Never Let You Go

Guest jack+martha=trooluvv

YAYYY an updation!!! Okay guys I've lost the planner in which I've blocked out every chapter, so please don't be annoyed if the preview turns out to be inaccurate.

Chapter 11...or is it 12???

Martha made her way to the hospital, tucking her long hair behind her ear. She still felt really guilty about punching Rachel. Lara had said that she was going to be all right but still…things like that preyed on your conscience when you were trying to get to sleep. As she entered the hospital she shivered. Martha hated hospitals. They reminded her of seeing Jack in there…um…so many times…and lots of other people. Yabbie Creek Hospital was certainly not under-used. Also everyone was hurrying everywhere, or feeling sad. They weren’t happy places.

Especially when you’ve just nearly killed one of your best friends, Martha thought wryly as she went to the reception desk. “Um, I’m here to see Rachel Armstrong…” she said to the lady behind the counter.

“Em, she’s in Ward C, just down that corridor,” the lady said. “Thanks,” nodded Martha. She found her way to Rachel’s ward. There was only one other person there, an old woman who was sleeping. Rachel’s bed had a curtain around it. Outside of the bed stood Jack, looking grim.

“Jack!” Martha said, walking quickly towards him. He looked daggers at her. “What is it, Martha?”

“I…just wanted to say hello,” she faltered.

“Well you said it. Anything else?” he snapped.

Martha looked and sounded hurt. “Rachel is hurt Jack, this is no time to be fighting!”

“Oh and don’t remind me WHO hurt her?”

“Jack, I didn’t mean to reopen the stitches! Anyway, she hit me first.”

“You sound like an EIGHT-YEAR-OLD Martha, you should have known that hitting her in the stomach would have been dangerous!”

“Well she said something…not nice to me and really hurt me, I didn’t think Jack!!!”

“That’s obvious! What were you arguing about anyway??”

“Well I’m not going to tell you!” Martha said loudly, “you wouldn’t believe me anyway, considering no-one else will!” She huffed loudly and Jack looked at her in confusion.

A nurse stuck her head in. “Could you please keep your voices down in here, this is a hospital…” Martha and Jack nodded then glared at each other again when she left.

“See Jack this is why our relationship doesn’t work we can’t stop fighting!” Martha snapped, though quieter this time. “Whatever,” Jack murmured.

“Now I’m going to see her and I’d LIKE PRIVACY,” Martha said.

“Why?” Jack asked curiously.

“Jack, get out,” she said in a condescending tone. He raised his eyebrows and walked out. Martha tried very hard not to think how hot he looked in his jeans and black T-shirt.

She parted the curtain and walked in. Rachel lay on the pillows, pale, with her curly hair everywhere. Martha smiled just a little and to her relief Rachel smiled back.

“Listen, Martha,” she said in a weak, cracked voice, “I’m really sorry for hitting you, but I still don’t believe you.”

Martha looked at her. “Rachel I’m so, so sorry for landing you in hospital again, I shouldn’t have done that.”

“It’s okay,” Rachel smiled. “I shouldn’t have provoked you. But I have to say I don’t believe you, Roman wouldn’t do that.”

Martha bent down beside her. “Rachel, it really is true, and you need to accept that.”

Rachel looked at her with big eyes. There was absolutely no doubt in her mind at all, she really believed Martha was lying. “You don’t have any proof Martha.”

“I can take you there!” Martha said desperately. “ I can take you to the place where the club is and maybe we’ll see Roman.”

“Well I’m not going,” said Rachel. “Roman wouldn’t do that, okay, I know him.”

“Rachel there is a club there and Roman owns it and he’s having an affair with…” Martha was about to say “someone” but she heard a voice say “Martha!” angrily from behind her. Martha whipped around and screamed when she saw Sam standing right behind her. Rachel gasped, and Sam pulled Martha out of the curtain, out of the ward and into the corridor.

“How long were you there?” Martha gasped, staring at Sam’s cold eyes.

“Oh, long enough,” Sam said quietly.

Martha shook her head. “I…please don’t tell…”

Sam glanced around to make sure there was no one listening. “What you saw between me and Roman at the club was NONE of your business, and if you tell Jack I swear I will…”

Martha cut across her. “It was YOU at the club? YOU were the one Roman was kissing?” She stared at Sam in disbelief.

“You…didn’t know?” Sam asked. Suddenly she looked scared.

Martha shook her head. “I knew Roman was involved but I thought it was some random chick…I never thought it of YOU, Sam!”

Sam glared at her, but in her eyes there was fear. “You will not tell ANYONE, Martha. Anyway, it doesn’t matter if you do, because I can just convince Jack that you were lying to get him back.”

Martha shook her head in disgust, and marched out. Of course Jack was going to know, and once he knew he could convince Rachel.

That evening everyone sat in various positions at Sally’s place. Sally, Miles, Alf, Martha, Jack, Sam, Roman (Rachel was still in hospital and had to stay for a week), Ric, Matilda, Geoff, Annie, Cassie (though looking thoroughly depressed and as if she didn’t want to be there), Luc, Drew, Belle, Dan and Leah. Sally and Miles had called a huge party to celebrate their newfound relationship. Everyone was still finding it hard to believe, but it was obvious as Sally sat there with her arm around Miles, that they were brother and sister.

Despite all the various dramas almost everyone was enjoying the night. Ric was shooting occasional looks at the hand-in-hand Matilda & Geoff, but most of the time was chatting to Miles, getting to know him. As he said Miles was his new foster uncle and if Ric had chosen an uncle himself he couldn’t have made a better choice. Martha and Sam were glaring daggers at each other occasionally but no one took any notice, it was widely known that Sam & Martha weren’t the best of friends. Occasionally Martha looked at Roman and Sam, wondering if she should say anything, but she decided not to ruin Sally’s party.

Sally, Miles and Ric were talking over in the corner. “I’m so glad I finally found you,” Sally grinned, smiling at Ric and Miles.

“Who, me or Miles?” Ric laughed.

“Both of you,” giggled Sally. “But isn’t it weird…how Milco was actually a real person?”

Miles merely smiled, watching the dynamic.

“I know…” sighed Ric. “I wish I could have an imaginary friend who turned out to be my twin brother.”

“I was always so convinced that Milco was real,” Sally said thoughtfully, “when I was little. Turns out he was.”

“So Miles you’re going to come and live in the house now?” Ric asked.

Miles nodded. “Yep, and I’m going to work full-time in the caravan park as well.”

“Awesome mate, or should I say Uncle.”

“Miles will do just fine,” he said with a grin. “You know if Sally can ever do without me I might think about working as a teacher at the high school, that’s what I was before…things went bad.”

“That would be great,” Ric said, “I’m sure the kids would love you.” He looked over at Matilda and Geoff, who were kissing.

“The kids?” Miles asked. “You’re not exactly geriatric yet Ric.”

“No,” laughed Ric. “But I’m eighteen. That gives me the right to call anyone who is younger than eighteen ‘kids’.”

“That’s a good stage,” Miles said. Ric saw Matilda and Geoff again, and muttered something about needing some air. Ignoring Miles & Sally’s concerned looks he raced outside and sat on the verandah with his head in his hands.

Dalby, you can’t keep getting angry about those two, he told himself. They’re happy and that’s all you’ve ever wanted for Matilda. But somehow Ric felt that it would be a lot easier to be happy that Matilda was happy if she was happy with him. But no.

Why is my life so stuffed up? he asked himself.

Chapter 12 - or is it 13?? Anyway - Martha is threatened by Sam!!! Tony & Kristee are back...is Rachel JEALOUS??

UPCOMING: Two deaths will shock the Bay...Stay tuned

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay I wrote this chapter really quickly so I hope it's allright...

Chapter 12

Rachel lay in the hospital bed. Funny, she thought musedly,that sometimes work is my favourite place to be, and at the moment I hate it. She felt so idle, seeing the sick lady in the bed next to her, wishing that she could cheer her up. That was the thing that Rachel loved about being a doctor – not the actual surgery and saving people’s lives bit, but helping them to keep their spirits up when they were confined to the blinking fluorescent lights and white hospital beds.

She was completely alone. As she lay in the bed she wondered why Roman wasn’t coming to visit her. He had done a couple of times but she missed him, she wanted to see him more often. She pulled her mobile phone out of a drawer and texted him: COME VISIT I’M LONELY

Two minutes later he wrote back : BUSY. SRY. Rachel sighed unhappiliy.

A nurse entered and Rachel quickly hid her phone. “So how are you, Dr. Armstrong?” she asked sunnily. Rachel looked at her with great jealousy.

“Bored,” she said grumpily.

The nurse laughed. “Hospital tends to do that to you. Now, does it still hurt when you move?”

Rachel sat up gingerly and winced as she felt the stabbing pains in her stomach. “Yep,:” she nodded. “But not as bad, I think.”

The nurse made a routine check-up then left to see the old lady. Rachel fell back into her thoughts.

She was starting to have her doubts about Roman. If he loved her so much, why wasn’t he coming to see her? Rachel shook her head like she had water in her ears. She had believed so strongly that what Martha had said was a lie, but you know, maybe it was true. Honesty is the best policy in a relationship, she told herself. Just ask him. Rachel nodded her head firmly. She was going to find out once and for all. Then suddenly a little voice in her head said, Look where honesty got you with Tony. “We wouldn’t have made it anyway,” she told the little voice. “Roman was – and is – the one I’m attracted to.” Really? Weren’t you ever impressed with the way Tony is so nice to everyone, takes care of everything so well, so responsible… the little voice trilled. “Roman’s nice to everyone too!” she said quietly. “And…and Tony isn’t responsible, he ran away.”

Speaking of which, he hadn’t even come back to see her! Surely Luc or Mattie would have told him. Still, he was pretty mad at her. Maybe he didn’t care if the stitches from her gun wound (which he saw happen to her) re-opened due to a vindictive brunette punching her. Rachel punched her pillow and rolled over, feeling severely sorry for herself.

Martha pulled her long dark brown hair into a neat ponytail. She was wearing a white button-up shirt that went to her elbows, the first three buttons were undone and she had a pair of small denim shorts on. She looked at herself in the mirror. She was showing a bit more skin than she usually did. “I am NOT showing my body off just because I’m going to go and visit Jack now,” she told herself, and then shook her head. She remembered whenever she wore small shorts the way Jack used to smile at her legs. Martha wished she still did that now. Maybe he did, but tried to hide it. Anyway, she had a place to be and a shocking fact to tell her ex. “You look great, McKenzie,” she told her reflection, trying to reassure herself.

She tightened her ponytail once more, slipped on a pair of whit sandals and headed out the door, to Jack’s place. Once she was there she knocked on the door softly. Jack answered, and his eyes widened. Maybe it was the shock of seeing Martha come to his place, after she’d exploded at him at the hospital, or maybe it was the legs, or the shirt, or a combination of all three. Anyway, Martha smiled at him. “Is Sam here?”

“Uhh, no, she’s at work,” Jack said. “Is…there something you need to tell her?”

“No actually,” Martha said and she stepped inside uninvited. She twisted her hands nervously. “There’s something I need to tell you.”

Jack rumpled his hair. God, he looked HOT! How could an average Aussie man, in a shirt and jeans, be as hot as a cross between Heath Ledger and Colin Firth. Especially when he did that hair rumpling thing…

“Um…Martha?” Jack asked.

Martha realised she’d been standing there silently staring at Jack and his hotness. “Anyway!” she said quickly, trying to sound casual, “It’s about Sam.”

“Sit down,” said Jack, being unusally friendly. He sat next to her on the sofa. Martha felt goosebumps erupt at the closeness. She LOVED it when Jack invaded her personal space.

“Um…yeah…about Sam,” she said.

“Go ahead.”

“Well…okay…it’s a long story. Basically I was feeling depressed one night, and I went for a walk. I went past the place were Cam’s club used to be, and there’s a new place there now. Pole-dancing and everything. And…I saw Roman out the side of it, talking to this girl. It wasn’t Rachel. They were kissing and stuff and she said ‘Thanks so much for the pole-dancing job.’ And then I was going to tell Rachel and we argued about it and she hit me. Then I went to the hospital and I was trying to convince Rachel and Sam pulled me out. And, anyway, she thought that I was going to tell Rachel about Roman and…”

The door slammed and in entered Sam. Martha and Jack quickly jumped off the couch, staring at her. “Well, go on!” Jack said wildly, looking from his ex to his enraged wife. “What were you saying, Martha?”

Martha let out a noise that was a combination of a sob and a gasp, and ran from the room. For two seconds Sam and Jack stared at each other, then Sam let out a growl and ran after Martha.

Martha walked fast along the street, trying to get home. It was all over now. Sam had seen her and would convince Jack that she was desperate to get them back, and even a HOPE of a friendship between them was now demolished. She tried not to cry but it was useless. The tears dripped down her face, teenagers staring at her as she marched past. Soon she realised there was someone behind her. She swung around. It was Sam.

“I don’t want to talk to you!” choked Martha. “You filthy, cheating, lying SCUM!”

Sam grabbed her and pulled her into a public toilet. She locked the door. Martha screamed and backed against the wall. “Let me OUT!”

“No,” said Sam, her face cold with fury. “There’s something I need to tell you first.”

Martha started to fumble for the lock on the door. Sam shoved her away roughly, then pinned her up against the wall. For such a short, skinny chick she was remarkably strong. Sam leant in, so she was very close to Martha. Martha could smell her breath. She struggled a little. “Now, I’ve got…friends, you might say,” hissed Sam. Martha made a small noise. This was a Sam she had never seen or heard of before.

“Very…tough, strong friends,” she continued. “And if you even…mention to Jack, or the police, a HINT of pole-dancing, or Roman, or the club, or anything else, they’ll come after you. And they’ll do a nice FACE rearrangement for you. They’ll get rid of those horsey teeth of yours. So watch your step.”

Martha screamed and with a strength born of fear, pushed Sam off her. She made her way to the door, but her fingers shook and she couldn’t undo the lock. “You won’t win this Sam! I’ll tell Jack and the police and they will get you and your strong friends!”

“It’s your funeral,” Sam said in a scary voice, then unlocked the door and shoved Martha out. She landed with a thud on the pavement, her lip bleeding, and burst into tears.

Back at Jack & Sam’s place, Sam rushed in, her hair haywire. “Is everything okay?” Jack asked Sam, rubbing her shoulder.

“Yes, everything’s fine,” Sam said airily. “Oh, and what Martha was going to say…”

“What about it?” Jack backed away.

“She’s lying, to get you back,” Sam said, inspecting her fingernails.

“What?” Jack said. “She didn’t even tell me everything she was going to say.”

“That’s good,” Sam replied casually. “You wouldn’t have to hear the shocking lies. She’s DESPERATE to get you back, Jack. The whole town knows it. And three weeks after breaking up with Michael. A bit…cruel, don’t you think?”

Jack shook his head. How could Martha LIE to him?? He was thinking of renewing their friendship but…no, it couldn’t happen.

Mattie sat on the sofa, reading a book. Luc was tapping away at his laptop. Suddenly he swore.

“What?”Mattie asked, lifting up her head and stretching out her legs.

“I forgot to call Dad in the city and tell him about Rachel! He’ll want to know.” Luc reached for the phone.

Rachel sat up in the hospital bed, reading a romance novel, trying to escape from the boredom. Suddenly the ward door swung open and in came Nurse Julie. “Rachel,” she smiled, “you’ve got visitors.”

Rachel sat up and put on a smile. It soon turned real as a grinning Tony came in, rumpling his hair.

“Hey!” she said. “I thought you…well…hated me!”

“Well,” Tony said sheepishly, “I was a bit annoyed at you, but Luc only just called me and told me about it, I had to come back, and I’m staying.” He grinned. “Are you okay?”

“Yeah, fine. It’s great to see – ” Rachel broke off as a feminine voice came calling down the corridor. “Tony, wait for me!” In came a beautiful woman, about Tony’s age but very young-looking. Blonde. Huge boobs. Long-lashed brown eyes. She hung on to Tony’s shoulder.

“Hey, you must be Rachel,” she said, showing an expanse of white teeth. “I’m Kristee.”

Tony looked a little embarrassed. “This is Kristee, my old girlfriend from high school. We met in the city, and we’re going out again.”

Rachel forced a smile. “How lovely,” she said stiffly.

A feeling was erupting in her chest. It wasn’t…jealousy!?

Chapter 13: Jealousy is an ugly, ugly word...

UPCOMING: A new girl arrives in the Bay under the most tragic circumstances...

“You look great, McKenzie,” she told her reflection, trying to reassure herself.

Martha let out a noise that was a combination of a sob and a gasp, and ran from the room. For two seconds Sam and Jack stared at each other, then Sam let out a growl and ran after Martha.

“It’s your funeral,” Sam said in a scary voice, then unlocked the door and shoved Martha out. She landed with a thud on the pavement, her lip bleeding, and burst into tears.

Those were my favourite parts, I never would have picked Martha to be scared of Sam though lol . . .

great chappy, update soon Meggie Im really loving this . . .REALLY :D

Archived