The Mentalist

Guest Mrs Bishop

Oh wow, sounds like next week is going to be amazing :wub: can't believe its the end of the season already though :( i feel as if im just getting into it.

Yeah i know what you mean Janie, it seems to have passed by so quickly :( but here's hoping we don't have to wait too long until they show the second season :)

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well another great episode last night, i love how Patrick solves everything down to the last detail, no one even suspected the guy in the wheelchair, apart from Patrick because he noticed the scuff marks on his shoes :P I have to say i think he was quite anamoured with the doctor though, a little soft spot developed there. Poor Rigsby as well, i can't believe he couldn't even get the day off work, he looked so ill bless him :P

Slightly off topic but ive just seen the brilliant promo for next weeks "Mentalist Mania Finale Night" love it :wub:

Can't wait for next week, 3 hours of Simon. :wub: I could think of worse ways to spend an evening. :wink:

Interesting how many actors appeared on The Guardian keep popping up on The Mentalist. So far I've counted 8! Maybe it's know what you know, but who you know. :lol:

Yes well girls what can i say the end of the road is nigh for out weeky dose of the truly hunky Simon Baker but het not all is lost as you can see him in the Guardian on a saturday 8pm but there again all is not lost i Emailed Five and as yet the person o spoke to is out of the Office untill Monday so hope fully I will here some good news that Five have bought the next season of the Mentalist.

I will keep you posted. also if you want another squint of Simon if any of you have the Hallmark channel you can catch him on there in Smith at 2am Sunday morning i know its late but hey hes worth it just to record and watch.

Aussie hunk makes light of darkness (taken from Saturday Plus magazine)

Only The Mentalist could turn up to a bleak murder scene featuring a gory, severed hand and turn to a windswept, despondant, hungry colleague and ask, "Why so glum?"

In less deft hands, this cross between horror and humour might seem cynical, yet Simon Baker's light touch as playful but uncannily perceptive Patrick Jane means he gets away with it. And as Five's big finale for the series demonstrates, the adventures of the ex-showbiz psychic turned cop have struck a chord in the UK just as they have in the US, where season one averaged 17.7m viewers. Baker said "The numbers are hard to get your head around but if feels good to go to the set and work with a great crew, when they know the show is being watched by so many people."

Aussie heart-throb Baker, 40, has gained a Best Actor nomination at September's Emmy Awards, though there will be stiff competition from Hugh Laurie from House, Jon Hamm for Mad Men and Michael C Hall for Dexter.

The finale opens with The Mentalist: Revealed, a documentary filled with clips of Jane in action plus comments on what makes him so appealing and how Simon made the role his own. Having an input early on with series creator Bruno Heller helped: "The character wasn't 100% on the page and i thought i could interpret it. I didn't want to do a TV show and be told what to do and where to go and how to play it, its creative death to me." You have to wonder if Baker is referring to OZ soap Home and Away, which gave him an early break, or The Guardian, his only previous major US series (also showing on Five). It features a hotshot lawyer who takes on cases involving kids as a community service sentence for his drug offences.

Finale night continues with Inside The Mentalist, showing a day's work on set and a double bill which concludes with an episode called Red John's Footsteps, in which our hero resumes his quest to find the serial killer who murdered his wife and child. Baker's real life wife, actress Rebecca Rigg, has twice appeared in The Mentalist in minor roles and the couple have three children aged seven to sixteen, Rebecca is an old friend of Nicole Kidman from the days when they were both unknowns and Nicole is godmother to one of their children. Now Rebecca has to get used to her hunky husband becoming a global heart-throb with The Mentalist being sold all over the world. As Patrick Jane, he appeals to men because he's witty, self-assured, perceptive and a bit subversive, while women love his empathy , wisdom, good nature and ability to listen. As one female critic pointed out: "It doesn't hurt that he's totally hot" :P

As one female critic pointed out: "It doesn't hurt that he's totally hot" :P

:lol: trust a female to make that comment, she is so right though :wub:

Thanks for sharing that Lesley, a very interesting read :D you must have had cramp after typing all that :P

Archived