7 Two showing episodes from 2000's

Guest vinny

it will all come down to (unfortunatly) ratings

Do you know where we can see/find out how these episodes are rating on the channel?!

What I don't get, is that surely having these episodes which cost nothing to air again I presume, then surely they should just air them? Plus you'd think it would definitely benefit the show long-term; if people are taking an interest in the Early Years than they may want to tune in to the new show, and vice versa - I certainly know that before the Xmas break I preferred Neighbours overall as a show, but down to the fact that I'm enjoying watching the Early Years so much over this break, I'm really getting back into Home and Away more as an overall brand because the Early Years are making me more excited to see the 2010 season when it comes back on air...

I like "Old H&A Fan"'s suggestion that we should all form a protest at Seven, the problem being that I wouldn't be able to come living in England. :(

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At the moment I would assume it's very much finding it's feet and looking at how some UK digital channels have evolved after their first couple of years on air, we shouldn't take anything for granted.

That's true...Although there will be a new channel coming from the network in 2010, so with this new 7THREE or whatever they call it, it will give them greater options and hopefully wont decide to get rid of Home and Away. as Ryan said too, although I don't think a 9.30am slot for the 90's episodes would be particularly suitable (as the younger demographics will be at school), at least with a earlier morning slot they aren't usually as fussed about the ratings.

Originally when they took Home and Away Early Years off air in 2003, they actually said it was because of the Common Wealth Games, and that they would be back on after them, but obviously they didn't return and then came the contractual clause excuse, so who knows!

• 3 weeks later...

I don't mean to offend or anything but personally i'm sick to death of people sooking and whinging for episodes from the year 2000+ then when they get them they sook for Early Years episodes I mean I want to see episodes from around the time Bobby died but i'm quite happy to wait untill 7Two actually get there (if they do :rolleyes: ) and let's face it 2000 was a let down from 1999 in my opinion.

Home and Away: The Early Years is just that EARLY YEARS which need to be shown in order if we skipped from Episode #60 to say Episode # 3039 there would be serious continuity errors.

In conclusion I just want to say;

Stop whinging and just WAIT if it takes 10+ years then so be it <_<

I think if you watch it each day, you'll actually be surprised how quickly people turn up and leave. For some reason that escapes me now I was going through the 2007 season and then I suddenly realised, that was three years ago. I'm not saying it will happen overnight, but if it's still going, I'm sure some of us will be surprised in August/September when we actually realise that we've just watched the entire first season and almost not noticed it.

Archived