7 Two showing episodes from 2000's

Guest vinny

Don't you wish we could see episodes of Home and Away from the naughties (2000's ) eg

7TWO could show at 9.30am Home and Away - The Early Years then 10 am - Home and Away - The Early 2000's

It would be interesting seeing the storylines and episodes from the year 2000 and onwards to around 2004.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't you wish we could see episodes of Home and Away from the naughties (2000's ) eg

7TWO could show at 9.30am Home and Away - The Early Years then 10 am - Home and Away - The Early 2000's

It would be interesting seeing the storylines and episodes from the year 2000 and onwards to around 2004.

If I'm honest I think I'd much prefer TTwo to air 2 episodes of the Early Episodes at a time rather than 2 episodes from different eras. I wouldn't be against the idea as such. In fact I would probably watch it if they did start airing 2000 episodes, but I think it's a lot less confusing if they just show more episodes from the same era. :)

After 1996, Home And Away was never as good as it was before then. I would much rather see the Great 1995 episodes than to watch anything after 1996.

I am concerned that if they showed 2 episodes at a time, they cut the beginnings and ends off, because when Home And Away was shown like this in the repeat run in 1999, they always cut the end of the first episode off, and the beginning of the second off. If they do show 2 episodes a day again, can they assure us they won't make any such edits???

Personally no since I've got every episode bar one or two since 2841. I think though it's always going to a problem. In a run of 5000 episodes, there's always going to be episodes that people wnat to see more than others and not everyone is going to be happy and not all are going to pleased. Hopefully in 2020 perhaps we will get to Jesse, Joel and Judith.

There is a part of me that is just resigned to the idea that 7TWO will definitely take Home and Away off air again at the same time as they did last time they repeated... just after Debra Lawrence started as Pippa in 1990. We still don't actually know if the 'contract problems' have been resolved and that was the reason 7 always gave as to why the early years couldn't be shown and they couldn't release any past episodes onto DVD. Living TV in the UK also skipped from around the very same time in the 1990 season to the second half of 1996 season, missing mostly of what was the 'golen era', so that didn't make sense. Maybe and hopfully by the time we reach the 1990 season, the contracts they were going on about will have expired and they will be free to air whatever they want! I really want to see the entire run up until at least the mid/late 90's, but I cant see them being shown at 9.30am.

As for episodes from 00's - I wouldn't watch them personally, to me they feel so recent and we have access to a lot of stuff from that era already on websites, youtube etc what with the UK always doing specials and such there seems to be a whole load of episodes available. I also think it would be a bit of a messy schedule to have 3 lots of Home and Away on all different eras shown everyday.

It will be interesting to see what happens two episodes before Meg's death though if we get that far.

What makes you say "If we get that far"? Do you think 7Two could pull HANDA: The Early Years from the schedule? I was hoping it would be here to stay... :(

Well Episode 973 is 3 and a half years away or so. At that point, 7Two will be three and half a years old, it will most likely be a growing and changing channel in that time. For me, it's a good mid morning type show, a time when shows are filler.

I remember pointing out the coincidence at how the episodes Living skipped were almost exactly the Michael era. Whether there is anything behind this or just coincidence?

Well, if they do ever cancel The Early Years from 7TWO, what we should do is get serious and actually hold a protest rally outside ATN7 in Sydney Central, and demand answers. We have been waiting FAR TOO LONG for those episodes as it is. We are sick and tired of waiting through unexplained cancellations and silence or misinformation as to why we can't watch those episodes if we can't.

I've always thought the "contractual reasons" line is more of a convenient excuse than an actual fact - they had no problem resurrecting clips for episode 4000 after all. Plus one would assume that on signing a contract to appear in a show, your work on that show becomes property of the company making it. I can't believe that Seven would put in a clause stating "we won't repeat these episodes" - very odd on their part if they have.

Whether or not they continue to be shown or not is another matter - it will all come down to (unfortunatly) ratings, and also the direction the channel takes over the next couple of years. At the moment I would assume it's very much finding it's feet and looking at how some UK digital channels have evolved after their first couple of years on air, we shouldn't take anything for granted.

Archived