USA - Election 2008

Guest Eli

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

America did the right thing! :)

I'm interested to find out how many people voted...

They're still counting votes (and Alaska polls still have to close :o) but right now over 90,000,000 people voted, 46,810, 471 for Obama :)

I fell asleep while watching the count, but they annouced Obama as the new President at 3pm Sydney time, and my idiot of a brother turned the telly of just before that, so i missed it :( Damn him!

Oh well. YAY Obama! His speech was brilliant. He is brilliant. And I might actually start liking America again (minus its pop culture which ive always loved).

Congrats to America for doing the right thing, and Congrats to Obama for becoming the new President :)

VERY good news (quite possibly the best ever).

I thought McCain's speech was quite good (minus the boo's).

I'm sure he'll do a great job. America really has come a long way if this is any indication.

I think Tina Fey would do a better job at VP than Palin would have.

Yay. Finally America does the right thing. I hope Obama lives up to expectations, although i'm sure it won't be hard to follow George Bush.

Seriously though, this is a great result. I thought his speech was inspiring and it's wonderful to have somone young (ish) in the White House.

I shall crawl out of my shell (not sure why I haven't been discussing the whole event with you in the past weeks, I am actually a politics-addict at heart :P) and offer my congratulations to the new President Elect and Vice President Elect. It's probably no secret that I'm a Republican yet I agree with a lot of President Elect Obama's views - but both parties aren't perfect and we (should) all realize that.

The only thing I'm worried about is that Senators McCain/Palin had experience, while the President Elect does not, and although he talks an awful lot about change, the question is. Will we change it? America as a nation has to move forward, and they already have - they voted a black presidents, fighting racism. Lets just hope they're willing to go all the way.

McCain probably wasn't perfect for the job either, yet I supported McCain/Palin for more than the fact I'm a Republican (Or a Democratic-Respecting Republican) - I voted them for their experience, their mind set, their determination, integrity and their ability to run the nation. Plus Palin just makes me laugh, poor woman, she really has a lot of haters - amazing politician, a few shall we say odd views, but an overall nice woman who would have had the ability to help run our nation.

I have to say though, that Prank Call was funny, and I'm still in love with her speech at the Republican Convention - for reference it was the 'Pit bull' speech :P

Archived