Bushfires

Guest zzazzb

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Google's engineers have created a map containing the latest up-to-date information about fire locations and their status, based on data provided by Victoria's Country Fire Authority (CFA).

You can look at it here and that shows all the towns in Victoria and it shows you which ones are affected by the fires.

:)

Edit: Death Toll just went to 126. Has Sam Gents heard about his family yet? Have the been found... or... ? :(

Edit again: Just heard from my friend in Bendigo, he's ok and luckily for him his house is still standing. The fires were a couple of suburbs away.

My heart goes out to those affected by these bush fires. My prayers go out to those that are in hospital hope that they make it. In 1977 in the Blue Mountains in N.S.W. where i grew up. I was only nine years old when the town that i was living in was surrounded by bush fires. I was scared. My dad fought side by side determend to save our house. He was succesful. Another 10 metres or so and it would of been a different story. We where evacuated that day. I still can remember every thing that happened during those fires, which where also deliberatly lit. I know someone that died in the 1977 bush fires. It was heart breaking. I hate bush fires. As it reminds me of what i went through.

There are reports of smoke haze on New Zealand's south island.

Yea, I read on ODT(otago daily times) online and it said that there was an orangey glow in Queenstown, Katierocks will be able to confirm this though as she lives there.

My thoughts and prayers are with all people affected by these events + the 100 Kiwi Firefighters that have been sent over.

Still no news on Sam Gents wife and 3 kids. Sam is the man who made his plea on National TV this morning on Sunrise. They're still listed as missing, but apparently they're dead, or at least they are unofficially :(

The death toll is now 130.

The death toll may reach 230 as there are so many names on the missing list, mainly from the Kinglake area as that was practically wiped out.

Omg! No Way!

This Has Got To Stop :(

One Of My Mum's Friends Is In One Of The Areas! I Hope She Stays Ok!

Archived