Healing The Wounds

Guest adellejefferiesxox

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

something really bad must have happened to make her feel that bad about herself and to treat everyone around her that way!

Yep, several "bad" things happened to her. The first secret you may be able to work out as I drop some clues the other secret you'll discover in time.

Thanks to everybody who's reading this story.

Love the second chapter! I think it's probably one of the best I've read out of all your stories actually.

You seem to have put lots of thought into the backstory and finding out more about how Belle got to this point is really keeping me interested.

Belle's emotions are very realistic. Can't wait for the next chapter!!

Chapter two

{From Irene’s, Annie and Belle make their way to the diner for lunch}

“Hey you alright, Geoff and I didn’t do something wrong did we, we were just mucking around. Seriously Belle no one will ever see those pictures of you.” The thought of Belle hating Annie was scary to her, she didn’t want anything to come between her friendship with Belle.

“Oh no, it’s alright. I was just grumpy before that’s all. I didn’t mean to take it out of you guys” Belle smiled hushing it all up. She didn’t want to go into the issue any further. “That’s okay. We won’t bug you anymore with the camera, we promise” Annie smiled at Belle hoping it would convince Belle into forgiving Annie some more.

“Mummy, don’t go....mummy!’ A little girl cried as her mother walked away from the park, it was impossible to get a child to leave a place of amusement. “I’m going now, bye-bye” The mother waved at her pretending to leave, hoping it would encourage her child to follow. “Belle, you ok?” Belle stared at the child whose face was all red and wet from her tears.

“So where’s your mummy? Is she gone too?” A little voice whispered into Belle’s ears, of course the voice wasn’t real. Belle was a child sitting with another girl the same age as her; Belle replied “I don’t know...she was here, now she’s gone”. The other girl looked around and questioned Belle, “I wonder where we’re going?”

“Belle, hey?” Annie waved her hand. “Oh yeah, sorry...just having a day dream” Belle snapped out of it. “Come on let’s go and have lunch”

{Annie and Belle arrive at the diner}

“Can I please have a hamburger with salad and chips” Belle asked a causal working at the diner. “I’ll have the same” Annie smiled politely. “Mummy can I have an ice-cream...please!” A little boy begged. “Okay, but only because I love you” The relationship with the mother and son was clear, “who’s a good boy? Who’s a good boy?” The boy giggled taking a hold of his ice-cream quickly. That’s what I want.... Belle watched as the mother and son sat down with the father. Such a perfect family... Belle thought to herself. “Belle?” Annie called out, she was already sitting at a table. “Hey yeah sorry....” Belle quickly made her way over to the table. “Are you sure you’re ok, you seem to be zoning out today”

“Oh yeah, I’m just tired” Belle pulled another fake smile.

“Nicole, hi!” Annie was quick to greet Nicole. “Join us” Nicole sat down, she looked just as good as Belle felt – awful. “What’s the matter?” Annie suddenly noticed Nicole was down in the dumps. “One of Ruby’s friends tried to kill herself the other night”

“Oh my god Nicole...I’m really sorry” Annie was sympathetic. “It’s okay...kinda a good I guess, because now the school has set up a hotline for people dealing with tough issues. It’s open to everyone, Summer Bay students, ex-students. Basically all teenagers in the bay are welcome to call them. It’s totally anonymous’ Belle was desperate for help, even though she didn’t want to admit it. She knew deep down she was struggling, her past was catching up with her.

“You can find the number of the school website, sorry guys I have to go. I’m meeting Ruby” Nicole sat up her face revealed it all. Nicole knew what is like to come close to ending it all as her close friend attempted but failed. Luckily she was saved by love, family and a trusting counsellor.

{9:30..... Annie, Irene and Geoff are asleep. Belle is calling from her room}

“Anonymous hotline, how may I help you this evening?”

“Ah hi.....um....I’m not sure how this works....” Belle was nervous her heart must have been going at an impossible speed. “Okay just tell me what you would like to discuss tonight and we’ll go from there” The lady was polite you could hear her enthusiasm, sympathy in her voice. “Umm actually, I....there’s nothing to talk about....bye...”

“No wait, hello - ?”

“Yes...” Belle stuttered.

“I know this is hard, but you’ve taken the first step to getting help. You should be proud of yourself” The caller said trying to encourage Belle to open up.

“Well first of all, I hate myself. I am ugly. I can’t stand to look at myself in the mirror. I have no family, while everyone else has a perfect family. I’m alone, I can’t sleep at night. I have recurring nightmares and flashbacks. I have no one to talk to. Sometimes I want to die”

“Okay...now can you tell me why you’re feeling this way? What made you feel the way you’re feeling...did something happen to you...” Well of course something happened to me! Why else would I be calling, bloody hell these shameless counsellors trying to shrink charity cases, well I’m no charity case and I definitely don’t need any help or advice, thank you very much. I don’t know why I bothered.

“Dear - ?”

“I’m sorry, I have to go. You can go and shrink someone else tonight, cya...” Belle said sarcastically hanging up.

I know this probably makes no sense yet but all will be revealed eventually I'm just laying the ground work, dropping a few clues. Hopefully no so obvious. Hope you like chapter two.

Archived