Bobby Morley spotted in Melbourne

Guest starrychris

To say every smoker is selfish is a bit critical, i mean granted some of them are but not all of them. some are just addicted and know its wrong but dont have the will power to quit. I pity them most of the time. I do hate the ones you smoke while to eat and blow smoke near you but these days people are beginning to be more considerate as non-smokers out number smokers!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And poor Bobby can't even have a few drinks with friends without people harrassing him.

OH dear. We never harassed him! He was sitting at the table next to us for at least an hour and a half before my friend decided to just go over and ask for a quick photo. It's just that when she did go over, he didn't even smile to the camera and pretty much completly ignored her! Like others have said yes they may like privacy but if your a TV star it comes with the job and all they need to do is smile and be friendly for a few seconds and all is good. He just had a bit of a snobbish attitude which was a put off! Especially when you are going out in a bar in one of the most popular places in the city, any celebrity or known name has got to learn to expect to encounter some fans like that every now and then, it comes with the job.

The thing is, it's not just him you are interrupting (I don't mean you personally, I mean anyone who approaches TV actors when they are out and about, especially having a meal or drinks). It's rude to his friends too, who could have been trying to talk to him. If he was cranky, it was probably because he was annoyed on behalf of his friends being interrupted rather than anything else.

I never get why famous people aren't friendly to there fans!!! lol

I think it depends on the situation.. for eg he was sitting around with 5 mates just having a beer and a smoke and then some girl comes up and asks for his autograph and photo thus interupting his good time and also being the target of his friends jibes when she leaves!

To say every smoker is selfish is a bit critical, i mean granted some of them are but not all of them. some are just addicted and know its wrong but dont have the will power to quit. I pity them most of the time. I do hate the ones you smoke while to eat and blow smoke near you but these days people are beginning to be more considerate as non-smokers out number smokers!

How is that critical! Im just pointing out the obvious! Just because there addicted they should get a get-outa-jail free card then should they!? I dont think so!

They shouldnt have started smoking in the first place. Ok, its fine if they do it in there own house, but when your waiting for the bus, or eating a meal i dont wana be breathing in 2nd hand smoke. :angry:

Sorry im not having a go at you, i just realised im getting a bit over the top on this arent i. lol. Theres just certain things i dont agree with and smokings one of them.

:)

Well that was subtle....To be honest i'm not sure what i think.On one hand he should be prepared for this kind of thing, it comes with the job but at the ssme time people do have bad days and he does seem to be doing a lot of cast fan signings lately so is entiitled to some time off.

As for smoking it's not really any of our business though I can understand people being curious.Who are we to tell him or anyone else they can't give themselves lung cancer?

I do agree that it should be restricted and it's good that it is becourse the smell makes me sick.I think that people who smoke in public places obviously have a disregard for others but as long as it's away from me i'm not bothered.

And poor Bobby can't even have a few drinks with friends without people harrassing him.

OH dear. We never harassed him! He was sitting at the table next to us for at least an hour and a half before my friend decided to just go over and ask for a quick photo. It's just that when she did go over, he didn't even smile to the camera and pretty much completly ignored her! Like others have said yes they may like privacy but if your a TV star it comes with the job and all they need to do is smile and be friendly for a few seconds and all is good. He just had a bit of a snobbish attitude which was a put off! Especially when you are going out in a bar in one of the most popular places in the city, any celebrity or known name has got to learn to expect to encounter some fans like that every now and then, it comes with the job.

The thing is, it's not just him you are interrupting (I don't mean you personally, I mean anyone who approaches TV actors when they are out and about, especially having a meal or drinks). It's rude to his friends too, who could have been trying to talk to him. If he was cranky, it was probably because he was annoyed on behalf of his friends being interrupted rather than anything else.

I agree with both of you to an extent. I can see why Bobby might have been irritated if he was trying to relax with his friends, as everyone needs time off now and again. He's probably not an unfriendly person, but the thing with celebrities is that they never get to be 'off duty' and that must get tiring after a while. He was probably just having a bad day. Saying that, getting recognised comes with the job and he could always have gone to somewhere quieter if he wanted privacy. I agree with Ste that I feel most sorry for his friends, as they never asked for the attention and it must be quite annoying.

I agree with both of you to an extent. I can see why Bobby might have been irritated if he was trying to relax with his friends, as everyone needs time off now and again. He's probably not an unfriendly person, but the thing with celebrities is that they never get to be 'off duty' and that must get tiring after a while. He was probably just having a bad day. Saying that, getting recognised comes with the job and he could always have gone to somewhere quieter if he wanted privacy. I agree with Ste that I feel most sorry for his friends, as they never asked for the attention and it must be quite annoying.

I have to agree with you if he wanted to go out for a quiet drink with his friends then he probably should of gone to somewhere less popular. It is part of his job to be nice to the fans, but i guess it gets hard to be constently happy and on hand to give autographs and photos all the time. I guess if it was me unless I was drunk I wouldnt of been able to approach him. I'm not just saying that, I have seen celebs before and been just to scared to approach. I mean I would feel I was invading his privacy. However if I was to see him at a function/promo for the show I wouldn't hesitate.

I never get why famous people aren't friendly to there fans!!! lol

Neither do I.

Neither do i. :P The fans are the reason why famous people exist. Its not just their job to act, they have to be nice to the fans to. If not then they picked the wrong job.

Archived