Never Let You Go

Guest jack+martha=trooluvv

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww my gawwwwwd :(

Poor Tony...Rachel...its all your fault... :angry:

although I wonder what Mattie's gunna do...maybe her and Luc get drunk and accidentally sleep together... (now thats a storyline) :D

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh a secret about sam...I love Sam's secrets (jumps up and down) :lol:

Chapter 3

Warning: Younger readers might find this chapter disturbing.

Matilda came racing up behind Lucas. “What did you just say, Lucas Holden?” she demanded. Lucas wordlessly passed her the note.

Dear Mattie & Luc,

Guys, I need to leave town. My life is a bit messed up here. But I don’t want you to worry. The gym will be fine, don’t worry about that either. I’ll be back in a few weeks, to collect my stuff and say a proper goodbye. Please don’t come after me. If there is something urgent call me on the mobile.

Dad

“He always seemed happy enough,” Matilda said slowly.

“Yeah, seemed,” muttered Luc.

“So that’s it?” Mattie asked. “He’s gone…”

“He’ll come back,” Lucas said, trying to sound breezy.

Matilda sighed. “But what is wrong? Maybe we should call him.” Matilda’s hand moved to her mobile phone, lying on a table. Lucas put out his hand and stopped it.

“I think he needs some space,” Lucas said sadly. “We’ll try calling him in a few days. Meanwhile, we’ll just have to manage without him.”

The next evening:

Jack was at work, Sam was at the hospital, and Roman & Rachel were curled up on the sofa, kissing happily. In the midst of their passion, Rachel felt uncomfortable. She knew she had really hurt Tony. Was it right for her to be here, with Roman? How could she be doing this?

Rachel pulled away and dropped her head. “What’s wrong?” Roman asked, stroking her hair.

“Tony,” Rachel said slowly.

Roman started back. “Don’t tell me you have feelings for him?”

“No,” smiled Rachel sadly. “I…well…I sort of rejected him for you.”

“And he’s not happy?” Roman asked.

“Well…no,” Rachel admitted. “And I feel kind of guilty being here with you.”

“It’s okay,” Roman said. “It’s getting late, anyway, I’d better go.” He bent down and gave Rachel a kiss. Rachel let herself enjoy it then waved goodbye as he headed out the door.

Two minutes after Roman left in barrelled Luc. “JACK!” he yelled.

“Jack’s still at work, Luc,” Rachel said.

“Oh, bugger, I forgot,” Lucas groaned. “I need to tell him something.”

“I can pass on a message, if you want,” Rachel offered.

“Oh no, he’d rather I told him myself. But I can tell you, if you like, because you’re a friend of Dad’s.”

Rachel felt quick panic zing through her. What had Tony done? Forcing her voice to sound calm, she asked, “What is it?”

“Dad’s, well, he’s left town. He doesn’t seem to be coming back, except in a few weeks to get his stuff.”

Oh, NO! Rachel thought. “He…um…why?”

“He didn’t really explain. He said his life was a bit messed up, and he had to leave.”

“Oh, God,” Rachel said. She walked quickly past Luc.

“Where you going?” Luc asked confusedly.

“Don’t worry,” Rachel called back. She had to find Tony.

Tony looked at his new bedroom. It was at Simon’s B&B, and was really quite nice, with a window that looked out on one of the city’s finest parks, with a statue and a water feature and everything. The other window looked out on drab Sydney streets. The room itself was all right, but very plain, with a bristly white mat, a small mahogany chest of drawers and a little bed. Several pictures hung on the wall, featuring abstract water-colour daubs of the Sydney Harbour Bridge and the Opera House.

“So this is my home,” Tony sighed. The room was lit with a buzzing yellow lantern and the sound of happy teenagers laughing in the streets echoed through his ears. Outside, the streetlights shone brightly on happy couples walking along, arm-in-arm. They reminded Tony of Rachel and Roman, and he turned away. Lying down on the bed, he considered his prospects. The first few weeks he was here he would just spend relaxing, seeing the city, and trying to recover. Then he’d look about finding a job in the city…at a gym, maybe?

The Sydney Swans song blared through the room, in tinny mobile phone tones. Tony reached over for his mobile and read the screen. Rachel is calling, the text read. Oh well. He might as well answer it.

“Rach?”

“Tony! I heard from Luc…”

“Rachel, please…”

“No, Tony, I need to speak with you.”

“Rachel, don’t bother.”

“Well, I’ve driven all the way to the city.”

“For me?” Tony sounded incredulous.

“Well…yes. Where are you?”

“Does it matter?”

“PLEASE, Tony.”

“Allright,” sighed Tony. He gave his address. Ten minutes later a flushed-looking Rachel arrived at his room.

“What is it?” Tony asked.

“Why did you leave?” Rachel asked, searching his face for a sign of emotion.

“You know as well as I do,” Tony said, and turned away.

“No, I don’t!” cried Rachel, swinging him around to face her.

“You dumped me for Roman!” he yelled.

“Oh and you’re chucking a hissy fit and running away because of that?” Rachel yelled back. Anger had sparked up in her, somewhere, she didn’t know why, all she knew was that she was angry.

“You broke my heart!”

“Tony,” said Rachel, her face contorting with emotion, “KIM broke my heart, worse than I broke yours. Kim left me for Kit after I had given up the man who I loved for him. And I didn’t go running off, leaving all my family behind me to cope on their own. I didn’t leave my workplace without an owner. I didn’t leave two teenage children behind me. Mattie & Luc NEED you, Tony.”

“Just get out,” Tony said stonily.

“Tony, listen to me!” Rachel screamed, tears pouring down her face.

“GET OUT!” yelled Tony, and slammed the door in his face.

A WEEK LATER:

It was the day. The one highlight of her week. Sam felt excitement zing through her. It was the day when both Rachel AND Jack had late shifts, and Rory spent the night at one of his friend’s. Sam was free to do whatever she wanted. And she knew what that was. Rushing into her room Sam unlocked the drawer and got out her stuff. She stuffed the clothes and wig into a plastic bag and ran out the front door. Speedwalking through Summer Bay’s dark streets Sam found the building she wanted, and entered through a back entrance into the dressing room.

“Hurry up!” a fellow worker, named Cynthia, said quickly. “You’re almost due on!” Sam changed quickly. She stuffed her scraggly red-brown curls under a long black wig, and applied wickedly dark red lipstick and black mascara and eyeliner. Into the little glittery sports bra and tiny miniskirt she went. “That’s your cue!” Cynthia whispered frantically.

On to the stage Sam stepped, as the soft opening chords of the music played. There were catcalls as Sam walked slowly to the center of the stage. Puffs of smoke went up around her legs and she swung her hips as she moved. Then she reached the pole, and twisted one leg around it. She kicked back her other leg and tilted her chin, then the music properly started and Sam twisted and spun, her seductive dancing exciting the crowd.

Martha walked briskly, feeling the air rush past her face. She didn’t know where she was going, or where she was, and didn’t really care. She just needed to get out…to stop brooding on the Jack and Sam situation. She stopped and looked around at her surroundings. With a stab of pain she realised she was at the spot where Cam’s club used to be. The club had been burnt out, and the spot had been empty. Now there was a new one. In the dark its lights shone brightly, and wild music sounded from inside. Wonder who owns this one, she thought glumly.

There was a grassy space near it, with a few large trees. Martha leant up behind one of the trees, and then realised she could hear people talking. Around the side of the club there was a tall, muscly man and a short, thin woman, standing very close to each other.

“I’m so glad you gave me the pole-dancing job,” said the woman. The voice sounded familiar but Martha couldn’t quite place it.

“I’m glad too, you’re fantastic, the people love you,” the man said. His voice, too, sounded familiar.

“You’re sure that…she doesn’t know about you owning the club?” the girl asked.

“Oh, no,” the man said.

“That’s good, Roman,” said the lady. Martha gasped in shock. Roman! Like the Roman at the diner Roman?

“And Jack doesn’t know about us?” Roman asked. Martha shifted so she didn’t hear the “Jack” bit. She peered around cautiously and light fell on Roman. It was almost definitely him. Then he kissed the woman, and Martha scurried away.

Sam looked up into Roman’s blue eyes, and pressed herself excitedly up against him. “I love you, Roman,” she breathed.

“I love you too…Sam,” he murmured.

Martha struggles with whether to tell Rachel about Roman. Matilda gets drunk and has an “encounter” with Ric and Tony meets someone in the city…

Archived