Slipping Through My Fingers

Guest -Kevin-

The talk between Rachel and Angelo was nice. It's good that they can still talk to each other. Angelo'll just have to talk to Charlie.

I don't like Chloe at all. What is her problem? Why does she want to ruin Jack and Martha's lives? She'd better stop and not hurt little Jack. :angry:

:o Mattie is running away with Evan. I wonder if Ric'll go with her. I hope so. I think Mattie needs his support.

More please.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Finally I've written the next chapter :D

Chapter 5

"Honey I'm home " Jack yelled out to a seemingly empty house as soon as he returned from work.

"Anyone here " he yelled out and listened tentatively for an answer but he got none

"Propably round Rachel's or something " he thought to himself

"Looks like I've got the house to myself " he grinned

" I don't think so " Martha responded as she appeared from the kitchen door.

"Oh , you're there . Why wouldn't you answer me whan I was calling out " he asked with a confused expression on his face.

" We need to talk " she stated coldly

"Why do I get the feeling this isn't gona be good " Jack added...

"Mattie babe , please don't... " Ric began

" don't what ?" Mattie interrupted him

"Look , please just don't leave like this" he pleaded

" Do you think I want to be running away , do you think I find it fun dragging my life someplace else . Huh ?" she growled

" I am only doing what needs to be done " she informed him

" Mattie you don't need to leave . Not like this "

" Well what do you suggest we do ric ? Time is running out and if we don't go now we will lose Evan forever"

" If you just stay here and fight for Evan then we have a better chance instead of being on the run for the rest of your days. Is that the kinda life you want for Evan ?"

" Well obviuosly its not ideal but it IS the only way we can stay together " she emphasized

" Running from town to town for the rest of both your lives isn't living Matilda" he tried to get through to her

" But hes my little boy " the tears began to stream down her face

" Oh Mattie , I know this is hard but we need to do what is right. If not for ours then for Evan's sake"

" Whatever happens we can get through this . Together " he promised

" Auntie Morag will help us fight for Evan , and you know Morag , she rarely loses a case " he smiled

Mattie looked up at Ric through her puffy eyes and forced a smile.

" I love you Ric Dalby . You always say the right thing. I love you so much "

" Well I kinda love you too " he joked

" So lets say we unpack these bags and get back to normal " he suggested

" What will we do about Carrie ? "

" We'll cross that bridge when we come to it "

" OK" she agreed

" Will you be OK for a half hour , I promised Leah I'd have a look at her car " he asked

" Yep , sure " she nodded.....

"Mum" Chloe grimaced as she opened the door to her mother who she hadn't seen in a long time.

"Oh its so good to see you baby " she grabbed her and squez her tightly

"Yeah its nice to see you too " Chloe replied whilst trying to pry herself from her mothers clutches

" this is a nice place you've got here " her mother turned her attentions to Chloe's apartment

" and the people seem really nice as well" she added

" Mum what are you doing here ? I wasn't expecting you ?"

" Does a mother need an excuse to come visit her daughter these days ?"

"Mothers ? Yes.You? No" she thought to herself and sighed

" So whats the people like around here then ? "

" Well there the same as any other small town , quite close knit and most people are really nice "

" So . I have to ask , what the hell brings you to this place ? "her mother inquired

" Well I really like it here , and I know someone that lives here and thought I'd pay her and her husband a visit " she smirked

" Oh right. Anyone I know ? "

" Nope "

" Oh Chloe , I do hope you aren't causing any trouble around here "

" No . Why would you think that "

" Well you and I both know you like to stir up trouble"

" Yeah mum that was when I was 15 , I'm not a kid anymore" she defended herself

" Ok , well if you say so........"

Ric arrived back home and threw himself down on the sofa , tired after the long day he had.Then suddenly his attentions turned to Matilda

" Mattie " he called out

" Mattie " he repeated himself but to no avail

He made his way upstairs and into his bedroom , and he examined the room closely and all of a sudden it dawned on him that maybe she'd done a runner.

He searched the toom frantically for the bag Mattie had full of hers and Evan's clothes but it was nowhere to find.

In the dorner of his eye he spotted a white sheet if paper sat on the dressing table and as he approached it he realised his name was on it.

He picked it up slowly and began to read :

Ric,

I am so sorry but Evan and I had to go.There was no other way , I hope you can understand and forgive me. I don't know if or when I'll be back but I want you to know that I love you.

I hope that you know that.

Love

Mattie

" Jack , did it not cross your mind that you should have told me that you had lost one of our kids" Martha yelled

" Oh . That. " he replied

" Yeah . That. I had to hear it from somebody else. Do you know how that made me feel "

" Look , I'm sorry , you had only just had the baby and I didn't want to worry you , thats all."

" I can understand that Jack , but why would you keep it a "secret" from me "

" I didn't keep it a secret "

" Well from what I was told you asked someone to not tell me . Where do you get off telling someone not to tell me something so big had happened to one of my kids ?"

"I don't have to listen to his " Jack stood up and walked towards the door

" Yeah run away from the problem again Jack "

" Well I certainly won't sit here and let you pick on me like you are "

" Its OK you don't have to go , I'm going to bed now anyway. Don't think your sleeping in that bed tonight , couch is all yours " she grunted as she stomped up the stairs leaving Jack stood all alone in the living room.

Angelo immediately calls an ambulance when Charlie yelles out in pain before she collapses

Martha offers Chloe a place to stay after Chloe pretends shes been evicted....

Jack doesn't trust Chloe after he realises that she informed Martha about Jack Jr's brief dissapearance....

Rachel delivers some devastating news to Charlie.......

I had a feeling Mattie would leave as soon as Ric had left. It turned out I was right. She'll never be able to give a stable life to Evan if she's always on the run.

Jack was only trying not to worry her after she had the baby. Maybe he should have told her but she can't blame him for wanting to protect her. I don't like it when JM fight. :(

So Chloe can't be trusted. I bet she hasn't changed. I hope her mother will warn Jack & Martha.

Martha is giving Chloe a place to stay? No! :angry: I hope Jack keeps an eye on her.

What's going to happen to Charlie? I hope it's not serious.

More please.

• 1 month later...

Are you going to update any time soon?

OK I know this fic is getting sooooo old and I haven't updated in like agesss!

But I do promise I will start updating again on a regular basis because I have been going with this story since the original fic and I think I owe it to myself and those who read it to finish it off!!

I have been thinking up a few plotlines coming up in it and can't wait to start writing them :D

I hope I still have my readers.......

• 2 months later...

Archived