Todd Lasance cast in Cloud Street Mini Series

Guest Anaya

I had to read Cloudstreet in year 11 and really didn't like it, but I may be pursuaded to watch it now. Also, I wonder where in Perth they will film? This is really good for Todd, and I wish him all the best.

• 3 weeks later...

Well there are two families living in one house, and the house is haunted because a bunch of girls were mistreated by some old woman there, but the only one who can see or hear the ghosts is Fish, because Quick almost let him drown years ago and now he's mentally disabled, and their mother (I think) lives in a tent in the yard because she doesn't like the vibe of the house, and... it's just a really irritating, contrived story and the names of the characters are TERRIBLE! And at some point Quick "glows", which my teacher was obsessed with because apparently he'd never heard of the term "magic realism," which is where random supernatural things happen in an otherwise realistic story... God I hated studying that book, so very very much. I'm almost ashamed of myself for letting this information take up so much space in my tiny memory.

We also studied "Loaded" and "The Hunter." Why couldn't Todd be in TV-movies of THOSE books?? Although Loaded has already been made into a movie, but that's not the point damn it! >.< They could do a remake! I'm sure Todd could play a drug-taking, random-sex-having, bisexual, music-addicted, anti-social Greek boy living in inner-city Melbourne... :mellow: Well... he could definitely play "The Hunter" who is looking for the last Tasmanian Tiger... Okay fine! So out of those three books, "Cloudstreet" is probably the one he's most suited to, but that doesn't mean I have to like it <_<

Sorry for the ramble, it's been many weeks since I've had the internet to vent on :ph34r:

• 3 weeks later...

all is good, saw on the news tonight that they've made a street, just for cloudstreet. on a day off. i might pop down there on the train or something and go check it out take a few photos. if we are alloud down there.. dont see why we cant be alloud too, but thanks for that :'D

awide420x0.jpg

Two of the Cloudstreet actors walking amongst us decided the WA Miss Universe final held on Friday night was the perfect event to get out on the town.

Stephen Curry, best known for his hilarious turn in The Castle, and former Home & Away star Todd Lasance checked out the girls on parade at Burswood Park.

Happy to chat with the fans that approached hoping for a photo, the actors attended the event's after party at Eve nightclub before heading home to rest up for the shoot that continues this week.

They, along with fellow cast members Emma Booth, Kerry Fox and Essie Davis will remain in Perth for the next few months filming the Tim Winton classic which is set to become a television miniseries.

Source

--

Todd & the other Curry brother. :P

• 1 year later...

It's a Cloudstreet forecast

* Tristan Swanwick

* March 18, 2011 12:00AM

584718cloudstreet.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

THE long-awaited launch of the television version of Tim Winton's iconic novel Cloudstreet is almost nigh.

Showtime Australia have announced the series will enjoy its world premiere on Sunday, May 22 at 8.30pm on the Showcase channel on Foxtel and Austar.

The highly anticipated mini-series stars Stephen Curry, Emma Booth, Geoff Morrell and Todd Lasance and is produced by Screentime who are the creators of Underbelly.

Source

Archived