I'll Be With You Until The End

Guest callyha

Thank you so much for the lovely comments! :wub:

Chapter 78

The bell rang at school and the elated students breathed a sigh of relief as they left Miss. Denison's room. She might be one of the prettiest teachers at the school, but she was the meanest and the only teacher who made them do a full fifty minutes work.

Nicole slowly gathered her things up and walked out of the class. She was in a daze, mixed in her own thoughts and trying to figure out why Ruby was calling her dad Ross. But nothing came to her. Nicole called her dad Roman, but, that was because for most of her own life, he wasn't there and so calling him dad straight away was a bit weird, she does call him dad sometimes, but she had always heard Ruby call Ross dad, thats why it was so strange for Nicole to hear Ross come from Ruby's lips.

"Hey. What you thinking?" Xaiver smiled as he saw the look on Nicole's face

"Its nothing" Nicole lied

"Nicole, come on. You've had that look on your face before. And for most of today. Spill" Xaiver asked

"How close were you listening to Ruby when she was talking about Charlie and Ross and Morag?" Nicole asked

"Pretty close. Why?" Xaiver replied

"Whose pretty close?" Romeo asked as he caught up with Nicole and Xaiver

"No one. So?" Nicole said

"She said something about how great Charlie was doing, and how Angelo and Morag and her dad were there for Charlie and that she's done something or going to do something. I don't know, something along those lines"

"You really didn't pay much attention. Did you?" Nicole smiled

"Ruby was back. At that moment, nothing else mattered. Why?" Xavier replied

"Romeo. Did anything Ruby said strike you as a little odd?" Nicole asked, hoping to get a full answer

"Actually, it did" Romeo replied. Nicole smiled when she thought Romeo would be asking the same things she was asking "She doesn't have to start school until Monday. Thats not fair"

"No idiot" Nicole siad as she hit Romeo on the arm. "Ruby called her dad Ross"

"Oh my god!" Xaiver mocked "That is his name Nic"

"I know, but Ruby has always called him dad. Never Ross, and I don't think its the first time she has called him Ross. When she said Ross, she was calm and didn't show any signs of regret afterward"

"So?" Romeo asked

"Do you think I'm over thinking things?" Nicole asked

"Maybe. But, next time we see Ruby, we'll look and see how she is when she mentions her dad. And Charlie" Xaiver smiled

Leah and Roman waited outside the school gates with the other parents. Whispers could be heard from the other parents. Leah knew what they were whispering about; her and Roman's relationship. But she didn't care. Charlie was the only person she wanted to have 'approval' from, so what other people thought didn't bother her. The only thing that bothered her was the fact that they kept staring at her and Roman as they held hands.

The doors opened and the children piled out. VJ came running to Leah and Roman carrying three paintings. "Hi mum. Roman" VJ smiled

"Hey little man" Roman smiled as he ruffled VJ's hair

"Mum, can we go see Aunty Charlie today? I painted something for her and want to give it to her" VJ asked

"VJ. I've got some news to tell you" Leah smiled

"What's wrong with Aunty Charlie? She's not sicker is she?" VJ asked worried

"No" Leah laughed "She's home"

A huge smiled appeared on VJ face "Aunty Chalrie. She's home?" VJ repeated happily

"Yea" Leah smiled

"Can we go to the shop to get her something?" VJ asked

"Erm, sure mate" Roman smiled. He turned to Leah and winked.

Roman chased after VJ as he headed for the car which was parked down the road from the school. A parent walked over to Leah.

"Just so you know, I think what you and that man are doing is sick"

"Excuse me?" Leah asked

"His girlfriend was crushed by a boat. And you swoop in and take him!?"

"Ok, not that it is any of your business, but Chalrie and Roman had broken up before the accident. And Charlie is happy for Roman and I"

"I don't think so. Some friend you are. And, Toby won't be coming to VJ birthday party. I can assure you of that"

Leah stood open mouthed at Toby's mum as she quickly walked off with Toby.

Morag and Ruby helped Charlie to her feet. Ross walked back into the office with the crutches that were left in the interview room.

"I feel so stupid" Charlie said as she placed her arms in the crutches

"You're not stupid" Ruby said to Charlie as she tucked Charlie's hair behind her ear "Don't ever think that"

"Its what I am. I can't even get passed looking at a blank mirror without breaking down. Its stupid"

"Charlie, you've been through so much, even getting here is a huge acomplishment. You should be proud of yourself, not loathing yourself" Morag smiled

"And Angelo is sorting out the pictures for you so, there's nothing to worry about" Ruby added

Charlie sniffed "What pictures?"

"Of the girl and guys. We thought that would be easier for you" Ross answered

Charlie smiled. "I appriciate that, I really do. But, if I don't get passed this, what ever this is, I'll never be able to get back to where I was before. I can do this I know I can. Its just a case of when"

"Charlie, listen. Look at the picture now, and then when the court dates are set up, go to them and then you'll see them. At least then you can walk out of the court and know that you've done something to help yourself"

Charlie looked down to the ground. "I have to try"

Morag, Ross and Ruby looked at one another and then to Charlie. They could tell this was something Charlie really wanted to do, not only for herself, but for Angelo, Ross, Morag and Ruby.

"Ok. I'll go get Angelo" Ruby smiled

VJ looked carefully at everything that was on the shelves. Leah and Roman laughed.

"He always like this when it comes to Charlie?" Roman asked

"Yea. Charlie os great with him. He really looks up to her. And when he found out that Charlie was in hospital, he wanted to get a bed in the room with her" Leah answered

"Really? Bless him" Roman smiled

"He was really scared. I had to keep him off for a couple of days and explain to him that Charlie was going to be absoultely fine and that she wasn't going to die. But when I heard that Charlie had stopped breathing, I had no idea what I would have said to VJ. Or how he'd react. I can't think of what he'd do if Charlie did die"

"But Charlie is fine. And the sooner VJ gets out of this store, the sooner my money will stay on my card"

Leah and Roman walked bhind Charlie. He had in his hand a teddy bear. Similar to the one Charlie had got him when he was in hospital. The only difference was, Charlie's teddy had a pink bow on around its neck "Do you think Aunty Charlie will like this?" VJ asked

"She'll love it" Leah smiled

Nicole, Xaiver and Romeo all walked to the diner. They saw that the doors were shut, and were a little confused as to why.

Irene walked around from the back to find the teens stood there.

"Oh, hey guys" Irene smiled

"Hey. Irene?" Nicole asked "Why is the diner closed?"

"Well, we had a little flood. But we're sorted now. Come in, I'm opening up" Irene replied

"Dad never told me" Nicole said

"Well, I did call him away from whatever he was doing to give us a hand here. So that might explain it" Irene replied as she unlocked the doors.

"So what happened?" Xiaver asked as he followed Irene in

"Colleen turned the tap on and it just broke. Water squirted out everywhere" Irene answered, using her hands to add to the description of what happened

"That would explain why there was an electritian asking where the diner was" Romeo added

"So. What can I get you?" Irene asked as she stood behind the counter.

Colleen walked out from the kitchen.

Xavier saw Colleen "A couple of snorkles please" Xavier smiled

Nicole, Irene and Romeo looked away as they tried to hide their laughs. Colleen walked back into the kitchen

"I'm joking Colleen. The place looks great" Xavier added as he looked into the kitchen

Colleen peered out of the kitchen "You think so?"

"Yes" Xaiver smiled

"Aww, good" Colleen smiled.

Xavier looked to Irene and raised his eyebrows.

"She's a little touchy" Irene said

"A little?"

Xavier, Nicole and Romeo sat in the corner of the diner and began to talk about what Nicole was thinking earlier. All trying to think of possible explanations.

"It could be a case of what its like with you and Roman" Xavier said

"I thought we were going to wait until we saw Ruby" Romeo said as he rolled his eyes "Talking this over and over is only going to drive us crazy"

"Ok, we'll stop" Xaiver replied

Colleen stood and watched the teens.

"Colleen, what are you doing?" Irene asked

Colleen placed her hand on her chest "You scared me to death" Irene looked at her "Everyone is been secretive all of a sudden"

"What makes you say that?" Irene asked

"Well, you and Leah, then Leah and Roman, now Xaiver, Nicole and Romeo. I'm telling you somethings up"

"Its all in your head" Irene replied as she walked into the kitchen

"Its not" Colleen muttered to herslf.

Colleen walked the long way around to reach Nivole, Xavier and Romeo. She hid behind on of the posta and listened in on their conversation

"Do you think something happened for Ruby to call her dad Ross?" Xavier wondered

"Maybe. But, what could have? I mean, all Ruby would talk about before was Charlie and how well she was doing. But now that Chalrie is out of hospital, it seems something has changed" Nicole replied

"So you're saying that, something must have happened for Ruby to start calling her dad Ross?" Romoe cleared

"Well, yea. You don't just go from saying dad dad dad all the time to saying Ross Ross Ross. Ever. Soemthing must have happened"

"But if it has, Ruby doesn't seem bothered by it" Romeo said

"Maybe she's had enough time to react to it" Nicole replied

"Maybe Ross isn't Ruby's dad" Xaiver joked

Nicole and Romeo smiled also. Unawre that Colleen had heard every word of their conversation.

Charlie was lead out of the office with Morag and Ross beside her. Ruby and Angelo met them in the middle of the reception

"I have their pictures ready in a file. But, Ruby said that you wanted to give this another shot" Angelo said

Charlie nodded. "I'll go in with you" Ruby smiled "That's if I'm allowed" Ruby added as she looked to Angelo

"Yea" Angelo smiled "I'll also be in. And so will Watson"

Charlie nodded once more. She took a deep breath and prepared herself to go in once more.

Once again, Charlie made her way to the chair that was in front of the mirror.

Watson closed the door behind her and stood near to the door, watching Charlie as she lowered herself into the chair.

Angelo stood back with his arms folded over his chest. He wasn't allowed to help Charlie, he had to leave that to Ruby.

Ruby knelt down beside Charlie and took her hand. Already Charlie felt herself calmer than she did before.

"You ready?" Angelo asked

"Yea" Chalrie whispered.

Ruby nodded, just incase Angelo couldn't hear her.

Georgina knocked on the door to let Avery know to let the men and woman into the room behind the mirror.

Charlie's hand trembled as she looked at the woman. Her face hadn't changed. She had the same evil grin plastered on her face. Her eyes showed how malevolent she really was. Charlie couldn't speak, she was frozen in terror.

"Angelo" Ruby worringly said

"Get them out of there" Angelo shouted as she rushed to Charlie's side "Shhh, baby, I'm here" Angelo whipsered as he hugged Charlie

"It was her, she did it" Charlie cried

"Ok, I know" Angelo felt Charlie's grip on him get tighter "Rubes, I need you to swap with me"

Ruby rose to her feet and took Angelo's position. Ruby felt Charlie's grip on her tighten too. She had never seen Charlie this scared in her entire life.

And it was in that moment Ruby realised that, the bond she had with Charlie was as strong as ever.

But they were mother and daughter

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you so much for the lovely comments, they really mean a lot xx

I hope this is ok, there isn't much Charlie/Ruby in!

Chapter 79

The diner filled with people who had to find elsewhere to eat. Colleen rushed around as she took peoples orders, they were very patient with Colleen, but Irene could see that they were bcoming more and more swamped.

Irene wiped her hands down her apron and grabbed the phone from in the kitchen. She pressed some of the buttons and placed the phone close to her ear.

"Oh hi darl, look, I know you and Roman have the evening offm but we've opened again to a full crowd. Is there any chance you both can come in? You can? Perfect, thank you" Irene hung up the phone just as Colleen walked back into the kitchen looking grumpier than she had ever looked. "For gawds sake love, cheer up. Leah and Roman are on their way in now"

"Well they should already be in if you ask me. There's only so much I can do you know" Colleen replied as she placed the next order on the counter and took the two plates out into the seating area.

"So how are we supposed to work this into the conversation? We can't just turn to her and say: 'So Rubes, why are you calling your dad Ross all of a sudden?' We can't do that" Xaiver said as he took a chip from Nicole's plate

"No, we wait until she talks about them again and if she says Ross, we ask her then" Nicole replied "And if you're hungry go and order something"

"Colleen doesn't look to happy, besides, why order when theres food over here already" Xavier replied as he took another chip.

Colleen made a point of walking passed Xavier, Nicole and Romeo's table as she cleared the rubbish from the tables.

"Maybe its nothing. Maybe Ruby is just seeing how Ross reacts when Ruby calls him Ross" Romeo suggested.

Colleen's eyes widened

"I don't think Ruby would do something like that. She's not like that at all" Xaiver said as he shook his head. "I think we should stop talking about this now and wait until Ruby tells us why she's calling Ross Ross"

"But, what if she doesn't? Nothings telling her to tell us. She doesn't have to" Romeo added

"I think there's something she isn't telling us. I mean, all the times I saw her at the hospital and when she came to the beach with us that time. There is something more to this. And I think Ruby wants to tell us, but isn't sure on how to tell us"

Xaiver and Romeo gave Nicole a strange look. "Ok"

"Look, can we stop all this talk? I'm getting a headache now just even thinking about it"

Georgina and Angelo both rushed out of the interview room leaving Ruby comforting a broken Charlie.

Grabbing the file that was on the desk in the reception, Angelo raced into the office, ignored Ross and Morag who were still sitting waiting for news of how the line-up had gone. Angelo grabbed the phone and made a phone call. Morag and Ross excused themselves from the office as they knew they weren't allowed to over hear what Angelo was talking about, even though what he would say effected thier lives as well as his, Ruby's and Charlie's.

"I hate not knowing" Ross said as he stamped his foot in anger.

Morag couldn't help but smile with Ross' slight tantrum "We'll find out as soon as we're allowed to know and not until"

"How can you be so calm?" Ross asked as he looked to the office, then to Morag and then to the room where Charlie and Ruby were

"Because one of us needs to be able to do this" Morag replied as she placed her arms around Ross and brought him close for a hug

"I just wish there was more I could do for Charlie" Ross softly spoke, almost to stop himself from crying

"You are doing plenty. And Charlie knows that" Morag reassured "She'll always need her dad"

Georgina walked into the office to find Angelo sitting at the desk with the case file in front of him. His hands were together, resting on his chin with his index fingers placed over his lips. He leaned forward until his elbows met his knees and he rested them on until he heard the door close fully.

"Its over" Angelo said as he rose to his feet.

"What is?" Goergina

"Me. I can't take this case any further" Angelo replied

"What? Why?" Georgina asked

"Because, I was involved in the accident too" Angelo shook his head "I wanted to do this for Charlie"

"So, you can't take this case any further because you were under the boat too? How is that fiar? You have been here throughout this whole investigation. Without you none of this work would have been done this fast. We'd still be looking for them" Georgina said

"I've been taken off the case. And another officer is coming from the city to invetigate the accident" Angelo replied

"When are they getting here?" Georgina asked

"Beginning of next week" Angelo answered

"What? By then we would have lost the right to have them in custody. They'd be out" Georgina shouted

"I told them that, but they won't budge" Angelo thought after he stopped thinking. "You could do it"

"Do what?" Georgina asked

"Continue the investigation. You have been there through enough of this, you were in the room when Charlie ID'd them, you were present at the arrest, you have been one of the main officers on this case"

"Angelo, I..."

"No, Georgie. Please. I have to have this done for Charlie now. I can't see her like this anymore. She's not the same and I know that once this court hearing is over and those guys are in jail, she'll be fine"

Georgina looked to Angelo. She could see the pain in his face, the anguish. "You realy love Charlie don't you?" Georgina asked

"So much, I hate seeing her like this" Angelo replied

Georgina took a deep breath. "Gimme the phone"

Charlie pulled away from Ruby. The tears she had cried made her cheeks wet and caused her to leave a smal wet patch on Ruby's shoulder.

"Sorry" Charlie said as she placed her hand on Ruby's shoulder.

Ruby took Charlie's hand from her shoulder and held it in her own. "You have nothing to be sorry for. You needed a shoulder to cry on and I gave you one"

"Buts that's all I've done lately. I haven't spoken to you about anything, I've just cried" Chalrie wiped her face dry "How pathetic does that make me? Thirty years old and leaning on a sixteen year old for support"

"Its not pathetic. You needed your daughter and your daughter was there for you. Just like she promised"

Charlie looked to Ruby in shock but happy also. "Just like you promised" Charlie repeated as she smiled

Thank you so much for the lovely comments! :wub: xx

Charis: Had a chuckle at you little bit in you're comment. A small comment is fine also xx

Ruby/Charlie centric (Hope that's ok) :wink:

Chapter 80

Walking into the reception, Ruby followed Charlie closely as they headed for the exit. Ross and Morag looked to them and walked over to them as Ruby closed the door behind her. Ross outstretched his amrs and engulfed Charlie. She rested her head on Ross' shoulder, squeexing out from her eyes the residual tears that hadn't quite managed to escape whilst she was with Ruby. Morag brought Ruby into a hug. Ruby stood on her tipitoes as she embraced Morag's arms around her.

"I'm going with Charlie to the beach. She needs to clear her head" Ruby softly said in Morag's ear "I think she needs it"

"Ok, sure. Your dad and I will stay here and meet you a little later to talk" Morag replied

Ruby and Morag pulled apart but kept their hands together. Morag squeezed Ruby's hand as a sign of comfort as she saw the look of dread fill Ruby's face.

"Thank you dad" Charlie cried as she squeezed Ross tighter

"For what?" Ross asked as he stroked Charlie's back

"For everything you've done for me. And for Ruby" Chalrie smiled as she pulled away. "I couldn't do any of this without you" Charlie smiled as she looked down at her leg and then to Ruby.

Ross looked at Charlie's leg and then to Ruby, he knew what Charlie meant when she did the gesture. "So, you going anywhere?" Ross asked

"I was going to take Charlie to the beach" Ruby smiled as she walked back over to Charlie. "Dig a hole and put her in it" Ruby laughed

Georgina hung the phone up and looked to Angelo. Angelo tried to read her face, but was unsure of what Georgina was thinking or going to say "What?" Angelo asked "You can't just say 'ok, thanks' and that be it"

"If anyone asks, I haven't known Charlie for very long" Georgina smiled

"What?" Angelo asked, confused as to why Georgie said something like that

"I can only take over the case if I could prove that I haven't known or worked alongside Charlie for very long, and as I have known her three or four years but only worked alongside her on three occasions, I am able to see the case through" Georgie smiled

Angelo's eyes widened and a smile appeared over his face "Are you serious?"

"Yes, as from now Charlie's case is in my hands"

Angelo raced to Georgie's side. He hugged her and kissed her on the cheek. "Sorry, but, I'm not. Thank you so much" Angelo excitedly said

"Ok, its fine" Georgie replied as she wiped her face "But, you can't ask me the case is going, you can't look in the file, talk to me about it, talk to any other officer or even Charlie about the case"

"So I can't tell Ross, Ruby and Morag that the case isn't with me anymore?" Angelo asked

"You can tell them that, but you can't discuss any of the leagal procedures with them. That's for me to do" Georige replied

"How long before you know anything?" Angelo asked

Georgie gave Angelo a look "Angelo, I've just told you, I can't discuss anything with you"

"This is a annoying" Angelo replied

Ross and Morag were asked to join Georgie and Angelo in the office. Ross sat in Charlie's usual chair and looked to the pcture that was on her desk. The on of her and Ruby. Morag stood beside Ross with her hand on his shoulder, smiling as she knew the thought that was going through Ross' mind as he placed his finger over the picture of his two girls.

"As you know, having them in custody is a huge help to Charlie's case. It means we only have to wait for the court date to arrive. All the evidence has been gathered, processed and written in the file. However, due to Angelo's involvement with the accident and his close working relationship with Charlie, Angelo has been removed from the case entirely and the case has been handed to me. Now, I have only just managed to have the case put to me. Any of us here at the station shouldn't really be incharge of this case, it should be handed to a city officer who would arrive her next week, resulting in the loss of the two men and woman. But, due to the lack of me working alongside Charlie I have persuaded senior management to allow me to be inchare of this case"

"Meaning, this time next week this could all be over for Charlie?" Morag stated

"Yes" Georgina replied

Ross beamed with happiness and rose to his feet. Extending his arm out and grabbing Georgie's, he shook irratically, taking Georgie by suprise "Thank you"

"I guess I'm still trying to figure things out in my head" Ruby said as she and Charlie looked out the to surf "I know that you're my mother and Ross is my Grandfather, but, its, what do I call you? And how do we...I...we tell people about this? I'm pretty sure Xave, Nicole and Romeo are suss" Ruby continued as she looked to her fingers and played with her cuticles. "I don't want to tell them and have them look at me differently, I don't want them to look to you and to Ross and have them think that you're cruel for what you did. You all did what you thought was best, and, it turned out to be a good descision. I don't want to have people whispering behind my back, saying that I'm a product of something so horrible, that I'm worse than a mist..."

"Ok, before you carry on, I want you to know something. I have never ever seen you as a mistake or something horrible. If anything you were the only good thing to happen to me at that point in my life. You still are. I couldn't have coped with the months after if I didn't have you growing inside me. It was you who gave me the strength when I was fourteen and its you who's giving me the strength now. You are the greatest thing that's happened to me Ruby, don't ever think differently" Charlie replied as she placed her hands on Ruby's face and used her thumbs to wipe the tears from her face. "And no one will think those things either. All they see of you is a sweet, bright, energetic young woman who has such a big heart. No one will treat you differently. At first they may be a little taken aback, but, they'll get over it. It won't matter to them"

"You really really sure?" Ruby cried

"Really, really sure" Charlie smiled

Ruby looked to Charlie with her big expressive eyes. Charlie saw Ruby's face change from what is looked like now, to what it did the day she was born, to back to what she looks like now. The smile on Charlie's face widened and the two connected as they embraced each other.

Thank you so much for the lovely comments! I enjoy reading them :):wub:

Hope this one's ok, I'm trying to tie loose ends so its a neater read an not all over the place... I hope this works! :unsure:

Chapter 81

Ross lead the way along the grassed area above the beach. His hands were placed in his pockets as he looked to the ground, concentrating on what could happen in the next couple of weeks. He could hear the whispers of Morag and Angelo who followed him close. Morag kept her eyes on Ross, he'd been all over the place since Charlie was admitted to hospital, he hated hospitals and he hated seeing Charlie in such pain. But having Chalrie in the hospital whilst in pain took so much out of Ross. Morag sighed deeply as she took one last look at Ross before changing her glance direction.

Looking to Angelo she placed her hand on his arm "There isn't anything you and Georgina aren't telling us"

Angelo looked to his arm and then to Morag's distressed face "Morag, Georgie and I have told you everything we can. Any new developments will be told to you and to Ross as and when we get them. And I'm not allowed to know until you know"

Morag looked to Angelo with a raised eyebrow "How does that work?"

"I was injured in the accident which we are investigating. I was injured in the warehouse incident. I'm a colleague of Charlie's and I'm now classed as a member of her family because of our relationship" Angelo answered "I can't know anything about the case from now, until you, Ross, Charlie and Ruby are told"

"But, we were hoping you could shorten the wait" Morag replied

"I know. I hate that the case has been taken away from me, I wanted to do it for Charlie, after everything she has been through, I wanted to give her a reason to feel safe and happy" Angelo, clearly upset by his removal from the case, looked down to the ground.

"You are a reason for Charlie to be happy and to feel safe. Don't you ever forget that" Morag said as she placed her finger under Angelo's chin and raised his head up.

Angelo was just about to reply to Morag when he felt himself walk into Ross. Ross swayed slightly as the action took him by suprise. Angelo shook himself and looked to Ross with a scared expression on his face.

"Ross? Anything the matter?" Morag asked as she took Ross' hand in hers.

"Look" Ross smiled as he pointed to two woman on the beach "Closer than ever" He continued

Morag and Angelo looked to where Ross was pointing. They saw that Charlie and Ruby were still in each others arms. Cleary happy by the embrace and showing no signs of pulling apart.

"Should we invite them to the diner?" Morag asked as she began to make her way to the beach.

Charlie and Ruby finally pulled apart. Unaware that Ross, Morag and Angelo were apporaching them.

Looking at eacher others damp faces, a smile appeared on their faces "So glad I'm wearing waterproof mascara" Ruby laughed as she wiped her eyes

Charlie smiled. "No more tears" Charlie said as she wiped her own face "Only smiles, ok?"

Ruby nodded "Only smiles"

"Hey" Angelo soflty spoke as he bent down to Chalrie and Ruby's level

"Hey" Ruby smiled as she looked to Angelo and then to Morag and Ross

"You two hungry?" Angelo asked

"Starving" Ruby smiled as she jumped to her feet.

"Come on, we'll go to the diner. My treat" Ross smiled as he held his hand out to Ruby. Ruby looked to Ross' hand. Ross' smiled disappeared from his face but quickly returned when Ruby rested her head against his chest and wrapped her arms around him.

"Sounds good" Ruby replied, sounding muffled.

"Erm, can we meet you at the diner? I need to talk to Angelo" Charlie said as she looked to Ross, Morag and Ruby

"Yea, sure. I've just got to go to the car to grab my wallet, but we can meet you there" Ross smiled

Nicole sat by herself, waiting for Romeo and Xavier to return from the toilet. Roman and Leah had quickly waved to them as dashed into the kitchen to help ease the pressure of Irene, who had already shouted at Colleen.

"We're back" Xavier said as he took another chip from Nicole's plate

"God, I hope you washed your hands" Nicole replied as she looked to Xaiver with disgust

"No, I just walked straight out" Nicole's mouth dropped "Of course I did. Mum driled it into a lot when I was younger"

"Good" Nicole replied as she pushed the plate of chips over to Xaiver

Colleen materialized out of the kitchen once more, and made her way to the table next to Romeo, Xaiver and Nicole. Since they weren't talkin about Ruby anymore, Colleen soon lost interest and walked back around the diner, gathering the used crokcery and rubbish from the tables.

Romeo watched Colleen's everymore. She had always walked passed or near to the table when he was sitting. "Hey, is it just me or has Colleen been hanging around this table since we walked in?"

Nicole and Xaiver followed Colleen around the diner with their eyes. They saw that Colleen did make a bee-line for their table as she cleared.

"Maybe this is her favourite table" Xaiver suggested as he smiled

"Idiot" Nicole replied as she hit Xavier on the arm "Oh my god. You don't think Colleen has been listening to what we've been saying, do you?" Nicole said as she thought

"If she has, wouldn't it be in the newspaper already?" Romeo replied

"The diner has been packed. Colleen hasn't had time to speak" Nicole replied "Do you think she's heard what we've been saying? And that she's trying to find more out?"

"It does sound very Colleen" Romeo said

"I'm gonna write this down" Xaiver said as he grabbed a pen from his bag

"What? Why?" Nicole asked as she watched Xavier write something down

"This has got to be one of the rare occasions Colleen hears something juicy and hasn't broadcast it. It has to go down in the history books or something"

Angelo helped Charlie to her feet. Charlie had got so good at pushing herself up that, Ross, Ruby and Morag were still on the sand.

"Thanks" Charlie smiled

"Its ok" Angelo replied

"Its more than ok Angelo. More than that" Charlie replied.

"I only helped you to your feet" Angelo smiled

Charlie lifted one of the crutches from the sand and gently hit Angelo on his leg "You know what I'm on about"

"Abuse. Did you see that? Abuse" Angelo smiled "Look, I know what you mean, and I've told you, you don't have to thank me. I love you Charlie and I would do anything for you. I want to help you in everyway that I can, and if it means I get hit with a crutch ever once in a while, than so be it"

"You really have no idea how much help you have been to me over the last couple of months. You and Ruby have been fantastic, I haven't deserved it. I'm so grateful to you both" Charlie said as a tear rolled down her face

Angelo placed his hands on Charlie's face. Using his thumbs, Angelo wiped the tears from Charlie's eyes. "I love you Charlie, And its me who doesn't deserve you" Angelo said before he kissed Charlie on the lips.

Roman quickly added the last layer of onions to the quiche before placing it in the oven. Leah rushed as she placed the salad on the plates where the freshly made quiche would be placed once they had cooked. Irene placed all the pots into the dishwasher, closed the door and set it going. She then walked into the kitchen area, washed her hands and made a start on the next order that was barely readable.

"Colleen" Irene said before Colleen had fully left the kitchen "What the heck does this say?" Irene asked as she held the piece of paper toward Colleen

"One vegitarian omelette, one chicken burger with extra cheese and one chicken pasta. Three cokes it also says" Colleen read

"To me is says squiggle squiggle squiggle dash dash dash. I can't read orders when you write them like this. This is the third one in a row you've written like this. What is going on out there that is occupying your brain?" Irene replied

"Don't get flip with me Irene Roberts. I'm going as fast as I can around those customers and I don't need you speaking to me like that" Colleen retorted as she left the kitchen.

Irene, Roman and Leah looked on, amazed as to the outburst Colleen had given.

Once again, Colleen made her way around the dining area via the table where Romeo, Xaiver and Nicole were sitting.

"I can't belive Jasmine and Ronnie pashed in front of Mrs. Austin. They must be in serious trouble" Nicole said as she looked to Colleen through the corner of her eye

"I would have paid good money to see that" Romeo replied, looking to Colleen who was visibly shocked by what she heard

"Yea, mum says it could lead to expulsion. Same sex kissing isn't really approved of at school at the minute. Neither is opposite sex kisses, but that's beside the point. The point is that, Jasmine and Ronnie are now the talk of the school"

Colleen dropped the srpay to the ground. Romeo, Xaiver and Nicole -as well as the other customers- looked to Colleen

"You ok Colleen?" Nicole asked, trying not to break out in a smile

"Erm, oh, erm, yes, pet. I'm erm, fine" Colleen replied, still shocked

"You didn't hear anything you didn't agree with, did you?" Xaiver asked

"Hear? I didn't hear a thing" Colleen replied as she walked back toward the kitchen.

Charlie and Angelo walked toward the diner, taking one step at a time as Charlie went as fast as she could.

Ross, Morag and Ruby met them outside the door to the diner. Inside they could hear the chatter of the customers.

"You ok?" Ruby asked Charlie

Charlie nodded "Yea, I'm fine"

Ruby looked to Charlie, unconvinced by the reply she had given.

"Shall we eat?" Ross asked as he took the first step toward the diner.

Thank you so much for the comments. I have a huge smile on my face when I read them. I am so glad you like reading my fic, so thanks again for taking the time out to read and comment! :wub::)

Chapter 82

Colleen dropped the empty plate she was carrying to the ground. The smash caused the diner to fall silent and Irene, Leah and Roman to walk out of the kitchen. Nicole, Romeo and Xavier looked over to Colleen, they knew she'd been listening to what they had been talking about and they were worried that what they had said had just taken an effect with Colleen.

Xavier's face lit up when he saw Ruby walk into the diner. She was followed by Ross and Morag, who Colleen approached slowly as she welcomed her sister. Irene rushed over to them as she saw Charlie emerge through the door. Charlie's eyes widened and she stood shocked as Irene wrapped her arms around Charlie and squeezed.

The noise from the customers rose again, and Colleen made her way to the smashed plate to clean it up. Angelo helped Charlie to the seat where Ross had made himself comfortable.

"Its great to see you Charlie" Irene smiled as she watched Charlie lower herself into the seat. "How long you been home?"

"A couple of days" Charlie replied, placing her crutches against the wall so they were easy for ther to grab "And this is the first time I've been out" Charlie added as she looked around to see some people stare at her whilst others carried on with their own converstations

"I'm so glad you're home and you're alright. Its amazing" Irene replied as she placed her hand on Charlie's arm and gently stroked it "Anything you want from the menu is on the house"

"Thanks Irene" Charlie smiled.

Morag took her seat next to Ross, Angelo took his next to Charlie and Ruby grabbed a seat from the table next to theirs and dragged it so she was sitting next to Charlie and Ross. Ruby smiled as she looked to Charlie sitting in the diner, with people all around her.

"What do you want darling?" Ross asked as he looked to Charlie

Charlie looked around once more. She noticed people still staring at her. Automatically, Charlie pulled the bottom of her top down, trying to cover the scars on her leg. Even though she had long, linen trousers on, Charlie felt that the scars were still visible. "For people to mind their own business"

Angelo looked around and saw most of the customers looking at her. Ruby looked to Charlie and noticed how uncomfortable Charlie was. "Just ignore them Charlie" Ruby said as she placed her hand on top of Charlie's, which was placed on her leg trying to cover the scars.

"I can't. They're staring. And I know what at" Charlie replied

"Charlie, no one can see them" Ruby answered. She saw how Charlie was reverting back to the way she was during her first rehab, how scared she was, how ashamed of the scars, how she felt about her leg been on show. "Didn't we say no more tears only smiles?" Ruby siad as she tilted her head.

"I have no tears" Charlie replied

"You have no smile either" Ruby added as she made a point of looking to Charlie's mouth. Ruby looked around the diner. As they continued to stare over to Charlie, Ruby noticed a similarity. She'd seen some of these faces before. But where?

"Ruby? You ok?" Ross asked as he glanced at Ruby.

"Charlie, these saw the accident. They saw what happened to you. Maybe they're looking at you because you're still...you..."

"I survived?" Charlie finished

Ruby nodded "Maybe they're in awe"

"I just wish they'd stop staring" Charlie replied

"Should I ask her?" Xavier asked

"What now? When all her family are their? Thats good Xav" Nicole replied

"I think you should wait" Romeo added

"I could see it now: 'Ruby? Why do you call your dad Ross? And why does Charlie still call him dad? Wouldn't it make more sense for the older sister to call their dad Ross?' Not the smartest thing you've come up with Xav"

"But.."

"No buts. You said yourself, Ruby will tell you when she's ready. If she's ready"

Irene worked happily with a smile on her face. "Its great to see her. I can't believe how bright she looks"

"Its great. And I know VJ will be so happy. He bought Charlie a teddy" Leah replied

"Bless him" Irene smiled "So, did you two have a chance to speak to Charlie?" Irene asked

"Yea, she's happy for us" Leah replied

"And Angelo and I actually shook hands and watched footie together" Roman added

"Whoa" Irene replied, placing her hand on Roman's forehead "You feeling ok?"

"Ha ha very funny" Roman smirked as he hit Irene's hand away from his face. "Angelo and I spoke for a while. I realised he wasn't to blame for mine and Charlie's relationship breaking up, and I realised that, what Charlie and I had together, was no where near what Charlie and Angelo have or Leah and I"

"What? Charlie and Angelo?" Irene asked "They're together?"

"Sort of" Leah replied

"I knew it!" Irene smiled as she punched the air

"Knew what?" Roman asked

"When I went to the hospital and saw Charlie and Angelo, I saw the same look on their faces and in their eyes. And the way they spoke about one another was kind of a huge giveaway. That and I had seen the same faces and reactions from you two" Irene replied

"So, everyone could see that we felt something for each other and Charlie and Angelo felt something for each other, except us" Leah questioned

Irene nodded. "But, its all in the open now. And you guys can finally be happy" Irene replied

two hours later

Charlie walked out of the diner with Angelo by her side. Ross and Morag had left a little before and Ruby had left half an hour ago to be with Xaiver, Nicole and Romeo.

As they walked along the top part of the beach, Angelo faught the urge to take Charlie's hand. He felt it nautral to take her's in his, but he was unable to.

"Whats wrong?" Charlie asked as she stopped

"Nothing" Angelo replied as he placed his hands in his pockets. Charlie raised her eyebrows "I want to hold your hand, but I can't" Angelo replied

Charlie looked to the crutches and then back to Angelo "Sorry"

"Its not your fault. Stop blaming yourself. Besides, if I walk behind you, the view isn't too bad" Angelo replied with a boyish smile on his face.

Charlie raised the crutch toward Angelo "I can still get you you know" Charlie smiled

"That's better" Angelo smiled

"What is?" Charlie asked as she lent herself up against the fencing.

"This" Angelo replied as he placed his finger on Charlie's lips and ran it along the smile her lips formed. The smile on Charlie's face got bigger. Angelo smiled and leaned into and gave her a short, but passionate kiss.

"I told Miles we'd help him with the caravans" Nicole said as she grabbed Romeo's arm and dragged him away from the seats where he, Xavier and Ruby were sitting. "Come on"

"When did you say that?" Romeo asked as he put up a fight with Nicole as she struggled to pull him to his feet

"Just now" Nicole mumbled so only Romeo could hear her.

"Oh" Romeo said as he realised what Nicole was meaning "Yea, Miles does need our help. Good girl Nicole for remembering"

Xaiver and Ruby watched as Nicole and Romeo hurried off.

"So.." Xavier smiled as he turned his body to face Ruby

"Wait" Ruby said as she placed her index finger over Xaiver lips. "Erm, I have something I want to tell you, but I don't know how you'll take it" Ruby started as she played with her cuticles.

"Rubes, anything you want to say to me you can. I'm not going to get all weird on you"

Ruby looked to Xavier "You promise?"

"Promise" Xaiver said with a small laugh.

Ruby took a deep breath. "Charlie isn't my sister......"

I know I keep saying this, but its true, I love reading your comments, and they do make me smile, I'm glad you are still enoying this xx :wub:

Charlie/Ruby/Angelo&Xavier are the only ones in this chapter...is that ok??? :unsure:

Chapter 83

Xavier stood, frozen on the spot. His mouth open wide and his eyes focused on Ruby's face. Ruby looked around to see if anyone was watching, and then looked back to Xavier, who had remained the same. Ruby wiped her face and brought her hands down her hair, pushing it away from her face.

"Xav?" Ruby said as she waved her hand in front of Xavier's still face. When he didn't flinch, Ruby wondered if she had worded things right, if saying those four words was the right way to do it. "Xaiver?" Ruby repeated, once again waving her hands in front of his face. "Do you want a drink?" Ruby asked, hoping that a change of topic would snap him out of his state

"No I'm good" Xaiver replied, grabbing his throat as he tried to swallow to moist his now dry mouth. "Charlie? She isn't your sister?" Xavier asked. Ruby looked to the ground and played with her fingers. Xaiver looked on as Ruby remained silent. "Is that why you called your dad Ross?" Ruby nodded. "Rubes, you can tell me" Xaiver said as she took Ruby's hands in his

Ruby looked upto Xaiver with tears in her eyes. One tear fell from her eye and rolled down her cheek and landed on her forearm. Xavier wiped the wet trail the tear had left on Ruby's face and then dried her arm before taking her hands once again. Ruby's smile that appeared on her face as she felt Xavier's warm hand on her face soon disappeared when she took a deep breath to begin to tell Xavier. "Charlie was...when she was... she.....I....when she was younger....she...Charlie was...I....I'm sorry" Ruby spluttered. She snatched her hands away from Xavier and began to run.

Xaiver watched on in confusion. "Rubes, wait!" Xavier shouted as he gave chase.

Ruby continued to run, the tears fell from her face, she couldn't keep them, at bay. Giving up Ruby fell to the ground, crying and broken. Xavier soon caught up to Ruby and saw her on the ground. She looked exhausted, frighten, broken, scared. Xavier looked around to see if anyone was nearby to help, in the distance he saw Charlie and Angelo sitting on the bench looking out to the sunset on the horizon.

"Come on Rubes, Charlie is there, she'll help" Xavier said to Ruby as he helped her to her feet.

"I'm sorry" Ruby cried

"Rubes, don't be sorry. You don't have to tell me now. When ever you feel ready I'll be here. There's no rush" Xaiver replied as he began to walk toward Charlie and Angelo

"I hope everything goes ok for Rubes" Charlie said worringly as she looked out to the sea "She wants so badly for someone to help her get through this, someone other than us"

"Xaiver will help, I'm sure. He likes Ruby a lot and he'll be a great help" Angelo reasurred

"How can you be so sure?" Charlie asked as she turned to face Angelo

"Because its how I was about you before we got caught up in the warehouse" Angelo smiled "And I reckon...." Angelo began to add, but he stopped when he noticed Charlie was distracted by something that was happening behind Angelo. "Charlie?"

Charlie held her hand up to stop Angelo from talking. She looked harder and saw that Xavier was walking toward them with a limp Ruby by his side. "Ruby" Charlie gasped as she rose to her feet quickly and grabbed her crutches before walking toward Xavier.

"Ruby" Charlie shouted as she approcahed Ruby. Ruby looked upto where she heard her name been called. A small smile appeared on her face, but it was over ridden by her sorrow and tears. "Baby come here" Charlie said as she opened her arms after dropping her crutches. Ruby broke away from Xavier and went to Charlie, Angelo watched on as Charlie stood one her own merit with a smile on his face, but his too was soon wiped away by the realisation of what Ruby and Xavier were talking about.

"Xavier, come with me" Angelo began as he took Xaiver's arm and began to lead him away from Charlie and Ruby

"But.." Xavier said as he pointed to Ruby

"Charlie's got her" Angelo replied to Xaiver "Do you want me to say?" Angelo quickly asked as he looked to Charlie and Ruby.

"No" Ruby cried

"Ok. I'll see you both in a bit" Angelo said before he physically moved Xavier away from the girls

"What are you doing? Ruby is crying she needs me? I've got to go back"

"No, she needs to be with Charlie for a while. Look, Ruby will tell you, but you've just got to be patient and give her time to find the way to tell you" Angelo replied

"Tell me what? She started to tell me something and then she stopped. She ran off. And all I got was Charlie isn't her sister and Ross isn't her dad. So who the hell have I left Ruby with? If Ruby gets hurt because you and Charlie are keeping me away from her I swear I'll..."

"You'll what? If you do something to Charlie, Ruby will never tell you. Look, just trust Ruby and trust Charlie, you will get told, its just a delicate situation" Angelo firmly said

Xaiver looked to Angelo with his head tilted and his eyebrow raised "You know what it is, don't you?"

Angelo nodded "Yes. But I promised I wouldn't tell anyone. Its not my thing to tell"

"But you've handled it?" Xaiver asked

"Yes"

"How?" Xavier asked

"Because I've seen what its has caused both Charlie and Ruby. Not to mention Ross and Morag"

Xaiver looked to Angelo and then back to where Charlie was cradling Ruby in her arms. He faught his natural instincs; he wanted to go to Ruby and comfort her himself, but he knew he wouldn't be able to fully do that until he understood the situation Angelo was on about.

"I've stuffed everything up" Ruby cried

"You haven't stuffed anything up Rubes" Charlie replied as she gently stroked Ruby's back

"I have" Ruby said as she pulled away from Charlie "Xavier was ready to hear what I had to tell him, he was willing to listen, and I just ran from him. He's never going to want to talk to me again, let alone listen to what I have to say to him"

"Rubes, Xavier will be there when you're ready to talk to him again. All you have to do is look at him to see that" Charlie replied

Ruby was about to speak again when she saw Charlie stood without her crutches "Charlie, you're standing"

Charlie looked down and then back up to Ruby who had a smile on her face "Yea" Charlie replied, not overly enthusiastic about her triumph

"Charlie this is great. You are standing on your own merit, without the crutches. Why aren't you happier?"

"You are going through something here Rubes, I can't push that aside just to celebrate this" Charlie replied as she pointed to her leg "You need me"

"So? You're standing on your own"

"And you are still crying over what happened or didn't happen"

Ruby shook her head and as she did, the tears fell from her eyes once more. "I couldn't tell him. I couldn't get the right words to come out. How can I tell him who you and Ross really are and how I came to be if I can't get the words?"

"I don't think there is a right way to say it, there never has been and there never will be. You've just got to say what comes first to you" Charlie said as she tucked Ruby's hair behind her ear.

"Can you please be there with me?" Ruby asked

Charlie smiled to Ruby. "Course I can. You're going to be with me until the end, and I'll be with you until the end" Charlie smiled as she brought Ruby close to her once more and embraced her lovingly in her arms.

OMG! Thank you so much for those comments! I'm glad you liked it :D

This is a shortish one, sorry, Hope you like though! :unsure:

Chapter 84

Irene flopped into the seat next to Leah, who looked just as tired as Irene as she leaned against Roman who had his head leaning against the wall with his hand resting on his face as he tried to keep his eye open. Colleen bumbled tiredly across to the exhausted group and put the drinks and plate of left over cake on the table, in arms reach of everyone.

"I'm so, tired" Leah yawned as she reached for one of the drinks

"You two get yourselves home. We can handle this mess" Irene said as she waved to Leah and Roman

"I'd rather stay here a little longer. Charlie looked as though been here today really took it out of her, and i think she needs time by herself, maybe with Ruby.I don't want to overwhelm her too soon"

"No probs darl" Irene smiled

"If you ask me, I think there's something fishy going on" Colleen added as she took a piece of the cake from the plate

"What do you mean Colleen?" Roman asked

"Earlier on I heard young Nicole, Xaiver and Romeo talking about Ruby and how she's calling her father Ross now" Colleen revealled

"That's a shocker Colleen, his name is Ross" Irene replied

Colleen glared to Irene "I know that. No need to take that tone of voice with me Irene Roberts"

"That doesn't mean anything Colleen" Roman pitched in "Nicole calls me Roman sometimes"

"Speaking of Nicole, she hasn't said anything to you has she?" Colleen asked, digging further

"What are you yapping about? Are you sure you woke up properly this morning?" Irene asked

"Yes I am" Colleen retorted "And that's not all..."

"Oh Colleen! Would you stop talking about this, its driving me mad. Look, Charlie is home, Ruby is happy, ross and Morag are thrilled to see Charlie up and about again. Can't you be happy for your sister and her family?" Irene said

Colleen fell silent as she suddenly thought: I have a right to know. Morag is my half-sister and that means Ross is my brother-in-law which means Charlie and Ruby are part of my family "Excuse me" Colleen smiled as she rose to her feet and made her way to the enterance.

"What is she one about?" Leah asked sleepily

"I have no idea. Look at you, you're shattered. You go home, i'll clear this little mess up and lock up" Irene replied

"You sure?" Leah asked as she yawned

"I think you've just answered your own question" Irene smiled

"I'll see you later" Leah smiled as she kissed Roman

"Yea" Roman replied

"Can't you tell me anything?" Xiaver asked Angelo as he looked to where Ruby and Charlie were. "I mean, just a little bit?"

Angelo looked to Xaiver and then to Charlie and Ruby. He wanted to tell Xavier, just so Xavier could know that Ruby wasn't in any danger, or going to be hurt. But he knew it wasn't his thing to say. Ruby would tell Xavier in her own time. "I wish I could mate, but Ruby has to tell you"

"Did she tell you? Charlie I mean. Did she tell you? I mean, if Ruby knows Charlie isn't her sister than surely Charlie knows too"

Angelo rose to his feet and wiped the sand from his trousers. He then walked upto Xaiver and placed his hand on Xavier shoulder before removing it "Charlie told me. And it was the hardest thing she has ever had to do. It took so much out of Charlie to tell me, and I'm sure it'll do the same to Ruby. Don't force the situation"

"It has to be bad. It has to be. If its taking this long to tell me and she's only telling me little pieces. What am I supposed to think? Its making me crazy" Xavier spoke with a teary voice.

Angelo was unsure of what to do, he and Xavier hadn't always been the best of friends; they never had a reason to be. "Look, I don't know if a hug will help, but, it helped me" Angelo said as he opened his arms.

Xavier turned to see Angelo with his arms open. Takne aback at first, Xaiver slowly leaned toward Angelo for the hug he never thought he'd recieve.

Ruby nervously walked ahead of Charlie to where Xavier and Angelo were stood. Charlie walked slowly behind, her leg was causing her a great deal of pain, but she pushed it aside to help Ruby. As the approach to Xavier and Angelo became shorter, Ruby stopped and waited for Charlie to take the last four steps to catch her up.

"I don't know what to say" Ruby said as a tear rolled down her cheek

"Say what comes to you" Charlie replied as she wiped the tear form Ruby's face

"So, nothing" Ruby sadly smiled

"Something will come to you" Charlie replied "And I'm here if you need me"

"Thanks" Ruby replied, smiling slightly as another tear fell from her watery eye.

Xaiver walked the rest of the way to Ruby. Angelo followed behind, much like Charlie did when she followed Ruby along the path.

"You ok?" Xavier asked as he looked to Ruby

Ruby nodded. "I'm fine. But I don't think you will be"

Xaiver removed his hands from his pockets and folded them across his chest. Angelo moved around to stand next to Charlie, who was fighting of the pain that was emitting from her leg.

"If Charlie isn't your sister. And Ross isn't your dad. Who are they?" Xaiver asked as he unfolded his arms and dropped them to his side.

Ruby looked to Charlie and then back to Xavier. "My mother and grandfather"

Thank you so much for the lovely comments. I really do enjoy reading them xx:wub:

I hope this one is ok, I'm not so keen. :unsure:

I did post one last night (which I thought was better) but I lost connection before it registered.

Chapter 85

The waves crashed upon the rocks that made up the hill side. Spray from the sea filled the air and drizzled down like a light shower of rain.

The children ran along the beach, laughing as they chased one another, their parents following behind watching with smiles on their faces.

Lovers sat on the sand, looking out to the calm waters that appeared to be far away from where they were sitting. Hands moved across the sand until they had met. The connection between their hands concluded the passionate tension that had built up over the few weeks they had got to know one another.

All this is gone. Xav will never see me the same way again. I've ruined everything. Why did I have to open my big mouth? Why did Charlie tell me the truth? Why did this have to happen? Why did Charlie have to be... why did he...... a tear rolled down Ruby's cheek. She looked back to Xaiver, whose expression hadn't changed. He still looked as shocked as he did before.

"Xav please. Say something" Ruby cried

Charlie brought her hand to her mouth, trying to stop her cries escaping her. She hated seeing Ruby the way she was; if was all too familiar, Ruby was shakey, edgy, unsure, alone in the sense of thinking, teary, nervous all what Charlie herself had been sixteen years earlier. Angelo saw the change in Charlie, he knew what Charlie wanted to do, and knew what she was thinking; what she wanted to do. He walked slowly around to her and placed his arm around Charlie's shoulders. He didn't want to make things too muncomfortable for Ruby and Xavier, so he fought his feelings and kept his words and actions to himself.

"Please, Xavier. Talk to me, tell me what you're thinking" Ruby cried once more, outstretching her shaky hands toward Xavier's.

Xavier's voice missed, he took a breath in, just as he was about to speak, the action caused him to flinch backward just as Ruby's hand's touched his. Tears fell from Ruby's eyes upon witnessing Xavier's reaction. Ruby helplessly looked to Charlie who took a step forward but to no use, Ruby had already began to run to the other end of the beach.

"Ruby" Charlie cried

"Charlie no, leave her be" Angelo said as he stopped Charlie from a run

"She needs me Angelo" Charlie cried as she tried to free herself from Angelo's grasp

"I think she needs Xaiver" Angelo said as he looked to Xavier, who was watching Ruby as she continued to run, seemingly faster.

"Sorry" Xaiver said as he looked to Charlie and then ran off in the direction Ruby had gone in.

"Let me go Angelo" Charlie shouted as she continued to watch Ruby run, now followed by Xaiver

"Charlie listen. Ruby needs time to think, and time to talk to Xaiver alone. If you're there she wont be able to do that" Angelo explained

Charlie broke down in Angelo's arms. All the pain from the truth re-surfaced, only now it was getting worse. Charlie knew she couldn't take much more of this reaction to the revelation. Angelo barely caught Charlie in his arms as she cried hard into his chest.

"Shh...I've got you" Angelo calmy whispered in Charlie's ear, hoping to calm her down from her histeric.

Ruby sat on a rock under the tree that over looked the bay. From where she was she could see the shed on the wharfe where the accident happened, she could see the diner and surf club, she could see Charlie and Angelo -or at least the two very small dots that were Charlie and Angelo- and she could also see Xaiver come into focus. Ruby looked to Xaiver and then to the ground. She brought her legs close to her and rested her head on her knees, she wrapped her arms around her legs and let the tears fall from her eyes.

"Hey" Xaiver said as he walked the last few steps to Ruby's side.

"Hey" Ruby replied.

"Look, I'm sorry" Xaiver began

"Why are you sorry?" Ruby asked, not breaking her focus on the ground

"For not saying something. I should have said something" Xaiver answered

"Like what?" Ruby asked

"I don't know. Anything" Xaiver replied as he knealt on the ground next to Ruby "How long have you known?" Xavier asked "That Charlie is your mum I mean?"

"A few weeks" Ruby replied, wiping the tears from her face. "I walked into the room when Charlie was telling Morag about the reason for the scar Charlie has"

"A few weeks? And you didn't come to me sooner?" Xaiver said

"I had other things on my mind Xav" Ruby retorted

"I could have helped, I could have been there for you"

"What would you have done Xav?" Ruby asked

"Listened, been the punch bag, anything" Xaiver replied. Ruby slowly looked up from the ground and then to Xaiver "I'm listening now" Xaiver added.

Ruby looked to Xaiver harder, she saw in his eyes that he wanted to know the truth and that he wanted to help. Taking a deep breath and looking back to where she had left Charlie and Angelo, Ruby began "When Charlie was fourteen, she was...her boyfriend......

With Charlie calm and sat on the bench, Angelo looked in the direction Ruby had ran. He didn't see much, but he hoped Ruby would open up to Xaiver, like Charlie had done with him. Happy with the knowledge that Ruby was with Xaiver, Angelo turned around to face Charlie. He sat beside her and took her hand in his. Charlie shivered as a cold wind blew passed her. She grabbed her leg as another wave of pain went through her leg. "Charlie" Angelo said worringly "What's wrong?" He added as he let Charlie's hand go and moved himself forward with his hands out, ready to catch her if she fell.

Charlie shivered once more "My leg" She gasped. Angelo looked to Charlie's leg and then back to Charlie's face. The colour in her face vansihed quickly and Charlie's body slumped on the bench as her body went limp. "Oh my god, Charlie!" Angelo shouted as he grabbed her from her slumbered state. "Don't do this to me" He cried as he carried her to the diner.

"Irene! Roman! Colleen!" He shouted "Anyone" He added with a voice of desperation

"Angelo?" Nicole said as she walked around the corner of the diner "Oh my god" She said as she saw Charlie slumped in his arms "What happened?"

"She passed out. Is anyone in there?" Angelo replied

"No, they've gone home. Can I help?"

"Get the keys from my pocket, you're driving us to the hospital" Angelo said as he put his right hip toward Nicole, signalling for her to reach in and grab his car keys.

Nicole ran to the car, followed by Angelo who walked with a quicken pace. "Get in" Angelo said to Nicole as he sat in the back seat with Charlie still in his arms.

Ruby wiped the tears from her face. "And I realised, that, even though I was lied to my whole life, I was lucky. Charlie could have had me adopted out of the family, even out of the country, but she didn't. She's so amazing and after everything that has happened to her, not only then but now, she's still staying strong. I could never have done that. I don't think I could have woken up each day and look at the child I carried for nine months after something as horrible as that and still love it as much as Charlie loves me" Ruby sniffed "I don't hate her and I don't hate Ross. I understand why they did what they did"

"Poor Charlie. I can't belive that happened. And you, I never thought....I never see...I..."

"I know I look nothing like him, and I know I have never done"

"How do you know that?" Xaiver asked

"Charlie and Ross showed me pictures of me when I was a baby. Then they showed me a picture of Charlie when she was a baby. Other than the eye colour, we look the same" Ruby replied as she wiped the one lone tear that escaped the corner of her eye.

"And that's why you asked me if I looked like Ross and Charlie" Xaiver said, joining the dots together.

"Yea" Ruby nodded. "Xav, I'm sorry about this" Ruby began as she played with her fingers"I've wanted to tell you for so long, but, however hard this is on me, its ten times worse for Charlie. And, I didn't want Charlie to have to face all those feelings again so soon after the accident"

"Rubes, you have nothing to be sorry for. I can understand how hard this is for you. For all of you, and I'm glad that you found a way to tell me. And I promise I'll do everything I can to help make this as easy for you as possible"

Ruby smiled. "Really?"

"Really" Xaiver replied.

Rachel rushed down the corridor and placed her stethoscope around her neck and met up with Nicole and a panic-stricken Angelo who carried Charlie in his arms.

"What happened?"

"I don't know, one minute she was fine and then the next she collapsed" Angelo answered as she watched Rachel listen to Charlie's heart beat

"She didn't say anything to you? Did this just come out of nowhere?" Rachel asked

"Erm, no, she went shivery, and then she said her leg was hurting and then she shivered again and then.." Angelo answered, broken off by the tears that had over powered him

Nicole walked to Angelo and offered him a hug, he gladly accepted.

"Where are Charlie and Angelo?" Ruby asked as she and Xavier walked back to the bench where they had last seen them

"Maybe they left" Xaiver said as he looked around

"No, Charlie said she'd be here for me" Ruby replied as she shook her head "Angelo's car isn't here"

"And Charlie's crutches are" Xaiver said as he pointed to the crutches thrown on the ground

Dread filled Ruby's body. "Oh my god. Charlie!" Ruby cried

"Wait, what" Xaiver said as Ruby began to head to the bus stop

"The hosptial. That's the only thing I can think of. Charlie must be there" Ruby cried

"Wait for me. I'm coming"

Thank you so much for the comments! I know I keep saying (or writing in this case lol :lol: ) it, but I really do appriciate the time you take to comment on this. xx

Chapter 86

Running across the road, a car blasted its horn at Ruby and Xaiver, who just continued running, not looking back at the car driver who had shouted abuse at them. The doors to the warm hospital opened and Ruby rushed through the small crowd of people who had gathered in the reception. Making her way through as qucikly as she could, Ruby felt Xaiver's hand reach for hers, a smile appeared on her face when she felt his hand clasp around hers, holding it so warmly and lovingly.

"Excuse me" Ruby polietly said with a teary voice and a water-glaze over her eyes.

"Can I help you?" The woman at the desk asked as she looked exhaustingly at the two teens

"Charlie Buckton, has she been admitted here?" Ruby asked

"Can I ask who you are?" The woman asked as she typed Charlie's name into the computer system

"I'm her sis.. daughter" Ruby replied

Xavier squeezed Ruby's hand, assuring her that things were going to be ok, that Charlie was fine and that he was there for her. Ruby looked around to Xaiver and smiled at him. "Yes, she is. If you go along the corridor and turn to the right, then follow the blue line, that should take you to the waiting area where your mum is" The woman replied.

"Thank you" Ruby smiled as she quickly began to make her way throught the crowd.

Nicole sat next to Angelo who had his head in his hands, sobbing quietly as he waited anxiously outside of the room where Charlie was been looked over by Rachel.

"Angelo" Ruby said as she ran down the corridor after letting Xaiver's hand go "What happened?"

Angelo rose to his feet and took Ruby in his arms as she cried "She collapsed. I don't know anything as of yet, Rachel is still looking at her" Angelo replied

"So, what? She just collapsed?" Ruby asked

"She said something about her leg hurting and then she shivered, then the colour went from her face and then she just went limp. I was so scared" Angelo answered, shaking in Ruby's arms.

"Angelo was a state, and Charlie didn't look too hot either" Nicole added.

Ruby looked up form Angelo and to Nicole "You brought them here?" Nicole nodded "Thank you"

"Don't mention it. I just hope Charlie is going to be ok" Nicole smiled

Leah sat on the couch watching Roman and VJ play on the playstation.

After Leah and Roman left the diner, they picked VJ up from his friends house and came home. VJ thought Charlie would be at home, but was a dissapointed to hear that she was spening some time with Ross, Morag, Ruby and Angelo. Roman only managed to cheer VJ up when he told VJ they could play on the playstation.

"Have you two boys worked up an hunger yet?" Leah smiled

"Yea" VJ and Roman replied at the same time, without stopping thier game.

"I'll go make something then shall I?" Leah asked

"Thank you" VJ replied.

Leah rose to her feet and turned around to find Xaiver and Nicole looking shocked and upset.

"Oh my god? are you two ok?" Leah asked as she rushed to them.

Roman stopped the game and walked over to Nicole. "Nic?"

Xavier looked and saw VJ looking over to them "Hey mate. Do you want to go out and play footie?" Xavier asked

"Yea, sure" VJ smiled as he rushed to his room and grabbed a football. "Come on then Xav" VJ smiled

Leah smiled to Xaiver when he walked out of the door. Roman helped Nicole to the couch and lowered her down gently. "Nic, what happened? Where have you been?"

"At the hospital" Nicole replied

"What? why? What's wrong?" Roman asked worringly

"Nothing with me" Nicole replied

"Well then who? Come on Nic, you're really starting to scare me now" Roman replied

"Charlie was taken back to hospital. She collapsed and we don't know what's wrong" Nicole answered, a tear fell from her eye.

"Oh my god, what happened?" Leah asked

"Angelo said that she complained about a pain in her leg, and then she just collapsed" Nicole answered

"Is she still there now?" Roman asked

"Yea" Nicole replied "But you can't go and see her. Its family only" Nicole added when she saw Roman rise to his feet

"So how come you and Xavier both know what happened?" Roman asked

"I drove Charlie and Angelo to the hosptial and Xaiver came in with Ruby" Nicole answered

"You drove? Nicole, your full licence hasn't come through yet. What were you thinking driving with out a proper licence" Roman asked

"At that moment in time I didn't care that I'm not supposed to drive. Charlie could no way drive and with Angelo the way he was, he wasn't able to drive. Besides, I had two officers in the car with me. I'm sure I'll be ok" Nicole replied "And I thought what Charlie is going through would be more inportant to worry about than me driving with no licence yet"

"It is, I know. I'm sorry. I just, I can't believe this" Roman replied as he sat back down on the couch "When did this happen?"

"About an hour ago. Angelo carried Charlie to the diner. He..."

"We only left an hour ago. We could have helped" Roman realised.

"Roman, don't blame yourself" Leah said, knowing exactly what Roman was thinking

"Leah, I know Charlie and I aren't together any more, but that doesn't mean I've stopped caring about her. And if there was a chance I could have helped then.."

"Roman stop. I know you still care about Charlie, she still cares for you too. But you can't blame yourself. Remember what your therapist told you. And Angelo was with Charlie, she's going to be ok" Leah said.

"Yea, dad. Ruby said she'd let Xaiver and I know how Charlie is as soon as she knows" Nicole added

"Do Ross and Morag know?" Roman asked

"Angelo rang them as soon as Charlie was taken into the room. But they were in the city when her rung, so, they may be a while" Nicole answered

Charlie fluttered her eyes open.

"Charlie?" Rachel smiled

"Rach?" Charlie replied groggily

"How are you feeling?" Rachel asked

"Tired. Achy" Charlie replied

"Do you remember what happened?" Rachel asked

"I remember standing with Angelo, and having a horrible pain in my leg." Charlie replied

"You don't remember anything else?" Rachel asked

"Only that my leg was killing me" Charlie smiled

"Well, you have a blood clot in your leg. Its a common occurance after an operation like the one you've had" Rachel began

"A blood clot?" Charlie repeated, worried

"Its nothing to worry about, we've got you on Heparin, its a drug tht thins your blood to reduce the blood clot. We will have to keep you in over night, just to make sure we are giving you the correct doseage, but other than that, you're fine"

"So why did I collapse?" Charlie asked as she pushed herself up the bed

"Pain. Usually a patient would come straight in as soon as they feel the first bit of pain, but I know how you feel about hospitals"

"Its not just that Rach" Charlie replied

"What is it?" Rachel asked, sensing something amiss

"The baby I had" Charlie began

"Charlie, I told you, I don't need to know about that"

"I know you don't. But I want to tell you" Charlie smiled. Rachel sat down next to Charlie "I was fourteen when I had the baby. My pelvis was very small, thats the reason for the crack in my pelvis and the reason for the scar. I had a little girl"

Rachel looked to Charlie. A realisation hit Rachel. "The baby. Is she...?"

"Ruby?" Rachel nodded "Yes" Charlie replied

"Oh my god" Rachel gasped.

"I was stood talking to Ruby, Xaiver and Angelo when I first was hit by the pain in my leg. But with everything going on, I didn't say anything. So I just kept quiet"

"Charlie, I understand why would want to keep this to yourself, but the trauma to your leg you have suffered needs time to heal properly. Any pains, discomfort or change in colour, you need to come back here so we can check things out. I don't want you to have to go through any more pain then is needed"

"I know. I just, I just want to help Ruby before I help myself" Charlie replied

"I know you do. Any parent would. But in this situation, you have to put yourself first" Rachel replied as she took Charlie's hand. "Do you want me to let Ruby and Angelo in?"

"Please" Charlie smiled

Thank you so much Carina, Danni, Sam, Sarah, Charis your comments mean so much :wub:

And thank you for reading to those who read xx

Chapter 87

Xaiver walked into his house in a daze. He didn't see Gina and John sitting at the table with some food set in front of them, he didn't see that he had some clothes to put away in his room, he didn't see that the TV was on, in fact, he didn't notice anything. All that he did, he did in a trance. His eyes focused on nothing but forward. He slowly opened the fridge and grabbed a can of soda from the door before he shut the door and sat on the couch. Once again, he took no notice of anything that was going on around him. One thing merged into another, the table and the chair, the voices coming from the TV and that of his mum and John. The coulurs in the room merged together also.

But the one thing that was continually playing throught his mind and plauging his minds eye and ear was that which Ruby had told him. That Charlie wasn't her sister, but in fact her mother. And that Charlie was raped as a teen which resulted in Ruby. Xaiver didn't want to believe that his girlfriend came from something so evil, but he never once saw that, never saw the evilness of the action emit from Ruby, all he saw was the loving, caring, fun, happy beautiful girl he had seen everyday for the last three years. And he could also see that that's how Charlie saw Ruby. If he had a million guesses, he would never have said that Charlie hates or would ever hate Ruby. The love that Charlie had for Ruby was obvious in the way she was there for Ruby; not only today, but in the past, even when Charlie and Ruby first arrived in the bay.

"Xaiver?" Gina softly said as she stood behind Xaiver. Xaiver never flinched. He stared in front of him. Looking at nothing, but at the same time, staring at something. "Xaiver? Are you ok?" Gina asked as she placed a hand on Xaiver's shoulder. Once again, Xaiver didn't flinch. Not even when Gina's hand made contact with his shoulder. "Ok, Xaiver you are really starting to scare me now" Gona said as she moved herself in front of Xaiver "What's going on?" Gina added as she made sure she was stood in Xaiver's eye line. "Xaiver?" Gina said once more when Xaiver's eyes never moved.

"Everything alright?" John asked as he walked over

"He's not responding" Gina worringly said "What should I do?" Gina asked desperately to John

John shrugged his shoulders. Then, he looked to Xaiver's hand "Wait" John smiled as he reached for the can in Xaiver's hand.

"John? What are you going to do?" Gina asked as she watched the grin appear on John's face

John poured the soda above Xaiver's head. The fizz washed over Xaiver's haed and dripped off the end of his nose. "Xaiver?" John said as he watched Xaiver, still in his trance "Oh for god's sake" John added as he gently slapped Xaiver.

"What the hell?" Xiaver siad as he snapped out of his trance

"You were out of it" Gina quickly said as she watched Xaiver rub his cheek. "Has something happened?"

Xaiver looked to Gina, he could see the worry in her eyes. "Nothing has happened" Xaiver replied, unsure of whether or not he should tell Gina

"Xaiver please. You've been home ten minutes now and you've only just come back from been with the pixies" Gina replied "If something has happened please, tell me" Gina added as she took Xavier's hand.

Xaiver could tell by the way Gina was gripping his hand that she wasn't going to give up finding out the truth. "Its about Ruby. And Charlie" Xaiver began.

"I'll go out for a while" John siad as he backed away slowly, knowing that Xaiver would probably only want to tell Gina

"Thanks" Gina smiled as she looked to John briefly.

Xaiver smiled to John also and watched as he left the house. "Well?" Gina asked

"Charlie is Ruby's mum" Xiaver blurted out, unsure of the right words to use.

Gina's mouth dropped. "She what?"

"Charlie is Ruby's mum" Xaiver repeated

"Are you sure?" Gina wondered

"Yes. Ruby just told me now. She told me that after the accident, doctors found a crack or something in Charlie's hip or pelvis or somewhere there, and they also found a caesar scar" Xaiver replied. Gina looked to Xaiver in disbelief. "Give it an hour and you'll be like me"

"So, Charlie is Ruby's mum? Charlie has a sixteen year old daughter?" Xaiver nodded "Charlie doesn't look old enough to have a teenage daughter. Hasn't Charlie only just turned thirty?"

"Yea" Xaiver replied

"So. what? Charlie got pregnant really young and couldn't raise the baby? I mean, Ruby?"

"Sort of" Xaiver replied, knowing that Gina would be thinking Charlie was careless and got pregnant

"What do you mean sort of?" Gina asked

Xaiver shook his head. "Look.I'm only just getting my head around all this. Can we just drop it?"

Xaiver and Gina turned suddenly when they heard a pot crashing to the ground.

"Oh my giddy aunt!" Colleen gasped as she brought her hands to her face.

"Colleen no" Xiaver said as he jumped over the couch to try and catch Colleen, who had already plodded off.

Leah's eyes dotted back and forth as she watch Roman pace. He walked the same path ever since Xiaver had left half an hour ago.

"Roman stop" Leah said for the millionth time. "This isn't helping"

"How do you know what's helping and what isn't helping? Charlie collapsed outside the diner whilst I was still there. I could have help, I could have stopped this from happening"

"Roman, there was nothing you could have done differently that Nicole and Angelo didn't do. They got her to the hospital where she needed to be" Leah replied

"But.."

"Stop. Come and sit here and relax. If you stress anymore about this I'll have to take you to see Sid or Rachel. You're councellor told you to keep the stress in your life to a minimum" Leah remineded

"But Charlie is a part of my life. I can't turn my back on her" Roman said as he hit his leg with frustration

Leah sighed. She could understand where Roman was coming from; after the break up and coming to terms with his new relationship and Charlie's new relationship, Roman accepted his and Charlie's friendship with open arms. Charlie's friendship meant a lot to Roman, and as a friend, he felt it ok to worry and stress. But Leah also knew the set backs Roman could have in his own recovery if he let the stress of what has happened to Charlie get to him. "Maybe you should cut Charlie out of your life for a while" Roman gave her a side glance "I don't mean permanantly, I mean for a short while until you are fully recovered"

"Leah, I am fully recovered. The drinking is all behind me. But I am not going to push Charlie's friendship away just because of what some guy who doesn't know me tells me is the best thing for me. I know me better than anyone"

"Ok, I get that. But, do you really think Charlie would want you to worry about her whilst you are still in recovery?" Leah put forward

"No" Roman replied.

"Look, why don't you and Nicole stay here tonight?" Leah offered

"Thanks" Roman smiled as he finally sat next to Leah.

Hi Morag it's Angelo. Look, I know you and Ross have only probably just got to the city but Charlie has been taken back to hospital. She collapsed. I don't know what's wrong with her, Rachel has only just taken her into the room. I'm with her, but if you can get her as soon as you can or ring me as soon as you get this that would be great. Thanks

Morag brought the phone down away from her ear. She looked over her shoulder to see the stream of traffice that had built up behind her. In front she saw the same as what was behind her. An accident on the road a few miles ahead had caused the roads to come to a standstill. Morag and Ross got caught up in the traffic two hours ago.

Morag then looked to her left. Ross was fast asleep in the front passenger seat. She smiled to herelf as she watched Ross sleep before she began to turn the car around.

"Hello? Angelo?....I'm fine, listen, Ross and I are on our way back now, I've only just got your message. We may be a little late, there's been an accident and we've got caught up in it.......ok.....And have you seen Charlie yet?.........You're going in now?........and how's Ruby?.....good, right, well, Ross and I will be there as soon as we can......and you. See you soon" Morag hung up and then continued to drive back down the road she had just driven up. The road was clear so Morag took the opportunity to floor it and make up time.

"Charlie" Angelo smiled as he walked along the side of the bed to where Charlie was laying.

Ruby rushed in behind Angelo and sat on the bed, taking Charlie's hand in hers "Hey"

"Hey" Charlie smiled.

"How you feeling?" Angelo asked after his kissed Charlie on her forehead

"I'm fine, a little tired, but fine." Charlie replied. Charlie then looked to Ruby who was looking happy and sad at the same time. "And how are you?" Charlie asked as she moved her hand so Ruby would knw that Charlie was talking to her.

"Me?" Charlie nodded "I'm fine. Why would you ask me?"

"Because of what you were going to tell Xaiver" Charlie replied

"Oh. We don't need to talk about that now. We're here for you" Ruby smiled

"And I said I'd be here for you and seem as though I haven't followed through on that yet; tell me" Charlie said

"I think he was ok with it" Ruby replied. "I mean, he was shocked at first, anyone would be, but, when we talked more, I realised I was worrying about telling him for nothing" Ruby continued

"I told you you had nothing to worry about" Charlie smiled

"Yea" Ruby smiled. "So, have they said what was wrong? Why you collapsed?" Ruby asked

"A blood clot" Charlie replied.

"What? Oh my god" Ruby worringly said

"Rubes it fine" Charlie began

"Charlie, no it isn't. A blood clot is a bad thing. They can kill" Angelo put forward

"I'm with Angelo Charlie. Its not fine. You need to start taking better care of yourself" Ruby agreed

"I'm getting the treatment I need, stop worrying" Charlie said

"No. You can't have anything else happen to you. That's it. I'm talking to Mrs. Austin and getting time off school" Ruby said as she began to get off the bed

"No you won't" Charlie said as she re-grabbed Ruby's hand. "I'm a big girl Rubes, I can take care of my self"

"I want to help. Please, let me help" Ruby replied as she put herself back on the bed next to Charlie

"Worry about yourself. Not me, that will help" Charlie replied

"Angelo? A little help here" Ruby said to Angelo

"I'm with Charlie" Angelo said as he held his hands up.

"Charlie, I said I'd be with you until the end, so please, let me be there until the end" Ruby said as a tear rolled down her cheek

"Rubes, I love that you are so concerned about me, but I'm the one who's supposed to be worried about you. I'll be ok" Charlie replied, touched by Ruby's selflishness

"You sure?" Charlie nodded "And when you are discharged from here you'll take it easy?" Charlie nodded once more "And you'll ring me or talk to me whenever you have a problem? Or need to vent at someone?" Charlie nodded once again "OK"

"So, speaking of discharge, when are you allowed home?" Angelo asked as he took Charlie's other hand

"Tomorrow hopefully. Rachel wants to keep me in over night to make sure I'm having the right doseage of Heparin"

"Heparin? What's that?" Ruby asked

"A blood thinner. Its to get rid of the clot" Charlie answered

"Jeez, after all this is over, you'll be immune to all the drugs the hospital have" Angelo smiled

Charlie hit him gently as she smiled. "Mean"

Archived