Should the Sutherlands return?

Guest mz2005

Should the Sutherlands return?  

153 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok so here is my opinion on the Sutherland Clan . . . .

Rhys - Whiny, sleezy, easy . . . Whiny because he was always on his kids back about the smallest thing EITHER one of them did wrong and TALKING to them about doing the right thing for the family . . .

BUT . . . In the end he was the main purportrayer that drove the family apart.

Sleezy because he just had that (look) about him and basically scared off anyone who got close to his family (mainly his daughters) unless he thought that they were good enough in HIS books for his girls . . .

Easy because it wasn't long after he moved to the Bay that he and Shelley and Rhys fell apart, he got with Beth and Married her . . . Thought he had a son to Angie Russel and then left Beth (who by the way was an amazing woman) for Shelley who freaking ended it in the first place.

Shelley - Self Ritcious, bitchy, up herself! . . . Self Ritcious because she was supposed to be the councellor but only made things worse between herself, Rhys and the family even after their marriage (till death do us part no doubt) only survived a couple of months from landing in the Bay.

Bitchy because she was always on Rhys's back to support the family but never done anything do stick by that herself and was always also on her kids backs all the freaking time and tried to keep that calm tone about her until someone wouldn't listen and then she's start her yelling and arguing.

Up Herself because yes she may have loved her kids but in the end,she ended up leaving Rhys because she didn't think they could work things out! Enough said there!

Dani - DRAMA QUEEN 101 - I mean seriously I have never heard a girl whinge as much as she did while she was in the Bay, and talk about moving around from guy to guy . . . and the whole Kane thing was basically her fault in my opinion because she LEAD HIM ON in the first place . . . And then she kept going on about her feelings after Kirsty got with Kane but didn't even ONCE consider what problems she would cause in the family because of her drama queen status and an attention seeker

Kirsty - A get around - Im only saying this because she went from Nick, to Seb, to Kane, back to Seb and back to Kane and not once considered Seb's feelings in all of this, and the fact that she and Kane done a runner the same day Beth and Rhys were to marry just PISSED me off . . . it was like she had no heart for Beth or Rhys's big day!

Jade Now Jade is the only one I don't have a problem with, I actually feel sorry for her because she spent her whole life believing she had a twin, a family and what ever just to find out she didn't . . . WHAT WAS WITH THE TWIN TELEPATHY when Jade was caught in the mud slide with Duncan and Kirsty some how knew she was in trouble . . . and then sticking up for Dani, Rhys and everyone with the whole Kirsty and Kane situation but also sticking up for Kirsty at the same time . . . that takes guts . . .

So in all that I'd love for jade to come back because I dont feel as if the whole switched at birth thing was explored properly . . . and I loved her

I agree with you regarding the Dani part. I wasn't fond of Shelly, but it was funny when she used the following line to Dani whilst telling her off for being naughty: "YOU KNOW? WELL THAT WON'T PREVENT YOU FROM DOING IT AGAIN WILL IT?! I have been VERY any with you before, THIS IS THE FIRST TIME THAT I AM TOTALLY ASHAMED OF YOU!" I can't remember what episode it was from though.

I didn't think I really disliked the Sutherland's until I had got to this poll and realised I wouldn't want any of them back, perhaps Jade if I was forced but basically no.

The only Sutherland I ever liked was Kirsty and she's already returning so theres that one sorted.

I know the Sutherland's were never liked that much and the show revolved around them for to long, but why is Kirsty everyone's favorite. I used to like Kirsty but in 2002 when she left school and tried to be a lot more grown up than she actually was she just made herself look like a moron. Then she decided to get with her sister's rapist which was a dumb idea in the first place, and then she proceeded on to believe every word Kane said to her. How dumb does she have to be Kane is a criminal and always has been always will be.

Having said that I am glad to see her back and Kane in jail where he belongs.

and the whole Kane thing was basically her fault in my opinion because she LEAD HIM ON in the first place

Bec I can not believe you said that, yes Dani did led him on but she never said hey Kane come over and have sex with me, Dani was always a tease but that does not give anyone the right to rape her and besides when she said NO to Kane he didn't listen that is rape, because she did not give consent. So how could it possibly be her fault. Put yourself in Dani's shoes I think if you were her you wouldn't think it was your own fault. Also I know that this sounds typical because I am a Dani fan but even if I wasn't or it was some one else that Kane raped I was still think that what you said was out of line.

I said that I would like to see them all return to the bay. But the only ones that I can see coming back are Jade, Rhys and Shelly.

Kirsty - A get around - Im only saying this because she went from Nick, to Seb, to Kane, back to Seb and back to Kane and not once considered Seb's feelings in all of this, and the fact that she and Kane done a runner the same day Beth and Rhys were to marry just PISSED me off . . . it was like she had no heart for Beth or Rhys's big day!

Just to note - Kirsty didn't know that Beth/Rhys were getting married that day - Beth and Rhys just told them that they were going on a 'family picnic', and the Sutherlands/Hunters only figured it out when they got to the boat and found the registrar.

I wouldn't want them all back - the Sutherlands had their day, and although I enjoyed watching them back then I can't really see a place for them in the Bay now.

Having said that, it might be nice to see occasional visits, just to keep things a bit more realistic, from Shelley/Rhys and perhaps Jade.

^Oh that was thouroughly enjoyable! Didn't agree with the Dani bit but the rest was spot on. Thankyou! :D

Ummmmmmm thanks lol !

Ok so here is my opinion on the Sutherland Clan . . . .

Rhys - Whiny, sleezy, easy . . . Whiny because he was always on his kids back about the smallest thing EITHER one of them did wrong and TALKING to them about doing the right thing for the family . . .

BUT . . . In the end he was the main purportrayer that drove the family apart.

Sleezy because he just had that (look) about him and basically scared off anyone who got close to his family (mainly his daughters) unless he thought that they were good enough in HIS books for his girls . . .

Easy because it wasn't long after he moved to the Bay that he and Shelley and Rhys fell apart, he got with Beth and Married her . . . Thought he had a son to Angie Russel and then left Beth (who by the way was an amazing woman) for Shelley who freaking ended it in the first place.

Shelley - Self Ritcious, bitchy, up herself! . . . Self Ritcious because she was supposed to be the councellor but only made things worse between herself, Rhys and the family even after their marriage (till death do us part no doubt) only survived a couple of months from landing in the Bay.

Bitchy because she was always on Rhys's back to support the family but never done anything do stick by that herself and was always also on her kids backs all the freaking time and tried to keep that calm tone about her until someone wouldn't listen and then she's start her yelling and arguing.

Up Herself because yes she may have loved her kids but in the end,she ended up leaving Rhys because she didn't think they could work things out! Enough said there!

Dani - DRAMA QUEEN 101 - I mean seriously I have never heard a girl whinge as much as she did while she was in the Bay, and talk about moving around from guy to guy . . . and the whole Kane thing was basically her fault in my opinion because she LEAD HIM ON in the first place . . . And then she kept going on about her feelings after Kirsty got with Kane but didn't even ONCE consider what problems she would cause in the family because of her drama queen status and an attention seeker

Jade Now Jade is the only one I don't have a problem with, I actually feel sorry for her because she spent her whole life believing she had a twin, a family and what ever just to find out she didn't . . . WHAT WAS WITH THE TWIN TELEPATHY when Jade was caught in the mud slide with Duncan and Kirsty some how knew she was in trouble . . . and then sticking up for Dani, Rhys and everyone with the whole Kirsty and Kane situation but also sticking up for Kirsty at the same time . . . that takes guts . . .

So in all that I'd love for jade to come back because I dont feel as if the whole switched at birth thing was explored properly . . . and I loved her

I agree with you regarding the Dani part. I wasn't fond of Shelly, but it was funny when she used the following line to Dani whilst telling her off for being naughty: "YOU KNOW? WELL THAT WON'T PREVENT YOU FROM DOING IT AGAIN WILL IT?! I have been VERY any with you before, THIS IS THE FIRST TIME THAT I AM TOTALLY ASHAMED OF YOU!" I can't remember what episode it was from though.

:)

I know the Sutherland's were never liked that much and the show revolved around them for to long, but why is Kirsty everyone's favorite. I used to like Kirsty but in 2002 when she left school and tried to be a lot more grown up than she actually was she just made herself look like a moron. Then she decided to get with her sister's rapist which was a dumb idea in the first place, and then she proceeded on to believe every word Kane said to her. How dumb does she have to be Kane is a criminal and always has been always will be.

Having said that I am glad to see her back and Kane in jail where he belongs.

and the whole Kane thing was basically her fault in my opinion because she LEAD HIM ON in the first place

Bec I can not believe you said that, yes Dani did led him on but she never said hey Kane come over and have sex with me, Dani was always a tease but that does not give anyone the right to rape her and besides when she said NO to Kane he didn't listen that is rape, because she did not give consent. So how could it possibly be her fault. Put yourself in Dani's shoes I think if you were her you wouldn't think it was your own fault. Also I know that this sounds typical because I am a Dani fan but even if I wasn't or it was some one else that Kane raped I was still think that what you said was out of line.

I said that I would like to see them all return to the bay. But the only ones that I can see coming back are Jade, Rhys and Shelly.

Ok now about this, yes I know it the thread I wrote it made me sound like I was completely blaming Dani, but in all honesty I didn't know it would turn out like that so in my defence . . .

Im not completely blaming Dani, yes it is PARTLY her fault because she lead him on . . . but YES she did say NO to Kane in which does NOT make it ok, what I was meant to say was that it was parlt her fault but in the end both of them had a choice and no I dont think its ok which is why I re-read what I wrote and for that Im sorry I made it seem like I was completely blaming Dani for that which I wasn't.

Just to note - Kirsty didn't know that Beth/Rhys were getting married that day - Beth and Rhys just told them that they were going on a 'family picnic', and the Sutherlands/Hunters only figured it out when they got to the boat and found the registrar.

I wouldn't want them all back - the Sutherlands had their day, and although I enjoyed watching them back then I can't really see a place for them in the Bay now.

Having said that, it might be nice to see occasional visits, just to keep things a bit more realistic, from Shelley/Rhys and perhaps Jade.

Yes you are right about that too but putting my point across is that Kirsty seemingly only thought about her and Kane, not how it would affect her family and even after her family put her through, she owed them a little more then a silly letter she left behind . . .

And just a question, does Kirsty even know to this day that Beth and Rhys got married the same day her and Kane done a runner ? ? ?

Im not completely blaming Dani, yes it is PARTLY her fault because she lead him on . . . but YES she did say NO to Kane in which does NOT make it ok, what I was meant to say was that it was parlt her fault but in the end both of them had a choice and no I dont think its ok which is why I re-read what I wrote and for that Im sorry I made it seem like I was completely blaming Dani for that which I wasn't.

I got mixed up with all the quotes so I'm not sure who I'm quoting... :unsure:

It was NOT Dani's fault, not even partly. I like Kane, but I like him because he had a conscience and was genuinely sorry when Dani made him realise that what he did was wrong. No matter what they do, say, how they dress or behave, a victim is still a victim. Like everybody, man or woman, Dani had the right to say no and the right to her own body. No way was any of this her own fault.

Back to the question, I'd love the Sutherlands to come back, especially Jade. :)

i would deffently wont jade sutherland to come back i really liked her kristy was alright im glad she come back but the rest i didnt really like the rest. but i really liked the episodes that had the sutherlands in them it made home and away

Archived