Lincoln Lewis admits filming sex tape

Guest Jamey-Maria

I know this isn't the same article but from the same site, about Lincoln...

Home and Away star Lincoln Lewis admits filming sex tape

June 05, 2009 12:00am

LOGIE-winning soap star Lincoln Lewis last night admitted filming a sex tape with a teenage TV starlet and showing the footage to castmates and colleagues.

Channel 7 has disciplined the Home and Away pin-up, a heart-throb to teenage girls around Australia, over his actions.

Lewis, the son of rugby league legend Wally Lewis, said he deeply regretted his behaviour.

"You do stupid things when you are young," a remorseful Lewis said.

"But you learn from your mistakes, that's part of growing up.

"This mistake, and what I have learnt, will contribute a lot to making me a better person in the future."

Channel 7 insiders are understood to be taking the matter extremely seriously and are expected to have Lewis, who plays Geoff Campbell on the long-running drama, counselled.

Lewis, a rising star at the network, is understood to have filmed the act on a mobile phone last year.

Sources said he had showed the footage to fellow cast members and crew on the family soap, who had been unimpressed with his behaviour and urged him to get rid of the footage.

It is believed the footage has since been deleted.

Lewis was in Melbourne on Thursday posing for pictures with scantily clad dancers as he prepared to take part in the new season of ratings hit Dancing With The Stars.

Channel 7 programming director Tim Worner said the network stood by Lewis.

"As soon as Channel 7 was made aware of these allegations we needed to urgently clarify fact from fiction," Mr Worner said.

"Lincoln is a young man of tremendous character.

"He acknowledges and can accept and take responsibility when he has made a mistake, and regrets the event which transpired over a year ago."

Lewis won a Logie last year as the best new male talent on TV.

Is this bizzare news day or something?

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well it happened over a year ago so why is it news today? It was a silly adolescent and stupid thing to do and hopefully he hs learned from it. I bet his Mum gave him a right telling off.

What I find fascinating is that Channel Nine with Lincoln's step mum was all quick to jump on Jodi Gordon's story but nothing has really been said about Lincoln until a little later. When it comes to stars related or dating press reps things seem to be downplayed - don't you think?

What I find fascinating is that Channel Nine with Lincoln's step mum was all quick to jump on Jodi Gordon's story but nothing has really been said about Lincoln until a little later. When it comes to stars related or dating press reps things seem to be downplayed - don't you think?

Wouldnt the girl be Indiana Evans ?

The mother of soap opera star Lincoln Lewis has attacked the mystery woman involved in a sex tape her son filmed on his mobile phone, even comparing her with Bill Clinton's ex-lover Monica Lewinski.

Jacqui Lewis told Nova's Ryan, Monty and Wippa that she thought her son had been involved in an accident after failing to meet up with her during a trip to Melbourne for the State of Origin game and was initially "relieved" when she learned about the sex film.

Her relief quickly turned to anger as the Home and Away hunk told of making the recording and showing it to others on the set.

"I did tell him, 'how many times I have told you that things will come back and bite you if you do the wrong thing?'" she said.

But Ms Lewis quickly rounded on the then-18-year-old starlet involved in the scandal.

"I am glad he is not with that girl any more, I don't want that as a daughter-in-law," she said.

"It takes two to tango, doesn't it?

"She must have said she was willing to do it, it's on his phone but she allowed it.

"As a female, I wouldn't be doing any of that – we keep things.

"Have a look at Monica Lewinski with Bill Clinton: she kept the dress."

Ms Lewis also revealed that her husband and Lincoln's father, rugby league legend Wally Lewis, thought "it is no one's business".

"Wally's got to remember, as I've always told him, everything you do when you're in the public eye belongs to the people," she said.

Ms Lewis also revealed that the clip had been deleted from her son's mobile phone and she understood the footage had not been distributed.

A Facebook page claiming to be that of Lincoln Lewis lists him as being "in an open relationship".

From the ninemsm.com.au website

Archived