viewings but I did manage to track down a copy of these credits and they look pretty good if a bit strange in places:I get the point about the Lance/Martin one and even the Alf/Ailsa one seems like they didn't know what to do with them.

Good point about the order, I can actually see them deciding that Alf and Ailsa are now more prominent than the Fletcher children like Carly and Steven, since the focus has shifted away from them a bit since the pilot, which is the last time we had a completely new set of credits.Although I think circumstances can dictate the order as well:Looking ahead, what I believe is the next change has Tom and Pippa still 1st and Alf and Ailsa still 3rd but a very strange choice in 2nd...(Check out the credits section on the main site to see what I mean.)

Pippa and Tom = not too keen, the colours seem to pale in the picture or something, though I like them together rather than the individual shots they had previous.

Frank and Bobby = don't like the way Bobby is dressed and I think they are too far away from the camera.

Alf and Ailsa = I like this one.

Roo and Carly = very similiar to there previous shot, probably not quite as good.

Celia and Fisher = much of a muchness

Sally and Stevo = my favourite of this lot.

Lance and Martin = better than their bubbelgum, even with moody Lance.

Morag = agree not as good as her first shot, but I love the sense of foreboding.

I realy don't get the re-jig of the credits for 1989. They've updated the framing of the characters but it seems like pretty much all the shots are the same, except that Frank and Bobby now share a shot, as do Tom and Pippa. They should have just kept the old shot of Morag which seemed to have more authority.

HOWEVER, I love how quickly we're getting through these episodes. I love them, despite the fact that last night, having had no access to my laptop for a week thanks to my new cable taking ages to arrive, I watched 5 episodes of Neighbours during which Rebecca (Jane Hall) was the main focus, then caught up on H&A:TEY during which Rebecca (Jane Hall) was the main focus. My head = completely f*****. :lol:

I love the Carly/Roo shot.

In some ways I agree ES. First off if you look at the previous set of credits, only Morag got a coloured blob, so they were obviously looking at adding it, but why not just change the whole lot in 261? We don't gain anyone here, and I don't think they change for another 50 episodes.

Archived