Todd Lasance cast in Cloud Street Mini Series

Guest Anaya

Todd Lasance can redeem himself on Cloudstreet mini-series

Herald Sun February 03, 2010 12:00AM

HIS future in Hollywood remains uncertain, but former Home and Away actor Todd Lasance has been thrown a lifeline and is set to star in one of the year's most anticipated local mini-series.

The actor who was last week found guilty of using cocaine - but had no conviction recorded - has landed a major role in a TV adaptation of Tim Winton's acclaimed novel Cloudstreet.

Production begins in Perth on Monday and offers Lasance a chance to rehabilitate his tattered image after being arrested in December for cocaine possession at his farewell party from the Channel 7 soap.

But it also represents a setback to his international ambitions, as he was planning to move to Los Angeles on January 15.

"Failure is not an option," he said of his Hollywood quest just one week before his December 12 arrest.

The Cloudstreet role will, however, allow him to prove his acting credentials after he was cast late in the audition process to play Quick, a son in the Lamb family, one of two central families in the story.

Lasance will star with Stephen Curry, Geoff Morrell, Kerry Fox and Emma Booth in the six-hour mini-series being produced for pay-TV's Showcase channel.

Lasance's agent, Matt Andrews, confirmed the casting, but would not comment any further on his client, who would need special clearance from US immigration if he were to work in Hollywood.

A former colleague at Seven was pleased for the actor after the shame of being found with 0.36g of cocaine in his pocket.

"This really is great news for Todd, because what's been lost in all of this is that he is a very good actor, and this will give him a chance to prove that," the ex-colleague said.

Source

--

Ex-colleague/unnamed source or made up person that said that last part is spot on. Todd is a brilliant actor & I'm glad he's back on track. Anyway the series sounds great too with a great cast. :)

Ugh, I had to read that book at uni. Couldn't stand the name "Quick"... or "Fish" :rolleyes:. I'm not looking forward to watching a mini-series of it, but I'll do it, for Todd. If I remember to have my friend tape it off Showcase, that is...

Sounds great for Todd; although wonder how long his US Immigration will take to get sorted, if that's even possible; will he have to wait the full year of 'good behaviour' before trying to enter the US I wonder.

Hope it'll be available to watch on Youtube or somewhere for us poor kids in Ireland :D

Sounds great for Todd; although wonder how long his US Immigration will take to get sorted, if that's even possible; will he have to wait the full year of 'good behaviour' before trying to enter the US I wonder.

Hope it'll be available to watch on Youtube or somewhere for us poor kids in Ireland :D

Yeah I was wondering if he has to stay put for a year first as well! At least he's getting work in the meantime, it will all help

Symphony, your right he does have to wait a year before trying to enter the US, it'd mentioned in this article.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/...o-1225823204229

Archived