Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Guest MarcHall0606

My favourite season is season 3. My favourite eppies are:

Band Candy

The Wish

Doppelganger

Earshot

Graduation two-parter

I recently watched the whole series from start to finish. Took me awhile. I'm now a converted Anya fan. Didn't like her before but now I love her.

And Drew, your fan fic looks interesting. I'll read it when I have the time!

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep. We'll do Earshot... I pretty much love all the season 3 eps. Faith, the Mayor, The Wish/Dopplegangland, Graduation etc... Too many good episodes... I'll watch it later tonight and leave my review.

And Natasha; the fic is on hold for a bit (back at uni now and have been really getting stuck into my own original story).

This is going to be hard to explain... The Gift was on foxtel later before and I couldn't help but watch it (for obvious reasons :P ), however, I don't know if it was just my memory going wonky, but the episode on TV felt like there was more time based on a few scenes compared to the DVD... Like for example, when Spike goes on top of the tower and when Doc stabs him, there was this whole wrestling scene for like five seconds, then Doc picks him up and throws Spike off of the tower... I don't remember that on the DVD, only Spike being stabed, Doc picks him up then throws him off... Did anyone here happen to watch it on foxtel before? Also, there was stuff with Glory/Buffy that seemed to be getting cut out, most likely because of the censeors... but it's foxtel, nothing on that gets censeord...:lol: I might check out the scene later tonight on DVD...

Ahhhhhhhhh, hectic weekend... Hectic, hectic, hectic. =[

Anyway, finally got around to watching it after work today... It made my day after being abused by customers for the majority of the day.

Not sure where to begin with this episode though... On one hand, I love it... But on the other, it really depresses me...

Buffy... The pain she's feeling in her head, tossing in and turning in her bed from it all... It makes me twitch because I could just sense myself having a massive headache, feeling like that and can't do anything about it (apart from popping some panadol pills)... She's all sad and desperate... I just saddens me to watch it haha... And then Jonothan... One of my favourite characters and he's going to kill himself because no one notices him etc =[ I'm so glad they never kill him off though because... You know... Superstar... Nerd Trio... I love Jonothan :P

Something that always gets me with that scene in the clocktower... Jonothan is loading this massive gun, with us thinking he's going to gun the students down from the top, only for him to reveal he's going to kill himself... With THAT massive gun... Exactly, how was he going to shot himself with his short arms and a massive gun? He would barely be able to shoot himself in the foot. :lol:

However, goofs and sad parts aside... The scene int he library when Giles and good 'ol Wes are telling the gang Buffy can hear their thoughts... Cordelia just says exactly what's on her mind, Oz thinks that once Buffy contains his thoughts he'll cease to exist... and Xander... Sex... Naked girls. Naked Buffy. Oh stop me................... Bye! :lol: And then Wes is telling them all that they're going to be thinking what they least want Buffy to hear, then she hear's Wesley's thoughts something like "Look at Cordelia. NO! Don't look at Cordelia, she's a student! Oh, i'm a very bad bad man." :lol: I love Wesley... Not many people do, I don't know why. He's great.

And then the scene when Xander catches the lunch lady putting the rat poison into the food... Xander just standing there with the jellow while the lunch lady just watches him as she pours the poison in and then he goes bizerk and throws everyones lunches everywhere "Rat posion! Rat posion!" :lol: GOLD!

And for anyone who knows what Andy looks like (Oxidizer) doesn't he look extremly like the newspaper guy, Freddy is it? LOL

There's more to say (just like every other episode =p ) so I'll might add in more later.

EDIT: I completely forgot the scene everyone thinks of when they hear about this episode... You had sex with Giles! Twice! On the hood of a car!?

And then Giles running into the tree. hahahahahahahhaha.

Something that always gets me with that scene in the clocktower... Jonothan is loading this massive gun, with us thinking he's going to gun the students down from the top, only for him to reveal he's going to kill himself... With THAT massive gun... Exactly, how was he going to shot himself with his short arms and a massive gun? He would barely be able to shoot himself in the foot.

:lol: I always think that watching it. Jonathan, is such a great character, I love how they slowly brought him into the show, rather than all the other baddies, (Apart from Evil Willow), So by season 6 you're in love with his character. It's a ssham we don't see abit more of him throughout this epsiode.

However, goofs and sad parts aside... The scene int he library when Giles and good 'ol Wes are telling the gang Buffy can hear their thoughts... Cordelia just says exactly what's on her mind, Oz thinks that once Buffy contains his thoughts he'll cease to exist... and Xander... Sex... Naked girls. Naked Buffy. Oh stop me................... Bye! :lol: And then Wes is telling them all that they're going to be thinking what they least want Buffy to hear, then she hear's Wesley's thoughts something like "Look at Cordelia. NO! Don't look at Cordelia, she's a student! Oh, i'm a very bad bad man." :lol: I love Wesley... Not many people do, I don't know why. He's great.

That whole scene is brilliantly done. I'm always crying with laugher at the part with Wesley, I know he's only in for about 6 episodes, but I loved him! I don't undestand why people don't like him either! I love it when he goes into Giles little study and asks can you here me in here, his face is a picture. Xander cracks me up everytime!

XANDER: What am I gonna do? I think about sex all the time! Sex! Help! 4 times 5 is thirty. 5 times 6 is 32. Naked girls. Naked Women! Naked Buffy! Oh stop me!

BUFFY God Xander! Is that all you think about?

XANDER Actually... bye. Xander runs from the library.

And what about the bit when she's walking alone the corridor and thats lads checking her out. The way she just stands around him, while she listens to his thought, well that is untill he starts to have some xrated thoughts. The look she gives him as she walks away is priceless. Or and how could I almost forget the class scene. I love the way willow's like "Buffy did the reading... She understood the reading" Xanders starts to think "When did she study? Was I supposed to study? Ms. Murray's kinda hot."

And then the scene when Xander catches the lunch lady putting the rat poison into the food... Xander just standing there with the jellow while the lunch lady just watches him as she pours the poison in and then he goes bizerk and throws everyones lunches everywhere "Rat posion! Rat posion!" GOLD!

EDIT: I completely forgot the scene everyone thinks of when they hear about this episode... You had sex with Giles! Twice! On the hood of a car!?

And then Giles running into the tree. hahahahahahahhaha.

The way he's running around is hilarious, everyones just staring at him like he's lost the plot! :lol:

How could you forget that, it has to be my favourite Buffy scene ever!

GILES I'm glad to see you've recovered from your psychic encounter more or less intact. Feel up to some training?

BUFFY Sure. We can work out after school. You know, if you're not too busy having sex with my MOTHER!

At which point Giles walks right into a tree. Tears roll down my face after wahtcing that scene!

EDIT: Thinking about the last scene from Earshot get me thinking about the one scene thats stands out from all the rest!

for me its the ending from Earshot, I'm just wondering what everyone else is? :D

The scene which always sticks out for me in that episode is the library scene, Wesley's whole speech on not to think what you least want Buffy to think, and he's checking out Cordelia in the meanwhile. "I'm a bad man... A very bad bad man... Excuse me." :lol: I really love Wesley, and Cordelia... Shame their whole little attraction didn't work out in Graduation... However, I did like the whole awkward approach the writters did to it when they were kissing. :lol: Wes, along with Faith and Cordy have the best one-liners throughout that season three IMO... I could quote Wesley all day haha.

How they portrayed him like the younger Giles is hillarious. I love their relationship together, when Wesley says or does something, and then Giles realizes that's something he would do and appears embaressed by it. :lol: .. Love this line from Bad Girls..

WES: Don't panic Mr. Giles, we have to remain calm.

GILES: Well thank god you're here, I was planning to panic.

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I think the DVD club died :P

If we're still on Earshot, I haven't watched it for a while, but I seem to remember Xander thinking "Don't think about sex. Don't think about sex." and then Buffy saying "My god, is that ALL you think about!?" and Oz having a deep philosophical discussion with himself about whether or not Buffy being able to read his mind means that she creates his thoughts and therefore creates him or something equally as trippy. Oz is fun :D

The thing with Jonathan at the end wanting to kill himself and Buffy telling him that everyone else has their own stuff to deal with, that was good. I always thought it was a shame they had to hold back the episode because of certain school shootings... the whole point of the episode is to show why that sort of thing ISN'T a good idea. Oh well.

Speaking of Jonathan, the reason I came in here was to mention that Gilmore Girls made a Buffy reference the other day during an episode which starred Danny Strong, and I found it funny. Rory said to Paris, who was going out at 11pm, "Who are you planning to meet, Spike and Drusilla?" I was so happy :)

:lol: at the GG reference. I love Spike and Dru.

I remember on a Buffy doco a few months ago that Earshot was held back because coincedently it was supposed to air the same week the Columbine shootings happened... It was either the same week, or really close to each other... But they actually took Buffy off air completely for a few weeks because the whole "hell on highschool" was "too much" for what was happening at the time...

Anyway, yeah, the DVD club sorta died :lol:

Shall we do a new episode? haha

• 4 weeks later...

Archived