Slipping Through My Fingers

Guest -Kevin-

^ It's still too early to say which one I prefer. I like both fics. You come up with some good storylines. I'm looking forward to see what you come up with next.

I thought I told you not to kill people. Oh well, it's Carrie. Who cares? :ph34r: I just hope Mattie will be okay.

OK I promise I will not be killing anybody in the near future well not after Carrie but she had to go , she was taking Ric & Mattie's child :P

Yeah, she has to go but it looks like she's staying for now anyway. At least, Mattie and Ric won't be arrested for man slaughter.

I bet

Roman

is the one with Jack Jr. :angry: Go away! :angry:

Rachel is a bit overreacting. I know she's worried about her little girl but Angelo loves his daughter. I'm sure he wouldn't take her fishing if he thought it would be dangerous.

A Changelo baby sounds good to me.

More please. :)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't believe I missed that chapter, must pay better attention.Liking the Ric/Matilda stuff, interested to see where it goes.Rachel does seem a bit controlling with Angelo.(Bit of a violent streak herself, as I recall...)Enjoying this, looking forward to more.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally I've updated :P Hope you like it. :)

Chapter 3

" You called us just in time , she is really lucky " the doctor smiled happily at a unresponsive Mattie

"Thats great " Ric half heartedly smiled

"I will check back in on her as soon as I get a chance " the doctor added before he opened the door and dissapeared as the door closed behind him

Ric looked back to make sure the doctor was gone before he began speaking.

"Mattie are you alright " Ric nudged her

"Mattie " Ric called out to her

"What do you want me to say Ric ? " she stared at him

"Its over , we are going to lose Evan and thats all there is to it " she added

" You seriously aren't blaming me for us having to call the ambulance are you " Ric demanded

" Well it wasn't me who picked up the phone was it " Mattie commented

" We both decided it would be best babe " Ric replied

" You said it would be best , I had no say in any of this " she swung around rapidly and yelled

" Mattie come here " Ric attempted to put his arms around her but she resisted

"I'm out of here " she declared and stormed out of the small hospital room that was filled with the monotonous beeps coming from one of the complicated machines that was hooked up to Carrie.

As she made her way down the corridor the beeps we're still ringing in her ears , she became increasingly frustrated the closer she got to the exit. The thoughts of losing Evan we're floating around her head and she couldn't deal with it any longer. When she reached the car park she broke down on the floor and cried into her hands....

"Have you seen Jack anywhere " Jack desperately asked Rachel

"No I haven't seen him at all , whens the last time you've seen him " she replied

"Well I left him with Chloe , she was looking after the kids while I was at the hospital with Martha and when I got home he wasn't around " he tried to explain

"Have you tried Chloe ? " she asked

"I can't get through to her , her phones off or something " he answered

"Oh well, I'm sure he is around somewhere " she assured him

"Ok thanks Rach. Will you call me on my mobile if you happen to see him " he added

"Of course" she smiled

"Where have you been I've been calling your phone for hours now " Charlie demanded answers

"I just went to the Surf Club for a few beers " he claimed

"Well a phonecall would have been nice " she complained

" Well I was just.... I'm sorry , I should have called , I just had a difficult day with everything that happened with Rachel " he admitted

"I know its hard , I just wish you would let me in on how you're feeling thats all " she pointed out

" Anyway I wanted to talk to you about something " Charlie changed the subject

" Why do I get the feeling I'm not gona like this " he grinned

" Well I duno bit I'm gona come out with it anyway "

" I think we should start trying for a baby " she announced

There was an awkward silence as Angelo looked on in surprise

" A baby " he broke the silence

" I think its the perfect time for us to have a baby of our own " she protested happily

" Are you sure this is something we should be doing right now ?" he asked

"What " she frowned

" Are you saying that you don't want to have a baby with me " she spat

"Well there is a lot going on at the moment and I think the added stress of a baby isn't going to fix that " he explained

" I'm sorry I didn't realise you felt like having a baby with me was "stress" " she raised her voice

"Charlie thats not what I'm saying please " he sighed

" Well thats what it sounds like to me " she continued

" I just think the timings wrong thats all , of course I want to have a baby with you one day , just not now " he confessed

" Well what the hell are you waiting for then " she was puzzled

" I just want things to settle down with Rachel and the rest of my kids before I even contemplate bringing more kids into the equation " he tried to reason with her

" I understand where your coming from Angelo but at the end of the day we're not getting any younger , you have got your own kids and you may be happy with that but you have to realise I've got no kids " she teared up

" Oh Charlie please don't get upset " he pleaded

" I'm sorry " she quivered and rubbed the tears from her eyes

Angelo couldn't bear to to see her so upset as he knew that he held the key to her happiness.

"OK " he grinned

"Ok what ? " she looked up

" Lets have a baby " he exploded

"Are you sure " she frowned

"Only if you want to , I don't want you saying yes just to shut me up " she voiced her concerns

"Babe. I love you . That is one thing I know and whatever makes you happy makes me happy , lets have this baby and we can have our own family."

"Oh Angelo " Charlie gushed

" I really love you " she added

" I really love you too " he replied as he held her in his arms.....

" Chloe are you there " Jack yelled as he banged on the front door of the apartment she shared with 1 of her friends

" I'm coming , I'm coming " she yelled back as she approached the door

"Hey Jack " she greeted him

" You haven't seen Jack anywhere have you " he asked worriedly

" yeah I was just about to call you , he just turned up here 5 minutes ago " she put his worries to rest

"Oh thank God for that " he breathed a sigh of relief

" I'll just go get him , come in and take a seat " she smiled

" Cheers " he replied as she dissapeared into the kitchen and closed the door

" Jack , your daddys here " she shouted out

"OK if your dad asks you tell him that you we're down the beach before you came here OK ? It can be our little secret " she made up a story

" I wasn't at the beach , remember you picked me up from my house " he was confused

"Yeah I know silly , it can be our little secret , we'll pretend you we're on the beach " she added

"Umm OK " he hesitated just as his father entered the room.

"Where on earth we're you " Jack horned in

Jack Jr looked at Chloe before he answered

" I was down at the beach for a while " he lied

"Please will you never ever do that again , anything could have happened you " Jack lectured him

" I'm sorry dad I won't do it again " he promised

"Thanks for looking after him " Jack looked up at Chloe

"Its no problem at all " she smiled

"OK well we better be off before Martha finds out I lost one of the kids " Jack smirked

"She wouldn't be happy about that , now would she " she laughed

"Not at all , and I'd appreciate it if you didn't mention it to her " he asked

" Of course not , I won't say a word....." she grinned

Chloe tells Martha about Jack Jr's "dissapearance"......What is she up to ?

Matilda surprises Ric with her actions when the doctor informs them that they expect Carrie to make a full recovery....

Angelo and Rachel share a "moment" when he opens up to her about how he really feels about Charlie wanting a baby.....

Martha returns home from the hospital with her newborn baby...

That was quick! :P

What is Chloe up to? Why did she come and get Jack Jr? She'd better not have hurt him. <_< And she's going to mention his disappearance to Martha! <_< But I'm glad Jack found him in the end. :)

Angelo shouldn't have agreed to have a baby if he's not okay with. When/If Charlie finds out, it won't be pretty.

Poor Mattie! :(

More please.

here it is :)

Chapter 4

"Thanks for these coffees Colleen , so I'll tell Martha you will be over at around half 7ish yeah ? " Jack asked unsure

" yes , in or around half 7 " she smiled

" She's gona be thrilled to see you " he cheekily smiled to himself as he knew that Martha would be anything but thrilled having Colleen over

"See ya then " Jack farewelled her and as he turned to leave he bumped into Chloe who he accidentally spilled his hot coffees over.

"Oh Chloe I'm so sorry " he apologized quickly as she yelled out

"Watch where your going " she moaned as she swung around and stormed right back out of the diner

Jack thought about it for a moment, wondering if Chloe was alright and pondered running after her but decided she could use some time to herself.

"Stupid fool " Chloe thought to herself as she walked along the beach

" Don't worry Jack , by the time I'm finished with you you'll wish you never met me " she grinned

"Think your so great with you and your little family, There wont be much of a family left when I'm done " she promised

"Hey Rach , look I'm sorry about the other day with the whole fishing thing " Angelo tried to clear the air

"No look I overreacted , it wasn't your fault. I was having a bad day " she apologized

"Don't worry about it Rach , we all have those , I've had a few of em myself of late " he confessed

"Something happen with Charlie " Rachel looked concerned

"Look I don't really wana discuss this out here " he said

"Oh sorry , come in for a drink ..." she smiled

"Thanks " he smiled back

"So whats going on " Rachel sat at the table with both her hands wrapped around her cup of coffee

" Well Charlie just totally dropped the bombshell that she wants a baby on me the other night. I totally was not expecting that " he revealed

" I guess its understandable that she would want a baby , it hasn't been easy for her to watch you have children with someone else and I can promise you that " she confirmed

"I felt so sidelined when Kim had his own family with himself,Kit and Archie all those years ago, and its such a lonely ,unhappy place to be if I'm honest" she admitted

" Don't get me wrong I can totally understand Charlie's need to become a mother , if I had no children then I would be desperate for some kids of my own but I feel as if I am past that stage in my life and I just don't think I am ready for it all again nor do I think I would ever be ready again.You and I have our 2 kids and to be totally honest I'm happy with just that" he explained

" I don't think thats very fair on Charlie though do you " she asked

" No I don't , she deserves someone who can make her happy and give her all the things I can't " he continued

"Don't want to you mean" she questioned

" At the end of the day you don't want anymore kids and she does , the only thing to do is for you to do the decent thing and close the door on your relationship.She won't ever be truly happy until shes a mother and if you're not prepared to give her that then just let her go" she concluded

"But is that what you really want ? To lose her. She loves you Angelo. Shes the one that comes along once in a lifetime , shes never held back with you , shes risked everything. If what she needs from you just isn't there then let her go , break her heart and make it a clean break" Rachel lectured

Tears began to fill Angelo as he had finally for once in a long time truly known his feelings

"Rachel" he cried

"Thank you so much , I can't tell you how much what you've just said to me has made me realise that Charlie is the one for me " he gushed as he and Rachel both threw their arms around each other.

"I really should get going , but really rachel , thank you so much " he smiled

"Your welcome " Rachel replied

"Hey Chloe " Martha smiled as she saw Chloes face when she opened the door

"Hiya , I'm just popping by to see how Jack is " Chloe asked after

"Jack ? Why ? " Martha looked puzzled

"Oh I guess Jack's not told you " Chloe lied

"Why what happened ? " Martha inquired

"Well he went missing for a couple of hours until he showed up at my place " she revealed

"I'm sorry I don't mean to cause trouble for you and Jack " Chloe worried

"No I'm glad you told me and I'll be talking to Jack about this when he gets home" she confirmed

"Oh right , would you please not tell him I told you , I don't want him to be upset with me " Chloe begged

"No worries I won't tell him " Martha agreed

"OK , well I guess I better be off , I'm expecting a visitor very soon " Chloe grinned

Chloe walked from the house and tried with all her might to keep herself from a huge grin breaking out on her face as she knew that she had just dropped Jack right in it and she couldn't contain her happiness. What could Chloe gain with causing trouble for Jack ? If Jack and Martha knew her intentions they would be worried.Very worried..........

"Hi mister Dalby , this is Dr Greene from Northern Districts Hospital" a voice spoke down the phone

"Hello" Ric replied and waited quietly for what the doctor had to say about Carrie's condition

"I'm please to tell you that we have made excellent progress with Carrie overnight and we expect her to be back on her feet over the next few weeks as she became conscious early this morning" the doctor explained

"Oh thats really good. Has she said anything " Ric quizzed

"No she hasn't spoken yet but she is definitely in and out of consciousness which is a good sign" he continued

"OK well thanks for that , we really appreciate it " Ric thanked the doctor

" No worries talk soon"

"So whats happening with her " Mattie asked quietly

Ric stared at the floor for a few moments before he brought himself to fill Mattie in on what the doctor just explained to him

"So it looks like Carrie is expected to make a full recovery and gained consciousness last night " he revealed

"Oh no what are we going to do " Mattie panicked

"We need to leave now , quick pack as much stuff as you can we have to leave tonight" Mattie ordered

"Mattie , please just wait , we can't just leave like this " Ric tried to reason with her

"Ric , I am leaving tonight with Evan . You are either coming with us or your not. Its your choice " Mattie issued him with an ultimatum......

Martha and Jack have an argument after Chloe's meddling.....

Mattie goes away on holiday with Evan to try and escape from Carrie, but will Ric go with her ?

Chloe's mum comes to town and wants to know why she is in the bay......But will she find out ?

Rachel begins to suspect Richard is cheating on her..........

Archived