I'll Be With You Until The End

Guest callyha

Thank you so much for your lovely comments :)

I hope this chapter is ok, I'm not too sure, I just needed a basis to start something with two of the people ( I don't want to say who, but I'm sure you'll probably guess) and hope it reads ok.... *FINGERS CROSSED*

Chapter 58

Neither of them pulled away. They wanted to remain as they were. Feeling safe in each others arms, like nothing bad would ever happen to them.

Charlie and Ruby had realized that this was the first time they had hugged whilst Charlie was stood on her feet. All the other times she was layed in bed or sitting up. Charlie didn't want to give up the embrace, but the pain in her leg had won.

"Ow" Charlie painfully cried silently, hoping it wasn't heard

"Charlie?" Ruby asked as she pulled her head away. Looking to Charlie, she saw the pain stricken Charlie barely able to stand. "Sit down" Ruby quickly added as she pulled herself completely away but keeping her hands on Charlie's waist so she wouldn't fall to the ground.

"I can do this" Charlie argued, still clearly in pain

"Your face doesn't agree with you" Morag replied

"Who listens to a face?" Charlie said, hoping it would be enough to stop the conversation and allow her to continue with her rehab

"We do when it tells us that" Ruby replied as she eased Charlie down into the wheelchair.

Tish took the crutches away from Charlie. It was a fight to take them away, and Charlie didn't want to let them go, but deep down she knew that she couldn't do anything to stop the inevitable form happening.

"We can try again tomorrow" Tish smiled

"No. Tomorrow will be the same. And the next day and the next. I should just give up. Stay in this thing for the rest of my life" Charlie snapped as she hit the wheel of the chair

"Charlie, you will get this. It'll just...

"Take time I know" Charlie added.

Ruby swallowed hard. Angelo put the crutches back against the wall and joined Ross and Morag where they stood.

They all stood, watching Charlie as she stared forward. She looked frustrated and annoyed.

They hadn't seen this side of Charlie before. It was as if she'd given up on everything. That she was letting the accident beat her.

"Charlie?" Ross spoke softly

"Don't" Charlie snapped. "Can I go back to my room" Charlie asked Tish as she looked to her.

"Yes" Tish replied, in awe of what she had just seen and heard. But noting every movement Charlie had done and what her body language was telling her.

Angelo, Ross, Morag and Ruby all stood outside of Charlie's room. All trying to think of what made Charlie turn so quickly.

"Do you think it was me?" Angelo asked "Because I can use the crutches and Charlie can't?"

"No. I'm sure that helped" Ross smiled

"Ruby, did Charlie feel any different when you two were hugging?" Morag asked

"Erm" Ruby began as she wiped a tear from her face "She relied on me more before we pulled apart. It was like she would have fallen if I weren't there"

"What are you thinking?" Angelo asked as he looked to Morag.

Morag shook her head "Morag, please" Ross added

"It's a hunch.." Morag began

Tish helped Charlie into the bed. A routine that was usually filled with conversation was now silent. The smile that was usually on Charlie's face had gone. And the helpfulness Charlie used to give to make it easier getting into bed had gone.

Tish pulled the covers closer to Charlie, stopping them on her stomach.

"So" Tish spoke as she sat in the chair next to Charlie

"What?" Charlie asked coldly

"What's going on with you?" Tish asked

Charlie shrugged her shoulders. "Charlie, come on. I know you. And for the last few days now you've been having doubts in your ability to move both your legs to help you walk. You've progressed so much whilst you were using the bars. You had so much willpower to push yourself and walk. Where has that gone? What's going through your mind?" Tish asked

Charlie looked to her side. "Charlie. I'm here to help. Use me. Talk to me. I can't help if you don't speak"

"It hurts, so much" Charlie cried "Everything. All the time. My leg, my head, my shoulder, my arm. Everything. I can't keep pushing them all away just to walk. I want to, but I can't do it anymore. It hurts too much"

Tish watched as Charlie shook. "And what about at night?" Tish asked

Charlie looked teary eyed at Tish. "I see it happen" Charlie whispered.

"Charlie, why didn't you tell me this before? You can't bottle your feelings up. It never works the way you want it to"

"I was doing fine until Ruby.."

"Until Ruby what?" Tish asked, noticing Charlie stopped herself before she could finish.

Charlie bit her lip. "Before Ruby hugged me".

"And that comfort was what you needed to bring your feelings to the top" Tish finished

"Stupid right" Charlie said as she wiped her face

"Not at all. What you've got to realize is, that you've survived an accident that should've killed you. Just been responsive when you got the the hospital was lucky enough. But to come this far, is, near on a miracle"

"But why have I frozen. Like you said, I was ready for the crutches" Charlie asked.

"You may have been ready for the crutches, but you weren't ready for the realization of nearly fully walking again" Tish answered.

Charlie looked confused. "Its perfectly normal. You just need to talk about what you're feeling to someone. Your sister, your dad, your boyfriend, or your step-mother. Anyone will do"

"What am I supposed to say?" Charlie asked

"What's going through your mind. What your feeling. If you're scared"

"I can't" Charlie replied

"Why not?" Tish asked

"Dad has barely left my side since the lung operation. Ruby wont be able to cope with any more issues, whether they're mine or hers, Morag I can't really burden her, she has dad to be strong for" Charlie replied as she wiped the tears that had fallen to her cheeks

"What about your boyfriend?" Tish asked

"He's not my boyfriend" Charlie replied

"Oh. I just assumed.." Tish cleared her throat. "Well, maybe he'd be your best ear. As he isn't family, you may find it easier to talk to him"

"I think you've managed to help"

"Charlie, I've barely scratched the surface. You have never spoken about the accident, your injuries, your thoughts, your worries"

Charlie covered her face with her hands. "What do I do?" Charlie asked

"I can offer three choices: Keep talking with me as I've been with you throughout your recovery; talk to a hospital counselor about everything, including what we have spoken about now; or speak to Angelo. He seems like he'll listen, and be helpful. And as he isn't family, it may be easier then you think to get through this and continue with your recovery" Tish smiled

Charlie nodded. Tish was right: Charlie had to speak to someone about everything, the issues with her leg, the accident, her frustration. Everything.

"So what are you going to do?" Tish asked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Xavier, Romeo and Nicole walked through the doors of the hospital.

Staff and visitors stared at them as they were still in their uniforms.

"Can I help you?" The man asked at the reception

"Yea, Charlie Buckton. She still in the same room?" Xavier asked

"She a relative?" The man asked

"Erm.." Romeo began

"She's my cousin" Nicole smiled

"Yea, same room" The man replied

"Your cousin?" Xavier asked

"He told us didn't he?" Nicole replied

"Yea, but, last time we just walked straight in and up" Xavier replied

"Maybe they're having to become stricter. Especially where Charlie is concerned" Romeo suggested

"Yea, maybe"Xavier agreed

"So what are you going to say to Ruby?" Romeo asked

"I have no idea. I just miss her" Xavier replied

"Maybe you should take her away from the hospital. She probably needs time away from all of this. It can't be easy for her to see Charlie the way she is everyday. She may appreciate you doing that for her" Nicole replied

"Only one way to find out" Romeo spoke as he pointed to Ruby as she stood outside Charlie's room.

Ruby looked down the corridor. Seeing her friends walk towards her made her smile and -for a short time- forget about what she was thinking.

"Hey. What are you guys doing here?" Ruby asked

"We came to take you from here and give you a chance of scenery." Xavier smiled

"You can come right?" Romeo asked.

Ruby looked back to Ross. Ross nodded, but Ruby shook her head. "I have to be here for Charlie"

"You should go sweetheart. Charlie will understand" Ross smiled

"Ring me when we can go in ok?" Ruby said as she hugged Ross.

"Will do. Have fun" Ross smiled

Tish walked out of the room just as Ruby had walked out of sight with Romeo, Xavier and Nicole.

"Well?" Ross asked

"Angelo, can you go in there and talk with Charlie?" Tish ignored Ross' question

"Erm, sure" Angelo replied as he looked to Ross who was clearly upset.

"I don't understand" Morag said

"Charlie, as I'm sure you've noticed, hasn't spoken about what has happened to her recently. About the accident, and all her injuries."

"No she hasn't. But, I'm sorry, I can't see how that has caused Charlie to act the way she has"

"Anyone who has been through something like Charlie will start to have daydreams or nightmares about what happened. And in Charlie's case, that has happened, but she hasn't spoken to anyone about it, instead she's bottled all that emotion up and today, when she couldn't grasp the crutches, it all got to her. I've asked Angelo to speak to Charlie as it was the option Charlie chose when I suggested she speak to someone about everything. I'm going to suspend Charlie's rehab until her emotional injuries are healed, as it were"

"How long can that take?" Ross asked

"It depends of Charlie and Angelo. The more Charlie can talk to Angelo, the better she will feel. And if Angelo can offer the support that will be needed, her recovery can be within a week" Tish replied

"Thank you" Ross smiled

"You're welcome" Tosh smiled back. "Look, I have to go. And I suggest that you two go as well"

Morag looked to Ross, he looked exhausted.

"Maybe we should go" Morag told him as she took his hand

"I never gave that boy enough credit."

"How do you mean?" Morag asked

"Look how he helped Ruby when she found out Charlie was her mum. And how he help Charlie, and you and me. And now look, he's back in there again helping Charlie"

"Angelo knows you appreciate all he's done" Morag reassured

"How do you know?"

"I've spent time with Angelo. And if anyone can help Charlie, its him"

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Danni, Carina, Charis, Sarah & charlie29. Thank you for the lovely comments :)

Chapter 59

Xavier, Romeo, Nicole and Ruby walked along the beach after they arrived back in the bay. Nicole thought it would be better for Ruby to get away from the sight of the hospital and be able to have a bit of 'normal' in her day for at least a couple of hours.

Ruby took a deep breath of the sea air. And her hair blew in the slight breeze. She smiled when she realized that this was exactly what she needed, and that she was lucky to have friends like she had who were willing to get her away from all the drama at the hospital.

"Hey, guys. Thanks for bringing me here" Ruby smiled as she held her hair back off her face

"You seemed like you needed the distraction" Xavier smiled

"I did. I really did" Ruby smiled.

"So, whats the news on Charlie?" Romeo asked as he kicked the sand up with his feet.

"She was doing really well, and then, something changed. She just gave up this morning. When you guys came to the hospital, Tish, the nurse who's been doing Charlie's rehab sessions, was still in the room talking with her" Ruby replied

"What happened?" Nicole asked

"I don't know. She was fine one minute, and then it was like pain just got the better of her. She collapsed in my arms"

"Oh my god" Nicole replied "Is she ok?"

"She's fine, she was leaning on me in the first place. But I don't know why she just went" Ruby replied

"Look, I know this is gonna sound mean, but, we brought you here, out of the hospital, so you didn't have to worry about Charlie any more. Or at least until you go back" Xavier said

"If you don't want to talk about Charlie, that's fine" Romeo added

"Its not that I don't want to talk about Charlie and everything that has happened, its just, that this is the first time I've been away from the hospital since the accident happened. I need some 'me' time" Ruby replied as she played with her fingers.

"We have to go to school on Saturday" Xavier said, marking the start of a new topic

"Really? Why?" Ruby asked, smiling.

"Because of today" Xavier smiled

"What happened today?" Ruby asked

"We went to Gina's office to ask if we could visit you, and there was this guy who was like 'why are those students leaving' so she said we had to go to school on Saturday to catch up on the work we've missed" Romeo told

"That's something I'm gonna have to do. Catch up with all the work I've missed" Ruby replied sadly

"All the teachers have made notes on all the subjects. And all of them have been really good to us" Nicole smiled

"Really?" Ruby asked

"They all know what happened. So do all the guys at school" Romeo added

"How do they know? We were the only student on the beach" Ruby asked

"They read the article in the paper during a class project. It named all of us" Xavier replied

"Perfect" Ruby said as she put her head in her hands

"Rubes, its good. Now they know why nothing has been said about you having loads of time off. They've all been asking after you" Nicole told Ruby as she placed her arm around Ruby.

The teens stopped. Looking at the building in front of them they saw the very same boat that was on top of Charlie and Angelo just eight weeks ago.

A chill swept passed the teens causing them to hug themselves as the watched the building.

Ruby took a couple of steps forward toward the building. Flashes of that day went through her mind, all her thoughts, all her feelings came rushing back. The grip she had around herself harder, the chill became stronger around her the closer she got to the building.

"Ruby?" Xavier spoke softly, as he was unsure of what Ruby was thinking

"I know why Charlie is how she is" Ruby whipsered to herself, thinking she wasn't heard.

"How is she?" Xavier asked as he put his arm around Ruby.

"It doesn't matter. Look, thank you so much for bringing me away from the hospital. I really needed it" Ruby smiled with tears in her eyes.

"You sure?" Nicole asked, unconvinced of what she heard Ruby say.

Ruby smiled and nodded before heading back up the beach to the bus stop.

Xavier and Romeo carried on walking along the beach to the diner, hoping to grab some more food before going back to school to speak to Gina.

Nicole hung back. She watched as Ruby walked away.

When she saw Ruby walk on to the bus, Nicole began to walk to the diner to meet Romeo and Xavier. She quickly glanced over her shoulder to where she heard the laughter of children.

Something caught her eye.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Morag sat on the seat outside Charlie's room. She watched Ross as he paced the floor in front of the door. He -like Charlie and Ruby- bit his thumb.

"Ross, if you pace any more there'll be a hole in the ground" Morag said to Ross, hoping he would stop as he constant movements were making her sick

"Charlie has given up. I can't stand out here and do nothing" Ross replied as he carried on his pacing

"Walking back and forth isn't going to help Charlie either"

"No. But its helping me" Ross replied "Do you think Angelo can help?" Ross asked as he walked to Morag with plead written in his eyes

"Yes. Look how he's help Ruby through all of this" Morag replied as she took Ross' hand

"He has been wonderful hasn't he? I don't think anyone else would have been this great" Ross smiled "I just hope he gets through to Charlie. She's stubborn you know"

"Oh yes dear. I know" Morag smiled back

Charlie looked to Angelo. Pain on her face and desperation in her eyes.

She hated how she was feeling, and how she had let everyone down. Especially Ruby.

Angelo looked to Charlie. He could see the agony she was in, not just physically, but emotionally too.

"Here" Angelo softly spoke as he opened his arms to Charlie.

Charlie leaned forward and cried as soon as her head hit Angelo's chest.

Saying nothing, Angelo let Charlie cry. He gently swayed side to side and stoked her back to help sooth Charlie as she wept.

"I'm sorry Angelo" Charlie spoke teary voiced

"Hey, you have nothing to be sorry for" Angelo replied, still swaying with Charlie in his arms.

"Yea I do" Charlie replied as she pulled away. "What happened in there.."

"Charlie, you pushed yourself too far. It happens. Don't beat yourself up, there's always tomorrow and the next day. Everyone will be there for you. Morag, Ross, Ruby and me" Angelo smiled. He placed his hands on Charlie's cheeks and wiped the remains of her tears away with his thumbs.

"I can't do it any more" Charlie cried

"Do what?" Angelo asked as he removed his hands from Charlie's face and took her trembling hands

"This" Charlie replied as she hit her leg brace with her hands that she pulled away from Angelo's.

"Charlie, listen to me. You can't let this hold you back. You've come too far to give up now. I know that you hate the brace, but it is helping you. I've seen that. I've seen the change in you over the last few weeks, especially with rehab. Everyone is so proud of you Charlie" Angelo took Charlie's hands "I thought, you were dead when I was pulled out from the boat. You weren't moving or breathing. And all I could think of was, how much I would miss you, how miserable I'd be without you as my partner at work. And when I saw you been pulled out from the boat and saw you breath, I knew that you would fight this until the end. And that's what you are going to do. Tomorrow, Morag, Ross, Ruby, Tish and I are going into that room and watch you move around that room on those crutches. And we will be there when this brace is removed and you are able to walk out of this hospital."

"You really think I can do this?" Charlie asked as she slowly looked up from her and Angelo's hands to Angelo's eyes

"I know you can do this" Angelo smiled

Charlie nodded and quickly looked back down to her hands.

"What's wrong?" Angelo asked

Charlie remained quiet.

"Charlie?" Angelo asked

"How. How, did you stop seeing it?" Charlie quietly asked

"Seeing what?" Angelo asked

"The accident" Charlie answered

"I was more concerned about you, Ruby and Morag and Ross" Charlie looked to the ceiling. "But, knowing that the guys who did this have been found has made it easier for me" Angelo added

"But they haven't been arrested" Charlie said in an asking sort of way.

"No" Angelo shook his head. "Charlie? Are you actually ok?"

Charlie looked to Angelo.

"Charlie?" Angelo said again

Charlie handed Angelo the first and last of her journals she had written.

"What are these?" Angelo asked

"When I saw a counselor after what happened when I was younger, they suggested I write everything I was feeling down." Charlie wiped her face "They said it would be easier to write what I was thinking rather than speak it"

Angelo looked to the journals. Both dated in the 1990's.

After reading the first journal, he had a new insight into why Charlie is the way she is: her protectiveness with Ruby, it was a little bit more that sister/sister.

Angelo looked at the entries in the second journal. He then reached the last page.

"This was dated three days ago" Angelo told Charlie as he read the writing.

"I couldn't talk to anyone. It was when everyone was asleep or had gone home" Charlie replied. She wiped her face from the tears that had fallen.

Stupid. A huge disappointment. Why won't dad Morag and Rubes just be honest with me? That has to be what they're thinking. Walking is so easy to do. Why am I finding it so difficult to do? I'm sick of everything. The brace, the bars, the pins, the constant belittlement from everyone, the pain, the dream, feeling like a failure, like a pathetic excuse.

Angelo couldn't read anymore.

"Charlie" Angelo said as he closed the journal

Charlie looked down in shame. "Don't you ever think that you are a failure. You're not" Angelo said as he took Charlie once again in his arms.

Sarah, Danni, Carina, charlie29. :wub: thank you so much for the comments xx

*Lisa, thanks for the comment on Chapter 58

Chapter 60

The clock ticked slowly. The hands on the clock seemed to take ages to reach all twelve numbers on the face.

Looking once again at the clock, the hands only moved very slightly. "Come on" Nicole said in frustration.

No sooner had she finished speaking, the door opened and Roman walked in with a smile on his face.

"Hey, Nicole" Roman said, surprised to see Nicole at home

"Don't 'hey' me. What's with you and Leah?" Nicole asked as she folded her arms over her stomach

"What?" Roman asked

"You heard." Nicole replied

"Why do you ask?" Roman asked

"I saw you two when I was on the beach. What's going on?" Nicole asked once more

Roman scratched his head. "Are you together?" Nicole asked

"No" Roman replied

"So what's going on? You looked like a couple, happy with each others company"

"We're friends Nicole" Roman replied

"You and Charlie were once like that. Don't lie to me Roman. You promised you wouldn't" Nicole replied with a tear in her eye.

Seeing the tear build-up in his daughters eyes, he spoke "Leah and I have feelings for each other. But, we don't want to commit to anything yet" Roman softly spoke

"Because of who?" Nicole asked "Me?"

"Not only you, but VJ, and Charlie"

"I don't think VJ would really mind. And as for me I think you should wait until you are past all your issues with Angelo"

"I'm past them" Roman replied as he formed a fist with his hand

"No you're not. Look at your hand" Nicole pointed.

Roman placed his other hand over his right. "You can't start another relationship with Leah while you are still annoyed with Angelo. It wont work" Nicole told Roman

"But it feels right"

"Yea, it might feel right. But if you still have a fist every time you say Angelo's name, then you're not ready. Maybe you need to add Angelo to that list of yours. And Ruby"

"Ruby? Why Ruby?" Roman asked

"Charlie needs to know because its her ex with her best friend. Angelo needs to know so he doesn't end up with your fist in his face. And Ruby needs to know because she will be affected too. More so for Charlie's sake. Especially after everything Charlie has been through"

"And what about you? What do you think?" Roman asked as he lowered himself into the seat when he reached it

"It doesn't matter what I think. Although, I thought you and Charlie were in it for the keeps, and she was great. But Leah's great too, so." Nicole replied

"I promise I'll let you know as soon a I know what Leah and I have" Roman told Nicole as he took her hand.

"An actual promise?" Nicole asked

"An actual promise" Roman smiled.

"G'day darl" Irene smiled as Romeo and Xavier walked into the diner

"Hey, Irene" Xavier pathetically replied

"Uh oh. What's the matter" Irene asked, picking up on Xavier's negativity.

"Nothing" Xavier replied

"Like I believe that. What's the problem?" Irene replied

Xavier knew Irene could see right through him. Romeo had the sense to turn around and walk away while he had the chance.

"Well?" Irene asked

"We went to the hospital to see Ruby and get her away for a while"

"Oh yea. How did that go?" Irene asked

"Good, until we saw the place where it happened. The accident. Ruby just stared at it. Then she just walked off, saying something but I couldn't hear what she said"

"Xav, listen. I don't know how Ruby, or Charlie for that matter, are. I haven't seen them. But they wouldn't have been back to the wharf since the accident. Ruby probably just saw everything happen again"

"So it was a bad idea to get Ruby away from the hospital?" Xavier asked, now worried that he caused Ruby to go back a couple of steps.

"No, I think it was the best thing that you could have done. Ruby needed to face the wharf sometime, and it was perfect that it was with her boyfriend, and I'm assuming, her friends"

Xavier nodded. "I just don't know how Ruby is been so strong through all of this"

"I have no idea. But where ever she's getting it from, I hope they don't stop" Irene smiled as she gently stroked Xavier's arm.

Charlie walked confidently out of the water. Water dripping from her long brown hair. The waves breaking at her feet. She glanced over to the man who stood beside her. He too, emerged from the water. A smile appeared over their faces. He stood closer to Charlie and brought her in for a long, passionate kiss. He then placed his hand on her bulging stomach.

Charlie looked down at her stomach and placed her hand on top of his. She smiled when she felt their baby kick.

He and Charlie walked over to where they had layed their towels on the beach. Charlie sat herself down and placed her hand over her right leg. The scars had faded, the pins and bars had gone, the brace was no longer thought about and her injuries never caused her pain.

Charlie pulled away from Angelo's embrace. She wiped the residue of tears from her face.

"Sorry" Charlie sniffed

"Don't be" Angelo replied "Forget about what happened in there today. It never happened, you've slept through today. Today never happened. And tomorrow, go in there, and show everyone that you can do this. Show them that you are able to walk alone, with no help" Angelo smiled

Charlie smiled back. "Today never happened"

"No" Angelo repeated. "Hey, are you ok? For a moment there you kind of went out of it"

Charlie looked to Angelo. She placed her hand on her right leg and then to her stomach. "I can see myself without the brace. I can do this Angelo. And I will. With you right beside me" Charlie replied as she took Angelo's hand with her left. "I want you with me until the end"

Thank you so much for the comments :wub:

I also like the fact that you think its *Angelo* :wink:

*~*This -again- is a loose end tying up sort of thing, I hope its still ok though :unsure: *~*

Chapter 61

I want you with me until the end

Charlie's words echoed thorough his mind. His smile got bigger every time he heard it.

The drive home all he could hear was Charlie's voice, all he could see was Charlie's hand on top of his own.

Angelo smiled once again. He couldn't wait for half past nine tomorrow morning. It was when he would see Charlie again and watch her as she walked with the crutces.

Ruby, after much persuasion from Ross and Morag, left the hospital with them shortly after Angelo left. Charlie had fallen asleep within seconds of her head hitting the pillows and there wasn't mcuh pointof staying.

"This will do you the world of good" Morag said as she pulled into the driveway at her rented house.

"If you say so" Ruby replied

"It will. You need to get out of the hopsital when you can. Staying there isn't healthy" Morag added

"What about Charlie? She's stuck in there 24/7 at the moment. Staring at the same four walls. that can't be healthy" Ruby replied

"Charlie doesn't have a choice, and she's getting better. You on the other hand, are getting worse" Morag tol Ruby as she switched the engine off.

"Please, stop arguing" Ross spoke up

"Were not arguing. Were talking passionately" Morag smiled

Ruby couldn't help but smile at Morag's comment. She could see where Morag was coming from, and if she was honest, Ruby already felt a lot better. But she couldn't help but feel she was rubbing Charlie's face in her abiltiy to leave the hospital whenever she wanted. Ruby looked at the car's clock. Ten hours until Charlie's rehab. Ruby unbuckled herself and got out of the car. Morag unlocked the door and Ruby headed up the stairs to have a shower. After she had had a shower, Ruby got into bed. Her thoughts immediately turned to Charlie.

What Charlie would be thinking every time she looked down at her leg.

If Charlie saw the accident over and over again in her head whenever she closed her eyes.

Ruby stared at the ceiling. She couldn't fall asleep. She was too worried about Charlie, especially since her visit to the wharf where it happened. Two months ago.

A small smile appeared on Ruby's face when she realized that, in two months, Charlie had nearly gained the ability to walk again, unaided. It didn't look like much when you saw Charlie walk, but if you had seen Charlie on her first rehab session, you would know how well she has done. How she has overcome so many things that would have stopped others.

Ross and Morag remained in the front room.

"I can't believe she fell asleep" Ross said

"You can hardly blame her darling. Rehab took it out of her"

"But she didn't do anything" Ross replied

"Charlie did plenty. Ross, don't rush her, she'll do this in her own time" Morag told Ross as she took hold of Ross' trembling hand

"I just want her out of that hospital and back home with her family. She didn't deserve this. Neither did Angelo"

Morag brought Ross into a hug.

Ross had been holding on to a lot of anger. He and Charlie were just alike. They would bottle things up and not tell anyone, they'd hope it would just go away.

"Look, tomorrow we are going to watch Charlie as she walks with the crutches. And you are going to be see that Charlie is a fighter. A bigger one then you give her credit for. You'll see" Morag said as she pulled away from Ross.

Ross looked to the ceiling. "How do you think Ruby's handling this?"

"I have no idea. But, I do think Angelo, Xavier, Romeo and Nicole are helping her"

"Really? How?" Ross asked as he looked to Morag

"Ruby might not talk to us about what she's thinking, but I know she's talking to Angelo. We all are. And her friends, they took her away from the hospital. When we walked in here tonight, you could see the good it did for Ruby"

"Now its just Charlie that needs the help" Ross awkwardly smiled

"Oh, I think she'll be just fine" Morag smiled as she placed her hand once again, on top of Ross'.

"VJ, bedtime" Leah said for the millionth time

"I scored a goal mum. Did you see?" VJ asked as he jumped up and down on his bed, rather then laying in it like Leah asked.

"Yes, I did. It was great" Leah yawned "Now can you please get into bed and go to sleep?"

"Can I play footie again next week?" VJ smiled

"You can ply fottie every week if you just get into bed now and go to sleep" Leah said in desperation.

VJ's eyes widened. Before Leah could change her mind, VJ stopped jumping on the bed and pulled the covers down the bed and climbed in. Saying night to Leah he rolled over and fell asleep.

Leah smiled slyly to herself as she switched the light off in VJ's room. She walked along the corridor to her own room, opened the door and walked over to her bed. Climbing into the freshly changed bed, Leah put her head down on the cushions. Her eyes widened when she realized what she would be doing every weeknight from now on.

Nicole walked out of the kitchen and handed Roman a bottle of water. "I'm off to bed, I'll see you in the morning" Nicole said as she headed for the stairs.

"Yea, night" Roman replied "Hey, Nicole?"

"Yea?" Nicole replied as she stopped on the fourth step

"Thanks for been so understanding" Roman smiled

"It's fine. Just, promise me that you'll tell Charlie and Angelo. And that you'll mean it" Nicole replied

"I said I will so I will. But, I don't think it'll be tomorrow"

"Why not?" Nicole asked as she walked back down the stairs

"Charlie has rehab tomorrow. And I don't think me rocking up saying 'Hey Charlie, how you feeling? Your leg ok? By the way, I'm in love with Leah, your best friend, and would like to start seeing her. Is that going to be ok with you?' is gonna help Charlie's recovery" Roman replied

"Well, you don't tell her like that."

"Well how do I tell her?" Roman asked

"I don't know. Look, I'm really tired, I have loads of work to catch up on tomorrow so, can we finish this conversation later?" Nicole begged

"Sure. Night" Roman replied

~~~~~~~~~~~~

The following morning

Leah walked away form the school after dropping VJ off. He hadn't forgotten what Leah said to him about playing football, and Leah wished he forgot. All he would talk about from the moment he got up to the moment Leah left him was footabll and what he was going to do each week.

Nicole grabbed Roman's toast from his plate and headed out of the door. Xavier and Romeo met her at the bottom of the drive and they walked to school together.

Ruby, Morag and Ross were on their way to the hospital. As was Angelo. Still with the big smiled on his face that was there last night.

"Morning" Angelo smiled

"You're still cheery?" Ruby asked as she looked at Angelo

"I just, have something to be happy about" Angelo replied

"Please, do tell. We could do with a piece of that smile" Morag asked

"Its not for sharing" Angelo replied

Ross and Morag led the way to Charlie's room.

Ruby held back for a moment so she could talk to Angelo

"You've had that smile on your face since last night. What happened?" Ruby asked

"Nothing" Angelo replied

"Something obviously did. Angelo, if its to do with Charlie, please, tell me" Ruby replied

Angelo looked to Ruby. He could see the concern in her eyes. "It was something Charlie said to me after I talked to her about rehab" Angelo began

"What was it?" Ruby asked

"She want's me to be with her until the end"

Ruby stopped. A smile as big as Angelo's appeared on her face "The end of what?"

"I have no idea"

"Maybe she does like you more than you think" Ruby told him

"Yea, maybe" Angelo replied. The smile on his face couldn't get any bigger, but it did try to go bigger.

ashleyjane, Carina, Danni, Lino Thank you for commenting

And thank you for those who read :)

Chapter 62

The diner was busy with business people interested in buying the shed on the wharf where Charlie and Angelo were crushed. Men from the city had arrived to talk to the locals about how they used the shed and if it was a good spot for business.

Irene and Colleen stood in the kitchen watching the men as the spoke so openly about the potential the building had. It may have been only big enough for an office and the boat that crushed Charlie and Angelo, but it was still a starting point for a major attraction.

Leah walked into the diner followed by Roman. They met earlier on the beach to talk about the Charlie/Angelo situation, they'd decided to wait until Charlie was back fully on her feet. And in the mean time, they would be friends. Both were happy with what they had decided, but there was such an attraction between them, they knew it would be difficult for them to keep their hands off each other.

Leah stepped into the kitchen and saw Irene and Colleen spying on the men.

"What's going on?" Leah asked as she looked to Irene and Colleen simultaneously.

"Those blokes. They're talking about the shed on the wharf and how it can be used to boost trade and tourism in the bay" Irene told

"You mean, the wharf where.." Leah began

"The very same" Irene nodded

"I think its disgusting. Poor Charlie is still in the hospital with her injuries, Constable Risotto isn't back at work yet and those hooligans who did this are still out there. They should'nt be doing anything in my eyes" Colleen said as she frowned at one of the men who looked over to the girls.

"They probably don't know what happened though" Roman said as he looked over to Colleen from the counter

"It was all over the news and in the paper" Irene replied "The only way they won't know is if they've had their heads buried in the sand"

The man walked over to Leah, Colleen, Irene and Roman.

Roman stood up properly, as he was leaning on the counter. Colleen raised her eyebrows at the man and took a step backwards. Leah and Irene watched the man's every move.

"Sorry, I couldn't help but over hear. What's this about the wharf been on the news?" The man asked

"Don't you think your research should have told you?" Irene spat.

"Actually our research has shown what potential this little shed has. So anything you can tell me about the shed and the wharf would be really helpful" The man replied smugly "Oh, and the boat that's outside too"

Leah shook her head and walked into the kitchen. His whole manner was rude and obnoxious. Leah didn't want to be around to hear what he would say about what happened.

"Well?" The man asked

"You really have no idea?" Colleen asked

The man shook his head "I suggest you tell me now. Before I sink you little business"

"You know mate? I don't really care what you do to this place. And as for the wharf? I hope it drains you of all your money. Get you things, and get out of this diner" Roman told the man as he got right in his face.

"Big mistake" The man replied as he glared at Roman.

Roman watched as the man left the diner. All the other business men watched too, they'd seen how Roman had layed into him, but they were unsure as to why.

The man threw his takeaway coffee into the bin outside the diner and headed towards the wharf.

He saw a couple of teens from the school looking at the boat. Jenny and Lily -two of the girls- had their hands covering their mouths.

"And they were under that" Kelly said as she pointed to the boat. "No wonder Ruby is hardly at school. I can't believe I was so mean to her. I can't imagine seeing my sister under there"

"Sorry, what was that?" The man asked as he stood behind the girls.

"Who are you?" Lily asked

"I'm Robert Young. I'm interested in purchasing this little patch of wharf" Robert replied as he pointed to the wharf

"Even after what happened?" Lily asked

"What exactly did happen?" Robert asked smugly.

"A couple of months ago, two police officers were trapped under the boat. One of them nearly died and she's still in the hospital" Lily explained

Robert had a smiled form on his face "Did you see what happened?"

"No, but some of our class mates did. They've had so much time off" Lily continued

"I don't suppose you know the names of the officers?" Robert asked

Jenny looked into Robert's eyes. Something was up. Lily was about to answer when "No sorry, we don't. Their names weren't given out. Sorry" Jenny quickly told before walking away with Lily.

Robert wiped his mouth and turned to face the wharf. A grin appeared on his face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jenny and Lily walked up to Nicole as she took things out of her locker.

"We've done something stupid" Jenny said to Nicole

"What?" Nicole asked as she stopped what she was doing

"This guy, Robert I think his name was, asked us what happened to Charlie and Angelo"

"What did you tell him? Wait, why did he want to know?" Nicole asked

"He wants to buy the place."

"Why?"

"Don't know. But, when I told him about the accident, he smiled, and when I said that Charlie nearly died, his smile got a little bit bigger" Lily explained

"You didn't say their names did you?" Nicole asked

"No, I walked Lily away before we said anything else. He looked so evil when he smiled" Jenny replied, shaking her head as her eyes filled with tears.

"Don't worry about it" Nicole said as she took Jenny's hand. "I'm sure he was thinking about what he could do with the place once he's bought it"

"You sure?" Jenny asked

"Yes. I'll see you guys soon" Nicole siad as she took her hand away from Jenny and grabbed her bag.

Nicole grabbed hol of Xavier and Romeo "You're coming with me" Nicole said as she walked them out of the school

"Where are we going now?" Xavier asked

"To the wharf" Nicole said as she walked on

"Why?" Romeo asked

"A jerk thinks what happened to Charlie and Angelo is a great opportunity for a business plan" Nicole replied

"How do you know that?" Romeo asked

"Lily and Jenny have just told me"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Robert walked back into the diner.

"You stupid mate? I told you to leave" Roman said as he walked over to Robert

"So, do you know the names of the officers that were crushed by the boat?" Robert asked with a smug look on his face

"What?" Roman asked

"You heard"

Irene, Colleen and Leah walked over to Roman and Robert.

"How did you..?" Leah asked

"The students at the high school are very helpful. Told me everything. Well, except for the officers names, they told me they didn't give the names of them out, but I'm sure with this been such a small town, you know the officers very well" Robert smiled

"What is it so important that you know their names?" Irene asked as she folded her arms

"Trade. No one wants to take a trip around the little coves Summer Bay has to offer without their been a scandal. If I advertise boat trips to see the coves, not many people will go for it. But, if I advertise that you'd be on the boat that crushed two officers, well, business will boom" Robert smiled

Colleen, Irene and Leah were filled with disgust. Roman found his hand had formed a fist.

Thrusting hos fist forward, Robert fell to the ground with a bloody nose.

"Get out" Roman angrily said to Robert

Robert rose to his feet. "Shouldn't have done that. I'll have you for assault"

"What you gonna do? Go to the officers who are gonna make you money?" Roman replied

Robert shook his head and walked out of the diner.

"Sorry Irene. I know I promised I wouldn't..."

"Shut up. I'm glad you did that. I only wish I did it in the first place"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Standing upright, Charlie swayed slightly.

She grasped the handles on the crutches to balance herself. Her thoughts went straight to the dream she had earlier. No brace and no worries.

Tish closely watched Charlie and the way she was with her right leg. Tish had tried to move the operation up by a couple of days, but the doctors were already busy with other procedures. Tish wanted Charlie to have the operation earlier so that her rehab had session today and tomorrow wouldn't be done with the brace on.

"Charlie, take your time. Today is only about gaining strength in your arms" Tish softly spoke

Charlie nodded.

"Who'd have thought you use your arms to walk?" Angelo laughed, causing a smile to appear on everyone's face. Including Charlie.

Ruby shook her head as she smiled. "What? Well" Angelo replied as he folded his arms over his chest.

Charlie grasped on to the handles of the crutches. Her knuckles went white.

"Right, I need you to stand on your left leg, bringing your right leg up and then using the crutches as your leg" Tish explained.

Charlie nodded.

"Wait" Angelo said. Charlie looked over to Angelo and watched as he, once again, took the duplicate set of crutches and stood next to Charlie.

"You don't get brownie points you know" Charlie smiled

Ross looked at the smile on his daughters face.

Angelo lifted his right leg up and used his arms to take the strain of his weight that his right leg would have done.

"Just like that" Tish pointed

Charlie looked to Ruby. Ruby smiled at her. Charlie smiled back and exhaled one last time.

Raising her right leg up, Charlie instantly felt her left leg take her full weight. Before she lost her balance, Charlie pushed down on the crutches. She felt her body become more controllable.

"That's it Charlie" Tish praised

Charlie smiled as she realized what she had done. "I've done it"

"Well done darling" Ross smiled

Charlie looked around to her father. She smiled at him like she did when she was a young child. Ross' heart jumped.

"Charlie" Ruby smiled

Charlie looked to Ruby. The smile that Charlie had seen on Ruby's face made her more determined to get to that dream. To get to the point of no brace. Of no scars. "Ruby" Charlie smiled

Carina, Danni, Charis (lol at posting again, made me chuckle), Sarah, lino & charlie29 thank you for the lovely comments :wub:

Sam, sorry to hear about your granddad. But thank you for taking the time to read and comment xx

I hope this chapter is ok, I'm not to sure :unsure:

Chapter 63

After the last of the business men walked out of the diner, Leah rushed behind them and locked the doors. Colleen and Roman quickly gathered all the rubbish and pots from the table where they had been and Irene picked all the chairs up and turned them over on to the tables.

Roman want into the kitchen and grabbed the mop and bucket. He poured boiling water into the bucket followed by the bleach. Colleen quickly swept the floor as Roman followed behind moping. Leah and Irene quickly loaded the pots into the dishwasher and put all the dishes and utensils away.

Removing there aprons and placing them in the cupboard next to the fridge, they walked out of the diner and along the top part of the beach. Alf came walking over to them, looking annoyed.

"What the flamin' hell is going on?" Alf asked Roman as he got in his face

"What? Why?" Irene asked, pulling Alf away from Roman

"A bloke has just walked into surf club with a bloody nose. Says Roman here punched him" Alf replied, pointing at Roman

"He deserved it!" Roman defended himself

"He did Alf, you should have seen him" Colleen added as she placed her hand on Alf's outstretched arm

"What did he do? He's a business man looking to set up a new business. There's no harm in that" Alf asked as he lowered his arm

"Really. What exactly did he tell you?" Leah asked

"That his looking for something just like the shed and the boat to attract people to the bay so he can show them around" Alf replied "I think it will help trade"

"Did he tell you anything else?" Irene asked

"Yea, that some bloke punched him for no reason." Alf added, looking to Roman who rolled his eyes and shook his head.

"Alf, that bloke, is going to use what happened to Charlie and Angelo to advertise" Irene told him.

Alf gasped. "No, he won't do that"

"He told us that if he advertises trips out on the boat, he'll get little trade, however, if he mentions that its the boat that crushed two police officers, he said business would boom" Colleen told her brother, feeling sick as she told him

"Flamin' mongrel" Alf replied "Good on ya mate" Alf told Roman as he shook his hand. "He, doesn't know the name yet does he?" Alf asked

"Not yet. But he did ask some of the school kids" Irene replied

"Oh what are we going to do?" Colleen cried

"Calm down Colleen, we'll sort it" Alf replied

"I'll go to the station, better to tell them what happened rather than Robert saying" Roman said as he turned to walk to the car park

"I'm gonna go to the hospital. Give Morag a heads up on what's been going on" Leah sad.

"I'll come with you. Moral support" Irene said as she placed her hand on Leah's shoulder

"Good. And Colleen? Can you give me a hand at the surf club? Marilyn asked for a day off, her and Sid are going away fro the day" Alf said to Colleen

"Yes of course" Colleen smiled.

Roman walked into the station. Officers were practically running around holding papers and files.

"Can I help you?" Georgina asked as she checked something on the computer

"Yea, erm, some guy might come in here and have me for assault" Roman told Georgina as he leaned against the top

"No one has come in and reported anything. If you write what happened on this paper, I'll take a look when I can and see what I can do" Georgina said as she handed the paper to Roman without taking her eyes off the screen.

"Busy then" Roman smiled

"Five officers are on holiday, we have one out of action, and one not due until next week. Busy doesn't come close" Georgina snapped

"Sorry" Roman replied as he began to write on the paper

"Watson. Arrests have been made of two men and a woman. We're getting the reports through in about five" Tom shouted from the phone.

Roman's ears pricked up.

"At least somethings going right" Georgina muttered to herself "Right, thanks"

Leah and Irene walked along the corridors. Irene had to follow Leah as she wasn't sure of where she was going. A fact that she couldn't believe. For the last couple of weeks she has wanted to come and visit Charlie, but with everything going on with Roman and with Leah having time off to be with VJ, Irene couldn't find the time. So, in a way, Irene was glad she had an excuse to close the diner and visit Charlie. She wished the circumstances were different, but, she couldn't change anything.

"You ok?" Leah asked

"I just can't believe the time I come to visit Charlie is to tell her about Robert" Irene replied

"I'll tell Morag, you go see Charlie"

"Tell Morag what?" Morag asked as she walked up to Leah and Irene

Leah and Irene looked forward. Whilst they were talking, they didn't realize they had reached Charlie's room.

"Morag" Irene smiled

"Hello Irene" Morag smiled back.

"Where's Charlie?" Irene asked

"She's in there" Morag pointed "She's just finished rehab, so she's a little tired"

"Thanks" Irene smiled as she walked towards the door.

"Something you want to tell me?" Morag asked Leah

Leah nodded.

"Come on, I'll get you a coffee" Morag replied as she put her arm around Leah's shoulders.

"Hey darl'" Irene smiled as she walked into Charlie's room

"Irene" Charlie pushed herself up the bed to the sitting up position.

"Charlie" Irene sobbed

"Hey" Charlie said a she gave Irene a hug "What's this for?"

"I feel terrible. I haven't seen you since the day of the accident"

"So?" Charlie replied as Irene pulled back

"I should have come sooner. I've been saying for the last week or so that I'd come to see you"

"Well, you're here now, so" Charlie smiled

"Anyway, how you doing missy?" Irene asked as she sat on the edge of the bed

"I'm good considering" Charlie smiled "Rehab is really helping"

"Yea, Morag said you'd done rehab today"

"Where is Morag?" Charlie asked as she looked to the door

"With Leah. Leah needed to talk to her about something" Irene replied

"Oh, ok" Charlie replied

"Did you want her or something?" Irene asked

"No, no. I'm just glad she has someone else to talk to"

"Why do you say that" Irene asked

"She only has dad, Rubes, Angelo and me to talk to, and there's only so much you can say to us" Charlie replied

"Where are they anyway?"

"Dad took Ruby and Angelo to get some food from the canteen" Charlie replied

"How's Ruby coping with all this?" Irene asked

"Ok. Well, a lot better now than when the accident first happened" Charlie replied, not wanting to go into full details of what had happened over the last two months

"Xavier was worried about her the other day. You know, when they got her away from the hospital"

"Yea, Ruby talked to me about that" Charlie replied

"Good" Irene smiled.

Charlie noticed Irene looking at the brace through the corner of her eye.

"Irene, you can ask me about it you know" Charlie said

"About what?" Irene asked as she jumped

"About the brace. I don't mind"

"Sorry, I shouldn't have looked"

"Its fine" Charlie smiled awkwardly

"So, what are you doing in rehab?"

"Learning how to use the crutches. I couldn't use them when I broke my foot, so there's no way I can use them now" Charlie laughed

"Yea, they're a real pain in the backside. Good for hitting people with but a pain to use" Irene smiled

"Angelo's been helpful with them" Charlie said

"How?" Irene asked

"He's been using them alongside me. Showing me how to use them. Its sweet really" Charlie smiled.

Irene noticed the change in Charlie when she mentioned his name. "Sweet?" Irene smiled

"Yea, sweet" Charlie replied

Tish walked into the room.

"Hi Charlie" Tish said as she looked at her notes. "I've spoken with the..Oh, I'm sorry, I thought you were alone" Tish stopped speaking when she saw Irene

"Its fine. Who've you spoken to?" Charlie asked

Irene looked to Tish and then to Charlie, who gave her a smile indicating it was ok for her to stay in the room.

"I've spoken to the surgeon. He's had a cancellation later this afternoon and he's able to fit you in for the operation. Now, he is able to do the operation as long as you are"

Charlie smiled. "What operation is this?" Irene asked

"Erm, to get the brace removed" Charlie answered

Irene looked confused. "This" Charlie smiled as she pointed to the black frame that went around her leg

"Oh, right" Irene replied

"What time?" Charlie asked

"Five thirty" Tish replied

Charlie looked to Irene's watch 2:35. "Three hours?" Charlie replied

"Yes. So is that a yes from you?" Tish asked

Thank you for the comments! :)

Chapter 64

Morag sat back in her chair. Leah covered her mouth, to stop herself from crying.

"He said that?" Morag asked, still in disbelief.

"Yea. I just can't believe there are people out there who are willing to use other people's pain for their own personal gain, its sick. He smiled when he found out that Charlie was close to death" Leah replied "And then Roman punched him when he saw the smirk on his face."

"Well, I don't blame Roman. Poor Charlie. This is the last thing she needs right now" said Morag, shaking her head

"Well, I thought I'd better tell you before it ends up on the news or in the papers. I have no idea how Charlie will handle this" Leah replied

Morag thought for a moment. Her protective instincts kicked in once again. Although Charlie wasn't her daughter, she had grown to love Charlie as one, as as her 'mother' she felt it her job to look out for and protect Charlie. "Leave it with me. I'll sort it" Morag finally answered as she placed her hand on Leah's leg.

"Where are you going?" Leah asked as Morag rose to her feet

"Out" Morag replied

Ross, Ruby and Angelo sat at the window in the canteen.

Ruby was at ease, as was Ross, but Angelo felt uncomfortable. He felt Ross' eyes looking at him, staring, making a judgment.

"Angelo" Ross slowly asked

"Yes sir?" Angelo quickly replied upon hearing his name

Ruby laughed when she saw Angelo's scared face

"I want to ask you something, and I want a truthful answer. No lying or dodging. Just the truth" Ross said

"The truth" Angelo rose his hand

"Ruby, could you go see how long the car has left?" Ross asked as he looked at Ruby

Ruby looked disappointed. "Fine"

Ross watched as Ruby walked away. Angelo did to, but helplessly, he wanted her back as he thought Ross was going to shout at him.

"Its about Charlie" Ross smiled

Angelo looked to Ross. He couldn't help but smile when he heard Charlie's name mentioned. "What about her?" Angelo smoothly asked

"I know you like her"

"She's a friend" Angelo replied

"I said no lying" Ross smiled. Angelo nodded his head. "And I'm not the only one who has noticed. Morag and Ruby both have too. And I just want to know, what it is about her you like" Ross asked as he folded his arms over his stomach and sat back in his chair.

Angelo sat and thought for a while. Remembering all the reasons he liked Charlie, loved her even.

Ross saw Angelo struggling to find the words. "You don't have to answer. I've seen how you've been ever since the accident. Ever since the truth about Ruby came out. You've never once been threatened by any of it. Not many people would be able to do that. It's obvious you love her Angelo, and, if it makes anything easier for you, you have my blessing to be with my daughter" Ross smiled

Tish reentered the room after been called away. Irene held Charlie's hand as she spoke to her about things that were going on in the bay.

"Charlie?" Tish softly spoke

Charlie looked to Tish, Irene turned her head.

"The doctor got his appointments wrong. His next available one is at three, not half past five. I know ten minutes isn't long to think about the operation, but its either now or wait until later" Tish added

"What would you recommend?" Charlie asked Tish

"Well, it would help massively if you had the brace removed now. You'd be one week ahead of yourself and it will make walking so much easier for you" Tish replied

Charlie looked to Irene. A smiled appeared on her face. "What do you think?" Charlie asked

"Me?" Irene asked as she placed her hand on her chest. Charlie nodded. "I'd do it. From what you've said, you'll be glad to see the back of it. Figuratively and literally" Irene smiled

"Now" Charlie smiled.

"Are you sure?" Tish asked

"Yea. I have to get this off now. If I don't do it now, them I don't think I ever will" Charlie replied

Ruby returned to the canteen to find Ross and Angelo laughing.

"What's so funny?" Ruby asked as she sat down.

"Ross was just telling me about the time you and Charlie had a mud fight" Angelo smiled

"Ha, I remember that. Charlie was, twenty one it think, and she had a really bad day at work. And she came outside to see me and I was making mud pies, Charlie grabbed one and wiped her hand on my face" Ruby smiled

"And ten minutes later we couldn't see either of you" Ross smiled

"Sounds like it was a lot of fun" Angelo replied

"Yea, it was. Until mum told us off. But Charlie stuck up for me. I guess it makes sense now" Ruby replied

"Nothing will ever change Ruby, you know that right?" Ross said as he took Ruby's hand

"I know. But..."

"What are other people gonna think or make of it" Angelo added

"I'm sure they'll understand. And besides, no one needs to know until you and Charlie are ready" Ross smiled

"Speaking of Charlie, should we go back to see her?" Ruby suggested.

Ross looked to his watch. "Yea, visiting hours are nearly over"

"Ross, we've stayed all night before" Angelo replied

"Didn't I tell you?" Ruby and Angelo shook their heads. "Because Charlie is no longer in any immediate danger, usual visiting hours now apply to us" Ross replied

"That sucks" Ruby replied

"What? That Charlie isn't in immediate danger?" Angelo asked

"No, that we can't stay any longer than three. That means I have to go back to school"

Leah joined Ross, Ruby and Angelo as they headed back to Charlie's room.

"Leah? What are you doing here?" Ruby asked

"I needed to talk to Morag, who's left by the way to do something, and Irene wanted to see Charlie. Irene should be in there now" Leah replied

"Talk about what?" Angelo asked

"Doesn't matter" Leah answered, tears in her eyes

"Leah? Yes it does" Angelo replied, noticing the tears in her eyes.

Ross and Ruby held back.

"Leah, if its about Charlie, please, tell us" Ross asked

"The accident, and what nearly happened to Charlie has interested some business men and they're planning on using that to gain more trade to the bay" Leah answered

"Who would be that sick?" Ruby cried

"I have no idea. Roman punched the guy who told us and Morag is going to sort it all out, I think" Leah replied

"Roman? He punched the guy?" Angelo asked

Leah nodded. "So, that's why I'm here. I know I should have checked with you, but" Leah began

"No, coming here was the best thing you could have done" Angelo replied as he hugged Leah.

Irene walked out of the room. A tear rolled down her face. Her eyes were puffy and red.

"Irene?" Ruby asked

Just then, Charlie was wheeled out of the room. She looked as though she was asleep. Machines beeped as she was wheeled down the corridor, away from the group.

"Charlie?" Ross cried

"Charlie!" Ruby sobbed

Irene grabbed Ruby before she ran down the corridor. In Irene's arms, Ruby began to cry.

Angelo watched as Charlie was wheeled down the corridor.

He noticed the signs.

MORGUE------------------>

THEATER------------------>

ICU <------------------------

MATERNITY <----------------

No, she's not dead. She can't be

Thank you so much for the comments :D They really keep me going :) xx

Charlie is mentioned, but not in this chapter. Hope that's ok

Chapter 65

Charlie was wheeled out of sight. Heading to the right.

Ruby continued to cry in Irene's arms. Ross, Morag, and Leah were unsure of what to make of the situation and Angelo shook his head in disbelief.

"What went on in there?" Angelo asked Irene

Irene looked to Angelo "I don't have my watch, what time is it?" Irene calmly asked

"Charlie's been wheeled to the morgue, and all you can ask is What time is it?" Angelo asked

"Keep your pants on Angelo" Irene replied.

"Its ten past three" Angelo replied "Why?" Angelo asked

"Charlie did want to talk to you all, but, you weren't here"

"Talk to us about what?" Ruby asked as she pulled away from Irene. Leaving black mascara marks over Irene's top.

"The operation for her brace has been moved up a couple of days" Irene smiled

"So, she's getting the brace removed?" Ruby happily asked

"Yes, what did you think?" Irene asked. Ross, Morag, Angelo and Ruby looked to the ground "Oh my god. You thought she was dead?"

"It wouldn't be the first time" Ross blurted out without realizing.

"What?" Leah asked

Ross closed his eyes when he realized he shouldn't have said that.

Ruby sighed. "A couple of weeks ago Charlie stopped breathing and basically died. She did have an operation to fix the problem, and we were told that that would work. But seeing that, it was like we were back there" Ruby replied

"Can Charlie go through anymore? Poor girl" Irene replied as she realized her own shock.

"I think we should talk to Charlie". Leah told Roman. Roman nodded in understanding. He could see where Leah was coming from, after all, he was Charlie's ex and Leah is Charlie's best friend. Things could be weird between them. But also, saying that, Charlie and Leah had a very close relationship. Something like this shouldn't effect that. Surely.

Roman was interrupted from his thoughts by Colleen rushing over to him.

"Oh my giddy aunt. Are you ok? How did things go at the police station?"

"Its fine Colleen. I've sorted it" Roman replied, half telling the truth and half covering up

"Oh, good. At least that's one less thing to worry about" Colleen smiled

"Why? What else is there?" Roman asked

"That man, Robert? He's in the surf club now talking to the locals about his business plan. Alf has already thrown him out twice. But he's very persistent" Colleen explained

Roman practically marched over to the surf club.

"Roman! Don't do anything else stupid!" Morag called out just as Roman was about to step foot in.

"How did?" Roman asked

"Leah came to the hospital and told me about Robert and his plans, and what you did" Morag replied as she caught up with Roman.

Colleen caught up also, but she breathed heavily, trying to catch her breath.

"Its sick if you ask me" Colleen added, in between breaths

"What are you going to do?" Roman asked

"Talk to the man" Morag replied as she rolled her sleeves up and enter the surf club.

"Stone the flamin' crows!" Alf said as he saw Morag

"Hello Alfred" Morag smiled

"How's Charlie doing?" Alf asked, knowing he hadn't seen -or heard any thing about- Charlie.

"She's good. Well, she will be, if this business proposition doesn't go ahead" Morag replied

Robert turned around. The blood was gone, but you could tell he'd been hit. His nose began to go blue as the bruising came out.

"Are you an investor?" Robert asked Morag as he walked over to her

"Why do you ask?" Morag asked

"Well, my good friend here has followed you in. Probably ready to give you a bashing like he did me" Robert replied as he placed his hand on Roman's shoulder.

"Yes, I am. And I would like to know how far you will be taking this business, and what advertisement you will be using" Morag asked

"Step into my office" Robert smiled as he showed Morag to a table.

Roman walked to Alf.

"What's she playing at?" Roman asked

"Leave her be. Give her five minutes and that guy will be out of here on his backside" Alf replied

"Mum". It doesn't sound so strange saying it. "Mum". But then look who I'm saying it to. A thirty year old woman. A woman who has been known as my sister for, ever. What will people say? Will they understand why Charlie was my sister and not my mum? What will happen to our relationship? Is it still going to be the same? Are we going to be close as mother/daughter as we were sister/sister? I should have talked to Charlie before the operation. Before her rehab. I need to get things sorted in my head. I hate feeling like this. But what's she thinking? Maybe the same. If she is, then maybe we could help each other. What time is it? Three forty-five. Half an hour to go and then I can see her. And maybe talk to her. Just me and her.

Lillies or Roses? Which does she like best? Felicity or Paige? Tom or Cole?. Kids? Oh my god, do I want kids? Yes I do. Never thought I would, especially after my kid brothers. But if they're with Charlie, then, yes. Does Charlie want any? Well, she has one, maybe I can persuade her. Will Ruby accept me into her and Charlie's life? I know Ross has, but will Ruby?

Why am I thinking this? Charlie is having yet another operation and all I can think is the future. What about now? What about when Charlie is able to look at her leg and see leg, not a brace?. Ok, reality check. Charlie doesn't have any idea that you love her. Only Ross does. And maybe Ruby. But that's it, oh wait, there's Morag. How come they know and Charlie doesn't? Ok, when she wakes up, I'm talking to her. Seriously

Ross stood watching the world go by. He was happy to see Leah and Irene with Ruby and Angelo. It made a nice change. But it would be nicer if the surroundings weren't a hospital.

"How are you coping?" Irene asked as she sat down next to Ross.

"I'm ok" Ross replied as he lowered himself into the empty seat next to Irene.

"Really?" Irene asked, not convinced that Ross was been truthful

"I am, surprisingly. My daughter is finally getting that brace off, so she can walk, and Angelo says they've found the people who did this to Charlie." Ross smiled

"When did they find them?" Irene asked

"Last week I think. No arrests though, which is a shame. But at least they've been found. Can't ask for anything better than that"

"No" Irene smiled. "Look, I know everyone in town has been asking about Charlie, sending her best wishes. And to all of ya actually. We hardly see you anymore"

"Things have just gone on" Ross replied

"Yea, I gathered" Irene replied, causing Ross to laugh at his own comment. "But, at least Charlie is making some progress. That's good right?" Irene smiled

"Yea. But it'd be better if none of this had actually happened" Ross replied.

"Well no, but, if you ask me, I reckon Charlie is the only person who could pull through something like this. She's so strong and full of life, that, she's bound to come out of this. If it was anyone else, I think they'd have given up the ghost ages ago" said Irene as she took Ross' hand

"Thank you Irene" Ross smiled

"For what?"

"For been here. It doesn't seem like much, but it helps that you are here"

DR. Armstrong to X-ray please the voice call said

Rachel sighed as she glanced at the clock. It was her finish time after a tiring double shift.

"Ah, Rachel. Thank you for coming here" The nurse said as she looked to an exhausted Rachel

"No problem" Rachel lied

"We thought you'd want to deliver this to Charlie Buckton. Its the latest x-ray on her leg"

"Is it good?" Rachel asked as she placed the sheet over the back light.

"What do you think?" The nurse asked

Thank you for the comments :)

I hope this chapter is ok, I'm not too keen.... :unsure:

Chapter 66

Silence. Nothing was heard. Not even breathing.

Sight. Things were seen. But one thing wasn't.

Smiles. Were all over their faces. Nothing else.

Eyes. Five pairs of eyes looked to the beauty who was asleep in the crisp white bed. Her eyes shut as she slept off the anesthetic from her operation.

Patience. Was needed, but none of them had it. Ross, Ruby, Angelo, Leah and Irene all wanted Charlie to wake up.

"I want her to wake up now" Ruby impatiently said as she stamped her foot on the ground. Causing Angelo to laugh slightly at Ruby's little tantrum.

"She will" Ross smiled

"Yea, but when? I want to see if the brace has gone. I want her to to walk again." Ruby replied

"Give her chance to wake up first love" Irene smiled

Ross looked around the room with a slight frown on his forehead.

"Ross? You ok?" Angelo asked, noticing Ross' expression

"Where's Morag? I thought she was with you" Ross said to Leah.

Leah nodded at Ross. She was unsure whether to tell them about Robert and where Morag had really gone. "She was, but, she got a call from Alf, he needed to see her about something" Leah lied

"Oh. Ok" Ross smiled

Charlie had woken from her sleep about half an hour ago.

Leah and Irene left soon after, allowing Ross, Ruby and Angelo to sit and be with her.

"How you feeling darling?" Ross asked as he held on tightly to Charlie's hand.

"Good" Charlie smiled. "I'm glad I went for the operation today"

"Well, its lucky for us that Irene was in with you" Ross told her

"Why?" Charlie asked confused.

"We were just about to come into the room when you were wheeled out, and because no of us were with you, we thought you were... that you.... that..." Angelo tried to say

Charlie laughed slightly. "I know over the past few days I've seemed like I'd given up on everything, but, that was stupid. If I did give up, I'd be letting the accident win. And, I couldn't do that. Not without a fight"

"So, what are you going to do differently?" Ruby asked

"Well, the brace is off, but I still have a broken bone, but there are a few pins and bars in my leg. So, I guess, maybe walking a little easier, not having the extra weight of the brace weighing me down"

"So its off. As in, no more brace?" Ruby smiled

"As in I can cross my legs and sit like a woman again" Charlie smiled

"Didn't need to know that sweetheart" Ross replied

"Sorry dad"

"Don't be. I'm glad things are finally looking up for you" Ross smiled as he leaned over Charlie to kiss her forehead.

Rachel looked at the x-ray that was in front of her. She was unsure of what to make of it.

"You sure this is Charlie's?" Rachel asked as she pointed to the x-ray

"Charlie Buckton. Says right here" The nurse said as she pointed to the name on the front of the file it came in "Why do you ask?"

"Look here" Rachel said as she pointed to to the top of the thigh bone.

"What is it?" The nurse quizzed

Rachel exhaled softly "It looks like an old injury"

"What kind of injury?"

"I've only ever seen that type of pelvic injury on a woman who has had a child. Charlie has no children, so, I think this could be the wrong one"

"I'm positive that is Charlie Buckton's x-ray. It was taken before and after her operation this afternoon. I followed through on everything myself" The nurse explained

"I'm not doubting that. Its just, I don't want to tell Charlie about what these x-rays show and it not be her results" Rachel replied

"So, what are you going to do? We can't give Charlie another x-ray for ten days"

"I'm fully aware of that" Rachel replied "I'll just have to ask about any injuries she may have had to her pelvis. And if she confirms that she has had an injury, then I can tell her. If not, then we'll have to wait ten days"

Rachel made her way up to Charlie's room holding the x-ray that could be Charlie's. She battled her thoughts. Wondering if there was a mix up with the x-rays. Hoping there was, because, if the x-rays were Charlie's, then Rachel would have to ask about the pelvic injury, and she was sure Charlie wouldn't want to talk about it.

Rachel reached the door she needed. Preparing herself for the conversation she was about to have, Rachel exhaled quickly and knocked on the door. She walked in when she heard a call allowing her in.

"Hi Charlie, how you feeling?" Rachel asked as she smiled.

"Good. So much better now I have the brace off" Charlie replied.

"What's that?" Ruby asked as she pointed to the file in Rachel's hand.

Rachel looked to the file in her hand. She brought it closer to herself as she hid the name.

"Are they the x-rays?" Charlie asked.

Rachel nodded. "Could I speak to Charlie on her own please" Rachel said as she looked to Ross, Ruby and Angelo simultaneously

Ruby, Ross and Angelo made there way out of the room. Once again, they made their way to the seats they had grown attached to over the last couple of months.

Rachel walked up to the side of Charlie. She sat down in the seat next to her and sighed.

"Rach? What's the problem?" Charlie asked worried

"I have to ask you something before I can show you the x-rays" Rachel began

"Why?" Chalrie asked

"I've seen something on them that has me doubting that they're your results. If you are able to confirm what I'm thinking, then I can either show you them or arrange for more x-rays to be done" Rachel continuted

"Ask away" Charlie replied. Half knowing what Rachel was going to ask/tell her

"Have you had any damage to your pelvis before? Like a car accident or something?" Rachel asked

"No" Charlie replied

"Right" Rachel replied. She scratched her head.

"You've seen the crack, haven't you" Charlie asked

Rachel nodded. "Its nothing. It's never bothered me, doctors back in the city were happy with the way that it healed, even though there is a huge gap" Charlie replied

"Can you remember how you did it?"

"Why?" Charlie asked

"I've only ever seen this type of pelvic crack in a woman who has had a child" Rachel replied.

Charlie looked down at the bed.

"Charlie?" Rachel asked "Is that how you got the crack?"

Charlie nodded. "So, what do they show?" Charlie asked, changing the subject.

Rachel paused for a moment. She's found something out about her friend that she never knew. Charlie had a child.

"Erm" Rachel began "The brace has helped significantly, the bones have fused back together perfectly. The bars and pins will have to stay in for at least another five to six months to help strengthen the bone. That and rehab, and there's no doubt you'll reach a full recovery"

"That's good right?" Charlie asked

"Yea" Rachel smiled "Why do you ask?"

"Because of the look on your face" Charlie replied

"Oh" Rachel replied as she tried to cover her expression.

Charlie knew what Rachel was thinking. "I was very young when it happened. My pelvis was very small" Charlie said

"Charlie you don't have to tell me" Rachel butted in

"I may as well. Something like this can't be kept secret for much longer anyway" Charlie added

"Look, Ross, Ruby and Angelo are waiting outside. Talk to them before me. You know where I am if you need me" Rachel smiled

"Thanks" Charlie smiled back.

Leah and Morag arrived back into town. Both happy with the fact that they had seen for themselves how well Charlie was doing. But in doing so, they'd forgotten about Robert.

Roman stood near the door of Noah's, watching Morag as she spoke to Robert.

"Hey, what's going on?" Leah asked as she stood beside Roman.

"Hey. Morag's just talking to Robert about the business thing. So far, they've laughed, had six drinks, three bags of peanuts and written on four pieces of paper" Roman replied

"So it going good then" Irene said

"Anyway" Roman said, taking his mind away from what was going on "How's Charlie and everyone?"

"They're good. It was great to see them. Actually, Charlie had the brace taken off this arvo, so that should make rehab easier" Irene replied

"Good. I'm glad" Roman smiled.

"I'm not backing down Morag. I see this as an amazing profit maker" Robert said for the millionth time

"Using someone else's pain and suffering for your own greed?" Morag asked

"It's not greed"

"So what will you do with the money you'll make? Give it to charity?"

"No, it'll be my money from my business"

"So nothing I say will change your mind?"

"Nope" Robert smiled

"Ok. I've been as nice as I care to be. Maybe I should tell you who I am. I'm a judge. And the two people who were injured are police officers. There is enough evidence here for me and the two officer to place heavy charges on you. And considering I'll be the judge at the case, I wont be giving out the minimum jail sentence. I'll be giving the full twenty years"

"Twenty years?" Robert asked slightly worried

"Maybe more, depending on how the officers and their families take to the news of what you are planning to do" Morag replied

"How many more?"Robert asked, gulping

"Maximum of six."

"You know what? I'm from the city. I suit the city. These small coastal towns aren't for me." Robert replied as he quickly gathered his things together.

Morag smiled as she watched Robert run out of Noah's. Alf, Irene, Leah, Colleen and Roman all smiled when Robert passed them on the way out.

"What did you say to him?" Leah asked

"I lied. Told him he'd face twenty six years in jail if Charlie and Angelo pressed charges on him" Morag smiled

"Could they have pressed charges?" Leah asked

"Yes and no. They could have sued him for emotional stress and he would have had to pay about £10,000 in compensation" Morag replied

"So no jail time?" Irene asked

"26 hours until the cheque cleared" Morag replied

"Morag Bellingham" Colleen smiled "Well done"

"Why didn't we think of that?" Roman asked

"Look, I hate to do this, but, I'd best be getting back to the hospital" Morag smiled

"Yea, ok. Give her our love wont ya" Alf said

"I'm thinking, no" Nicole said to Xavier as he held a shirt over his top

"Why?" Xavier asked

"Because it doesn't bring out the color of your eyes" Romeo mocked

"Shut up, I don't sound like that" Nicole cried as she hit Romeo.

"Look, I don't get what the big deal is. You're just asking Ruby out an a date. Its not like you haven't do that before" Romeo said

"Yea, but this time, it different" Xavier replied

"Different how?" Nicole asked

"I don't know. But, when we went to the beach with Ruby, something was up"

"It was the first time she'd seen the boat after what happened to Charlie. Obviously something would be up" Nicole replied

"I don't think it was that. I think there's something else"

"Like what?" Romeo asked "Because, if you two do start going out again, she'll tell you everything and need you there for her"

Xavier looked to Romeo. "With all this stuff with Charlie and what happened there" Nicole finished, seeing how confused he was looking

"So you think I shouldn't ask her out again?" Xavier asked

"Its up to you"

"Yea, but are you ready to be there for her 100% when she confines in you about everything that has happened in the last few weeks?"

Thank you so much Danni, Sam (Hope ur better), Sarah, Carina, Charis & Scotcaz22. :):wub:

Chapter 67

Rachel walked away from the hospital. Happy in knowing she had the next three days off in which she could spend it with her husband and young son. Getting into her car, Rachel put her bag on the passenger seat and switched the engine on. She sat, not doing anything afterward, instead she thought of the x-ray and what Charlie was going to tell her before she cut her off, telling her that she didn't have to tell if she didn't want to. It plagued her. Rachel had always prided herself of the fact that she could be spoken to about anything from her patients, even if they were her friends outside of the hospital walls. Rachel thought about going back in and asking Charlie about the crack, but then she thought about Harry and Tony, and how she hadn't seen them since early yesterday morning. Rachel put her seat belt on and and drove away from the hospital. Still thinking about what Charlie was going to tell her.

"Hey Rach" Tony smiled as Rachel walked into the house

"Hey" Rachel smiled back as she walked over to Tony, who placed his arms around her and kissed her softly on the forehead

"How was work?" Tony asked

"Busy" Rachel replied "I would have been home earlier, but Charlie's x-ray results came through and Diane thought I should be the one to tell Charlie what they said" Rachel replied as she took a glass from the cupboard and made her way to the fridge

"And what did they say?" Tony asked, fully aware that Rachel couldn't tell him, but he felt awful in not going to the hospital and seeing Charlie. All he knew about how Charlie was doing was from Morag when ever she left the hospital, which was a very rare occasion, and from Xavier, but he wasn't too helpful as he was worried about what Ruby would say when he asked her out.

"Erm, they were good" Rachel began to say as she poured herself a drink

"Really?" Tony asked, shocked that Rachel was about to tell her something she shouldn't really be telling

"Yea, but there was just one thing that seemed odd. But when I asked Charlie about it, she didn't deny having it and she was going to tell me how she got it" Rachel continued

"Like what?" Tony asked

"Something came up on the results, something that I wouldn't have expected to see on Charlie's x-ray" Rachel stopped herself from continuing when she realized she was talking to Tony "Anyway, how was your day?"

"Yea, good. Harry and I went to see Alf about a fishing trip next week" Tony began to say, but Rachel wasn't listening. Tony smiled when he saw the look on Rachel's face as she tried to figure out something. "Rach?" Tony said, but Rachel didn't answer. "I pushed Harry down four flights of stairs and then Xavier took him swimming and Harry swam thirty lengths" Tony smiled

"That was nice" Rachel replied, unaware of what she had heard.

Tony looked at Rachel. "Rach? If its bothering you this much, go back and talk to Charlie. If its gonna cause complications for Charlie later, she needs to know now"

"Its not going to cause her any problems. Its just, she was ready to tell me, and I stopped her. I've never done something like that before. I've always listened to a patient, even if they're a friend"

"Go back to the hospital, and listen. Get her to tell you what she was going to tell you. Otherwise I ain't gonna get a wink of sleep tonight" Tony smiled

"Your right. I should go" Rachel said as she poured her wine down the sink "I'll be back later" Rachel added as she kissed Tony on the cheek.

Ruby was about to open the door to Charlie's room. She stopped when she saw Ross had remained in his seat "Dad, you coming?" Ruby asked

"No, you go. I'll wait for Morag" Ross smiled

"You sure?" Ruby asked as she walked back to Ross.

"Yes I'm sure. You go, spend some time with your m...s..with Charlie"

Ruby smiled and nodded. "Yea, I'll go to the canteen for a drink. You go see Charlie, I'll see her a bit later" Angelo added as he smiled at Ruby

"Really?" Ruby asked confused. "I'd thought you'd be the first in"

"So did I, but, you go, I need to clear my head" Angelo replied.

Ruby walked up to Charlie, who was sitting up in bed with a smile on her face.

"Hey" Ruby smiled

"Hey. You ok?" Charlie asked

"Yea. What about you? What did Rachel want?" Ruby asked as she sat on the seat next to the bed

"Erm" Charlie scratched her head "The x-rays showed the crack in my pelvis from when I was pregnant. She was just asking me about it"

"Did you tell her?" Ruby asked

"I told her I knew about it, but then she stopped me, saying I didn't have to tell her. I only told her that I was young and that my pelvis was small. But she knows I have a child" Charlie replied

"You have a crack in your pelvis?" Charlie nodded "How?"

"I was only small when I got pregnant, and carrying yo..the baby to full term put stress on everywhere"

"So the baby just broke you?" Ruby asked

"Sort of, it cracked when I was having the cesarean" Charlie replied

Ruby looked down to her hands. She played with her fingers. "About that. Us." Ruby began

"Rubes.."

"No, Charlie wait." Ruby cut Charlie off "I can't pretend that I never heard any of this. Its not fair on dad, Morag, Angelo, you or me. I...We can't go on with everything pretending that we're sisters when we're not" Ruby continued to play with her fingers. Charlie looked to Ruby "I haven't been able to get out of my head, what people would think if they knew, all they'd see is a thirty year old with a sixteen year old child. Its not fair on you having what happened to you, to be all over town. But, it would stop the sneers, and the stares"

"What are you trying to say Rubes?" Charlie asked

Ruby sniffed and then looked teary-eyed to Charlie. "You're my mum, I'll be there with you when we tell people, I'll be there when Colleen makes her stupid comments. I'll be there when you walk, I'll be there all the time. I'll be with you until the end"

Angelo paced the corridor. He wished he had gone to see Charlie first, he could be with his own thoughts for much longer. He hated having a fight with himself over the same thing over and over.

"Angelo?" Morag called as she walked onto the corridor where Angelo was pacing

"Morag" Angelo replied surprised "What are you doing here?"

"I could ask you the same thing" Morag replied

"Erm, good point" Angelo smiled "I, needed some space. Some time to think"

"About..?" Morag asked

"Charlie" Angelo replied

"And, what have you come up with?" Morag asked

Angelo looked to Morag, smiled and then looked down the corridor back to Charlie's room.

"Charlie I love you" Angelo smiled as he burst into the room. Ross and Morag followed him, mouths open wide, looking to Ruby -who too, had a wide open mouth- and then to Charlie who.....

Archived