Slipping Through My Fingers

Guest -Kevin-

A/N: PLEASE READ CHAPTER 9 ON PREVIOUS PAGE FIRST

OK so I just had to write the next chapter, I was sort of on a roll :P (kinda short)

Chapter 10

"Hey babe, your awake" Angelo whispered as he stroked Charlie's hair

"What happened" she croaked

"You collapsed , and Leah found you" he replied

"Oh , I don't remember anything"

"Ssh you just get some rest"

"Whats wrong with me ? " she asked

"You , you had an ectopic pregnancy" he explained

"What ? I was pregnant?" she sat up in the bed

"I, had no idea" she cried

"What did the doctors say about my chances of having any more children?"

"They said they will have to wait till the swelling goes down but they are hopeful" he informed her

"Oh Angelo , what am I gona do if we can't have a family of our own ? she quivered

"Hey , babe don't talk like that " he comforted her

"You must be happy, you never wanted any more kids anyway!!"

"Charlie, how could I possibly be happy?"

"i don't know, you tell me. I can't have any kids now just like you have always wanted "

"Please stop this , I love you Charlie and if kids is what would make you happy then they would make you happy"

"So now your saying you only wants kids to shut me up ? Do you really think I would bring a child into this world to a father that doesn't really want it? " she yelled

"Well , we will never have to worry about that now so everythings alright I guess" she continued ranting

"Charlie, please just calm down, you are hurting right now I accept that and need some time to come to terms with whats just happened. So I am gona go home for a bit and sort out some stuff"

"Yeah, just go!" she barked

As he stood up to go he bent over to kiss her but she turned round in her bed and buried her head in her pillow. Angelo just stopped and looked at her for a few seconds before leaving the room....

------------------------------

"Oh , she is a total b*tch!!" Jess moaned

"She isn't that bad" Chloe replied

"Are you on a different planet or something ? She just kicked you out!"

"Yeah she did, and I deserved it. I've been wrecking her life since I arrived in town! Not to mention the lie I told her just so she would feel sorry for me"

"Why would you mess up her life ?"

"You know me Jess, always ready to mess up somebodys life!"

"I don't believe you messed up her life , not for one second. You have changed since all that stuff "

"Well quite clearly , I haven't seeing as I've been plotting to screw her life up for a good while now"

"But I don't understand, whats she ever done to you?"

"Whats she ever done to me ? Don't even get me started"

"She cursed my life , right from the very beginning. My life has been a living hell , and that is all down to her!!"

"Chloe, please your not making any sense"

" Yeah , nothing makes sense in my world!"

" I felt lower than I've ever felt these past few months so I tracked her down, I wanted to make her pay, I felt like if I found her and made her sorry or saw what she was like I might feel better. But it didn't. She was all set up here in Summer Bay , nice house, nice husband, 3 beautiful kids. What more could you want in a life ?"

" So you are jealous of her life ?"

"I am jealous because I want to be a part of her life. and I was you know, for a while, when I lied to her about the rape she hugged me and told me everything was going to be alright. Thats all I've ever wanted"

"You still haven't told me who she is or how you know her ...."

"I know her ........Because.............She's my mum!!" Chloe revealed.........................

Chloe watches Martha reunite with Jack from a distance, and longs to be a part of the family that shes always dreamt of....

Mattie is stunned when she is introduced to Belle's boyfriend......Will Mattie tell her best friend what she knows ? Or will she risk their friendship and try to spare her friends feelings ?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice couple of chapters.Couple of shocks there.Charlie had an ectopic pregnancy?Didn't think of that.Martha is Chloe's mother?Didn't realise she was old enough.Looking forward to seeing where it goes.

Well if you had remembered the previous fic to this one Martha was a bit upset and told Alf all about the baby she had when she was around 13 and this fic is set a good few years in the future, if I remember the initial fic started 5 years later, and went some more years later as it went on. Maybe I have aged Chloe by a couple of years by maybe around 3 or 4. I only planned on revealing that Martha had a baby when she was so young in the previous fic just so I could try and fly Chloe in under the radar so I introduced a long while after it was revealed about Martha.

Yeah Charlie's ectopic pregnancy, I think she is going to struggle. All shes wanted for quite a while now is a baby and finally she was oregnant and the thing shes wanted for so long almost killed her and left her chances of having children up in the air. We will have to see whether she will be able to have kids eventually.

and thanks freckleface for your comment as well :)

Good chapters! :D

Charlie might not be able to have any more kids. :( Hopefully, the doctors will have some good news for her.

:o Martha is Chloe's mother! No wonder she wants to be a part of Martha's life but why would she want to ruin her life then? If Martha knew, she might let her in her life.

Next chapter sounds really good. Please update soon. :)

why would she want to ruin her life then? If Martha knew, she might let her in her life.

Chloe had an awful childhood, her adoptive mother was no good and never treated her right. So Chloe blames Martha for giving her up in the first place , and sees it as Martha's fault she had such an awful upbringing. I do think that she regretted trying to wreck Martha's life after getting close to her and realising that she isn't all bad. We will be seeing a more softer but vulnerable side to Chloe now.

• 1 month later...

I know over the last few months the updates have been posted with huge gaps in between the next chapters, so I've decided to finish this fic off in the next couple of chapters.

It will end in around 5 or so chapters I've decided, I'm just gona move the storylines along quickly, and I'm gona write the remaining chapters in a short space of time justt to get them out of the way.

I'm really excited about finishing off this fic, its been over a year since the original fic began 5 years into the future, and its come a long way since then.

Archived