Should the Sutherlands return?

Guest mz2005

Should the Sutherlands return?  

153 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whilst I don't think'd be suitable for them to return as from 2002-2004 the family fell apart completely and all went their seperate ways. But If I had to choose I'd say Shelley. She was my favourite of them all, Dani being the worst IMO, I loved how motherish she was, but in a snappy " I am your mother, and you will do as I say" way. Plus she was represented as one of the most selfish women in the bay, Leaving the kids, running away from giving Kirsty her kidney and finally stealing Rhys from Beth, the foul seductress. But in all I felt sorry and empathised with her, giving a daughter a kidney isn't so black and white, they were going to cut her open, rip out an organ and put in someone else, motherly instincts or not I'm not surprised fear got the better of her. Plus she and Gypsy's friendship was one of the highlights of a very dull 2001. Oh and the actress was the best of all of them :D

I can imagine her working well with Leah In the Denner ( :P) assuming it will actually be a mix of both and not 100% diner.......

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Never, ever, ever, ever. :)

I hated most of them by the time they left for good. Dani, Rhys and Shelley were all so whiny! And they felt the world owed them a living. (Saying that I can understand why Dani was whining with her family embracing her rapist but thats a whole other thread that we've hashed over a million times)

But I loved Jade and was gutted when she left. I know that officially she is not Kirsty's sister but I think it would be great if she came back as a friend to Kirsty.

Personally, as much as i loved the Sutherlands the only two i could really see coming back are Shelley (but only as a short stint) and Jade (maybe permanently). Tammin Sursok's career since leaving has been going quite well so i can't see Dani ever returning (and again as much as i LOVED her i think she chose the right time to leave as Dani should have had a complete mental breakdown after all the bad stuff that had happened to her) and as for Michael Beckley i always got the impression that he didn't intend on coming back. I couldn't see Max coming back just because Kirsty's there as i don't remember them being particularly close as cousins. So for me Jade and Shelley would be great as i still think these two characters have/had so much potential.

I'm still abit annoyed that out of all the Sutherlands that they could have brought back they had to pick the worst one. :angry:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Never, ever, ever, ever. :)

Couldn't agree more. Just no.

Ok so here is my opinion on the Sutherland Clan . . . .

Rhys - Whiny, sleezy, easy . . . Whiny because he was always on his kids back about the smallest thing EITHER one of them did wrong and TALKING to them about doing the right thing for the family . . .

BUT . . . In the end he was the main purportrayer that drove the family apart.

Sleezy because he just had that (look) about him and basically scared off anyone who got close to his family (mainly his daughters) unless he thought that they were good enough in HIS books for his girls . . .

Easy because it wasn't long after he moved to the Bay that he and Shelley and Rhys fell apart, he got with Beth and Married her . . . Thought he had a son to Angie Russel and then left Beth (who by the way was an amazing woman) for Shelley who freaking ended it in the first place.

Shelley - Self Ritcious, bitchy, up herself! . . . Self Ritcious because she was supposed to be the councellor but only made things worse between herself, Rhys and the family even after their marriage (till death do us part no doubt) only survived a couple of months from landing in the Bay.

Bitchy because she was always on Rhys's back to support the family but never done anything do stick by that herself and was always also on her kids backs all the freaking time and tried to keep that calm tone about her until someone wouldn't listen and then she's start her yelling and arguing.

Up Herself because yes she may have loved her kids but in the end,she ended up leaving Rhys because she didn't think they could work things out! Enough said there!

Dani - DRAMA QUEEN 101 - I mean seriously I have never heard a girl whinge as much as she did while she was in the Bay, and talk about moving around from guy to guy . . . and the whole Kane thing was basically her fault in my opinion because she LEAD HIM ON in the first place . . . And then she kept going on about her feelings after Kirsty got with Kane but didn't even ONCE consider what problems she would cause in the family because of her drama queen status and an attention seeker

Kirsty - A get around - Im only saying this because she went from Nick, to Seb, to Kane, back to Seb and back to Kane and not once considered Seb's feelings in all of this, and the fact that she and Kane done a runner the same day Beth and Rhys were to marry just PISSED me off . . . it was like she had no heart for Beth or Rhys's big day!

Jade Now Jade is the only one I don't have a problem with, I actually feel sorry for her because she spent her whole life believing she had a twin, a family and what ever just to find out she didn't . . . WHAT WAS WITH THE TWIN TELEPATHY when Jade was caught in the mud slide with Duncan and Kirsty some how knew she was in trouble . . . and then sticking up for Dani, Rhys and everyone with the whole Kirsty and Kane situation but also sticking up for Kirsty at the same time . . . that takes guts . . .

So in all that I'd love for jade to come back because I dont feel as if the whole switched at birth thing was explored properly . . . and I loved her

Archived