Quotes!

Guest Paige__

I love the quote in my sig (obviously :P)

Plus

"The opposite of war isn't peace, it's creation." - from Rent the musical

"To being an us for once, instead of a them!" - also from Rent

From Scrubs:

J.D.: This, this isn't like being a janitor, okay! It's not just like something everybody can do.

Janitor: Oh. So you can do my stuff, but I can't do yours?

J.D.: Yes!

Janitor: Okay, hotshot, what would you use to get a coffee stain up off a tile floor?

J.D.: I don't know... the... rough side of a sponge?

[silence]

Janitor: Dammit.

Colin Lane: If all the villiage idiots... from all the villiages... left their villiages... and formed their own villiage... of idiots... in that villiage... you would be the villiage idiot. Take THAT into your back face.

Bernard Black: If you live in a council flat, next to a river, but are not blind... WHAT?!?!

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some of my favourites:

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans." (John Lennon)

"Oh, and Theodore? If you f*** up, I'll have you murdered." (Brian, QAF)

"You're like Santa Claus on Prozac... At Disneyland... Getting laid...!" (Phoebe, Friends)

"Sometimes the most important history is the history we're making today." (Meredith, Grey's Anatomy)

"What's coming will come, and we'll meet it when it does." (J. K. Rowling)

"No victory worth winning ever comes easily" (Mel, QAF)

"I believe that believing we'll survive is what makes us survive" (Izzie, Grey's Anatomy)

"You were gonna be a doctor-movie star, poet at a Nobel seminar, I hope the world never tore that out of you" (From the song "Our last night" by Better than Ezra)

"If God had wanted me on ice, he would have made me a Vodka Martini" (Michael, QAF)

"Those who forget the lessons of the past are doomed to relive it." (Written on a wall in Auswich)

"I'm half Italian and half dragqueen, I'm allowed to get worked up!" (Michael, QAF)

"Heterosexual love... D'you see, Justin? They're not that different from us." (Vic, QAF)

"An epoch is but a swing of the pendulum, and each genereation thinks the world is progressing because it is always moving." (G. B. Shaw)

"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" (Aldous Huxley)

There are hundreds of other QAF and Friends quotes as well, I could go on forever with the TV quotes, but I won't :P

This isn't really a famous quote, but I thought it was worth a mention, my friend sent me an SMS today, totally out of nowhere:

"I'm watching Alex right now. Damn our teacher was hot!!"

:lol:

oh gosh. i could list millions of TV quotes i love too.

it's basically how I speak, something always relates to it.

but these are some of my other favourite ones..

Do what you will, always walk where you like, your steps, do as you please ill back you up – Dave Matthews Band

Friends are beyond price, no amount can balance their worth. Sirach 6:15

“Reach high, for stars lie hidden in your soul. Dream deep, for every dream precedes the goal.”

"Yesterday is but today's memory tomorrow is today's dream.”

“Because of your smile, you make life more beautiful.”

“Only as high as I reach can I grow, only as far as I seek can I go, only as deep as I look can I see, only as much as I dream can I be.”

Friends are the people who know the song in your heart and can sing it back to you when you forget the words’

these are both from Winnie The Pooh :P

Remember every new beginning is some beginning's end - welcome to wherever you are- bon jovi

That right here right now you're exactly where you're supposed to be - welcome to wherever you are - Bon Jovi

actually. pretty much that whole song.

I don’t forgive because I’m week; I forgive because I’m strong enough to know I make mistakes

Live for today because yesterday is over and tomorrow may never come.

It doesn’t matter if life is pulling you down, with Christ you have everything.

Unless you have lived my life, don’t judge me because you don’t know, never have and never will know every little detail about me.

You just have to be happy; If you are everything will just fall into place.

Things are always so much more grand and wonderful when your friends are there to share them.

Always watch where you are going. Otherwise, you may step on a piece of the Forest that was left out by mistake.

gosh, i could keep going, but i don't want to bore you...

Best friends: they know how stupid you are and still choose to be seen with you in public

Ohh, I like that one!!

oh gosh. i could list millions of TV quotes i love too.

it's basically how I speak, something always relates to it.

Haha, yeah me too, I drive my friends crazy, cause no matter what I say there's always some quote from Friends or QAF or One Tree Hill or That '70's show or Grey's anatomy or some other show that I just have to mention because it fits :lol:

^^ My family hate me for it, and my friends too.

here's one i was told today

"It's true that we don't know what we've got until we lose it, but it's also true that we don't know what we've been missing until it arrives."

and this is a quote me and my friends use all the time, even if it doesn't make sence,

ok so you know Virgin mobile, well i was with that, and when i called up to check my credit, i accidently pressed like 4 or something insted of 2 and it's very computerised voice very seriously said.

"you pressed the wrong key, are you a little tipsy?" :lol:

• 2 months later...

The greatest movie monologue ever, which I can now almost recite word-for word.

Col. Jessep: "You can't handle the truth! Son, we live in a world that has walls and those walls need to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lieutenant Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago and curse the Marines; you have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives and that my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use then as the backbone of a life trying to defend something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you," and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest that you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to!"

And this is a brilliant and totally valid metaphor for love, which comes from an assassin droid robot in a Star Wars video game:

HK47: Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope. This definition, I am told, is subject to interpretation. Obviously, love is a matter of odds. Not many meatbags could make such a shot, and fewer would derive love from it. Yet for me, love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticle, and together, achieving a singular purpose, against statistically long odds."

Like a lot of people... I love Grey's Anatomy ones and Friends ones :lol:

Meredith: We all remember the bed time stories of our childhood. The shoe fit Cinderella, the frog was turned into a prince, sleeping beauty was awakened with a kiss. Once upon a time and then they lived happily ever after. Fairy tales. The stuff of dreams. the problem is, fairy tales don't come true. It's the other stories. The ones that start in dark and stormy nights and end in the unspeakable. The nightmares always seem to become the reality.

Ross: I can't belive you two had sex in her dream.

Chandler: I'm sorry, it was a one time thing. I was very drunk and it was somebody else's subconscious.

Phoebe: Your tombstone can say whatever you want it to say. It could say "Ross Geller, Good at Marriage!" Y'know? Mine's gonna say "Phoebe Buffay, Buried Alive.

Ross: I may get to speak at this Paleontology conversion, and if I do, I'd love for you guys to come and hear me.

Chandler: I think I can safely say that we all have family issues, work stuff, and/or are sick.

Ross: It's in Barbados.

Chandler: But you come first!

Rachel: I'm there.

And... To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. :D

Press Gang had a few good ones...

Lynda: Has anyone ever told you you've got a wonderful vocabulary?

Spike: I always knew that, I just could never put it into words.

Lynda: Why do you assume I'm completely incapable of understanding anything technical?

Kenny: I find it saves time.

Colin: I'm not following this am I?

Frazz: Of course you are, just a long long way behind.

Frazz: Sex and violence; I love children's television.

Kenny: If I get killed doing this you're gonna feel really guilty.

Lynda: Why would I? You wont be around to tell me to.

Spike: Do you know what that woman has done to me?

Frazz: Dated you, dumped you, broken your heart, sent you packing back to America, given you a serious complex about all love of women because you know deep down you're still crazy about her and always will be.

Spike: Lucky guess.

Kenny: I want to talk to you about how you're spending your money.

Sam: I told you. I gave you that submission thingy.

Kenny: Oh yeah. Let's take look, shall we? Graphics Department spending preposals: a HB pencil and a sunbed.

Sam: I can explain the pencil.

Tiddler: Colin, what does a rabbit mean to you?

Colin: A four pack of lucky feet.

Tiddler: How was Warner Edison?

Colin: Dead.

Kenny: What?

Colin: He had a heart attack last Wednesday, two hours after he phoned me to come round. It was his funeral this afternoon, and they were having a sort of a gathering at his house. Do you know what I really wish?

Tiddler: What?

Colin: I wish that I hadn't pushed past the guy that opened the door, rushed into the house and shouted "Hi Warner, I'm a bunny-gram!". Do you have any idea what it's like to have every single rich and powerful person in town dressed in black and staring at you, while you're wearing a giant pink rabbit costume to a funeral? Excuse me, I'm just going into the toilet to whimper for a while.

Lynda: Okay, it's like this. There's a tribe living down by a river, and in the river there are crocodiles. The tribe has one particular piece of wisdom passed down through the generations. It goes like this: if you happen to meet a crocodile, don't stick your head in its mouth. Every now and then, and who knows the reason, people ignore this advice, which is sad, because they die. But very stupid because they were warned. They had a choice. The moral of this story is this: You can't afford to be stupid. There are crocodiles.

Archived