Who remembers this storyline?

Guest vyle

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to have quite a bit of 1999 on video up until around 2001 where it all started to either go missing or get taped over...etc It's only with the passing of time that I wish I had looked after all of my old H&A videos because now I don't really have anything at all.

In 1999 I really liked it when Adam Cameron returned and had a nice chat to Sam. It was nice to see an adult Sam discussing the boating accident with Adam. And I liked all the banter he had with Vinnie. And the surf carnival story he had with Shauna. And I believe there was a nice scene between him and Maz nodding to the fact they used to be close. I think he gelled well with the characters of that time and wish he stayed around a little longer.

Adam was being, well a knob (more than he was 1990-91) when he became Bonza Burger Boss, who Sally ended up working for. It's like they took his old persona then made him about 10x worse. Loved his prank war with Vinnie. I don't think Bobby's death had anything to do with her Sally's nastiness towards him as five years had passed and Sam and most of everyone who was still around had moved on.

Stevenson actually wanted to stay from all accounts but left after two months.

The second half of 1999 was much better than the first and a bit more consistent. Okay, we so we lost Chloe, Travis and Rebecca along the way (in all honesty those three had really come to the end of the line by that point) but we got Mitch, Peta, Edward, Harry Judith and Shauna in exchange. Some may say that's a bad thing Some may say it's a good thing.

Sally being irritated by Adam had nothing to do with Bobby - as CaptainHulk said it was the way he was treating people, including her and Vinnie. He was written as more of a trouble maker, but wasn't particularly nice about it.

Sally was really nice to Adam, especially after the fire when he had become quite depressed (this was after Bobby's death). She went out of her way to help him out.

Every one in the bay thought Adam was a bit of a joke. As we can see in the 1991 episodes. So when he returned in 1999 he wanted to be taken more seriously and show that he hadturned his life around. So he over compensated and for a while was "a bit of a knob". Especially to Sally as he was her boss. After he had settled in he became more like the old Adam. Chatting up Shauna, trying to get James to go along with silly plans to get with her etc. Sabotaging yet other triatholon!

Sally was really nice to Adam, especially after the fire when he had become quite depressed (this was after Bobby's death). She went out of her way to help him out.

From what I remember by about 1993-94 in the aftermath of Bobby's death, The only people in town who were willing to give Adam the time of day were Irene, Sally, Nick and Luke.

A lot of people were sympathetic towards Adam...actually surprisingly quickly, certainly by the end of 1993.Michael was sympathetic towards him pretty much from get go, defending him staying at the caravan park to Pippa, who also came round pretty quickly.Morag, despite being an antagonist in those days, actually went out of her way to build bridges between him and Sam.I saw Bobby's funeral episode again last year and Finlay, like Sally, seemed sympathetic.Alf stayed angry longer than most and it was Sally that talked him round.Adam probably hated himself more than anyone else did, moving into a shack on the edge of town and becoming semi-reclusive, I remember Tug wanted to move in with him and Adam said he didn't think he should be around people.Pretty much the only person that never forgave him was Greg and that was partly because he didn't stick around long.

I've always thought that Donald held onto the grudge right to the end:I remember Adam was fined for the incident and Pippa and a couple of others are congratulating him and Don bitterly asks "Two hundred dollars?Is that all Bobby's life was worth?", which Adam remembered for a long time.I remember after the fire, when Adam saved Sam's life, Don made a public speech thanking him and saying what happened to Bobby wasn't his fault and that kind of lifted the weight off Adam and made him feel like he could move on.But I saw an episode from early 1994 as part of Channel 5's repeat run where Adam's in the middle of a comedy storyline cleaning Don's carpet, so I guess it wasn't as relentless as I thought.

Archived