Rachel Armstrong - Amy Mathews

Foxy

Rachel is one of my favourite characters. There are so many levels to her character and Amy plays the character perfectly. Rachel is kind, caring and a great friend but this can sometimes come across as selfish and whiny. I do prefer the old rachel but i think that now she is pregnant the old Rachel will come back and she will be her happy normal self!

Rachel is one of my favourite characters. There are so many levels to her character and Amy plays the character perfectly. Rachel is kind, caring and a great friend but this can sometimes come across as selfish and whiny. I do prefer the old rachel but i think that now she is pregnant the old Rachel will come back and she will be her happy normal self!

I completely agree with you. I reckon they'll bring back the fun Rachel a bit more when she becomes pregnant now she has everything she's ever wanted, a family :wub: I hope so anyway!

Just looked at the Home and Away turns 20 pictures and noticed Amy wasn't there :(

• 2 weeks later...

Amy really has had some extremly emotional storylines, and I think she always acts them realisticly. She is a fantastic actress, beautiful and has a gorgeous curvy figure. I agree that Rachel has lost abit of the fun spark that she had when she first joined the show, but she is becomming older and more muture now. Im hoping her and Tony are heading towards coming the stable, solid (permenent ;) ) couple of the show.

Does any one know if Amy has renewed her contract because rumour has it Jon has.

Im hoping her and Tony are heading towards coming the stable, solid (permenent ;) ) couple of the show.

I hope so too. It's about time they had one. To be honest, i don't see how they can plausibly break them up without one of them dying. (And for Tony to loose another woman he loves i think would be taking it too far, even for H&A.) They've already survived a few dramas which would break a lot of couples.

I have always loved Rachel. Sure sometimes she annoys me and i don't agree with everything she says or does, but i love that she's not perfect and does make mistakes. I think Amy is definitely one of the better actors on the show. Her timing is excellent, and her emotional scenes are fantastic. I think Rachel is a character a lot of women can easily identify and relate too. She has a successful but demanding career, a man who loves her and a baby on the way. She is trying to have it all, like so many woman feel under pressure to have these days. It's going to be interesting to see if any conflict arises regarding her career and pregnancy. She's certainly not going to be able to do a lot of the things she does at work now as she gets bigger.

And yup she has an amazing figure, i'm glad she's not stick thin like most of the other young women on the show. I think she has a pretty cool wardrobe, hehe. I wouldn't mind raiding it for a few things. :lol:

Yer I can't see how they can break them up now, particularly seeing as how they're having a family together, although the fact that Jon's contract has been renewed yet no word on Amy's slightly concerns me! :(

I LOVE Rachel's wardrobe, sure there's a few things that I really don't like (particularly that baggy top which she has in yellow and pink, sorta 60's style) but she has a very professional look and dresses sensibly unlike some of the women on the show! Plus she has a really good figure, curves are much better than skin and bone in my opinion. She's one of the more relatable characters I think, to me she is anyway and I'm looking forward to seeing how she juggles being pregnant and having a career (

and being pregnant and supporting her grieving fiancee if the rumours are true!! Apparently there's a promo showing a car going into Jack's house?

) Should make for some good scenes if it does come true because she's an amazing actress, particularly in dramatic, emotional scenes. I'd love to see her get a best actress logie but I don't think she's popular a character enough to even be nominated for one, because of the less screentime she's had this year.

I too like the fact the Rachel is curvier than a lot of the other women on the show, although the one thing she doesn't really wear now is low cut tops (when she was with Kim she seemed to wear a lot of strappy, low cut tops).If I could raid anyones wardrobe it would be Rachel's or (+ if they have kept any of Sally's stuff there is the mini dress she wore when Brad locked himself out of Rach's).

I can't wait for the day when it is announced that Amy has renewed, i'm sure it will have to be soon :)

Like any character she does do the odd thing that annoys me, but overall she is a great character played by an extremely talented actress.

I don't see any reason why she wouldn't renew. It was only last year she won the Logie, and her charatcer has just gotten pregnant. There's still so much more they could do with Rachel. It would be surprising if she decided not to renew. I think she's contracted until the end of 2009 though?

I'm just reading her profile and surprised at how young she is. She's only 28, younger than the actor who plays Jack, yet he's supposted to be younger than Rachel i'm guessing? Anyways, i'm just a little surpsised at that. :lol:

Yeah her style has changed a bit, i guess a lot of that has to do with getting older, but maybe part of her felt she had to dress differently with Kim because he was so much younger than her, and maybe she felt she needed to dress appropriate for that. Maybe she felt she always had to impress him (especially when Kit came back) and she doesn't feel the need to do that with Tony. I loved her with Kim though, i have to say. But now i feel Rach is a lot more grounded. She seems to feel completely comfortable around Tony and i loved some of their little dates in the beginning when she was all smiley and flirty with him.

I love Rachel's ambition, drive and fiestyness. It's ovely to see her happy. She's been glowing the past week and it's fab. Her smile has just not stopped.

I think they should expose her vunrable side a little more, she was amazing when her mother died, and through the whole Kim/Kit drama, when she knew she was losing him but tried desperately to cling on. And then when she found out about Tony and Bridget. I think Rachel needs to let Tony in a little more, and let him be there for her and stop trying to do it all herself all the time.

I don't think you could call her a 'background' actress. Since she arrived 2 years ago, she's been at the centre of a lot of pretty huge storylines. I think it's only this year it's calmed down a little. Since being with Tony she's had more 'real' issues to deal with, such as having children, getting married, relationship problems, even Jimmy becasue that is something that happens to a lot of doctors dealing with patients suffering from mental issues.

Aside from being kidnapped (again! - she must have some kinda radar) it's been pretty smooth for her and although i don't think the issues she went though were giving enough scene time, it's been nice to see her going through normal, everyday problems.

The only thing i don't like about her is that's she a little too patronising sometimes. I feel like she's talking to people like they're kids and she's the adult and knows better, but i guess thats just because of her line of work. She needs to switch off her work brain sometimes. But i like how she always admits when she is wrong and does apologise, like to Leah, Dane etc.

She's a very forgiving person, i don't think i could be so understanding of some of the people who've hurt her, but that's a lovely part of who she is. I love the scene where she is talking to Rev.Hall in the hospital where she's talking to him about forgiveness.

And her frienship with Leah is a lot of fun. I'm glad they have each other, and their relationship is realistic of how you'd expect best friends to act.

Rachel was never the type of person to just run away. The Rachel we all know would have talked to Tony and/or Leah if she was having doubts about the wedding, not just ran away, without a note or anything. I dont get why Leah didn't just call Hugh (as any normal person would!) to find out if she was with him. She had disappeared, vanished and no one really showed any concern for her well-being. It was just really badly written. It was alll so out of character for Rach to do that and it really bugs me. Even now.

And i think she was way to nice to Tony about everything that happened. But the writers did a really bad job with that story so i'll blame them. :rolleyes: