'H&A' star joins anti-homophobia campaign

Guest -Kevin-

Home and Away star Jessica Tovey has joined other Australian celebrities and politicians in supporting an anti-homophobia campaign.

The 21-year-old, who recently confirmed that she has filmed her final scenes with the Australian soap, has thrown her support behind the 'This Is Oz' campaign, which urges people to "speak up for an inclusive Australia".

"My sister is good friends with the organisers," Tovey told Australian gay publication Blaze. "I'm usually cautious about getting involved with any campaign, but when they told me about this I just thought it was a great idea and so important."

The campaign, which is described as "part art project, part human rights campaign", asks supporters to upload a photo of themselves with a handwritten or printed message to help fight discrimination against Australia's gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender community.

"I wanted my message to be celebratory," Tovey added. "I have many gay friends and this is my way of letting them know how much I love them and how important they are in my life."

Source: Digital Spy

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived