Slipping Through My Fingers

Guest -Kevin-

and thanks so much Barbara I am so happy your continuing to read! Yourself and Red Ranger are the only people still reading since the very beginning and I am sooo glad your both still reading :

Well, I'm a very patient girl! :P Your fic is interesting and I want to know how it ends. :)

I don't like the fact Martha invited Chloe to live with them. She is going to make things even worse. I'm glad Jack doesn't trust her. I hope Angelo will find something about her.

Angelo left without realising Charlie is unconscious. :(

Who was that with Amanda? She hasn't changed! :rolleyes:

More please.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Thanks everyone for all your lovely comments :)

Short update :)

Chapter 8

"Hey , Jack , its only me. I haven't found out much about this girl but there was one or 2 things but I can't see if they would be of much importance to you" Angelo explained

"Oh , thanks! So what did you find?" Jack asked

"Chloe Richards, pressed charges of rape against her teacher around 4 years ago BUT later was found to be lying, she was 14 years old at the time" Angelo read out his findings

"Oh, that doesn't give me much to go on and I guess it doesn't give me much to go on. Anyway thanks mate, I owe you one"

"Anytime" Angelo replied as he hung up the phone

As Angelo sat at his work desk his thoughts drifted back to Charlie.

"I better call her" he thought

As he picked up his mobile phone, the office phone began to ring, he put his mobile phone back down in favour of the office phone which was still ringing loudly.

"Constable Rosetta speaking......"

-----------------------------------------------

"Wow, he has really grown since the last time I've seen him" Belle gasped as she stared at Evan

"Oh tell me about it, he is getting bigger and bolder" Mattie replied

"But you wouldn't change it for the world right"

"Exactly" Mattie nodded

"Anyway tell me about you ? Whos the new beau ? " Mattie probed with a huge smile plastered across her face

"Oh, he is so awesome Mattie, I've never been happier than when I'm with him"

"Ooh look at you all in love and everything"

"Is this a bad time to ask how everything is with you and Ric ?"

"I just can't deal with my Ric problems right now, I was feeling suffocated and needed to get out of there! You know ?"

"Oh yeah!! I know!! If anything thats happened the last couple of years including everything that happened with Aden I know the feeling when you just need to clear your head and get away!!"

"Yeah, but when I'm ready I will go back and sort out everything. Just not now"

"Oh , does that mean you will be sticking around here with me for a while ?" Belle got excited

"Well maybe...If I find somewhere to stay"

"Oh don't be silly you can stay at my mums house with us!"

"Ohhh.....Yeah.....I kinda interrupted Amanda with some guy when I arrived"

"What you mean a guy?"

"they were you know...At it"

"No way!! Mums not even seeing anyone at the moment"

"Well whoever he is is a lot younger than her"

"Oh well she kept that one quiet, I shall tease her later" she smiled

--------------------------------------

"Hello ? Anyone home! " Leah called out as she walked through Charlie and Angelo's front door after spending 10 minutes knocking.

" Charlie ? "

As she walked around the house she didn't notice anything strange or out of place. She had dropped by because she had made plans with Charlie to have lunch but she never showed.

"Charlie ? You in bed ? " she whispered as she pushed open the bedroom door.

"Charlie" Leah yelled out as she saw a pair of legs sticking out from the en suite bathroom

"Oh My god!!"

She quickly pulled her mobile from her pocket and dialled 000

"Charlie? Can you hear me ?"

"Hi, my name is Leah Patterson , I need an ambulance, my friend, she doesn't seem to breathing......."

--------------------------------------

"Hey, did you have a nice sleep ? Martha asked Chloe as she trotted down the stairs at lunchtime

"Its soo late, how come you didn't wake me ?"

"You had a big day yesterday, I thought it best to let you sleep thats all"

"I left your breakfast/lunch in the microwave if your feeling hungry"

"I really could use something to eat now that you mention it"

"Yeah, help yourself , theres some orange juice in the fridge as well"

"Thanks so much, I really dont deserve it"

"Hey, what you talking about, of course you deserve it" Martha patted her shoulder

"Martha.....Theres something I have to tell you" Chloe started before being interrupted by the ringing of a phone

"You just hold that thought, I will be right back"

Martha walked towards the house phone which sat on the reciever in the far corner in the sitting room, but when she saw Jack's name on the display she put the phone down.

"Who is it?" Chloe called out

"Oh ......Its only Jack" she replied as she returned to the kitchen

"I thought you went to speak to him earlier? "Chloe asked

"Well I did, but , I didn't"

"Anyway nevermind Jack, what was it you wanted to tell me?"

"Oh....Its doesn't.... was nothing....I mean its nothing, it doesn't matter" she fell over her words.........

Chloe Richards?!Is that meant to be the Chloe Richards, despite her being 18 and not dead?!Quite intrigued as to what she was going to tell Martha, glad Leah found Charlie.Slightly worried that

the guy Mattie spotted Amanda with is Belle's new beau...

Good update, looking forward to another one.

Why do I have the feeling that

Amanda was going at it with Belle's boyfriend

? :unsure:

:o Charlie doesn't seem to breathe? I hope she'll be okay.

What is Chloe upto? I don't trust her. Well Jack now knows that Chloe has lied in the past so hopefully, he'll figure out what she's planning to do.

More please.

Chloe Richards?!Is that meant to be the Chloe Richards, despite her being 18 and not dead?!Quite intrigued as to what she was going to tell Martha, glad Leah found Charlie.Slightly worried that

the guy Mattie spotted Amanda with is Belle's new beau...

Good update, looking forward to another one.

Nope she isn't the actual dead Chloe Richards, its just a coincidence they've gpt the same surname :P

It isn't long till we find out about Chloe's past/her plans.... :wink: A friend of Chloe's will be arriving soon and will become entangled in the Martha/Chloe/Jack story.

As for Amanda and Belle, thats set to become a bit more......Umm..Interesting! :P

Wont be long till the next update, its already half written :)

Chloe has lied in the past so hopefully

Chloe's tendency to lie is all the result of what shes gone through in her life, and has always wanted attention. The attention her mother failed to pay her whilst she was growing up and how she didn't show her the appeciation she had longed for. Her upbringing wasn't the most colourful after having problem and problem with her mother and so has left her quite damaged.

Chapter 9

"Martha why haven't you been answering my calls ? " Jack asked with a frown on his face

"I , I just didn't want to speak with you Jack thats all, why is there something that you wanted ? " she asked coldly

"Because if there isn't I think you should just leave" she continued

"Oh , Martha come on when is this going to end"

"Don't give me that Jack, this will end when I feel like I am ready to trust you again , OK ?"

"But you promise me that will happen . Please , Martha, we have something so special"

"Jack" she interrupted

"I can't ever promise anything , who knows what will happen, but I am willing to try and give our relationship a go, but only when I'm ready"

"Fair enough" Jack accepted her feelings

"Anyway, I was just calling to tell you that you schouldn't trust Chloe"

"Oh Jack , this kind of thing isn't helping!!"

"She is capable of lying and causing a lot of damage , I just want you to watch yourself"

"What are you talking about ??" she demanded an explanation

"A few years ago Chloe had her teacher charged with rape , but he never touched her , she lied. She left his life in ruins and I don't want anything bad to happen to you. I know she is up to something and I will prove it"

"So she lied?"

"Yeah, she was caught out when it came to the medical and DNA tests"

"Are you sure ?" she looked puzzled

"I wouldn't have told you if I wasn't 100% sure Martha"

"Ok , thanks for letting me know"

-------------------------------------------

" I'm looking for Charlie Buckton" Angelo called out as he pushed his way through the hospital swing doors

" She is in surgery right now sir , we won't know anything about her condition until afterwards"

"Please, you must know if she is alright, please" he begged

" I am sorry sir that is all we know for now, as soon as the surgeon has determined the cause of her sudden collapse we will let you know"

"How long will it take ? "

" Its impossible to tell at this time , please take a seat in the waiting room, there is a friend of Ms Bucktons in there also"

"OK , thank you"

"Ohh Angelo " Leah ran towards him when he entered the waiting room

"What happened ? Where did you find her?"

"Well we had arranged to have lunch today and she didn't show and she wasn't answering her phone either, so I went to your place and thats when I found her, unconscious in the bedroom"

"Was she breathing ??"

"Oh I don't know, I think so but I couldn't be too sure everything happened so quickly"

"Thank God you found her! I shouldv'e been there!"

"Angelo look at me , you can't blame yourself for this. We don't know what happened"

"Yeah but if I had of been there I could have got her to the hospital a lot sooner"

"Shes here now, and thats the main thing, we just have to focus on the positives"

"Excuse me I've just finished operating on Charlie Buckton" a doctor interrupted them

"Please tell me she is going to be alright!!" Angelo cried

" I am sorry but shes suffered an ectopic pregnancy, she is in a stable condition and we're monitoring her. The ectopic pregnancy caused her to faint , the usual nature of an ectopic pregnancy is quite painful which usually causes the body to blackout"

"But she is going to be alright otherwise ?"

"Yes she should be fine" the doctor smiled

"Oh thank God for that " Leah breathed a sigh of relief

--------------------------

"Hey , Martha, this is my friend Jess " Chloe grinned as she came giggling through the front door with a tall blonde haired girl by her side

"Oh , hello" Martha smiled

"We've known each other for years we went to school together, and shes just rocked up!

"Umm Chloe there is something we need to talk about" Martha started

"Oh. Sounds serious"

"Yeah it kinda is"

"What is it ?"

"In private ?"

"Oh , right. Jess can you just wait outside for a sec ?"

"Yeah cool" Jess nodded as she walked out into the garden

"Anyway , Chloe please tell me what you said to me the other night wasn't a lie ! You know about being raped"

"What ? Why do you say that ?"

"Its just something Jack said, he found police records"

"Well thats none of Jack's business"

"Why would you lie about something like that ?"

"You don't know anything about me Martha!!!" Chloe yelled back in respons

"You don't know what I've been through in my life"

"I trusted you Chloe , and you go and lie to me about something so horrible. I want you out of this house"

"I have nowhere else to go!"

"Well that isn't my problem anymore, I don't want to know anything about you anymore, so can you please just get out"

"Come on Chloe that cow isn't worth it" Jess interrupted

"Excuse me ? " Martha exclaimed

" Yeah , you heard me , your nothing but a cow"

"Thats it , I want both of you oit of here in the next 10 seconds or I am calling the police " Martha yelled

"Martha, please ? "

"Just get out!!!"

"Don't worry, we're going" Jess barked as she grabbed Chloe's arm and they walked out of the house.

"What is it with that girl!! " Martha thought to herself.......

Chloe comes clean to her friend , the truth that will rock the bay when it is eventually revealed!!!

How will Charlie feel after she wakes and learns about her ectopic pregnancy? Have her hopes and dreams of having a baby been dashed forever ?

Archived