Just A Flicker of Hope

Guest matticus01

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 9 months later...

So, finally after so long, I'll be updating this again, I just want to get it finished, so it's not playing on my mind anymore haha,

Of course I'll have to go back through it and read it all over, but I will be updating again :)

*ducks from happy readers*

Chapter 19

“Lucas…’ she stuttered as she quickly pushed herself away from Aden as he turned and saw Lucas staring at them. Matilda felt the lump instantly form in her throat as she kept staring at Lucas, as he was staring back at her, not saying anything, just staring.

“oh my god…’ she muttered in a whisper to herself as she looked from Lucas to Aden, as Lucas had now turned his gaze into a glare, and was looking at Aden.

“Oh god!’ she said a little loudly before she turned and took off down the beach. She could hear Aden calling out to her, but she couldn’t just stand there, completely overwhelmed that her boyfriend and… her boyfriend; were standing here inches away from her.

Turning she started running up the beach as the sand flew every which way as she kicked it up with her heels.

She could feel the tears forming in her eyes as she kept running, she didn’t know where her shoes were, but she didn’t care, she just kept running. She didn’t even realize where she was going until she ended up at the look out, where she and Lucas had first danced together under the stars.

Gasping for air, she held her hands up to her chest and leant forward as the tears trickled forcefully down her cheeks Closing her eyes she choked back a couple of sobs before dropping down onto her knees, cupping her hands over her face and beginning to sob uncontrollably.

He walked into the Diner and looked around, trying to place Mattie somewhere in the overcrowded Diner. He could see so many faces, but none of them were Matilda, and then he saw a shaking Martha, Cassie and Ric sitting at a table, Martha sobbing loudly as Cassie and Ric consoled her.

Racing over to where the three people were, Lucas looked from Ric to Cassie and then let his eyes rest on Martha.

“What’s going on?’ Lucas asked, looking concerned that something had happened to Jack, or that Jack had dumped Martha.

“We found Martha in the boot of someone’s car, they tried to kidnap her or something, the cops are on there way.’ Cassie told Lucas as Lucas’s eyes widened and he quickly took a seat opposite Martha.

“Oh my… does Jack know?’ Lucas asked as Martha choked back a few sobs before shaking her head.

“Can… you pl… please ring h…him for me?’ she stuttered to calm herself down as Lucas nodded and reached his hand into his pocket as he retrieved his phone.

Flipping through the phone book, he found Jack’s name before pressing the green dial tone and bringing the phone up to his ear.

“Hello Jack… it’s Luc…’

He had searched everywhere for her, but there was no sign, from anyone that they had seen her, and he was beginning to worry. He had yelled out to her after she had ran off but she had ignored him and run up the beach and out of sight.

Spinning around, he glared at Lucas before deciding to run after her, but by the time he had made it up the top of the beach, she had completely disappeared.

Sighing in defeat, he decided he would look in one more place before heading around to her house to tell Beth about it.

He made his way up the hill, her thongs in his left hand as he neared the look out. He finally made it to the top of the hill and rounded the corner as he stopped, seeing her sitting, her back up against the wall around the lookout, legs held tightly against her chest and her head resting on her arms which were sitting over the top of her knees.

He hesitated for a moment before walking over and leaning down in front of her, he let her thongs drop beside him before placing one hand on the edge of her arm.

“Mattie…’ he whispered as she gently lifted her head and looked at him, she had red puffy eyes and her eye liner had smudged.

“I’m sorry,’ she whispered as Aden smiled sympathetically at her.

“Don’t be sorry, you thought you’d never see him again, of course you have every right to be upset and confused! I don’t blame you’ he replied as he sat down in front of her and took her hands into his.

“But you have to talk to him… at least find out why, or what’s going on,’ Aden told her as she looked at him before nodding and sniffling a couple of times.

“Your right… I have to know what’s going on,’ Matilda sighed in confusion as Aden climbed back to his feet and pulled Matilda up with him.

“Go and see him, find out, if you still stay with him then that’s fine… but I’ll still love you Mattie…’ Aden said as he leant forward, cupping her cheeks and placing a soft delicate kiss on her soft, wet, pink lips.

“I’ll be home if you need me, ok,’ Aden said as Matilda nodded and leant in, placing one more kiss back on his lips before pulling back, leaning down and picking up her things and walking past him.

Aden watched as she made her way around the corner, to go and find him, to find out what was going on between them, he knew it was the right thing for him to do, but he just hoped that she came back to him.

Because he was in love with her.

SAL;KDFJASOPWEIFUAWELNCVLK;AWEFJ;AiljFAsl:kfjasdFLKJAWFOPWEIURAWLEKFNVSVNASOEIFU

WPAEAORUSALVKNAWE;LVKJAWEOPIWUERALWEKVN;WALKVHAWEO;RHIURLKGBJGA,NRMWG;AWEIFJOPWEU

IRHANWEVLKNASD;VLIAWERPO8WUAGPOAWEIHBVAWEKNFKLDSAJFAWEPORUAWEPO8AFIHSDANV;LSKVJHW

EPORIUAWEPVLKNASDKVLNMASD;FIAWUERPOIASEUFJASDLKNV;WIELJKFGV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

BEC UPDATED THIS FIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, done with that. :P

“Oh god!’ she said a little loudly before she turned and took off down the beach. She could hear Aden calling out to her, but she couldn’t just stand there, completely overwhelmed that her boyfriend and… her boyfriend; were standing here inches away from her.

OK, that made me laugh :lol:

“Go and see him, find out, if you still stay with him then that’s fine… but I’ll still love you Mattie…’ Aden said as he leant forward, cupping her cheeks and placing a soft delicate kiss on her soft, wet, pink lips.

“I’ll be home if you need me, ok,’ Aden said as Matilda nodded and leant in, placing one more kiss back on his lips before pulling back, leaning down and picking up her things and walking past him.

Aden watched as she made her way around the corner, to go and find him, to find out what was going on between them, he knew it was the right thing for him to do, but he just hoped that she came back to him.

Because he was in love with her.

Aden/Mattie are cute, but I have the feeling that Luc/Mattie star-cross'd lovers are gonna prevail.

Yay, an update :D!

Aden and Mattie are cute, but are in no way betetr than Lucas and Matilda. She better chose him :P. I also lol'd at the bit where Mattie mentioned her two boyfriends.

Archived