Don's three houses... which was best?

Guest _chris70_

Odd topic, but over the years Don Fisher had three different houses that he lived in, the first until around 1990/91 was quite small and dark looking, the second up until 1995 was still quite traditional looking, with big wooden book cabinets etc. and then his third from 1996-2003 was the bigger townhouse which was the most glamorous of the three, but which do you prefer??

I liked the last two, but the middle one was quite school teacherish!

I don't recall the first one! I thought the "bookshelf" one suited the character best, but personally I did like the last one. It reminds me of Shane and Angel too.

Does anyone remember Celia's house? I remember a kid called Craig that she had taken under her wing a bit. She was standing in her sitting room telling him that she would prepare dinner for him because "a growing boy needs his sustenance"! It was a classic Celia line :lol: My brother and I still quote it.

The outdoor location of the original house was my favorite, it was perfect for filming and had a real nice feel to it.

The second was the most realistic in terms of looking like a house, every room was sectioned off, I liked how you could see the front door in the background and the patio area at next to the kitchen.

The last was good, but I didn't like it from 2000 onwards because they started to film from a different angle and it didn't look good, they also changed the lighting and it got much darker.

My favorite is the outdoor of the original and the second.

Whichever one had Shane and Angel under the same roof. I'll never forget when they "hated" eachother before they started dating, and Angel chased Shane around the house trying to put her lipstick on him, and they ended up having their first kiss :wub:. I was about six years old and it left a big impression on me. I also liked the house he shared with Marilyn. I kind of remember an episode where Maz got a picture framed especially for Donald, I think it was their wedding photo, and she wanted to surprise him with it and someone told her to hide it in the last place he'd expect to find it, so she left it in the toilet for him, but he pissed on it - good times!!!

• 1 year later...

The 2nd house with Shane and Angel, that was the only set they have ever had that actually looked like a real house.

I liked the 3rd one too but I didn't like it when they changed the camera angle/4th wall. I think that house is still standing as far as we know.

Archived