Slipping Through My Fingers

Guest -Kevin-

^^ I know its been such a long time but just to refresh peoples minds I have done a recap of previous events before I write the next chapter tonight! I will be putting my all back into this , thats if I've still got my readers of course...

Previously on Slipping Through My Fingers.....

Ric arrived back home and threw himself down on the sofa , tired after the long day he had.Then suddenly his attentions turned to Matilda

" Mattie " he called out

" Mattie " he repeated himself but to no avail

He made his way upstairs and into his bedroom , and he examined the room closely and all of a sudden it dawned on him that maybe she'd done a runner.

He searched the toom frantically for the bag Mattie had full of hers and Evan's clothes but it was nowhere to find.

In the dorner of his eye he spotted a white sheet if paper sat on the dressing table and as he approached it he realised his name was on it.

He picked it up slowly and began to read :

Ric,

I am so sorry but Evan and I had to go.There was no other way , I hope you can understand and forgive me. I don't know if or when I'll be back but I want you to know that I love you.

I hope that you know that.

Love

Mattie

Will Ric be able to deal with life without Mattie ? and most importantly , will he be able to find her ?

"Thanks for looking after him " Jack looked up at Chloe

"Its no problem at all " she smiled

"OK well we better be off before Martha finds out I lost one of the kids " Jack smirked

"She wouldn't be happy about that , now would she " she laughed

"Not at all , and I'd appreciate it if you didn't mention it to her " he asked

" Of course not , I won't say a word....." she grinned

But thats not what Chloe had in mind...

" Jack , did it not cross your mind that you should have told me that you had lost one of our kids" Martha yelled

" Oh . That. " he replied

" Yeah . That. I had to hear it from somebody else. Do you know how that made me feel "

" Look , I'm sorry , you had only just had the baby and I didn't want to worry you , thats all."

" I can understand that Jack , but why would you keep it a "secret" from me "

" I didn't keep it a secret "

" Well from what I was told you asked someone to not tell me . Where do you get off telling someone not to tell me something so big had happened to one of my kids ?"

"I don't have to listen to his " Jack stood up and walked towards the door

" Yeah run away from the problem again Jack "

" Well I certainly won't sit here and let you pick on me like you are "

" Its OK you don't have to go , I'm going to bed now anyway. Don't think your sleeping in that bed tonight , couch is all yours " she grunted as she stomped up the stairs leaving Jack stood all alone in the living room.

Will Martha discover Chloe's true intentions before its too late ?

Angelo couldn't bear to to see her so upset as he knew that he held the key to her happiness.

"OK " he grinned

"Ok what ? " she looked up

" Lets have a baby " he exploded

"Are you sure " she frowned

"Only if you want to , I don't want you saying yes just to shut me up " she voiced her concerns

"Babe. I love you . That is one thing I know and whatever makes you happy makes me happy , lets have this baby and we can have our own family."

"Oh Angelo " Charlie gushed

" I really love you " she added

" I really love you too " he replied as he held her in his arms.....

What could happen to shatter this perfect couple ?

Update coming up later today... :)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 6

"Who's there ? " Rachel called out as she walked towards the front door in the dark of night rubbing her eyes.

"Its only me" A voice replied

"Jack! , what are you doing here ?" Rachel asked

"I need somewhere to stay and I couldn't think of anyone else who would have me "

"Oh , well, um, yeah of course come on in"

"Oh thanks so much Rach, Martha and I have just had an argument"

"I see , is everything alright"

"Oh it will be don't worry about it, its just something silly"

" I don't mean to pry but you don't usually get thrown out of your house for nothing!"

"Oh , no , I didn't , I just couldn't bare staying there , I needed some time out thats all!" he reassured her

"Ah I see, OK well umm you can have Sophie's bed shes staying in her friends tonight"

"No its alright the couch will do me fine"

"Nonsense, theres a perfectly empty bed upstairs. and thats not a suggestion, its an order"

"Well I cant argue with that " he smiled

"Thanks for this Rach, we don't spend half enough time with each other as we should do"

"Yeah you're right, I think you should come by with Brooke and little Jack some evening and we can catch up, and Martha if everythings cooled down"

"Yeah I would really like that! I hate myself for not being there for you when dad died you know"

"Jack, that wasn't your fault, I know you would have been here if you could."

"Yeah...." he added as he looked down at the ground and the tears welled up in his face

"I miss him Rach"

"Yeah me too" she forced a smile and put her hand on Jacks shoulder

"Oh its late , you have work tomorrow I better head to bed"

"yeah you're right , anyway the beds already dressed and help yourself to anything in the kitchen in the morning if I'm not here when you wake up"

"OK , and thanks again, g'nite"

"No problem, night!

and with that Rachel strolled back to her bedroom where she broke down in tears as soon as she closed the door behind her. Jack had broughtall the memories of Tony come flooding back and it overwhelmed her to tears.

"Sorry, I don't mean to disturb you but I'm looking for a Belle Taylor" Mattie asked a stranger

"No, sorry" the tall woman who was towering over her replied

"Ok thanks"

"Hey, I'm sorry you dont happen to know a Belle Taylor do you ?" she asked another person

Except this time she got no answer just a piercing dirty look.

"Geesh it was only a question" she turned round

"Oh Evan" she sighed

"What are we gona do" she thought out loud

She sat at the side of the pavement whilst making sure she held on tightly to Evans hand.

"Sit down for a second sweetie"

She looked around her surroundings which couldn't be more unfamiliar to her, and she wondered to herself where or who she was going to stay with. Thats when she had an idea.

"Amanda!!"

"I know her address and it shouldn't be far from here, she can pass on Belle's address to me" she happily concluded

She stood up from the pavement clutching Evan's hand and flagged down a taxi....

"Hey Charlie , I am just heading into town to fetch some groceries!Bread,milk, that kinda thing. You want me to get you anything?" Angelo yelled

"No babe , I don't think so I'm not feeling the best " she replied

"Oh!well if your sure"

"yeah, thanks anyway"

"I wont be long" he added as he picked up the car keys from the kitchen table and made his way outside.

Charlie tried pulling herself up from bed to no effect, she couldn't understand why she had become so weak.

Suddenly she felt a piercing sensation in her lower abdomen and yelled out in pain.

"Angelo!!" She screamed

The excruciating pain she was experiencing gave her the strength to pull herself from the bed onto the floor all so quickly.

As she lay on the bedroom floor trying to catch her breath she slowly lost conscious and was unable to move untill she was left unconscious.All alone.....

"Hey Martha its only me Chloe, I'm just phoning to let you know I'm leaving town later today , I have just hit some financial problems and can no longer afford to pay for my apartment. I hope you'll understand why I can't help out as much with the kids anymore. OK well thats it, I guess this is goodbye! bye!"

Chloe sat on her bed smiling whilst thinking of her wicked plan to get herself firmly involved with Martha and her family.

"I'm sorry Martha but you brought all this on yourself" she thought to herself.

She sat on her bed waiting patiently for Martha to get in touch with her, but after 3 hours she began to worry Martha was just gona leave her high and dry.

"It wouldnt be the first time I guess"

When all hope was almost lost there came a knock on her door...

"Chloe are you in there ?" Martha called out

"Oh yeah, dont you worry I am "Chloe whispered as she walked to answer the door

"Hey, did you get my message"

"Yeah I did, and I have decided you should come stay with me!"

"Oh I really couldn't impose on you like that"

"No honestly, you wouldn't be imposing"

"Well I guess I have nowhere else to go"

"OK so thats settled your coming to stay with me then" Martha smiled

For a split second she regretted what she has put Martha through and what she had planned on putting her through, but not for long. She reminded herself to stick to the main goal - to ruin Marthas life, just like she had ruined hers.......

Next time....

Chloe and Martha have a heart to heart and Chloe reveals a shocking secret from her past...

Angelo rushes Charlie to hospital when he returns home to find her lifeless body....

Rachel admits to Richard that shes still in love with Tony...

Mattie turns up at Amanda's - and is surprised by what she sees.....

Got your note, welcome back!

Uh-oh, on several different counts.What's up with Charlie?What's Chloe got planned for Martha? Looking forward to more of this.

Hey thanks for continuing reading my fic Red Ranger, I know I must be a pain of a writer updating months at a time, but I will definitely be finishing this fic. Theres some storylines I have planned from the start which have yet to start,well some have started (which stems back from the original fic) and are set to get very messy. Jack & Martha are the ones to watch they've got some big stuff involving Chloe as does Matilda,Amanda and Belle! and Charlies diagnosis will devastate her and will put her relationship with Angelo on the rocks!!

Anyway hopefully I can get a few more readers :P

An update! Finally! :P

Poor Rachel! Of course, she still loves Tony. He was the love of her life.

I hope Charlie is going to be alright. I wonder what's wrong with her.

I DO NOT LIKE Chloe! :angry: What the hell is she going to do? What could Martha have done to her? :unsure:

Next chapter sounds interesting. Please update soon. :)

Ooooh dude!

You shoul update soooon! :)

An update! Finally! :P

Poor Rachel! Of course, she still loves Tony. He was the love of her life.

I hope Charlie is going to be alright. I wonder what's wrong with her.

I DO NOT LIKE Chloe! :angry: What the hell is she going to do? What could Martha have done to her? :unsure:

Next chapter sounds interesting. Please update soon. :)

Thank you freckleface!

and thanks so much Barbara I am so happy your continuing to read! Yourself and Red Ranger are the only people still reading since the very beginning and I am sooo glad your both still reading :

Chapter 7

"Charlie , I'm home" Angelo called out as he strolled in the front door carrying two large bags of groceries

"Charlie, babe" he stopped and listened out for a response , which didn't come

He frowned and placed the shopping on the shiny glass kitchen table.

"Shes propably still sleeping" he thought

He took a few steps towards the bedrooom when the phone started ringing , stopping him in his tracks.

"Hello, Angelo speaking"

"Hey ,its only me Jack, I need you to do me a favour"

"Oh hi, yeah sure , what is it ?"

"I need you to do a police check on somebody, I would have done it myself but I'm not on the force anymore as you may have noticed" he joked

"Oh I'm sure I can help you out, whats the name ?"

"Its Chloe Andrews, shes relatively new in town and I think shes up to no good"

"OK, I will just swing by the station to let you know if anything comes up"

"Thanks so much, I owe you one"

"Yeah no problem, talk later"

He put down the phone and wrote Charlie a note

Charlie babe, I have just gone by the station for a while, just need to check up on something, I shouldn't be long. I left some food there if you feel hungry.

Talk soon

Angelo

xx

He then picked up his car keys and walked out the door into the blinding sun...

"Just make yourself at home" Martha smiled

"Thank you so much again Martha, I don't know what I would have done if it wasn't for you giving me somewhere to stay"

"Oh I'm just happy to help"

"Well you are helping"

"You've been our babysitter for quite a while now but I still don't know much about you"

"Well there isn't much to tell really, I grew up with my mother in the city, we never had much, any money we did have my mum would gamble it all away leaving me to pick up the pieces"

"Oh I'm so sorry you had such an awful childhood"

"Yeah it wasn't the best , but it forced me to grow up a lot quicker and look out for myself I guess"

"Yeah I always felt a bit like an outsider when I was younger. I was adopted you see" Martha told her

"Oh , I never knew that. It must have hurt, knowing your mother didn't want you and stuff like that"

"Yeah it wasn't the best feeling in the world but my adoptive family couldn't have been any better and they made me happy and I came to realise thats all that mattered"

" Thats really nice, I know a friend who was adopted and her adoptive family weren't good for her at all, but you were one of the lucky ones"

"Yeah I always counted myself lucky with the family that took me in because I knew other girls from a club I was in that didn't end up with as good a family as mine"

"When I grew up I felt resentful to my mother and it sort of sent me into a depression where I would do things that I knew would upset my mother. I wanted her to pay for everything she had done, she ruined my childhood"

"Oh Chloe , I am so sorry "

"Its OK , its not your fault"

"There is something that I've never told anybody , until it all came out. When I was 14 I got involved with an older man, he was really nice and told me he loved me. Until one night when I told him I needed to go home , he wouldn't let me. Then ...he.....he....raped me"

"Oh no" Martha gasped

"I have never truly recovered from it to be honest, but I just have to get on with it because its done and theres nothing anyone can do about it now"

"You are so lucky to have such beautiful children Martha, I know you are a great mother, I've seen you fight for your children and thats what a truly strong mother is like"

"I love each and every one of them with all my heart and cherish every moment I have with them"

"Yeah , I see that" Chloe began to tear up

"Hey,hey whats up , don't cry"

"I'm so sorry I don't know what came over me" she wiped the tears from her eyes

"Don't worry about it , we all need to let it all out sometimes, it makes us feel so much better. It works for me anyway"

"Anyway have you and Jack patched things up yet ?"

"No, not yet. Oh and thanks again for telling me what he couldn't!"

"Oh of course, I hate being lied to worse than anything and didn't think you deserved it, thats all. So tell me about yourself and Jack"

"Oh its such a long story , we've had such an up and down relationship over the years, we have gotten married twice now, and we're still currently unmarried, how funnys that" she laughed

"Sounds like you can't live without each other"

"yeah thats so true , after we married first he even married someone else afterwards - and dont even ask about her she was missing a whole lot of screws in her head"

"So how long do you plan on keeping him at arms length over the whole business with Jack jr going missing"

"Well I think I've left him sweat it out for long enough don't you"

"Yeah, you should go see him now actually!"

"Oh I don't want to leave you on your own"

"Oh don't be silly , I'll be fine , you go"

"Oh well if you insist. Oh and I had such a lovely afternoon with you , it was so nice talking to you, we should do it more often"

"yeah, definitely"

"Anyway I shouldn't be long , I'll speak to you later"

"Anybody home" Mattie called out as she pushed open Amanda's half open front door

She walked inside to the massive marble clad foyer where she could hear her voice echoing everytime she spoke.

"Amanda?"

She continued to walk through the house and as she entered the kitchen she couldn't believe her eyes.

"Oh my god, Matilda, what are you doing here" Amanda got a fright as she pushed a young teenager off her body and began fixing her dress back into its intended shape.

"Ohhh, I am so sorry I didn't realise you we're here, I mean....I didn't mean to disturb you.....actually, I'll just go"

Matilda turned around and swiftly walked back through the hallway but just as she reached the front door Belle appeared in the doorway.

"oh my god, Belle" Mattie yelled out

"Mattie!!!!" Belle squealed

The two of them ran towards each other and flung their arms around each other in a tight embrace.

"What are you doing here ?" Belle asked with a huge smile plastered in her face

"I needed a change of scenery"

"Aww Evan has gotten so big since I've seen him last"

"yeah hes big and bold now " Mattie laughed

"So , how is Drew ? "

"Oh haven't you heard , me and Drew are broken up a long time now!! I am seeing someone else now"

"Oh I never knew that!!"

"So whats this new guy like, whats his name"

"Well his names Nathan, and hes the best guy ever!!"

"Aww,I'm really happy for you"

"and what about Ric ?"

"Oh thats a long story"

"I have time, wana go for a cofee?

"yeah sure"

Archived