Just A Flicker of Hope

Guest matticus01

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well sorry it took so long but here it is...and its a long chapter too guys so brace yourselves

Chapter 5

She held her pillow close to her as she pressed her legs up against her chest on the bed. She had felt tired after crying in her mother’s arms for so long and just wanted to go to sleep but she couldn’t…she had to find out what was going on and Lucas should be here any minute now.

Looking at her bedroom door she heard a soft tapping noise before the handle turned and the door creaked open a fraction as Lucas popped his head in the door.

“Mattie…’ Lucas said as Matilda felt her heart skip a beat as she realized it was Lucas.

“Luc…’ Matilda croaked as she scrambled form her bed as Lucas pushed the door open and raced off her bed and into his arms as she felt his rest his hands on the back of her hair and sigh.

“I…I didn’t know if you were still com…’ She was hushed as Lucas pulled back and gently caressed her lips with his index finger before leaning down and placing a soft gentle kiss on her soft, pink lips.

“Nothing could keep me away from you…’ he replied gently after a moment’s time of kissing softly.

Matilda pushed herself against Lucas’s chest and dug her head into the crook of his neck as he once again wrapped hid arms around her petite, fragile frame.

Matilda took in a deep breath and could smell Lucas’s deodorant and hugged him tightly, not wanting to let go for fear that if she did she would never see him again. She closed her eyes gently and smiled sweetly to herself just to be able to hold Lucas in her arms…to have him with her in this moment and feel as if the world had disappeared and it was only the both of them.

Lucas kissed her hair, glad to be able to just hold her in his arms. When he was with Mattie it seemed that time felt slower, that it was just the two of them in the whole world. Slowly running his fingers through her hair he smiled to himself as he felt a warm surge of happiness flow through his body. Butterflies suddenly erupted through his stomach like the first time when he had met Matilda, the very first time they had met it was like they both knew it was love at first sight.

He didn’t want to let her go because he knew that if he did then reality would sink back in and the situation of his parent’s disapproval of Mattie would still be there.

Minutes passed by but it only felt like seconds to the pair as they kept hold of each other but finally Matilda knew they weren’t here to hug, they had to talk about what they were going to do so she swiftly pulled back but kept her grip firmly around Lucas’s waist.

“What are we going to do Luc…?’ She whispered as Lucas looked at her and sighed.

Taking his hand and slowly pulling him over to the bed and sitting on the edge of it as Lucas followed.

“I don’t know but I’m not going to let my parents choose who I fall in love with. I choose who I love and I love you…’ He saw Matilda look at him, at first shock present on her face but gradually ease into a smile.

“You love me…?’ she asked gently as she started blushing and felt Lucas take her hand.

“Yes Matilda, I love you” he replied looking deeply into her eyes.

“I love you too…’ she whispered as Lucas smiled and once again leant in and kissed her softly on the lips.

Wrapping her arms around his neck she looked up at him and smiled gently at the blue eyes gazing back at her. Matilda looked down for a second and then back up at Lucas.

“Let’s run away together…’ she suddenly blurted out as Lucas looked a little a taken back by this.

“What…’ he asked confused as she nodded and kept looking at him before speaking again.

“Lets run away, get away from here, away from your parents, away from everything. Lucas we love each other but your parents wont let us be together…so…’ she said as Lucas kept looking at her to see if she was joking or not, after a minute of silence he finally spoke up.

“What about your mum, what about money, living arrangements…Mattie if we run away it means were running away from our problems, not facing them” he replied as Matilda shook her head.

“No Lucas, mum will understand and I have money saved up and I have friends in the city that we could stay with for a while. Lucas I love you and I want to be with you…now…and forever!” she replied as she got up and sat on his lap and rested her head in his chest once again as she whispered ‘I love you’

“Lucas, honey tea is rea…’ Kates voice trailed off as she walked into his room and looked around at the empty bedroom before sighing loudly and turning around and making her way back into the kitchen.

“Tony…Lucas is gone…’

They lye on the bed as Matilda rested her head on his chest and with one arm over his torso and the other behind her head.

Lucas was running his fingers through her hair and his other arm was over her stomach and both there legs were entwined with each other.

“I wish we could stay like this forever…’ Matilda whispered as Lucas leant over and gently kissed her forehead

“I know, but unfortunately I have to get home soon before mum or dad realize I’m gone” he replied as Matilda nodded and looked up at him with teary eyes.

“Hey, hey, hey, hey whats wrong?” Lucas asked as she shook her head and took a sniffle as she laughed slightly.

“I’m just being silly…’ Lucas smiled at her and ran his fingers up and down her arm in motion.

“Come on you can tell me, I don’t care how silly it is” he said as she looked at him for a couple of seconds before taking a deep breath and speaking.

“Will you promise me something?” she asked as he nodded.

“Anything…’ he whispered silently.

“Promise me what ever happens we will still love each other, if one of us moves away we will write, that no matter what, they wont stop our love from growing…’ she said as her watery eyes shone with fear, love and passion as Lucas nodded.

“I promise, no matter what I will always love you Matilda Hunter and one day in the future, we will have that big family that you want…’

Matilda looked up at him as she wiped away the tears starting to run down her delicate cheeks as she smiled lovingly at him. Leaning in slowly she stopped inches from his face and looked into his loving blue eyes as he looked straight back into hers.

Leaning in a little more she could feel his warm breath as he delicately parted his lips and ran his tongue over his top lip, then imitating that with his bottom one.

Parting her lips she moved in so there lips were only just touching as they both felt a surge of ecstasy erupt through there bodies.

Her breath quickened as Lucas placed both hands over her lower back and slowly moved them down, resting on her bottom as he manoeuvred her so she was now resting on him. Finally leaning down there lips connected as he slowly slipped his tongue into her mouth.

Suddenly the both of them jumped as they heard a banging on the front door of Matilda’s house. Jumping off Lucas she raced over to her bedroom door as did Lucas as they both heard Beth yell that she would be there in a second.

Matilda looked up at Lucas as fear was now set on her features and all Lucas could do was look back at her with the same fear.

Opening her bedroom door they both slowly walked out and around the corner where Beth was standing there with Lucas’s parents looking very angry as they turned toward Matilda and Lucas.

Matilda saw the look in his mother’s eyes and fear flooded through her body like a dragon shooting fire at her. Keeping her eyes fixed on Lucas’s mums eyes she reached down to Lucas’s hand and entwined her fingers with his and held his hand tightly.

“Lucas, say goodbye to Matilda…’ Kate said sternly as she looked at Lucas who nodded slowly.

“Mattie why don’t you walk Lucas down to the car while I have a chat with his parents here ok sweet…’ Beth said as Matilda looked at Lucas and nodded as they slowly walked past Kate and Tony and out the front door. As soon as they were out of sight Beth turned to Tony and Kate.

“What is your problem with my daughter…?’ she asked angrily.

Yo Bec :P

I've just read the whole thing, and I really like the way this story has been built up :D Lucas' parents who don't want Mattie and Lucas to be together, but they love each other, so they refuse to listen to Lucas' parents. I really like those kind of stories. It creates drama :P

Anyway, can't believe that I haven't read this story until now. Can't say that I regret reading it :D

More please!

well finally, after much time of slacking off lol...here it is...i hope you like and sorry if its a bit short :)

and.........thanks Valli :)

Chapter 6

She stood there, arms crossed, tapping one foot and looking at Tony and Kate with almost the devils eyes as Kate stared back at Beth with an evil grin.

“Because… your daughter is trash…’

“TRASH!” Beth almost screamed as Kate nodded and turned and walked and went to walk out the door as Beth grabbed her arm and swung her back around to face her.

“You can not tell those kids who they can and cant love, those two kids in particular are crazy about each other and I doubt very much that a love like that will disappear…’

“Let me tell you something lady…’ Kate started as she pushed Beth’s arm away from her and this time crossed her arms.

“Lucas doesn’t know this but were leaving Summer Bay tomorrow so…if my son by any chance writes to that daughter you call Matilda…you are to hide the letters. If Lucas so much as receives one letter from that girl out there, I will have her charged with stalking or anything I can come up with…’

“I will not do that to Matilda…’

“Oh you will…’ Kate cut in over the top of Beth.

“Because if you don’t want her in trouble then you will do it…’

Kate’s final word was in as she turned around and this time left the house, Tony following close behind leaving a stunned and wordless Beth standing there for a moment before she followed the two outside and down the path where Matilda, Lucas and the car was in sight.

“Lucas…in the car…NOW” Kate threatened as she walked around to the drivers side of the car, opening the door and sliding her frame inside before slamming the door shut behind her.

“Say your goodbye’s kids” Tony said in a more sympathetic tone as Lucas and Matilda nodded and hugged as he also got in the car, smiling a small, soft, sorry smile at Beth before also closing the door.

“I love you…’ Matilda said just loudly enough for Beth and Lucas to hear as they kissed each other lovingly before pulling apart.

“I love you too Mattie…’ Lucas replied as he pushed a loose piece of hair behind her ears.

“I’ll see you tomorrow…’ he said as she nodded and got in the car.

Beth put her head down and looked at the ground, feeling sorry for the kids because if Kate was serious about what she said inside the house…Lucas wouldn’t be seeing Matilda again for a very long time, maybe never again.

The Next Morning

Beth was startled awake as there was a loud, impatient banging on the front door. Dragging herself out of bed she picked up her dressing gown and slipped it on, along with her slippers before walking out of her room as Matilda was also dragging herself out of her room and both girls looked at each other before Beth was the first to reach the front door.

Pulling it open Lucas almost bowled her over as he pushed himself through the front door.

“Mattie…’ he yelled as Matilda came from around the corner with her dressing gown flowing loosely behind her with a worried expression on her face.

“Luc…what…’

“Mum and Dad are taking me away…were leaving right now…’ Lucas said, anger and also hurt evident in his eyes as Matilda’s eyes swelled up with tears and her arms dropped down beside her.

“No…’ she whispered.

“No…your not leaving me…’ she said more loudly as her legs suddenly felt heavy and started shaking uncontrollably.

Lucas walked toward her as her legs finally gave way and she felt herself falling toward the floor. Suddenly feeling a pair of arms firmly around her waist she broke down and clutched his shirt as her sobs became more loud and uncontrollable.

Digging her head into his chest she let herself cry as she felt like someone had just ripped her heart out.

There was a knock on the door as Kate appeared in the door way and looked at Matilda doubled over in Lucas’s arms.

“Lucas…time to go…’ was all she said as she walked back outside leaving Beth, Matilda and Lucas alone once again.

Archived