Just A Flicker of Hope

Guest matticus01

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally guys...I've been slack but finally chapter 3 is up. It's not very good...well I dont think it is but I'll leave it for you guys to decide...Hope you enjoy :)

Chapter 3

Over the next two weeks Matilda and Lucas spent every waking hour together, much to the dislike of Matilda’s mum and Lucas’s parents they continued to defy there parents and hang out and get to know one another along with there two friends Cassie and Ric.

They were constantly going to movies, riding bikes, going swimming or playing pool along with other various things every day but today was different, today was the start of something new.

They splashed around in the water as both girls sat on Lucas and Ric’s shoulders. Matilda and Cassie were wrestling each other to try and get one another off the other person’s shoulders.

Matilda laughed as Lucas kept hold of her legs trying not to tumble over in the water as Ric was starting to wobble as the girls kept tugging at each other and finally Matilda pushed Cassie and Ric stumbled before the both of them tumbled into the water, splashing droplets over Lucas and Matilda who were screaming out in happiness because they had finally won.

20 Minutes Later

Matilda and Lucas were lying on the beach sun baking after there game in the water while Ric and Cassie had gone to get some fish and chips for dinner. Matilda was wearing a bright pink bikini and had a pair of over sized white sunglasses over her eyes as she looked at Lucas in his yellow board shorts and nicely tanned stomach. Smiling to herself she moved her right arm closer to Lucas’s hand, her fingers creeping through the sand like a spider as she neared her destination. She felt herself blushing as she was now just inches away from his fingers.

“Ok who’s for fish and chips?” Cassie yelled as Matilda’s hand shot back beside her and she slowly sat up and smiled up at Cassie who was grinning at her.

Lucas sat up and grinned as Ric and Cassie sat down and Cassie opened up the bag and the four of them ate in silence.

Lucas kept glancing at Matilda from the corner of his eyes as he watched her munch away on some chips and look out at the ocean. Lucas smiled to himself as the wind blew lightly through her hair and looked like it had a life of its own.

Cassie watched as Lucas kept looking over at Matilda every now and again and felt herself glowing inside. She knew Mattie liked Luc and she knew Luc liked Mattie but she knew that herself and Ric were in the way.

She picked up another chip and watched as Lucas looked away from Matilda again as she glanced over at Lucas and quickly looked away when she noticed Cassie was looking at her and smiling.

One Hour Later

Matilda and Lucas sat on the beach talking, Cassie had dragged Ric off to the movies to watch her favourite movie that had come out ‘Step Up 2’ and even though Ric had complained about it he finally got the hint and was dragged off, leaving just Matilda and Lucas sitting on the beach.

“So…’ Lucas said as Matilda looked at him and giggled to herself as she saw Lucas starting to blush.

“Lucas…’ Matilda started as Lucas looked at her as they suddenly found themselves staring into each others blue eyes.

“Y…yeah…’ Lucas replied through a stumble as Matilda tilted her head a little and smiled slightly.

Matilda went to say something but it got caught in the back of her throat. Scratching her hair she smiled and looked at the sand before resuming staring into Lucas’s eyes.

“Kiss me…’ she felt the words leave her lips but they weren’t the words she was going to say. Looking at Lucas’s startled reaction she kept her gaze firmly on him as another lump formed in her throat.

“K-kiss you…’ Lucas was a little shocked to hear those words leave her mouth but the shock soon subsided as he repeated the question just to make sure he had heard right as he watched her nod slowly.

Matilda crawled to her knee’s and let her arms hang loosely beside her petite body as she watched Lucas also rise to his knee’s. Lucas felt his knee’s moving toward her but his head was screaming for him to stop.

What if I’m bad, what if I’m a bad kisser, what if she expects more. He thought to himself as he slowly rested his hands gently on Matilda’s hips and looked down at her as he saw her looking up to him. Leaning down so there faces were just inches apart he felt butterflies erupt in his stomach, jumping and turning around inside him like they were jumping through hoops over and over again. He felt her breath, her warm, delicate breath on his skin as he leant down and there lips collided with one another.

Hope you like guys...another pretty crappy chappy I think

Chapter 4

Another two weeks passed by and Beth and the Holden’s rarely ever saw there children anymore. Beth was starting to worry because Matilda was supposed to be doing some home schooling every week.

The only time Beth ever saw her daughter was when she came home for tea and got ready for bed and then Beth would get up the next morning and Mattie would be gone once again.

Beth was starting to worry that Matilda and this boy, in whom Beth hadn’t even met yet were becoming much more serious then a ‘normal’ teenage summer romance.

“Mum I’m home…’ Mattie yelled as she walked through the front door with a smile beaming from ear to ear.

“Your home early…is everything ok?” Beth asked trying to push her worrying thoughts to the back of her mind.

“Yeah but Lucas’s parents told him he…HAD…to be home early today because they wanted to…TALK…with him about some important issues…’ Matilda said mocking the two words ‘Had and Talk’ with laughter as Beth nodded and watched her daughter walk into the kitchen.

“Mattie…sweet, can we talk?” Beth suddenly asked fearing the worst from what she had heard about Lucas’s parents.

“Sure mum…’ Mattie said walking back into the lounge room with an apple in her hand and plonking down on the couch, facing her mother.

“What’s up…?’

“NO…I love her…you cant stop me from seeing her…’ Lucas screamed as his mother got to her feet from the couch sternly and crossed her arms forcibly over her chest.

“You will not see that… that….that…’

“THAT WHAT MUM…’

“TRASH…’ Lucas looked up at his mother angrily and then at his father who was just sitting there nodding.

“You don’t eve know her…she’s not trash…she is the most beautiful, honest, caring amazing girl I’ve ever met and you will not stop me from seeing her…’ Lucas screamed back as he jumped to his feet and pushed past his mother, almost knocking her back down onto the couch as he stormed down the hallway toward his bedroom, running straight past Jack who was staring curiously at Lucas.

Jack walked out into the lounge where his father was rubbing his mother’s back comfortingly.

“I take it he didn’t take that well then…’ Jack said picking up an apple form the table and taking a huge bite out of it.

“No he didn’t…’ Tony said as Jack nodded.

“Well I’m off…’ Jack said starting to make his way toward the door as Kate turned and looked at her eldest son.

“And where do you think your going…not to see…her…are you?” she asked disgustingly as Jack laughed.

“Mum…you should know by now…I’m 18 so you cant tell me what to do anymore and yes…I’m going to see…I believe her name is…Martha...’ Jack replied almost laughing as his mother couldn’t believe what she was hearing before walking out the front door.

“But…they wouldn’t do that would they…they don’t even know me mum…’ Matilda said through a worried tone as her mother held her daughter’s hands.

“I don’t know but everything I’ve heard about the Holden parents are not very positive at all Tilly…’

“But mum…’ Matilda croaked as tears started dwelling in her eyes. “I love him…’ she whispered as her mother bought her little girl into a hug and held her daughter and rubbed her hair.

Beth hugged Matilda as she sobbed gently into her and then Matilda’s phone started going off…pulling away form her mum she rummaged through her bag and looked at her ringing phone before putting it up to her ear.

“Hello…Luc’ Matilda started but suddenly clasped her hand up over her mouth and dropped the phone. Coughing a couple of sobs she moved her hands up to her hair as Beth looked at her daughter and quickly picked up the phone.

“Hello Lucas…” she said down into the phone as she got an answer straight away.

‘Who is this?’

“Its Beth, Matilda’s mum…what’s happened…?”

‘Mum is trying to ban me from seeing Mattie…I need to see her’

“Ok come over here ok” Beth said as she got an ‘Ok and thanks’ before the phone was beeping again.

20 Minutes Later

Lucas knocked on the door and waited as he saw an older woman peep around from the kitchen and smile at him and make her way towards him.

“You must be Lucas; I’m Beth…Mattie’s mum. Come in” Beth ushered Lucas inside and on to the couch.

“Nice to meet you Mrs Hunter!” Lucas said as Beth laughed.

“Call me Beth, please. Mrs Hunter makes me sound old…’

Lucas laughed as did Beth and then the room once again fell silent. Lucas looked around the nice house and looked over at the photo’s behind Beth. In the photo Lucas could see Beth, Matilda and a red haired girl and three males, two of them had brown hair and one had glasses and the other was right beside Matilda and also had blonde hair.

Beth traced Lucas eyes and smiled at the photo.

“They’re my kids, the boy next to Mattie is Henry, my son and her twin brother, he’s at boarding school and Scott, Robbie the one with glasses and Kit, my other daughter are back in the city” Beth explained as Lucas nodded.

“Where is Mattie?” Lucas asked as Beth smiled and sat down beside him.

“She’s lying down in her room, go through that door and it’s the second door sweet, she loves you, you know…’ Beth said as Lucas nodded and got to his feet and followed the directions Beth had just given him.

What's wrong with Lucas' parents? :angry: They don't like Mattie and Martha. Their sons want to date, that's normal. Maybe they should meet the girls before judging them. <_<

Beth is pretty cool. That's good. Maybe she can go and talk to the Holdens. :unsure:

More please.

Archived