Moderator Preview

Guest TachelHolden

Hi all , i would just like to ask the moderators in person how long they plan to keep me and a few other members on MP. I have been on it for months now and i feel i have paid for my mistakes.

Just to everyone - I would like to apologise in full for my behaviour towards other members , it was wrong an unacceptable so im truely sorry! Anyone i have hurt with my cruel posts please please forgive me.

I take full responsibility for my actions and i promise nothing like this will EVER happen again.

SORRY!

Firstly, while we accept your apology, I think the members who were affected by your behaviour may have appreciated an apology long before now.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regarding moderator preview, we don't really want to comment about individual cases in an open forum but in general there are a few things we would like to point out.

* Members are on MP for a variety of reasons which may include posting abusive/offensive messages, spamming, provoking arguments and general troublemaking or nuisance posts. Others are on MP at their own request or to help them, mainly due to basic skills/dyslexia issues.

* Usually people are given plenty of warning before they end up MP. We do not do this lightly and only take this course of action when it is absolutely neccessary.

* Members are generally placed in MP indefinately. There are no timescales involved as it is pointless to set 'deadlines' as such.

* Generally if a member is wanting to 'redeem' themselves and be taken off MP the worst thing they can do is keep asking. The best thing they can do is to continue to post normally, stick to the rules and maintain the friendly atmosphere of the board.

* If members on MP continue to break rules and we have to delete or edit posts then, as you can understand, it is difficult to take them off MP. Also, if members don't bother posting while they are on MP, then expect to be taken off it, how can we tell if they have altered their behaviour.

* Finally, members who create new accounts to get around MP are really not helping themselves. We have ways of finding out if people have multiple accounts so it is a pointless exercise and will not help prove people can be trusted.

It may seem as though we don't have many problems on this board, compared to others, but that is only because we don't approve a lot of posts which, quite frankly, will cause all hell to break loose! People may think that we are strict but, trust me, the alternative is worse! As is demonstrated on other forums. :wink:

Sorry if this is a bit long winded but I wanted to explain things fully.

Yeah I understand why myself and others are on moderator preview and to be totally honest its only fair!

I know myself that I would intentionally post stuff that would cause some sort of problem amongst members and I am being aptly punished for my actions because I really hate moderator preview and rightly so :P its a very good punishment!

Even whilst on moderator preview I wasn't a model citizen but I am trying. Its just that some things really annoy me but just know I am trying to learn to avoid any scenario where I could come across as bad. I am trying my best to just post normally on the borad and keep myself to myself and I do most of the time , moderator preview does sort of deter me from posting as much as I used to but I do still try and get involved in discussion across the board.

One of the worst parts of moderator preview is when you are trying to get involved in a fast paced discussion and you post a reply , by the time it gets approved the discussion is already on the next page so your comment most likely wont be seen. Also in sections like The Bayside Diner where moderators propably wouldn't have much business in I would like to be able to get involved in discussion of the early years episodes which I follow avidly as well. Also in the current aus episodes threads its difficult t get involved with as well as some busy threads.

I just hope I can prove myself as being worthy of coming off MP in time, and I can safely say that when I do come off Moderator Preview I will be like some saint :lol: There aint anyway I am gona risk being on MP for another long period of time because its pure hell.

Anyway I give my word right now that as soon/if ever I get off MP that I will be a model meber.

Kevin

Yeah I understand why myself and others are on moderator preview and to be totally honest its only fair!

I know myself that I would intentionally post stuff that would cause some sort of problem amongst members and I am being aptly punished for my actions because I really hate moderator preview and rightly so :P its a very good punishment!

Even whilst on moderator preview I wasn't a model citizen but I am trying. Its just that some things really annoy me but just know I am trying to learn to avoid any scenario where I could come across as bad. I am trying my best to just post normally on the borad and keep myself to myself and I do most of the time , moderator preview does sort of deter me from posting as much as I used to but I do still try and get involved in discussion across the board.

One of the worst parts of moderator preview is when you are trying to get involved in a fast paced discussion and you post a reply , by the time it gets approved the discussion is already on the next page so your comment most likely wont be seen. Also in sections like The Bayside Diner where moderators propably wouldn't have much business in I would like to be able to get involved in discussion of the early years episodes which I follow avidly as well. Also in the current aus episodes threads its difficult t get involved with as well as some busy threads.

I just hope I can prove myself as being worthy of coming off MP in time, and I can safely say that when I do come off Moderator Preview I will be like some saint :lol: There aint anyway I am gona risk being on MP for another long period of time because its pure hell.

Anyway I give my word right now that as soon/if ever I get off MP that I will be a model meber.

Kevin

Also I used to really enjoy writing Fan Fictions but I just didn't have the zest for it anymore with the whole waiting for it to be approved and by the time it got approved people would miss updates as it would dissappear to the 2nd page so I just gave up really. Thats one of the things I look forward to when/if I get off MP , tp continue my fan fic that I had been writing for so long with around over 30 chapters!

I also know how you said Karen about if we gave up posting like most of the others that we we're put on MP along with me that if they didn't post there is no way to know whether their attitudes changed or if it even phases them beingon MP.

Anyway I've had my say, but I would really really appreciate to be given one last chance at being a normal member. and with Christmas coming up it would be nice to be able to post some good wishes and post my Secret Santa gifts of my own accord. I know I don't deserve it but it would be nice. If the day came where I was taken off MP it would mean the world to me , quite seriously.

Me too Kevin , I dont ask for much but to be taken off MP for christmas would seriously make my year! I totally agree with what you said if i was let off MP there would be no way i would risk going back on again and that i would give my life on as a promise. Ive learned a lot of stuff being on MP but most importantly i need to be respectful of myself and other members and not get caught up in petty arguments. Im an adult now and i need to start behaving like one. If we could just be given one last chance i 100% promise you we won't let you down again.

So please please please take this into consideration and a big thanks to any of the mods that have taken the time to read this post , we understand you guys are so busy on the board so thanks.

May I ask what it is exactly? :)

If you are a member on moderator preview then every post you make on the forum will not be added to a thread until a moderator checks it first and decides whether its acceptable but if it is not an acceptable post then it will not be approved and deleted :)

Archived