Just A Flicker of Hope

Guest matticus01

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with Luc. Hate Lucas' parents, but love the way you write them.

It suits their characters to just take off like that with Lucas. And threatening Beth to make sure that Mattie won't write is just so typical :rolleyes:

Poor Lucas and Mattie :( As long as Kate has something she should have said, they'll never be left alone <_<

Good chapter :) More please!

Kate is horrible! :angry: A mother should be happy her son has found someone he loves. <_<

Asking Beth to stop Mattie from writing letters to Lucas is so low. :angry:

Calling Mattie trash when she doesn't even know the girl is rude. :angry:

Poor Lucas and Mattie! I hope they'll find a way to stay in touch. <_<

More please.

*sob*

That was...well...amazing. I thought I was a pretty good writer.

I was wrong <_<

Meggie . . . . . . . . . . . . . your an amazing writer :)

Anyway . . . I'm not that good

There will be an update 2moro night guys :)

Hope you can wait that long

Chapter 7

“Don’t go please; I don’t want you to go!” Matilda said through tear stricken eyes as her breathing had become quick paced and erratic.

Lucas held on to her tightly as he felt the emotions start to build up inside his body. Letting out a teary sigh he pulled back from her and pulled something out of his pocket which was inside a velvet red box. Handing it to her she looked at him through teary eyes as he nodded for her to open it in which case she did. Opening the box she looked inside and saw two rings with a love heart and a purple diamond sitting in the centre of both.

Pulling out the rings she looked at him as he took one ring and held Matilda’s left hand.

“They are commitment rings; if you wear it on your marriage finger it means you belong to someone, that you’re committed. I got one for the both of us because I want you to belong to me Mattie…’ Lucas said as Matilda looked at him with her wide, teary but loving eyes.

Lucas slid the ring on her finger and then picked up the other ring and slid it on his own and looked at Matilda.

Matilda smiled and twirled the ring around on her finger before looking back up at Lucas and smiling sweetly at him. Matilda leant in and her lips with Lucas’s for a moment before pulling back.

“Lucas, sweet!” they both heard Beth say as he slowly nodded before resting his forehead against hers.

“I love you…’ Lucas whispered as he looked into her baby blue eyes and gave a small smile as she closed her eyes for a moment and took in a deep breath before opening them again.

“I love you too…’ she whispered.

6 Months Later

She twirled the ring around her fingers whilst sitting on her bed as a million thoughts ran through her head.

Does he really love me? Is he seeing someone else? Has he taken his ring off? Will I ever see him again?

Placing the ring back on her finger she climbed off her bed and walked over to the mirror and looking in it. Her hair was tangling around itself from her sleepless night and her pyjamas were tangled around her body.

Sighing she walked out of her room and into the kitchen where her mother was sitting on the couch reading the paper.

“Morning…’ Matilda said as her mother looked up and smiled at her daughter.

“Morning sweet, something came for you today!” Beth said as Matilda stopped in her tracks and swung around to face her mother.

“Is it a letter mum? Did Luc…’

“Sorry sweet…’ Beth cut off as Matilda’s face fell again and she simply swung back around and made her way into the kitchen.

“Its ok mum…I…I guess I knew his parent wouldn’t let him write to me…’ Mattie said as she reached up into the top cupboard and pulled out a bowl before reaching back up into the cupboard and pulling out a box of special K.

“Matilda don’t you want to open your parcel sweetheart?” Beth asked as Matilda sat down at the table and nodded.

“Yeah…soon mum” she replied as she picked up her spoon and started eating her cereal.

1 Hour Later

Matilda sat at the table staring at the parcel. Pushing some of her recently showered wet hair behind her ears she took another look at it as Beth walked out from the hallway.

“It’s not going to change anytime soon sweet heart. Listen I’m going into Yabbie Creek to do some grocery shopping so are you going to be ok?” Beth asked as Matilda looked at her mum and nodded.

“Ok then see you when I get back…’ Beth said as she picked up her bag and keys from off the photo cupboard and left the house so it was just Matilda and the parcel.

Turning and looking at the parcel again she heard her mother’s car drive away from the house and finally grabbed the parcel and ripped open the package to reveal another box.

Removing the lid from off the box she was shocked at the contents that lay inside.

I know its short but the next chapter will be longer I promise

Archived