Who remembers this storyline?

Guest vyle

You have reminded me of when Jesse killed Chloe because he was drink driving. The only person understandably angry was Alf and was talked round in a matter of episodes. And Irene didn't even mention it as she was too busy with a custody battle. When I think about things like that it makes me thing that the current show is no worse then in 2005.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've noticed a pattern of them bringing back former characters when a current character is about to leave

1993; Karen returns several weeks before Les Hill bows out as Blake

2005: Chloe being killed off in order to speed up Jesse's impending departure

2009: Shelley's return following Kirsty's miscarriage and subsequent departure

You have reminded me of when Jesse killed Chloe because he was drink driving. The only person understandably angry was Alf and was talked round in a matter of episodes. And Irene didn't even mention it as she was too busy with a custody battle. When I think about things like that it makes me thing that the current show is no worse then in 2005.

I think this storyline was one of the first times I released H&A had changed and stopped being character driven. I remember being quite frustrated with the way a lot of the characters treated Jesse. I don't think Alf was the only one who was angry - a lot of them seemed to either turn there back on him or not care (due to poor writing).

When Jesse was suicidal I seem to remember Sally and Flynn being quite cold towards him too. I don't know, I just ended up feeling more sorry for Jesse than anything else because the writers seemed to turn him into someone we were supposed to be angry with. I just don't think it was very well written.

Archived