Bushfires

Guest zzazzb

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the bright side, over 12million dollars in the past 2 days have been donated by other Australian's to Red Cross and the Salvos.

I love how Australia always comes together in a tragedy with other countries offering help of course.

I hope they catch the bastards and put them away for life.This whole thing could have been prevented if it wasn't for some sickos wanting a 5 second thrill.Now people are dead and peoples lives have been ruined.I hope they're satisfied.

Just think didnt the home and away crew film in melbourne ?? Im not sure if it was anywhere near there..

H&A cast and crew shot in inner Melbourne, in the CBD, the Kinglake fires are about 60kms away from that, a bit over an hours drive.

Inner city Melbourne should be safe i think.

Just found out our organisation has lost all of its Victorian buildings. They were on the outskirts of Marysville.

We had a big summer camp out there a few weeks ago. None of us are allowed to go in and see the place yet, but it's all gone.

thats horrible, i'm so sorry to hear that. i thihnk 99% of things in Marysville didn't make it. :(

The British newspaper The Daily Mail has turned the fires into a joke. They have run with a picture of the fires, with a ‘humorous’ caption.

Having lived in England for years, I have always been disgusted by the British press. They have newspapers with rude photographs of naked women on page three. They go for sensationalism rather than the truth. And they always say awful things about Australians.

And now people have been burnt alive and others have lost everything, and Britain thinks it’s funny.

Now I remember why I left that country.

Archived