Healing The Wounds

Guest adellejefferiesxox

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter four Warning; references to suicide, sexual references

Song lyrics: My Immortal, Evanescence

Problems do not go away. They must be worked through or else they remain, forever a barrier to the growth and development of the spirit. M. Scott Peck, M.D.

"This is your fault. If you were being a good little girl like I told you this wouldn't have happened" Belle was lying on her bed staring the ceiling. Voices and images ran wilding inside Belle's mind and ears. "You're such an ungrateful child! We give you food on our tables, buy you toys, dress you in clean clothes, and yet you still are a brat" Belle's "father" screamed at her. "I'm sorry" Belle replied looking ashamed. "You should be, I work all day and all night. Look at you; you're a wog, a dirty wog, from that rotten country New Zealand. I should have never agreed to let you inside my home. I thought you would have been acting like an Aussie by now, but NO!"

"I'm sorry...I...." Belle stuttered with tears in her eyes. "Go to your room Belle, you must be punished for your consistent childlike behaviour" Her father warned, Belle was only nine. What did he expect of her?

"What are you standing there for? GO!" He shouted and Belle scrabbled back to her room, terrified of the punishment.

"Belle....?" Irene knocked and then opened the door, "Is everything okay love?" Irene asked noticing Belle was on her bed at 11am. "Yeah, I'm fine..." Belle got up and pretended to look for something on her dressing room table. "Okay....don't yet darl, you need to cover Matt's shift tonight.." Belle smiled and nodded, hoping it would be enough to get rid of Irene. "But you do know that Aden Jefferies will be there, that boy is nothing but bad news....you steer clear from him, you hear me"

"Don't worry Irene, all Aden Jefferies cares about is getting into girls' pants and that's not going to happen while I'm working in the Pier Diner"

"Good for you love, you're a very smart girl" Irene closed the door; I'm a very smart girl? Is she seriously or was she joking?

"Ohh yeah....you like that..." Nicole giggled childishly as Aden and Nicole got down and dirty. "Mmmm...feels good" Aden replied smirking. The two were going at it in the kitchen with Nicole on the bench and Aden thrusting upwards. "You know if daddy dearest knew what we were getting up to, you'd probably get kicked out" Nicole teased. "That's a risk I'm willing to take" The two laughed. "Nicole...?" Roman entered the front door. "Oh sh*t" Aden zipped up his pants. "What are you guys doing here, aren't you suppose to be at school?" Roman had no clue what they were doing in the kitchen. "We just had lunch, we're going now...bye daddy" Nicole skipped out the kitchen as Aden followed like a hungry lion. "Bye guys" Roman farewelled them, still oblivious to the fact they had just had sex.

"Right now you've been punished I want you to keep your mouth shut about what we just discussed ok? If you're good I'll buy you a bag of lollies, ok.

Sweetheart" Belle's "father" mocked, slamming the door. Belle struggled for breath as she cried.

These wounds won't seem to heal; this pain is just too real

there's just too much that time cannot erase

"It's okay, I'm here no need to fear" Aden threw his arms up in the air like he was the greatest man on earth. Belle ignored him, as she continued to chop some onions. "No need to cry sweetheart, I'm here" Aden saw Belle's eyes were struggling to win the fight against the onions. But being called "sweetheart" triggered Belle to attack pushing him against the fridge Belle threatened "If you ever call me sweetheart again I'll rearrange your face so badly that when girls see your face they will run away screaming!" Aden was physically shocked Belle had pinned him against the wall, he could see that she was dead serious. "

"Sorry....I was just joking.." Aden said genuinely.

"You're a slag, ugly, small, worthless, annoying...." Belle's ears were ringing with name calling. "Shut up, shut up!" Belle slammed her fist down against the bench. "What I didn't say anything?" Aden turned again to see Belle breathing deeply. "Just get back to work..." Belle mumbled catching her breath.

"Hey you sexy thing!" Nicole barged in. "Nicole, you're not suppose to be in here" Belle hissed. "Aww but my daddy basically owns the diner and I needed to see this extremely attractive male you are hiding in the kitchen" Nicole jumped on Aden kissing him passionately. "Garr, you guys are seriously disgusting. I think I might actually vomit" Belle said angrily trying to focus on her work, but the sound soft their lips meeting and breaking apart and the sound of his tongue sliding around her mouth was hard to block out. "Will you two stop it!" Belle turned around. "Awww I think someone is jealous.." Nicole laughed, kissing Aden again. "I'm not....just get out of here Nicole" Belle turned back around, for some reason which she didn't know it bugged her seeing them going at it.

"Ooo, you're such a naughty boy.." Nicole teased. "That's it...get out...." Belle shoved Nicole out of the kitchen. "We were just mucking around, Jesus someone is uptight" Belle was so irritated so let loose slapping Nicole in front of everyone eating at the diner. "You B8tch, what the hell was that for?" Aden couldn't help but laugh, then Nicole stormed off. "What are you looking at get back to work!" Belle demanded. "Belle, next time you and Nicole have a cat fight over me, let me know, that was quite entertaining" Aden smirked. "This fist is going to fly into your face if you don't shut up now"

"How was work?" Irene asked cheerfully as she sat on the couch. "Mm" Belle mumbled storming into her room. "Stupid work, stupid life, stupid, stupid, stupid!" Belle kicked the bed and then looked at herself in the mirror, "Yes are you're stupid as well. F8ck I can't take this anymore. Life is such a f*ckin joke" Belle sat down scribbling down on a piece of paper.

"Irene...hi" Aden knocked on the door. "What are you doing here?" Irene said in a threatening manner. "I'm....sorry, I was kinda rude to Belle tonight and I just wanted to say I was sorry for my actions earlier..." Irene found it hard to believe Aden wanted to apologise but allowed him to. "If anything happens in there I

shall I know, I have good hearing..."

"Okay sure...Belle...." Aden gently tapped on the door. But the room was empty, Aden turned the light on and looked around for a moment then he noticed a piece of paper folded and left on her pillow.

Hi....

It's me, Belle, of course. I'm sorry it's come to this. It's been longing to happen for some time now. But I've decided to leave this life. I cant take it anymore, and although you'll never know why I'm feeling this way. I want you to know that I love you guys all so much. This wasn't an easy decision, but I feel I have no choice. There is nothing worth living for anymore. I feel so numb, I feel sad, not happy. I feel anger not love.

So goodbye ~

Love Belle xxx

"Oh my god..." Aden whispered putting the note into his pocket. "So did you apologise..." Irene asked as she read a book. "Ah yeah...she was half asleep so you better not wake her. I'll see you tomorrow" Aden left his heart racing, I've got to find Belle, he said to himself. "Belle...!!" Aden yelled as he looked on the beach. "Belle!!" Aden shouted calling her and searching in every possible place.

"Okay just breathe, you can do this. Just jump. Come on Belle, jump.....now....now" Belle looked over the edge of the cliff. "Belle....!!!" Aden screamed as he spotted Belle on a huge cliff. "What do you think you're doing!" Aden shouted angrily. "You know people care about you and you're going to kill yourself by jumping off a cliff. Have you gone nuts!!"

"What are you doing here, go away!" Belle stared down at the crashing waves. "Belle, don't do this." Aden was panicking. "Why do you care!" Belle snapped. The wind blew Belle's hair wildly, "Because I care about you....I do....I know I haven't shown it but I always have Belle....now lets just go...." Aden reached out for her hand. "No...I'm sorry Aden."

"Belle, think about what you're doing" Aden didn't give up. "I am, it's the right thing to do. Aden, I'm done. I'm sick of life, I'm sick of...everything. I cant deal with this pain anymore. No one understands me"

"Then let me understand you Belle.....I know you're a girl and everything and trying to fully understand you would be impossible" Aden's humour was still in tact. "Aden....I'm sorry, I'm gonna jump"

"If you were going to jump you would have done it by now" Aden said strongly. "Just take my hand, let's get you home"

"I can nothing left here for me. I want to do this. Why of all people are you here anyway..." Aden reached into his pocket showing her the note. "Give me that" Belle tried to snatch it from him. "No" Aden released it, it flew away with the wind. "What did you do that for, now how are people suppose to know I killed myself"

"They're not going to know, because you're not doing this" Aden said calmly. He could see how scared she was of everything, jumping off the cliff, him and everything else.

"Just give me one reason why I shouldn't jump"

"Because I think I love you.."

"Bull, that's such a lie" Belle snapped. "It's true Belle, I only kissed Nicole in the kitchen to make you jealous, otherwise I wouldn't have agreed. If Roman ever caught us"

"You're such a liar Aden, I know what's been going on with Nicole and you"

"Okay, fair enough. But I know there's something between us Belle, can't you feel it?"

"No"

"Can't you feel that connection between us? I know I can, I'm only starting to realise it now. When I read that letter Belle, I was scared for you. I just wanted to help you. Because I care about you. I do"

"I....I'm sorry Aden, I can't believe that you're in love with me, where did this come from? You've never showed interest in me. "

"Well no exactly...but I guess that explains why I can't help but tease you, well.....the constant bickering between us Belle. It's just my crazy way of saying...I like you" Aden smiled. "I'm not ready for a relationship now with you or anyone" Belle said trying to push Aden away. "Yeah look that's cool, I get it. But maybe we could be friends, I could help you get through this stuff. I want to be there for you"

"I'm sorry Aden, I don't feel comfortable with telling you my past history"

"Okay, I understand. But when you're ready, I'm here. You can tell me anything" Aden smiled again, for once Aden looked at her in a different way. Belle could see Aden wasn't joking. "You're a jerk" Belle teased. "Okay....miss smarty pants.." Aden chuckled. "Now will you come with me?" Aden put of his hand again, waiting for her response. "Yes" Belle slowly took hold of Aden's hand and smiled, Aden slowly leaned towards her hand and kissed it. "I knew you wanted me"

"Get over yourself"

"You love it" Aden finally said as the two walked back to Irene's holding hands.

Okay, I got your note and you've sucked me in...kind of.I'm pretty intrigued by Belle's problems, I'm wondering if we were meant to guess one of them from that last chapter and I like the way you write her with her family.So I'm going to keep reading.

Just caught up on the past few chapters, and I'm really liking this fic. I'm really curious as to what happened to Belle in the past. It all sounds too sad :(

Glad that Aden managed to talk Belle down in the end. Hopefully she'll be able to open up to him gradually.

Can't wait for more.

xoxo

• 4 months later...

Archived