2001 Episodes on Five Life

Guest tonywilson

I heard a rumour that Ailsa is going to die in a mudslide.

LMAO! To quote message boards from back then: "It's true! It's been confirmed! She dies while bushwalking with Alf and they have filmed her funeral it has been confirmed by the actress!"

Seriously though, when had Ailsa ever been bushwalking? Ever? Why would she and Alf suddenly start doing it then?! I really wondered at the time why people were believing it.

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard a rumour that Ailsa is going to die in a mudslide.

LMAO! To quote message boards from back then: "It's true! It's been confirmed! She dies while bushwalking with Alf and they have filmed her funeral it has been confirmed by the actress!"

Seriously though, when had Ailsa ever been bushwalking? Ever? Why would she and Alf suddenly start doing it then?! I really wondered at the time why people were believing it.

And then when news of the Diner fire was released. "It's true she dies in the fire it's been confirmed by Judy Nunn".

Yeah I heard that too :o

Look at this clipping i found!

Ailsa is leaving home and away!!!

Ailsa Stewart who has been on the show from the very start is leaving the show in a very dramatic way. Ailsa will die after being crushed by a landslide while out bushwalking. The scenes were very hard for the cast to film, especially for Judy Nunn who is still tender after an operation to remove a tumerous growth from her abdomen

Kinda wish she did, it would have been much more dramatic :rolleyes:

Actually I was just about to say that I'm glad she didn't. I really like that Ailsa's death was so understated - the fact that it was such a 'normal' way to die (by soap standards anyway) made it even more heartbreaking somehow. That's what the show misses when it goes OTT.

ETA: KK secret wedding on Monday 28th!! Is it sad to be so excited by this?!

The problem with Ailsa's death though was that although it being such a 'normal' way to die was heartbreaking, they didn't show any of the heartbreak. It was like...

Sally: Ailsa's dead!

Leah: Do you think Alf will sell my dad half the diner?

Dani: Forget about Ailsa, all the attention should be focused on me!

Actually I was just about to say that I'm glad she didn't. I really like that Ailsa's death was so understated - the fact that it was such a 'normal' way to die (by soap standards anyway) made it even more heartbreaking somehow. That's what the show misses when it goes OTT.

It wasn't her cause of death that was wrong, it was the way it was written. It wasn't an exit storyline, it was an exit scene, which is pretty disgusting for a character who's been around 13 years. All the good stuff that would have been heartbreaking (paramedics arriving, Duncan and Alf being told she's dead - think of The Body from Buffy - news spreading around town, Alf saying goodbye, it was all skipped. And nobody other than Alf, Duncan and Shauna even cared. Sally, Leah, and Irene who were all close to Ailsa really didn't give a crap because the time skip between her collapsing and the funeral meant that everything was missed out.

...And we are in business. Ordering a recorder today but just need to decide whether to get a HD one or one with a VCR. I'm thinking HD, incase I mess up the first episodes and stuff.

I will tell you now about how I will do this. I will probably record a weeks worth of episodes, then transfer and upload at the weekends. Is that okay for everyone? This may change, depending on how much free time I have (all this has to happen when I start having an actual life :lol: )

I will also be uploading to rapidshare, so I will split each episode into rar files. This will give small download files but a good quality episode. Depending on the recorder, the episodes may also have adverts in tact.

They will also be uploaded to Mar's server as well.

Does that sound okay?

Archived