Happy Jodi washes away her troubles

Guest Anaya

Happy Jodi washes away her troubles

Sunday Herald Sun, December 19, 2009 10:59PM

076796jodigordon.jpg

JODI Gordon has hit the beach looking healthy and relaxed - a sign that she is over the drugs scandal that plagued the Home and Away actor this year.

In June Gordon entered drug and alcohol rehabilitation after going on a public bender with a Sydney bikie, but six months later she appears happy with new boyfriend, Sydney rugby league player Braith Anasta, by her side.

A happy and healthy Gordon must be music to the ears of Channel 7 executives - given that the latest drug scandal to engulf Home and Away saw Logie winner Todd Lasance charged with cocaine possession in Sydney during the week.

The incident led to claims that some members of the Home and Away cast have a drug problem. Sources said the network would now apply a "two strikes and you're out" policy to stars caught with drugs.

Seven has systems in place for such situations and employed them when managing the Gordon situation.

Lasance was hosting a farewell party at Sydney nightclub Kit and Kaboodle, but was allegedly caught in the toilets by police and later arrested. He was set to go to the US next year to further his career, but those plans seem doomed.

----

Jodi Gordon and Braith Anasta ocean romance

The Sunday Telegraph, December 20, 2009 12:01AM

042139jodigordonbraitha.jpg

JODI Gordon and rugby league star Braith Anasta publicly displayed their love for the first time as they enjoyed a swim at Coogee Beach last week.

It's Gordon's first relationship since she broke up with media heir Ryan Stokes in June after she went on a cocaine-fuelled bender with Kings Cross bikie Mark Judge.

The Home And Away star was affectionate towards Anasta, the Roosters captain, as they frolicked in the waves on Wednesday, before chatting happily over coffee at a local cafe.

After a turbulent and troubled year, Home and Away actress Jodi Gordon appears to be moving on with life. Having split from media heir Ryan Stokes in June and being embroiled in a drug scandal, Gordon is now spending her down time with star footballer Braith Anasta, who recently split from model Erin McNaught.

Exclusive photographs obtained by The Sunday Telegraph show the pair frolicking at popular Coogee beach last Wednesday, enjoying the summer sun and a refreshing swim.

Afterwards, having changed into fresh clothes, the couple chatted happily over a coffee at a local cafe.

On Thursday, the pair were again spotted walking on the beach. "This is a new friendship developing," said a source close to Gordon. "They're definitely hanging out a lot. Jodi is normally pretty careful and knows she's in the public eye so wouldn't be out and about to be photographed if she didn't want to be."

Neither Gordon nor Anasta returned The Sunday Telegraph's calls.

The paper's gossip writer, Ros Reines, broke news of the new coupling early last month after the pair were spotted cosying up at a screening of the Vince Vaughn/Kristin Davis film Couples Retreat - a comedy about dysfunctional relationships.

Anasta's agent and leading Sydney accountant Greg Willett confirmed Gordon and the Roosters captain were "good friends" but wouldn't comment further on his personal relationships. Mr Willet has been a long time associate of the Gordon family, and does their taxes.

"They're obviously together if you've got pictures of them together," said Mr Willett. "They're really good friends but I can't say what the situation is. Her family are my clients as well so I do all of their taxes. There's a link that way I guess."

Gordon and Channel Seven executive Stokes parted company following the 24-year-old's infamous night out with Kings Cross figure Mark Judge in June.

Since the split - they dated for almost two years - Gordon is said to have ended her notorious partying ways.

I wonder what her life would have been like if her nice and normal boyfriend didn't die?

Oh yeah I remember that! I had forgotten that she lost him to a long term illness.

I reckon her life would have been easier...maybe...But again we don't know what would have happened if he didn't die . They may not have lasted.

Anyway thanks for posting Anaya its so good to see Jodi being back in shape and getting a grip on her life :)

I wonder what her life would have been like if her nice and normal boyfriend didn't die?

Oh yeah I remember that! I had forgotten that she lost him to a long term illness.

I reckon her life would have been easier...maybe...But again we don't know what would have happened if he didn't die . They may not have lasted.

Anyway thanks for posting Anaya its so good to see Jodi being back in shape and getting a grip on her life :)

At least he wouldn't have dumped her for scandal cos dating other celebrities is risky but she's maybe not going to hollywood if things go so well.

Thanks for posting that Anaya.  (not that it’s not on the cover of every trashy gossip mag we have here)

Braith’s a lovely guy and he’s grounded. I remember when he got hit in the face earlier in the year unprovoked by some random when he was celebrating his cousin’s birthday, and he didn’t retaliate so it wouldn’t make big headlines and his contract wouldn’t be in danger. He’s not big on the party circuit either, I’d assume that’s a good influence on her. I’m almost sure he’s a good friend of Ada’s. Only downside is he’s a captain of an awful team! :P Anyway I’m glad Jodi’s managed to pick herself up. She looks great too, all the best to them.

Archived