Always Where I Need To Be

Guest Aden+Belle forever

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 11 – Stay Away

Belle woke up the next morning but was upset to find Aden was not there. She sat up in her single bed and tiredly rubbed her eyes. She looked at her bedside table and saw a piece of paper folded in half. She picked up the piece of paper and saw that her name was written on it. She carefully opened the note and, despite the darkness of the room, she was able to clearly read it

‘Belle,

I had to go into work early today, will catch you later

Missing you already, Aden’

Belle smiled to herself after reading the note. She then folded the note up and put on a clean pair of clothes before heading down stairs. Geoff and Annie had already gone to school so it was just Irene and Belle in the house that morning

“Morning Darl” Irene said, as Belle reached the bottom of the staircase “Coffee”

“Yes please” Belle said smiling as she took a seat at the breakfast table

“Here you are” Irene said, as she placed down a mug of hot coffee on the table

“Thanks Irene” Belle said, as she took a sip of the coffee

“Belle, I would like to apologise” Irene said, as she took a seat at the table next to Belle

“About what” Belle asked curiously, as she took another sip of the coffee

“About you and Aden, I was wrong. I misjudged him,” Irene admitted

“So, does this mean” Belle asked, as a smile came across her face

“Yes, Aden can stay here. I still don’t like the guy, but I can see he makes you happy” Irene said

“Thank you Irene” Belle said, as she hugged Irene

----------xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx-----------

“So what happened to your hand” Roman asked, as he helped Aden set out the table at the Diner

“I told you, I fell” Aden lied, although Roman could tell he wasn’t telling him the entire truth

“It must have been some fall Aden, you did quite a lot of damage” Roman replied

“Its nothing really, can we just change the subject please” Aden asked

“Okay” Roman said, as he unlocked the door to the diner, allowing the waiting customers to come in “I had better get back to the kitchen then, why don’t you take the orders”

“Sure” Aden replied, as he picked up a notepad and pen and began writing down food orders

----------xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx-----------

It had been a pretty quiet day in the diner, the place was silent, but that was all about to change when Drew walked in

“What do you want” Aden said, as Drew took a seat at one of the empty tables

“Is that really how you speak to a paying customer” Drew asked “maybe I should go elsewhere”

“Maybe you should” Aden replied

“I don’t really like your attitude, Jeffries” Drew said, as he stood up from the table and squared up to Aden

“Is there a problem here” Roman asked, as he stepped out of the kitchen and stood in between the two teenagers

“No problems here” Drew said, sarcastically smiling at Roman “But I think I am ready to order now”

“Okay then” Roman said, prompting Aden to write down the order as he went back to his kitchen

“Okay, what do you want” Aden asked

“Try asking me again, nicely,” Drew requested, before he noticed the cast wrapped around Aden’s wrist “What happened there”

“Nothing, I just fell” Aden lied

“You mean when I knocked you on your ass yesterday” Drew laughed

“It was just a lucky punch, it won’t happen again,” Aden warned, again drawing laughs from Drew

“How long do you think you can keep this up Jeffries” Drew asked, quickly changing the subject

“Keep what up” Aden asked, unsure of what exactly Drew was talking about

“Belle” Drew replied, “How much longer do you think you can keep her. Sooner or later, she will see what a pathetic loser you are and will get rid of you, and then we all know that she will come running back to me”

Aden just snapped at this point, grabbing Drew by his shirt and forcing him against the wall

“Stay away from Belle” Aden warned

“What is going on out here” Roman shouted as he stepped out of the kitchen, “Aden, let him go”

Aden reluctantly loosened his grip on Drew’s shirt as Roman grabbed Aden by the arm and pulled him away

“That was an unprovoked assault, you lucky I’m not getting the police involved” Drew shouted, as he straightened out his shirt

“Drew, just leave” Roman demanded, as he held back an obviously angry Aden

After Drew had left, and Aden had calmed down, Roman sat him down at an empty table

“What is wrong with you Aden. I mean you come in this morning with a cast on your wrist, lie to me about how you got it and now your threatening my customers” Roman said

“Its just Drew, He just says stuff about Belle and I instantly see red and lose it” Aden admitted

“I know it can’t be easy for you due to Drew’s previous history with Belle, but if you want to continue to work here, then you need to try and keep your temper under control,” Roman said

“I’ll try” Aden replied

NEXT CHAPTER – Aden and Belle get into an argument; will Drew take advantage of the situation?

Archived