The Anti JnM

Guest Roccoluver

Just found this thread and I totally agree with you all. J&M have to be the most irritating couple on H&A ever. I've started recording the episodes and fast forwarding their scenes.

Martha is a selfish cow, everything has to revolve around her. Words can't express how much I hate this couple.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with a poster above who mentioned that their characters haven't been developed fully. I think we can see that contrast now with newer characters and how they are being written. Martha however is probably more developed than Jack. I think we have an idea who she is as an individual which really shone through when she was single and dating various people last year. I think the writers have always let Jack down in not exploring a little more about him. If he stayed in the show for another term I could see him being like Dan or Leah and just a filler. Anyway, that's not to say I don't like them, but I am disappointed, and have always been, with how they have been handled.

I agree with a poster above who mentioned that their characters haven't been developed fully. I think we can see that contrast now with newer characters and how they are being written. Martha however is probably more developed than Jack. I think we have an idea who she is as an individual which really shone through when she was single and dating various people last year. I think the writers have always let Jack down in not exploring a little more about him. If he stayed in the show for another term I could see him being like Dan or Leah and just a filler. Anyway, that's not to say I don't like them, but I am disappointed, and have always been, with how they have been handled.

I personally can't stand J/M as individuals or as a couple, but I agree with you that their characters aren't nearly as developed as they could/should be. i would have loved to have seen Jack deal with Sam's death and attempt to be a single parent to Rory after Sam's death. It would have been interesting to see his character develop like that, it might even have provided some great father/son scenes with Tony who was also a single parent. I reall hate that instead the writers turned it into another J/M story.

I really despise this pairing. Neither character interest me on their own and as a couple I find them worse. I get sometimes people get hurt when it comes to relationships but they have hurt way to many people. They break up over petty things. The Cancer storyline did help tone down the hate I feel towards them but even that is not enough to make me come to a point where I can actually say that I am looking forward to seeing them on screen. I think if there wasn't J/M back then, then Jack and Marthas characters would never have made it to becoming as popular as they are. Their characters would have probably faded into the background a long time ago.

I agree the characters have not been developed. I think i really started to hate them after Sam's death.

princess.sparkle is right instead of developing Jack they make it about them. They lost a potentially good storyline with Jack being a single dad. Him getting advise from Tony, stuff like that. But no they get back together so quickly. I was just disgusted.

I agree Martha's more developed then Jack.In the time Jack's been on the show i can't remember a story not being about him and Martha.Even after Sam died he was back with Martha 10 seconds later.

I agree Martha's more developed then Jack.In the time Jack's been on the show i can't remember a story not being about him and Martha.Even after Sam died he was back with Martha 10 seconds later.

Yeah, at least we know a bit about Martha's personality, like that she is stubborn. But what personalioty traits does Jack have? Other than his ability to treat other people like dog dirt so he can be with Martha.

One thing that is really bugging me (UK Pace here) is Jack being angry at Roman because the baby might be his. Is Jack forgetting that Martha was with Roman while he was married to someone else. Did he just think Martha & Roman held hands because she was saving herself for him?

Immature moron.

Gawd, I hate Jack & Martha <_<

One thing that is really bugging me (UK Pace here) is Jack being angry at Roman because the baby might be his. Is Jack forgetting that Martha was with Roman while he was married to someone else. Did he just think Martha & Roman held hands because she was saving herself for him?

Immature moron.

Gawd, I hate Jack & Martha <_<

That what i was thinking - holding hands :lol:

Jack not so smart is he?

Archived