Who remembers this storyline?

Guest vyle

This might be odd, but I was discussing H&A with some friends the other day, and I mentioned a storyline I SWEAR happened, and i remember it quite vividly, but now I'm not sure if I imagined it.

From what I remember (this being the early 90s) there was a bad guy in summer bay who everybody hated. He somehow wound up dead, and pretty much everybody was a suspect because they all had motives to bump him off.

This led to a few episodes where key suspects were interviewed, and for whatever reason, everybody pleaded guilty, and this gave way to some amusing scenes, like alf pushing the guy off a cliff, and another guy swinging the guy off the cliff by his legs (this scene also utilised a very poorly made dummy).

Does anybody remember it?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes! Genius!

I just googled:

EPISODE #213

Broadcast on Prime Television on Thursday, October 28, 1989, at 11am.

Vera tells Phillip sux Stacey they will have to leave the flat this "fortnight", saying how despised she is by them allegedly hounding poor Gary Samuels to his death. But the next day, Vera apologises, after Phillip sux Stacey start blaming themselves for Gary's death. Carly also blames herself. She and Alison turn Gary's death into another teasing game at school. As the kids exchange insults about how they're not gunna be able to concentrate on the exams etc., fake black and white footage is shown of Carly having an argument with Gary at the clifftop, then pushing him off the cliff, then there's Alison, whom he also insults, before she too pushes him off the cliff. Also, there is fake black and white footage of Phillip Matheson having a fight with Gary, before Phillip spins a dummy around before throwing it over the edge with the sound of Gary screaming as it falls to the bottom (the dummy is quite noticeable). At the end of the episode, footage is shown of detectives finding an earring at the clifftop (which is cordoned off), and Carly holding another one of the earrings back at "Pippa"'s.

I seem to remember a storyline with Duncan... Did he have a rivalry with someone? And he put worms or something in their burgers? And then they did something to his bike and he had to walk somewhere and Ailse wasn't happy because he had some health problem? I can only distinctly remember it!!

• 3 weeks later...

This is more a scene I will always remember rather than a story line. Stephen being so traumatised that he put his hand on the hot coffee pot and held it there. Self-harming himself basically. I remember I found it an astonishing thing to do, at the time. It was something to do with his (dishy) uncle Philip telling him something, possibly about his past, or his parents or something.

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone remember a storyline where a girl student accused a male teacher of hitting on her or kissing her? I can't remember who the student was or the teacher although I have a vague feeling it was Harry.

It certainly happened about 10 years before Harry anyway, with a recurring guest character called Vicki, who was arch enemy of Emma (played by Danni Minogue). Vicki claimed that Grant (played by Craig MacLachlan, previously Henry in neighbours, i.e. Charlene's brother, aka Kylie Minogue, aka sister of Dannii's) hit on her. She was lying and Emma eventually got her to own up.

Correct me if I'm wrong in any of this, fellow oldtimers!

Does anyone remember a storyline where a girl student accused a male teacher of hitting on her or kissing her? I can't remember who the student was or the teacher although I have a vague feeling it was Harry.

It certainly happened about 10 years before Harry anyway, with a recurring guest character called Vicki, who was arch enemy of Emma (played by Danni Minogue). Vicki claimed that Grant (played by Craig MacLachlan, previously Henry in neighbours, i.e. Charlene's brother, aka Kylie Minogue, aka sister of Dannii's) hit on her. She was lying and Emma eventually got her to own up.

Correct me if I'm wrong in any of this, fellow oldtimers!

I remember what you are saying. I even believe that the girl who played Vicki was played by Norman Coburns real life daughter.

But it happened with Harry as well but I can not remember the name of the girl any more, I do not think she played in many episodes. I can't remember if it was Judith or Fisher that was principal at this time.

Archived