Opening Credits / Opening Theme Discussion

Dean

I don't mind the opening bar over the Home and Away logo because its the 'Closer each day, Home and Away' part. I prefer that. I wonder if the end theme has been changed (UK viewers).

What I'm most disappointed in is that they seem to have made a conscious decision to stop using any piano and string melody based underscores during the show. Now its all guitar stuff riffs. There don't seem to be any melodies going on at all so it just feels quite cold.

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The new recap music is awful. I detest it. It sounds as though it should be part of a teen show like a 90210 ripoff, not H&A. We've lost the original song amongst other things which made H&A the show we've all come to know and love. Is it too much to ask to keep the theme tune and maybe have opening titles back?

I doubt it. If the theme had changed, we'd probably hear about it first in the Aus closing credits. Luke and Tarryn are listed as 'vocals', and I'm sure the UK get a cut/paste of the same text.

I do wonder if the UK will be stuck with the same closing theme forever? XD If I still watched the show I'd shudder at the thought, because it's one of the weakest arrangements, imo.

The new recap music sounds awful. The last one was bad as well, but this one is 10x worse.

I wish it could revert back to the old days where the music was perfect. It was dramatic enough to get viewers excited. This new song can't be taken seriously.

No the title card at the start hasn't changed since the beginning of the 2012 season, and I agree that it is better with "previously on Home and Away".

They used two separate variations of the title card last year, although the recap music remained consistent throughout the year. I'm still not really sure why they've changed it now? I half-believe they've abandoned the classic melody to see if anyone would notice!

But that recap music wasn't really a classic piece of music, it was just a stand alone recap tune... I think the current melody over the title card is better because its actually part of the original theme tune. I preferred the old recap chord sequence to the current one though.

It's just Home and Away or TPTB following the crowd again. Packed to the Rafters and co. use that guitar based rhythm and now H&A does. It isn't unique.

Archived