Bushfires

Guest zzazzb

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^That's true too. It's baffling to think that some people might have actually lit these fires for fun, not expecting anyone to die, but just thinking it would be "cool"... Imagine being responsible for the deaths of so many people if you didn't mean for people to actually die. I don't think any jail sentence could compare to that. Of course, if the arsonists did actually want to kill people like this, then if you'll pardon the awful pun, I hope they fry.

Today at school was absolutly horrible, i mad a meltdown in English at the start of the day, bawling my eyes out, and ended up in the welfare office.

A few people from school lost houses and some lost relatives, one of my teaches was fighting fires in Kinglake, and our old school principal is now the principal of Whittlesea Secondry, which was destroyed along with the majority of students houses.

our school is setting up this thing where people bring in things they would like to recieve if they lost their houses and all their belongings, because blankets, clothes and food are harder for students to bring and will probably be supplied, we are making care packages for the studens of Whittlesea who lost homes, so all students will bring in something like make-up, deoderent, bobbypins etc. which i think is a great idea, because we take it for granted how lucky we are having a bed to sleep in, or deoderent, even a pack of hairtyes.

and we are also having a fundraiser breakfast where people can get pancakes for a donation of however much they like.

if anybody want to know about friends in the bushfire area...

Anybody trying to locate relatives or friends caught up in the Victorian bush fires can contact the State Inquiry Centre on 1800 727 077.

Those wishing to donate to fire victims should call the Red Cross on 1800 811 700.

A list of contact details for all the relevant relief agencies is available on the ABC website at http://abc.net.au/melbourne.

For up-to-date information on the fires, visit the Country Fire Authority's website at http://www.cfa.vic.gov.au.

I heard on the news that two people were arrested, and that they were being charged with mass murder.

Those two people arrested were arrested for the fires in New South Wales. They won't know which fires in Victoria were lit deliberately for a while yet and then they'll have to work out who after that.

i just saw on the news they think that some of the fires are being re-lit, that people are lighting some of the ones that have been put out.

after the death toll passing 130, and over 770 homes destroyed, how could someone possibly, even think of wanting that to happen all over again.

there's some seriously disturbed people out there..

Archived