Opening Credits / Opening Theme Discussion

Dean

For those that have either hawk-like vision or perhaps a pause button, you may have noticed that in the credits today we had a new character, eh, Roman Smith.

Well today you got the characters of 'GLNA AUSTIN' and 'BLANCA SCOTT', and Morag being played by CORNNELIA FRANCES - alongside new crew members ALISON BOADEL and LAIM DOYLE.

It just goes to show that they're concentrating too much on these wonderful promos and becoming sloppy with other things - but then they probably don't expect people to actually notice, with each slide only getting about 0.7 seconds of screen time now.

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We finally got to see the 2011 Season Permiere here in the UK on Fiver (Soon To Be Five+) last night and I mist say these new Credits look very good. I wish they would have a Full Intro at the start but the end sequence is brilliant. It shows a cemera spanning on the Ocean heading towards the bay and it is good. If anyone can upload it, it would be good.

IMO this style is a definite improvement over 2010, and a much more significant change than i expected (i was expecting exactly the same sequence tbh).

finally every remnant of the boring 2009 collage has gone. 2010 felt too much like a botched job visuals-wise, with that purple collage screen lifted from the 2009 end-of-episode previews and the 2009 ad-break bumpers remaining, then being shelved. i am surprised to see the black 'widescreen' bars remaining through the recap, another element from last year that felt a bit "that'll do".

at first i thought the new bumpers before the recap and the promo with the H&A logo in the sea looked a bit tacky, but they have grown on me and look like far more effort has been put into them than last year. the recap theme has also been refreshed, although very subtly.

Although not shown in Australia, the closing titles remain for us in the UK, and are the best i've ever seen. it consists of one of the sweeping aerial shots we've come to expect over the last season, but one long shot lasting the entire length of the titles, panning across the surface of the water coming into the bay. it's absolutely beautiful and a huge improvement to the past couple of years which were just

hopefully someone will upload it to Youtube soon.

IMO this style is a definite improvement over 2010, and a much more significant change than i expected (i was expecting exactly the same sequence tbh).

finally every remnant of the boring 2009 collage has gone. 2010 felt too much like a botched job visuals-wise, with that purple collage screen lifted from the 2009 end-of-episode previews and the 2009 ad-break bumpers remaining, then being shelved. i am surprised to see the black 'widescreen' bars remaining through the recap, another element from last year that felt a bit "that'll do".

at first i thought the new bumpers before the recap and the promo with the H&A logo in the sea looked a bit tacky, but they have grown on me and look like far more effort has been put into them than last year. the recap theme has also been refreshed, although very subtly.

Although not shown in Australia, the closing titles remain for us in the UK, and are the best i've ever seen. it consists of one of the sweeping aerial shots we've come to expect over the last season, but one long shot lasting the entire length of the titles, panning across the surface of the water coming into the bay. it's absolutely beautiful and a huge improvement to the past couple of years which were just

hopefully someone will upload it to Youtube soon.

I agree, its a shame Australian viewers dont get our end credits in the UK, theyre lovely.. the whole design (title board and credits) are much more H&A than the awful collage and probably better than any over the past 10 years or so - no CGI fish, picture frames, murky grey 'dusk' shots (with the deckchair shot!) pink collages or the like! Just simple beautiful camera shots of the beach and sea. It's a pity they havent done some longer opening credits, they have such gorgeous aerial shots, many which are used on screen in fact, and they would sit perfectly with the great closing credits we see in the UK. They remind me alot of elements of the 1994 credits.

Start and end intro are lush, shame there isn't any credits.

I just typed up on a word document who I think would be paired up with who if there was 2011 credits. Could I start a thread or a thread be started by a mod where we can list our credits of who would be with who. And if some people have the right programs could even create there credits and show us all.

Archived