If No One Will Listen

Guest Louise_2983

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry this is so long but I wanted to get all this in together as the sections sort of link...

Chapter 10

“Fearless

With cape in hand

I conquer what I need to mend

Little girls get so broken”

Ready - Kelly Clarkson

She sighed deeply as the ref blew his whistle once more and penalised Aden for yet another rough, illegal tackle. He was clearly using the game as an outlet for all his pent up anger and frustration over the Belle situation but it wasn’t getting him very far and he was going to be seeing the red card very soon if he wasn’t careful.

She couldn’t remember her reason for coming to watch him play now, she had a vague recollection of needing a distraction but even 22 men running around all sweaty in tight little shorts wasn’t helping her with that. Especially given that one of them was Geoff. If she’d known he’d joined the town team too she would never have come to watch the game in the first place.

“Hi” he told her with a nod as he sat down next to her, pausing to watch the Yabbie Creek team miss the penalty awarded after Aden’s indiscretion, before continuing.

“It’s Nicole isn’t it?”

She felt a flutter of delight whirl around her tummy at the fact he knew her name but ignoring it she decided to feign ignorance and keep her cool.

“Yeah” she nodded nonchalantly.

“Sorry I know you’re Belle’s friend but I don’t remember your name?”

“Right” he chuckled, arching his eyebrows as he saw straight through her.

“Even though my albums are the top 3 most listened to on your ipod?”

“You’ve only released 2 alb-“ she began to object and let her sentence trail off as she realised he’d tricked her and he smiled wide in delight.

Her face flushing a crimson hue as she giggled in embarrassment, she took the opportunity to examine him close up. Without airbrushing she could see every flaw, the tiny lines beginning to form

around his eyes, the uneven pattern of freckles speckled over the bridge of his nose and the tiny scar just above his right eyebrow. She had to admit that the imperfections made him somehow more

real and even more attractive.

“Nice to meet you too Liam” she groaned in defeat as laughed once more.

“Wow they cured your amnesia quick!” he teased unforgivingly.

“Thanks for the Facebook group by the way”

“Oh you’ve seen that?” she cringed staring down into her lap as if the chequered print of her Gucci skirt was the most interesting thing she had ever seen.

“I might check it out every now and again, got to keep the ego well fed you know?”

“Right” she nodded suddenly finding his confidence bordering on arrogance very attractive.

“I’m joking!” he laughed softly.

“As cheesy as this is going to sound, it really is all about the music, I don’t go in for all that female adulation”

“That is cheesy” she laughed with a nod as he smiled sexily at her and her stomach did somersaults.

“And such a lie!”

“I’m a married man!” he objected, twisting his silver wedding ring around his finger idly.

“Then how did you know about the group?” she questioned knowingly as he chuckled.

“Annie showed it to me last night”

“Oh right, your new biggest fan” she teased softly, her attention now completely off the football game going on and the crowd cheering around them.

“I was watching you talking to her earlier. Someone’s got a crush!”

“Don’t be ridiculous!” he protested with a cheeky wink.

“She’s not my type at all!”

“I mea-”

“Yeah I know what you meant!” he cut her off as she giggled at his discomfort over her teasing.

“She’s totally in awe of you, it’s very cute”

“Stop mocking her!” he scolded her as they both glanced at Annie who was busy cheering Geoff on from the sidelines and totally oblivious to the fact she was being discussed.

“She’s a sweet kid”

“And besides you’re more interested in Belle right?” she arched her perfectly plucked eyebrows at him expectantly.

“We’re just friends” he told her adamantly.

“So you can tell Aden that when you report back to him later”

“I don’t tell Aden everything” she snapped at the insinuation that she would run straight back to Aden and spill all the details of her chat with Liam.

“Oh really?” he asked feigning surprise.

“Because I heard that you shared everything

“Seriously!” she moaned in frustration.

“Did I miss The Coastal News running a story on me and Aden having sex because there doesn’t seem to be anyone in this damn town who doesn’t know about it?!”

“Hit a nerve there didn’t I?”

She huffed angrily and rubbed her temple anxiously.

“It was a mistake and we’ve moved past it. Thankfully we managed to stop it coming between us but it could still do that if people in this town don’t let it go!”

“It came between Aden and Belle though didn’t it?” he murmured knowingly.

“Yes and I’m sorry for that but I can’t change it and it wasn’t the only thing that came between them. She was hiding a drug addiction from him! The blame for that can’t be put on my shoulders too!”

“I wasn’t blaming you” he told her sincerely.

“But I care about Belle and right now she’s hurting so if you and your brother are still going at it th-”

“He’s not my brother and we are not going at anything!”

“Good because she’s trying to hide it but she’s miserable without him and eventually she’s going to let him back in. It would kill her if there was still something between you two” he told her, his concern

for Belle clearly genuine. It had been three weeks since Belle had told Aden to leave her be and he’d stuck to his word but that didn’t mean that either of them were happy about it.

“He’s miserable too, want to just bang their heads together?” she suggested with a wicked giggle.

“It’s tempting but like you said, Belle’s dealing with a lot more than just her issues with Aden right now. She just needs to do things in her own time”

“How is she?”

His big brown eyes, so deep she could dive in and drown in them, widened in obvious surprise.

“From what I’ve heard about you, I didn’t think you’d care”

“Right because I’m the town ho who sleeps with her brother, corrupts the good Christian boy and abandons her baby?!” she snapped angrily, his pre-judgement of her causing fury to surge through her

veins.

“No” he told her softly, his voice clear of judgement. He of all people knew what it was like to have people judge you without knowing the facts. The press did it to him on a daily basis.

“I just didn’t think you and Belle were the best of friends exactly”

“That doesn’t mean I want her drug problem to ruin her and it matters to Aden so it matters to me”

“She’s doing ok” he whispered, flashing a row of whitened teeth at her.

“If anyone can beat this it’s her. She’s strong and determined and ...amazing”

“Are you sure you’re not in love with her?” she scoffed, his gaze wandering to where Belle was watching the match uncomfortably, squirming in her seat, clearly not having realised that Aden would be

playing.

“Nah” he chuckled quietly.

“She’s great and all but I prefer the leggy blonde type” he smiled cheekily letting his eyes flicker teasingly over his appearance.

“Right” she giggled like the school girl she was, her cheeks blushing a rosy red as he grinned.

“And speaking of blonds” he nodded towards the field where Geoff was being crushed by the rest of the team as they congratulated him on scoring a hat trick.

“That one there seems to be pretty enamoured with you”

“So that’s why you’re talking to me?” she sighed in annoyance.

“They all lucked out in persuading me to be part of Angelica’s life so they thought they’d send you in, see if your celebrity status could swing things in their favour?”

“No” he shook his head, letting out a low laugh, as the tiny flicks of hair at the nape of his neck swayed from side to side.

“They didn’t send me. I just thought you looked as bored as I felt and there’s nothing like some good conversation with a pretty girl to brighten up an afternoon”

“Conversation? Right” she grinned as he laughed at how obvious her delight that he had come to talk to her was.

“Yep, nothing but good old conversation”

“Whatever!”

“And seen as we are conversing and you brought up Angelica, do you want to talk about it? I mean I don’t know you, granted you probably know more about me than is healthy for anyone given

the stuff they put on the internet these days, but it could help to talk to a stranger about it. I’m not going to judge you”

“There’s nothing to say” she shrugged sadly.

“I made my decision and it feels like the right one so I’m sticking by it”

“But it hurts yeah?” he whispered hesitantly.

“Yeah” she nodded in confirmation.

“But nothing like it would hurt my baby if I tried to be her mother when I know that I’ll fail. I know it seems selfish bu-”

“No it doesn’t actually” he told her genuinely impressed by her attitude.

“I kind of admire you for it. I mean I’m a mess and I miss my son like crazy. It probably would be better for him if I wasn’t around, but I’m selfish and I can’t give him up. I’ll do anything to get him

back, even if it means fighting his mother for custody”

“You’re fighting your drug problem though right? Once you’ve done that then you could be a great father”

“I hope so” he nodded with a smile.

“So what makes you think you wouldn’t be a great mother one day?”

“I just wouldn’t” she let out a sad sigh.

“I8 years ago I was Angelica, only my parents kept me and then let me down over and over again”

“That doesn’t mean you’re going to be like them”

“I already am like them!” she laughed ironically.

“I’m selfish and I c-”

“Could change” he completed her sentence for her.

“You could change. That’s what parenthood does Nicole, it turns your world upside down and it is terrifying but in my experience it’s worth it. Seeing Ash, that’s my son,” he clarified his sentence to

explain.

“Seeing him smile or hearing his little laugh, the tiniest of things are worth more than any album sales or awards or fan mail...everything I thought was important before just isn’t as significant anymore”

“I made my decision” she told him again, this time in a whisper.

“And Geoff would let you change it in a second” he told her knowingly as the final whistle blew and he got up to rejoin Belle and Annie.

“Just think about it”

“Ok” she agreed with a smile as he turned to leave, his words lingering in her mind no matter how much she wanted to forget them. Maybe she could change? But did she want to?

“Liam!” she called after him, pushing thoughts of her daughter to the back of her mind as she delved into her pocket to retrieve her iphone.

“Yeah?”

“You don’t really think I’m going to spend 15 minutes talking to Liam Murphy and not get photographic evidence of it do you?” she giggled coming over all fangirly.

“For a minute there I forgot you were one of them” he laughed looping his arm around her and leaning in as she held out her phone in front of them to take them photo.

“Want me to sign your chest too?” he smirked cheekily after the bright flash had temporarily sent him dizzy.

“Nah it’s ok” she laughed cheekily.

“I already have your name tattooed there”

His brown eyes narrowed suspiciously, unsure whether she was joking or not.

“Please tell me that was a joke?”

She smirked teasingly and began to walk away from him, calling back over her shoulder without turning to look at his face.

“You’ll never be lucky enough to know”

The tiny cafe was empty except for the nerdy girl hidden away in the corner hammering away at her laptop and the overenthusiastic waitress who kept pestering her to ask if he wanted a refill. She

didn’t. All she wanted was for him to walk through the door and put her at ease, to smile at her and let her know this was ok. Emailing him to arrange the meeting had been the easy option and she’d

gladly taking it, she’d been surprised when he’d agreed. Pleasantly so but all the same surprised. She just hoped it wouldn’t be a disaster like practically everything else in her life had been lately.

“Belle?”

She tilted her head upwards, her heart pounding rapidly as her eyes met his and he smiled softly.

“Hi” she replied suddenly flustered, gesturing to the chair opposite her for him to sit down.

“...Mr Hart”

She cursed herself, groaning inwardly. Mr Hart? Mr Hart? She was such an idiot and he was going to hate her.

He chuckled softly as he sat down and clasped his hands in front of him on the table.

“Belle, I wasn’t expecting you to call me Dad at this stage but Mr Hart is a bit formal don’t you think?”

“Sorry” she cringed, sliding her coffee cup over the table idly.

“I’m just really nervous”

“That makes two of us then” he grinned at her and a sense of ease suddenly washed over her.

“Call me Adam”

“Right, sure I can do that” she let out a low giggle.

“It’s nice to finally meet you Adam”

“Is it?” he questioned, his gaze wandering over her inquisitively.

“Of course” she replied hesitantly, he didn’t seem as keen on this meeting as she had been.

For weeks it had all she’d been able to think about, finding her father and ridding herself of the feeling that she didn’t really know who she was. The feeling that something was missing that had been

haunting her ever since her release from rehab. Watching Geoff with Angelica had only served to heighten her curiosity and eventually she’d managed to persuade Amanda to reveal his identity to her.

Although it had taken a lot of pestering, as though Amanda thought she’d be better off not knowing.

“I should warn you now Belle” he sighed as the waitress brought him the coffee he’d ordered at the counter before joining his daughter.

“Before you get any false hopes. I’m not really the father type”

“Amanda said you had kids?” she asked him slightly confused.

“I do” he nodded and her heart instantly plummeted into the depths her stomach. It wasn’t that he wasn’t the father type, he just didn’t want to be her father.

“Two boys but as much as I’d like to say I’m the perfect Dad, I’m not. So if that’s who you’re looking for then you may as well walk out of that door right now”

“I’m not looking for the perfect Dad” she told him slowly.

“I’m not really looking for a Dad at all, not if that’s not what you want. I just wanted to know who you were”

“And are you disappointed?” he asked as she cast her gaze over him in his grey suit turned up mid way up his forearms, the expensive initialled gold cufflinks, glimmering in the mellow lighting of the

cafe. His hair was exactly the same shade as her own and gazing into his deep brown eyes felt like looking at her own reflection.

“A little” she admitted with a sigh.

“I mean in my dreams as a little girl you were a superhero and you wore your pants on the outside. But you know, I suppose you’re not bad considering what I could have ended up with”

“I see you inherited your mother’s sense of sarcasm” he noted duly. She struggled to decipher whether it was a compliment or a criticism.

“What has she told you about us?”

“Nothing much” she shrugged sadly, eager to know more.

“You were a few years above her at school, you had a girlfriend but she pursued you until she got what she wanted. And believe me I can definitely see her doing that!” she laughed softly.

“And then both my Mum and your girlfriend fell pregnant and you chose your girlfriend”

“That pretty much sums it up” he nodded matter of factly, sipping his steaming hot coffee.

“Lizzie my girlfriend, I was in love with her. Amanda was just a...”

“Mistake?” she filled in the blank for him.

“I was going to say a distraction and I admit it a welcome one. I was a teenage boy with hormones flying all over the place and Amanda was pretty hot back then”

“She still is” Belle told him suddenly feeling protective of her mother.

“I’m sure she is” he smiled softly.

“But Lizzie and I have been married almost 20 years now”

“Wow you could have been out of jail by now and everything!”

“You are definitely Amanda’s daughter” he laughed at her quip with a cheeky grin.

“And if it had been Amanda I’d married I would have probably been coming up for parole right now, boy did she used to drive me crazy!” he exclaimed but she could see from the glint in his eye that he

at least had some fond memories of Amanda.

“How is she?”

“She’s good, she’s happy” she told him confidently.

“And married. She has two sons too, Ryan and Josh”

“And what about you, am I a granddad yet?”

“I’m 20!” she blurted out instantly in horror.

“And when I was 20 you were how old? 5?” he laughed knowingly.

“Ah good point” she giggled before confirming her childless status.

“Well you’re not married because there’s no ring” he announced as his eyes fluttered over her left hand.

“Boyfriend?”

“No” she shook her head slowly, her dark tresses swaying from side to side as she did so.

“Oh come on, I don’t believe that for a second! Single? A gorgeous girl like you?”

“Well there is someone but we’re not together at the moment...technically” she told him in a low murmur, her stomach flipping as she wondered what Aden was doing in that moment.

“Ah technicalities, yes I know all about those”

“I thought you said you’d been married to your high school sweetheart for 20 years?”

“That doesn’t mean it’s always been plain sailing Belle” he grinned in a way that made her instantly sure he hadn’t remained faithful to Lizzie for even one of the twenty years.

“So what about your children?” she asked hesitantly.

“I guess they’re sort of my brothers”

“I guess so” he nodded.

“Tristan’s 18, in Year 12, just coming up to the HSC and Russell’s well your age obviously. Only a few months older I think, you were born in August ’88 right?”

“September” she corrected trying not to let it affect her that her own father didn’t even know her date of birth. Of all the things to get upset about in this scenario that wasn’t it.

“Right yeah, Russell was born June 9th” he informed her, oblivious to how she was feeling.

“So what does he do?” she asked trying to shake the hurt rushing through her.

“He’s sort of in the family business”

“You’ve got your own business? Doing what?”

“Oh this and that you know” he dismissed her question.

“It’s boring really. Tell me about what you do”

“Well I’m kind of in between jobs right now” she admitted with a sigh.

“I had a few problems with work things” she told him really not wanting to discuss her drug habit with him. He’d probably run a mile and, no matter how much he was unsettling her, she wanted to know

him.

“But I’m getting there”

“Glad to hear it” he smiled but she wasn’t sure if it was through genuine interest or just a need to do something with his lips.

“So do your son’s know about me?” she reverted the topic back to his family, eager to know what he’d told them. Whether she was his dirty little secret or not.

“No” he shook his head confirming what she’d already known deep down.

“But Lizzie does of course. Amanda made sure she knew she was stealing little Kimberley’s daddy away”

“Kimberley?”

“That was what she was going to call you. Kimberley Alexis Vale...very Dynasty don’t you think?”

“Erm I don’t know” she shrugged.

“She never told me that”

“Are you two close?” he asked with genuine interest this time.

“Yeah” she nodded with a smile.

“It took a while and goodness knows we still have plenty of moments where we could gladly throttle each other but yeah we are”

“Look I have to go” he suddenly told her abruptly after a quick glance at his watch.

“Business things you know?”

“Right, sure” she nodded in disappointment.

“Look Belle” he told her honestly as he stood up and tossed enough money to pay for both of their coffees onto the table.

“I can’t promise close, I’m not Amanda. I haven’t spent the past 20 years wishing you were part of my life. But I would like to get to know you better. We’re having a party this weekend at our place,

Lizzie and I would like it if you came”

“Sure, I’d like that too” she told him with a smile but everything about her, including the curve of her lips, was suddenly forced.

She called out his name softly, still not entirely certain that she had made the right decision. Her high pitched voice echoed around the apparently empty house like a bullet ricocheting off tin walls as the sharp clatter of her heels on the wooden flooring pounded a gentle rhythm, slow and steady in contrast to the nervous throbbing of her heart against the thin walls of her chest.

“Geoff?” she repeated at a slightly louder volume, her confidence in her own decision still not strong enough to enable her to shout his name.

Still she received no reply. She wondered if he was sleeping, he clearly hadn’t been doing much of that lately if the dark circles rimming his usually bright blue eyes were anything to go by, and he had

spent most of the morning zipping around a football pitch as though his feet were ablaze.

Reluctantly she advanced further into the house, towards the tightly closed door of his bedroom. Perhaps she shouldn’t wake him? But maybe this was something he would want her to wake him for?

Reaching the decision that it definitely was an event he would want to be conscious for she tapped softly on his door, pausing for only a mere fraction of a second before her hand was twisting the gold

door handle to the right. The brightly coloured bangles adorning her arm jangled noisily at the flick of her wrist as she inched open the door slowly and stepped into his room only to find his bed unmade

and empty, the area void of any human presence except her own.

Sighing faintly she perched her slender frame on the end of the messy bed and rested her lithe forearms on the edge of the vintage style crib positioned next to it. Rubbing her fingertips delicately over

the polished wood she gazed at the mass of pink and white blankets that kept her baby girl warm at night. Her heart tightened as she envisaged her adorable daughter snuggled up, fast asleep and

oblivious to the harsh realities of the world around her.

Warm, stinging tears began to drip slowly onto her long mascara coated lashes as doubt flared up like a raging fireball in her tummy and she wondered if this was just pure selfishness on her part after

all as she idly twirled the Noah’s Ark mobile hanging above the crib.

“Mum” she greeted the woman who had brought her into the world with as much enthusiasm as she would an off the rack, last season, dress.

“Nicole, sweetheart” Natalie cooed so saccharinely down the phone that her daughter worried she may fall into a diabetic coma any second.

“What do you want?” Nicole demanded to know, seeing no point in wasting time trying to converse politely with her mother.

“Can’t a mother just call her daughter for a chat without needing a reason?”

“Normal mothers maybe, you no”

“Darling, I can get offended you know!”

“Yeah right” Nicole dismissed her mother’s feigned upset without a second thought.

“Your skin is as thick as leather”

“Mum?” she sighed deeply when Natalie failed to respond to her words, the tension stiff and crackling along the line between them, and she worried that she may have genuinely upset her. As tense as

their relationship was most of the time, she was still her mother and she loved her.

“I was just calling to see if you were ok, your Dad called me, he’s worried about you. He can see that you’re upset…well no he can’t see obviously bu-”

“Mum!” Nicole interrupted her incessant rambling with a loud chuckle.

“Well he can’t see right now Nicole, it’s not like I’m saying anything that isn’t true!”

“Still!” Nicole spluttered, shaking her head slightly not out of shock or disbelief but rather amusement that her mother would never change.

“Well he thought it was funny!” Natalie laughed softly down the phone, her mild hilarity almost tickling her daughter’s ear.

“I would say that I can’t believe you said that to him” Nicole giggled quietly.

“But I can totally believe it”

“He’s really worried about you Nicole” Natalie sighed suddenly sombre.

“And you don’t sound very happy which I know is unusual because the Chanel sale starts tomorrow. I know the baby was a shock to you but think yourself lucky that you didn’t get all fat and hideous

like I did, at least you can still fit into designer clothes!” Natalie’s tone was lighthearted and jovial but a deep undercurrent of concern flowed through it and Nicole’s heart warmed slightly at the thought

that her mother was genuinely worried about her.

“Her names Angelica, not the baby” she whispered slightly defensively.

“And you want to be part of her life don’t you sweetheart? I can hear it in your voice”

“Maybe” she shrugged even though her mother was miles away and couldn’t see her. The unfamiliar gentleness and sensitivity in Natalie’s voice causing a single tear to roll down her soft cheek.

“I don’t know”

“I know I’ve never been the best mother Nicole” Natalie sighed, deep regret puncturing every syllable.

“But I wish I had been. You have the chance to be a good mother if you want to be. Don’t make the same mistakes I did, just in a different way.”

She wiped away her tears as she reached into the crib to grasp the teddy bear she had given to Angelica a few weeks ago. The same bear Roman had given to her before he’d walked away and

abandoned her for almost seventeen years, sending her only a birthday card and the odd Christmas present if she was lucky.

Most years she wasn’t.

The plush toy had been nestled in between the many layers of soft, cosy blankets giving the impression that the baby slept with it close by every night. A thought which couldn’t fail to make Nicole smile

amidst the tears being constantly replenished no matter how much she desired them to run dry.

Her lips kicking up into a tiny smile she rubbed her thumb against the soft, pink velvet ears of the toy, the friction creating a gentle whooshing sound which soothed her fears temporarily, holding her

together like a bandage compressing her aching heart so it no longer bled.

”Roman would have stuck around” Natalie whispered anxiously, unsure of whether she was doing the right thing in revealing the truth of their past to her daughter. It had after all, the potential to

destroy their shaky relationship forever.

“What did you just say?” Nicole murmured shock clearly apparent in her tone.

“Because I’m sure you just said Dad would have stuck around but I was hearing things right?”

“He would have stayed” Natalie confirmed what she had said.

“He would have given you…us….everything he had. All I had to do was ask him, he made that clear. But I told him to go…to go and join the SAS, I told him to go Nicole”

Anxiety surged through her bloodstream like oxygen intermingled with excitement and sheer terror as her head and her heart battled it out. One told her to run, the other to stay. But in that moment, for

the first time since Angelica’s birth, she couldn’t decipher which was screaming the loudest. Or which one she should listen to.

Maybe Liam had been right, maybe she could change. Maybe she had changed. She definitely wasn’t the same spoilt, little princess who’d arrived in the Bay a year ago. Those character traits were still there she knew that, she wasn’t deluded enough to think that she had changed into the nicest girl on the planet in the space of twelve months but she had changed. She actually cared about people other than herself now. Roman. Aden, Geoff…and Angelica.

All her life she’d fitted into the selfish, princess shaped mould her mother had practically created for her. Only now was she beginning to think that she’d only ever been that person because that was what everyone had expected of her. Now people were giving her the opportunity to change maybe she could be a better person. Maybe she was a better person.

“Darling if it’s really upsetting you that much maybe you should come back to live with me”

Nicole’s stomach plummeted at the mere suggestion. She didn’t want to go back there. She didn’t belong there anymore and there were people she cared about in Summer Bay, people she didn’t want

to leave, people she couldn’t leave.

“I can’t leave Roman” she insisted gently, being cautious not to hurt her mother’s feelings.

“He’s my Dad and he really needs me right now. I’m the only family he’s got here. Well unless you count Aden but things are still a bit tense between them right now”

Nicole heard her mother chuckle and felt hot anger bubble within her at the thought she was laughing at her and Roman being a family, finally being a family, when it seemed they could have had that

eighteen years ago if her mother had given her daughter’s needs a second thought. But before she could vocalise her rage Natalie spoke again and her anger dissolved instantly.

“Nicole, your whole reason for not being part of Angelica’s life is how selfish you allege you are and yet what you’ve just said, staying because Roman needs you, is the least selfish thing you’ve ever

done”

Placing the soft toy back into the crib she wiped away the last of her tears and took a deep breath before turning to exit the room. Footsteps alerted her to the presence of someone else in the property

and, as she reached the bedroom door, she looked up, her gaze meeting his in unison.

They both simply smiled.

The package didn’t surprise her as she saw it waiting for her by the back door. It was the third one in as many days, the ante was clearly being stepped up and she was getting more annoyed with each

freebie sent her way. Grabbing it from the floor she marched into the house, tossing it between her palms as she struggled to be determined enough to flush it away instantly as she had with the last

two. She wanted too but the hint of embarrassment and uncertainty rushing through her after her meeting with her father told her that she might need them, to forget, to help, to erase.

She hadn’t expected fireworks or some sort of personal epiphany but she had expected more. She had expected to feel like the last bit of the jigsaw puzzle had finally slotted into place but all he had

done was pull apart the pieces she’d already struggled to fit together. He wasn’t who she wanted him to be but she knew deep down that she had probably expected too much.

Ripping open the envelope, her nails jaggedly tearing apart the tape holding the package together, her breath became raspy and heavy as she fought with her own self restraint. Gazing at the pills

nestled inside, she sighed deeply before yanking them out and barging into her bedroom.

If anything was going to bring her back to reality with a thud it was the sight of Liam, naked in her bed with a familiar blonde moving rhythmically above him as they both let out low moans of

satisfaction.

Horrified she turned away, slamming the door shut behind her as she clutched the packet of pills close to her chest just as the squeaky wheels of Angelica’s pram could be heard coming up the path and

he appeared before her.

His gaze instantly wandering to the drugs in her hand she let out a loud groan.

“Geoff, this is so not what it looks like I swear!”

wowzers!!!

Nicole!!!! What is she doing!?! well we know what she's doing but you know what i mean!! :lol:

I thought something was gonna happen with her and Liam but not this soon!!

I hope Geoff gives Belle the chance to explain!

As for Belle's dad :unsure: i get the feeling he's a bit of a shady character what with the "family business" and all!!

looking forward to seeing what hppens next :D

OMG Nicole and Liam?!!!! :o

I hope Geoff believes Belle

Her dad wasn't as nice as i thought he would be!

I hope Nicole is coming round to being a mum, doubt Geoff will be willing for her to be apart of Angelica's life when he finds out about the Liam thing!

Brill update, cant wait to read more

oh my god!!!!!!!! aaaaaahhhhhh!!!!

is russell, the drug dealer, belle's brother????

Great update

and ah at nicole and liam

update soon

xxxxxxxxx

Oh you got there before me :lol: I was going to ask if 'the family business' and the fact the Russell is the name of Belle's drug dealer was linked. <_<

Archived