The Best Mistake

Guest PINK

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey.

Heres an update,

It's not very long but hey atleast it's something...

It's kinda the chapter that set's up the main storyline for the story.

Now it's school holidays I have much more spare time on my hands to write fics.

Hope you like it...

Martha smiled as she laid her head on Jacks chest as he stroked her hair.

“What you thinking about?” Jack asked looking down at her

“Everything” she said looking up into his eyes.

Jack looked down at her, just then there was a knock at the door.

“I’ll get it” Jack said reluctantly as he pulled back the covers, pulled on his jeans and a shirt and made a quick exit from the bed room.

Jack walked over to the door and opened it but to his surprise no one was there.

He was about to shut the door until something caught his eye.

He bent down and picket up the small parcel, looking at it inquisitively with great care he opened it.

He slowly brought out the contents.

“What the?” Jack asked out loud to no one in particular as he studied the item in his hand.

It was a watch with a broken face with a note that read.

‘Time is running out. I’m getting closer. Let’s see how well you can protect your nice little family because you and your precious Wife are going to pay.

BIG TIME.’

“Who’s that from?” Martha asked worry written clearly over her entire face as she read the note over and over again trying to figure out who would send them such a disturbing letter.

“I think I have a pretty good idea” Jack said as he shoved watch and note into Martha’s hands and raced from the apartment.

“Jack, Jack” Martha called out but it was no use. Jack was gone.

“Right” she sighed as she placed the contents of the parcel on the bench and placed her hand on her fore head.

‘Things weren’t getting any easier’…

KNOCK, KNOCK.

“Open the door Sam” Jack yelled as he banged on the door.

“What?” Sam asked annoyed when she finally opened the door to find a very angry Jack on the other side.

“What the hell are you trying to prove?” he asked her

“Jack what are you talking about?” Sam asked

“Oh don’t pretend you don’t know what I’m talking about” Jack said crossing his arms.

“I’m sorry I don’t have any idea, now I think you should go” she said trying to close the door but Jack placed his hand on it to prevent her taking such an action.

“Then tell me, where have you been all nigh…” he was cut off by another presence being made in the room.

“Sam, who’s this?” The male asked as he walked over and placed a protective hand on her shoulder.

“Oh this was Jack and he was just leaving” Sam said looking at him sternly.

“You’ve been here all night?” Jack asked slightly stunned.

“Yeah, why?” the man asked Jack confused by why there was a man on the door step and one thirty in the morning.

“Now if you wouldn’t mind, we really need to be getting back to bed” the man said sleazily and he smirked in a way that made Jack cringe.

“Yeah, sure” Jack said stepping back as Sam closed the door on him…

Jack walked through the apartment.

“Where have you been?” Martha asked as she sat on the couch,

“It wasn’t Sam” Jack told Martha,

“I don’t care” Martha’s aid shooting up “Why did you rush out like that, I was scared Jack” Martha said, tears forming in her eyes.

“I’m sorry” Jack said moving towards her, suddenly there was a shattering sound and the sound of a screeching car.

“Oh my god” Martha said as she stared at the brick laying innocently on the ground just millimetres from her body.

“Someone’s out to get us” Martha said as her body began to shake.

Jack moved towards the brick, leant down and slowly picked up the note attached.

In the same handwriting as the earlier parcel it read.

You are so off the mark Jacky boy with the whole crazy ex wife thing.

Figures, you never were the best cop…’

“Why would someone want to hurt us?” Martha sobbed as Jack took her into his arms,

“I don’t know” Jack said as he tried to soothe her….

Archived