Love At First Sight

Guest HeavenForbid

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 5

Jack got out of his bed the next day, unaware that he was about to have one eventful day. He had a shower, got dressed and went into the kitchen when Kate had prepared breakfast for the family.

“Morning, son” Tony said

Jack sat down at the table.

“What are you going to do today?” Kate asked

“I don’t know yet. I was thinking about looking for a place to live” Jack said

“What about you life in the city? Your job? Your friends?” Tony asked

“Yeah, I just think I need a change. I am going to call my boss later and tell him that I am quitting” Jack replied

“Well, I am not complaining! I have my son back” Kate smiled at Jack

“Yeah, thanks for breakfast, mum. I have to go” Jack answered and walked out of the house.

Jack took out his phone as he got a text. It read;

Heya, babe! I miss you. My husband is going away in a few days so we will have lots of time together and we can do lots of things. Well, text me back, sexy. xxx

Jack rolled his eyes. He text back saying he was away for a while. He regretted starting this affair with a married woman. He wanted out. She wasn't satisfied by her husband and went to Jack. Jack wasn’t looking ahead of him and walked into someone. He looked up and was amazed that this type of beauty existed.

“I am so sorry” Jack smiled

“It is ok. I wasn’t paying attention either. Texting” laughed the girl

“I am Jack. Jack Holden” he replied

“Martha Mackenzie” she smiled

“Well, Martha, it was lovely bumping into you” laughed Jack “See you around”

Martha walked on. So did Jack. Martha turned around and looked at Jack walked. She smiled and continued to walk. She phone beeped. She opened the new message

I will get you Martha! You can’t run forever. Watch you back! Love Ricky xxx

Martha was scared. Did Ricky have someone watching Martha? She went to the beach and sat on it for a while. Meanwhile, Jack was looking at the board in the diner.

“You alright, doll” Irene asked

“Fine. Just looking for a job and place to live” Jack answered

“What about the apartment above this place?” Irene asked

“Never thought of that! Who owns it?” Jack asked

“Alf. Lives with Sally. Nobody lives there currently” Irene replied

“Thanks, Irene. I will check it out. Now I just need a new job” Jack said

“Well, it looks like it is you lucky day!” Irene smiled

“Irene, I don’t want to work here” Jack replied

“No! You did that police course, right?” Irene asked

“Yeah, why?” Jack replied

“Well, the station is looking for a new officer. You could try there” Irene suggested

“Thanks so much! I will look into it!” Jack smiled and left the diner and headed of to Sally’s house. He knocked at the door. Martha opened the door

“Hi, I am looking for Alf” Jack said

“He is not in a the moment” Martha replied “But, I can take a message”

“No, that is ok. I will call back later” Jack answered

“You sure?” Martha asked

“Yes, thanks Martha” Jack smiled

They only just met but they both knew there was something there. Jack left and headed to the police station to talk about the job.

“Hi, I am here about the job” Jack said

“Let me get the man to talk to” laughed the woman at the desk

The woman returned with another man

“Senior Harper” he said

“Jack Holden” Jack replied shaking the man’s hand

“Let’s go and talk somewhere” Harper answered

“Ok” Jack answered and followed him into an office

“Have you ever worked with the police force before?” Harper asked

“No, but I did the course a few years back” Jack answered

“Right, well I will need to see that certificate before I can take you on also I will need to get in touch with the people who taught you” Harper replied

“Ok, I will get back to you straight away” Jack replied and went home. He opened the door to find Alf, Tony and Kate standing there

“Alf, heya” Jack said

“Hello Jack. Martha said you were looking for me” Alf answered

“Yes, I was. About the apartment above the diner. I would like to rent it out” Jack replied

“Well, that shouldn’t be a problem” Alf smiled

“Great, give me a few days to get my stuff together as well as the first months rent” Jack replied

Alf left. Everything seemed to be falling into place for Jack. He was getting a job, he had a place to live and he had seen a girl that he liked. Martha on the other hand, was living in fear. What she didn’t know, was that she life was about to get worse. . . . . .

Archived