9/11

Guest Miranda

Just been watching the annual tribute at Ground Zero. I thought it would appropriate just to remember what happened 8 years ago and remember those who lost their lives. [i'm not doing this because I lost anyone, I just wanted to make a note of it.] I was moved by Obama's speech, he said that all the victims were now residing in Heaven, a simple childlike statement but hopefully true.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

9-11 changed the world forever. People always remember what they were doing when they heard about it, and how they felt when they saw the planes hit the tower. So many innocent people died that day. May they rest in peace. And I hope the thousands of other innocent people regardless of religion or race or nationality who have died in the name of terrorism are also resting in peace.

I don't think anyone will forget what they were doing when they found out about this. I will always remember being home from school ill and watching the tv when the breaking news came on. My mum and I sat watching as the second plane hit the tower and as they both collapsed. It's something that I will never forget, thinking about all the people who lost their lives and their families.

I will never forget sitting at home flicking channels and the news report suddenly came on. I can still see those planes going into the towers, its an image i don't think i will ever forget, thinking of all those people in the towers and almost more heartbreaking all their familes watching it unfold on the streets below or on TV :(

On this day i always take a few moments to just give thought to all those people who lost their lifes.

I cant believe it has been 8 years already :(

I don't think I will ever forget what I saw that day.

I remember being in the library at school when the news came on, and just remember my English teacher reduced to tears. For such a strong man that ruled the roost to break down like that, well it kind of shows what impact it had on others. Its the only time I ever saw him show a softer side, and all he could mutter was "go home".

Can you imagine what it must of been like in those towers. What must those poor poor people of gone through :( And not just those that died, but those that lost loved ones too. Just so pointless, and just so sad :(

I had only just gone 15 at the time, and I think a bit of innocence, a bit of bliss and a sense of fun also left me that day. The world ever after has seemed a lot meaner a place.

Those people jumping/falling from the towers. Bloody hell. How grim. I don't think I will ever forget those images - And to be fair, I don't think we ever should. The cruelty and suffering mankind is able to throw at each other is just endless, sickening and so so sad. No one won 8 years ago, and we are all worse off for it today.

That day 8 years ago changed so many people's lives and the fact that they have never caught the person responsible sickens me. I remember being in school in a history when it happened and my teacher was in tears as she had family living there at the time. Such a cruel act

On this day i always take a few moments to just give thought to all those people who lost their lifes.

Yes, that is what I thought.

Whatever terrorists think their 'religious' or 'freedom' motives are, I think they just basically want to kill people and are bloodthirsty, there's no other reason. I also can't stop thinking abou that school in Chechnya where Al Quaida got involved and killed all the children, but that is another story.

Anyway, my friend has had a baby today: a nice symbol of hope and two fingers up to terrorists with their destructive intentions.

Archived