9/11

Guest Miranda

i feel a little bad that i forgot about the day that was in it yesterday :/

although i do remember i was in math class, and my teacher came in after lunch or break, and said there'd been a plane crashed into a tower in NY but, and i quote, "nobody was hurt."

... got home to find my mum panicking 'cause I'd a sister living in USA back then.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do feel sorry for those people and their families :( I will never forget the moment I heard the news about the plane crashes and I'll never forget those images but.....

just think of those poor people in third world countries where world is experienced every single day with American/Australia troops there trying their best to keep the peace. Just think of all those poor innocent children, mothers, father, sisters, brothers who are killed every single day. Just remember the meaning behind the attacks. Why did those terrorists (who were sick in the head) choose to attack America, why did they want to kill Americans, revenge?

R.I.P - We'll always remember those people who died :(

I can't believe it's been 8 years. My Dad was in London, at the time and was due to be in those towers in 8 days time. Luckily he wasn't in the towers when it happened! Of course, he got stuck in London because planes weren't flying anywhere basically.

I was 12 when it happened and was fast asleep (due to having school the next day) but my parents were up till the wee hours of the morning and i didnt hear about it till the next day.. i dont remember if i was shocked but it was very sad to see. i did get sick of seeing the coverage all week on tv though!

still can't believe its been 8 years.. and im now 20 :o

I still get shivers when i either watch it on tv or on youtube

You really wanna know how I felt?

I didn't feel a damn thing.

I could've sighed. I could've cried. I could've yelled. I could've screamed. I could've said a prayer. I could've done all those things, and it wouldn't change the fact that a group of bastards flew jets into the WTC and killed a s**tload of people...which I guess just goes to show how powerless I felt.

I didn't get to see the original coverage of 9/11, but I remember hearing all about it and thinking about what a waste of life it was. :(

My Mum and Dad still talk about it, about how sad and terrible it was.

I always take a minute to remember the people that died, even though I didn't know any of the people there.

Lily- of course you are right about the innocents killed all over the world every day, well said.

The human race is a violent and cruel one, hence why we have survived at the expense of other animals: however, I am always impressed by the things that are good about us too.

I think the best thing is that if a group, or even just one human is lost somewhere- even a human who is not economically valuable to the human race, such as a baby or elderly person- other humans will risk their lives and perform heroic feats to save them. e.g. racing yacht skippers abandoning their race to search for a competitor who is lost on the ocean; fire, police and ambulance personnel [endless examples for them]; most importantly, ordinary people who step up in times of crisis, such as the tube passengers who broke out of their carriage on 7/7 to save others in blown up carriages, or the United 93 passengers who prevented the hijackers from carrying out their evil intentions.

I can't think of any other animals who risk everything to save one member of their species- maybe apes?- so perhaps as well as all the cruel, inhuman killers in the world, there is an equal number of good guys pushing the bad ones down.

Lily- of course you are right about the innocents killed all over the world every day, well said.

Thanks :) Yes I feel sorry for the Amercians who lost their loved ones, but it happens every single day in countries like Iraq, Afganistan, Pakatison (innocent children are the victims of poverty and war in those countries). I think, not sure but I think the attacks on Amercia were an act of revenge and because of the ongoing war in their country. I think they wanted Amercian troops to leave or something, I can't remember the "alleged" reason behind the 9/11 attacks.

The world can be a crazy place. :(

I think, not sure but I think the attacks on Amercia were an act of revenge and because of the ongoing war in their country. I think they wanted Amercian troops to leave or something, I can't remember the "alleged" reason behind the 9/11 attacks.

The perpetrators that carried out the 9/11 attacks were from the terrorist organisation Al-Qaeda. Bin Laden was the mastermind behind this. This was fuelled by Islamic fundamentalism but it was also a resistance to the US occupation in Saudi Arabia. Bin Laden believed the leaders were effectively a US puppet government. The US went on to invade Afghanistan because they were harbouring Bin Laden. I believe they were given an opportunity to hand him over but they refused. The US supported Afghanistan during the cold war against the Soviet Union and Bill Clinton invited the leaders over during the late 1990s. It was believed by some that the US wanted to secure a pipeline through Afghanistan to export oil and natural gas from Central Asia.

Archived