Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Guest MarcHall0606

:o :o :o

Has anyone heard about the new Buffy movie? They're not rumors, it's true, but it hasn't gone into pre-production yet.

Anyway, it's not great news... The pair that owns the rights to the original movie, and were paid for the series for doing nothing Fran and someone Kuzi or whatever, they're revamping the franchise, but with none of the characters, actors... And Joss!

I don't know how they're going to do it but it's not going to work.

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did like the original movie - YES, I'M THE ONE!! - but after 8 years of the TV-Buffyverse, it is stupid to slap the title of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" on a new movie that has nothing to do with it. Unless of course that delightful Luke Perry is involved...

I'm not saying I won't see it, because I'm sure I will, but I'll be treating it like Dragonball (which incidentally starred James Marsters): a whole other entity that can't be compared to the original, because there's no way it could ever live up to it, so why bother expecting it to? As it's own movie, Dragonball wasn't too bad. Hopefully Buffy will be the same. Ie, not a complete disgrace to the name. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

This isn't true, my sister works for an official buffy forum, and they were thinking about maing a movie and now there not, Well thats the last i heard il have to ask her! But joss wouldn't give out the right to his show, he would have to give permission

IM GOING TO MEET JAMES MARSTER AND NIKKY BRENDEN IN OCTOBER sorry im a bit excited lolzz

Aww lucky :)

I heard about a new movie, but it didn't really sound good. None of the characters from the show or anything apparently. Except Buffy but it'll probably be another actress, not Sarah Michelle Gellar.

One of my favourite lines in the whole series of Buffy the Vampire Slayer was a totally random gag:

Snyder: There are some things I can just smell. It's like a sixth sense.

Giles. No, that would be one of the five.

I liked the Buffy movie too, although it's nearly 10 years since I last watched it. What's the plan supposed to be for this new movie (if there is one)?

This isn't true, my sister works for an official buffy forum, and they were thinking about maing a movie and now there not, Well thats the last i heard il have to ask her! But joss wouldn't give out the right to his show, he would have to give permission

IM GOING TO MEET JAMES MARSTER AND NIKKY BRENDEN IN OCTOBER sorry im a bit excited lolzz

No, the people that want to make the movie, have the actual rights. There's nothing Joss can do about it.

Not that is bothers me that they're making a Buffy movie without the characters, it would of been awesome in the same Buffyverse, but the fact they want to "reboot" the roots is an unsettling feeling. Also, the movie hasn't gone into pre-production yet or anything, the Kuzis are seriously thinking about rebooting the franchise. The amount of backlash from fans though may put them off. There's so many confirmed sources about this statement, it is true. It may not happen, but the idea is seriously being put forward.

And just something random, watching Buffy at the moment, I love Glory's minions :lol: They make season five!

• 1 year later...

I am on the great Buffy rewatch, and have just finished Season 2.

Can I just say that S2 really does hold up well, even years down the line. There are some shows where eps I cried at the first time stop having that effect, yet I still found myself crying while watching 'Passion' and 'The Becoming'.

I had forgotten how good S1 was aswell.

I just hope my favourite S3 is still my favourite after rewatching it after 4 years.

(Sorry for bringing up an old topic. Couldn't help myself :wub: )

• 2 weeks later...

Archived